AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-21, 15:07   Link #1941
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Gouen no Soleil's demo is up and available for download!
WAZZAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-03-21, 16:28   Link #1942
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Chaos Head's demo is also up for download.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 16:33   Link #1943
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Thanks for the heads-up! Gonna go check out Chaos Head ASAP.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 22:18   Link #1944
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

So I played through the trial ver. once. Wow, really intriguing stuff. Except I haven't figured out what to do with those beeping red and green dots that appear at the top of the screen once in a while... is there a way to make something happen with them, or are they just some kind of signal?

If I could figure out how to extract the script, I might consider translating the demo. Any suggestions? Really interested in the full game now (I mean, not that I wasn't already, but still).
Old 2008-03-22, 01:29   Link #1945
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
So I played through the trial ver. once. Wow, really intriguing stuff. Except I haven't figured out what to do with those beeping red and green dots that appear at the top of the screen once in a while... is there a way to make something happen with them, or are they just some kind of signal?
I was a bit confused about them first as well. If you click the green one Takumi will get delusional and quite hilarious scenes can occur.

Spoiler for A example for the one with Nanami:

And I also found it very entertaining, going to be a long month to wait for the full game now.

Last edited by Orrin; 2008-03-22 at 02:01.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 03:21   Link #1946
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Gouen no Soleil trial was win! Nagare and Rin's interaction reminds me much of Ryuuhei and Sol's bickering, except this time they added some of that master-servant element from Familiar Spirit so Nagare can coerce Rin to do whatever if she wants her to (no abusive play so far, so don't worry). Nagare is a hilarious protagonist.
Old 2008-03-22, 03:49   Link #1947
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

LOL yeah. It was awesome seeing Rin go "Yes Master - HEY WAIT WHAT?!". I can't wait for the full game to come out!
Old 2008-03-22, 09:02   Link #1948
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:

If I could figure out how to extract the script, I might consider translating the demo. Any suggestions? Really interested in the full game now (I mean, not that I wasn't already, but still).
http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index...e:Gnc_logo.png

You could always try contacting this guy who seems to have Gekkou's engine worked out, and I figure Chaos Head's wouldn't be all that different (but I've never played either, so I wouldn't know for sure). The translation for that project doesn't seem to be moving anywhere fast so he might be able to help.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 12:06   Link #1949
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Unfortunately, it looks like Chaos Head uses .npa archive format instead of .pak like Gekkou and some of the other older-but-not-too-old Nitro games. ;_; I don't know a lot about these things, but I'm guessing that for now I can work up to the first decision point safely (using agth or something to pull out the original text)... I assume that it's once the option for alternate scenes comes up that you really need to have the original script files at hand.

I'll try contacting him (or making a general plea for help at the VisualNews forum) once I've gotten that far. The decision point comes early on, so it shouldn't take long, once I sit down and get my school-related stuff out of the way, haha.
Old 2008-03-22, 16:15   Link #1950
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Unfortunately, it looks like Chaos Head uses .npa archive format instead of .pak like Gekkou and some of the other older-but-not-too-old Nitro games. ;_; I don't know a lot about these things, but I'm guessing that for now I can work up to the first decision point safely (using agth or something to pull out the original text)... I assume that it's once the option for alternate scenes comes up that you really need to have the original script files at hand.

I'll try contacting him (or making a general plea for help at the VisualNews forum) once I've gotten that far. The decision point comes early on, so it shouldn't take long, once I sit down and get my school-related stuff out of the way, haha.
Yeah, can't find .npa on the usual formats list so it looks like they made up a nice new format to spite you. No idea how hard a new format would be to figure out but yeah, Visualnews or maybe even /jp/ will probably be your best bets. The latter might just jump on you to translate Saya instead though.

Should be okay just translating from AGTH until someone works it out if you do it japanese line/english line style formatting, it'd just take a bit more time than it otherwise would - but probably still less than starting once the format's sorted. The only problem really would be if no one can figure the format out and you've wasted all that work...
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 08:46   Link #1951
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

I don't really know should I be happy or sad knowing that Chaos;Head is a 15+ game. I guess that shows how much my mind has been corrupted.

(>_<)a
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 09:18   Link #1952
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Today I finished all the individual routes of FORTUNE ARTERIAL so, before I read the True Ending, I would like to share my thoughts of the game’s story so far.

First, my general impression.

All the routes had their strong and weak points, some more on the latter side. Every time the story reached its climax and you just don’t know what to do with all accumulated tension and suspense then, suddenly, everything ends which is not necessarily bad just “unsatisfying”. This doesn’t mean the story is bad or disappointing is just that (in my case) it leaves you wanting more and more.

As for characters, right now, I’m torn between Kiriha and Erika >.< They are both great characters! Kiriha is… I will quote Kouhei here:

Quote:
くそっ、なんてかわい人なん
Erika is also lovely, though, on a different way. dere dere Kiriha and Erika are just MOE. Kiriha is slightly lovelier though. Both of them are honest with their feelings towards Kouhei which is good considering the nature of their routes. Also, every time these two girls talk to each other is just hilarious.

Their stories are not directly related but, the concept is basically the same. Of course, they are different enough as not to conflict with each other.

Also, does someone know what the text that appears at the end of Erika’s route says? and, anyone has the ending song for Erika? It's called Akai Yakuzoku.

Next to those two stands Shiro-chan. Quite the innocent type yet, bold which surprised me. She would often take the first step when she and Kouhei enter the love love mode. A good example would be:

Spoiler:

As part of the Tougi house she is very formal in the way she speaks and acts. She works hard as not to be a burden for her brother. There is still some unexplained stuff in her story which I hope will be solved in the True End.

Last but no less come Haruna and Kanade-san (in that order). Haruna and Kanade are the only characters whose past was fully explored yet a HUGE doubt remains in my mind but is just too much of a spoiler to say it… Apart from that, Kanade’s existence is pretty much an extra for Haruna.

Haruna and Kanade are both your childhood friends. Haruna is perhaps the most normal of the girls: Cute yet beautiful, great at house shores such a laundry, cooking, etc. Has a quiet personality and is attentive with the people who surround her. Plus, her club “uniform” is just GREAT (Thank Iori for that).

Kanade is noisy and energetic but that is because she always wants everyone to have fun. More of the elder-sister type cares a lot for Haruna and wishes for her to be happy.

Well, so far the game has been pretty good. In numerical value would be around 7 out of 10. For the comments I have read about the True End I hope it goes from pretty good to great or perfect which would be 9/10 and 10/10
Old 2008-03-26, 09:48   Link #1953
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Awesome, can't wait to see what you think of FA's true end!

Which reminds me, I have to get started on Yoake and FA soon.
Old 2008-03-26, 12:55   Link #1954
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finished my playing of Yoake Mae Yori iro na and Witch's Slave...
Don't intend to play Sayaka's or Wreathlit's paths (Yoake), or that stupid teacher's path (Witch's Slave).

Spoiler for Yoake thoughts:

Spoiler for Witch's Slave thoughts:

Next up... HoneyComing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 09:38   Link #1955
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I love you AXL, GIGA and Clochette. ;__;
Old 2008-03-28, 11:38   Link #1956
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

*comes in*

I just need to get this out of me...

FORTUNE ARTERIAL's TRUE ENDING IS AWESOME!!!

*leaves*
Old 2008-03-28, 12:34   Link #1957
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Okay, I guess that's a fact then. Awesomeness of true end, confirmed!
Old 2008-03-28, 12:50   Link #1958
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

I haven't finished reading it but, so far it's just great! Most of the unsolved mysteries from the individual routes are solved. New mysteries appears, shocking secrets about some characters are revealed, etc!

Just awesome!!
Old 2008-03-28, 23:53   Link #1959
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Kamipani:

Mizuki: 「お、おに……鬼いちゃ……」

Finally, it was only a matter of time before this pun on words was used.

Kamipani attains god status.
Old 2008-03-29, 09:29   Link #1960
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Voice patch for Gouen no Soleil's trial 1 is out!

Unfortunately, the links are throttled, even the mirrors. ;__;

NANASHIKI RIN IS LOVE!

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2008-03-29 at 10:23.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel