AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 29 23.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 21.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 22.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 16.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-02, 21:48   Link #21
Evy

This episode was... eh.

Spoiler for Thoughts:

Badass George was pretty much the only thing thing keeping the rating up. 7/10.
Old 2009-12-02, 21:55   Link #22
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
Even Goldsmith couldn't make up for no Hibuta or Victima.
Do you realize what this means????

THIS IS THE EIGHT EPISODE IN A ROW THAT THEY DIDN'T USE SUSPICION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2009-12-02, 21:57   Link #23
chronotrig

Spoiler for review:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-12-02, 21:58   Link #24
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Well, there was the person who gave it a 4/10. Now that's two sub-par ratings out of over a dozen who found this something of an improvement from DEEN's past work.
Well admittedly the fight scenes were a marked improvement in just about every way from what DEEN usually provides us with, but fight scenes aren't the reason I love Umineko. There are plenty of other series' I can go to for my dose of Shounen action, but this isn't one of them, so no matter how cool these fights are (in the VN and the Anime) it's just not enough to save the episode for me. Character development and plot are what makes me love this series, and I don't feel this episode really had any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evy
This episode was... eh.

Spoiler for Thoughts::

Well, at least I know I'm not totally alone.
Old 2009-12-02, 22:00   Link #25
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evy View Post
This episode was... eh.

Spoiler for Thoughts:

Wow... I forgot when these parts happened in the VN (bad memory. ^^; )... so... they just cut it all out entirely? ._.

*sigh* Those were my favorite parts about this part of the VN too. Well there goes my somewhat nice opinion of the episode.

Old 2009-12-03, 01:05   Link #26
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
Really? I'm the only one who was really disappointed in this episode?
It's all about expectations. If you had high expectations, you'd be disappointed. If you have lower expectations, and then we get an episode like 1-5, or 4-4, it's a very satisfying feeling.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-12-03, 01:08   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

10/10... 1/10... It's hard to rate this episode. The change from Mystery(?) Comedy to some shonen fighting anime left me in tears, so I guess it gets a 10/10...
What's with that new girl's clothes... Talk about walking fanservice.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-12-03, 03:48   Link #28
Marion
The Great Dine

Gaap is pretty much the Queen of Fanservice with that dress I don't know what Ryukishi was thinking.

I don't mind things like the crying Siestas being removed - although it was a cute scene and Goldsmith was a complete jerk to them it was more of an extra scene to me.

Although I DO mind that they're completely changing Virgilia's character for EP 4. Virgilia isn't suppose to be as cool and mature as she normally is, she's suppose to act immature and just generally silly, especially with Gaap. Now that bothers me.
Old 2009-12-03, 06:53   Link #29
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
It's all about expectations. If you had high expectations, you'd be disappointed. If you have lower expectations, and then we get an episode like 1-5, or 4-4, it's a very satisfying feeling.
Or you let the anime burn to the ground and wait for someone else to pick it up down the line.

Quote:
Edit: Really? I'm the only one who was really disappointed in this episode? Man, now I feel like Workworkwork, that's not cool...
Old 2009-12-03, 09:49   Link #30
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Although I DO mind that they're completely changing Virgilia's character for EP 4. Virgilia isn't suppose to be as cool and mature as she normally is, she's suppose to act immature and just generally silly, especially with Gaap. Now that bothers me.
I completely agree. I know a lot of Virgilia fans actually like her better as the more wise and mature role model, but I loved Comic Relief Virgilia in EP4, and it's a real shame that we're probably not going to get any of that. In which case, I don't suppose we'll get any *bing bong* next week, either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork
Quote:
Edit: Really? I'm the only one who was really disappointed in this episode? Man, now I feel like Workworkwork, that's not cool...
Old 2009-12-03, 16:58   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So glad I write up my comments before coming in here. The negativity here never ceases to amaze. Overall I enjoyed it.

Okay this is weird as heck. Letters being sent out to relatives of those who died leading to cases full of money. Were the relatives that died involved in this and getting paid for their services even though they would have to die as well? Or maybe the person doing it feeling guilty for what they were about to do and wanted to compensate their families at least. Though I'd lean more toward the first one.

Wonder about that riddle though. Might actually hint at a way out of this. Something incredibly difficult to achieve but great rewards if achieved. Of course even really hard odds are possible with Bernkastel around. Small wish, but it'd be nice if it had something to do with things going better for Ange.

Plus wait a sec, was that Sakutaro in that sack?

Anyways have to give George credit, a lot cooler than I ever thought he was. Went with a decision that initially would make you want to drop him into a volcano but uses it to decide he's taking down the enemies.

Not bad for Jessica though. Throwing some solid punches there .
Old 2009-12-03, 17:45   Link #32
luckyssol

I thought this episode was an excellent adaptation of the visual novel(9/10). None of the big clues were left out and a new clue was added. (The image of what Ange saw in the futon shop)

It's probably difficult to have three story lines at the same time and still keep it interesting. I think they're doing a good job. This episode focused on the 1998 story line at the beginning and finished with the 1986 story line. The meta world story line can be expected to pick back up soon.

I liked the fight scenes but there might have been a bit too much dialog.

Now that we're coming to the end of the first season the quality seems to be picking up a bit so I'm looking forward to the end.
Old 2009-12-03, 18:03   Link #33
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
Since I've not read the VN's, I've no real expectations of episodes so I'm constantly pleased by them and on the edge of my seat for more. I found myself going... 'WAIT! It can't be finished already!' when it did. I lost track of how much time had gone, I found it to be a great episode.
Spoiler for thoughts:

I can't wait for next week - I was doing my obsessively refreshing the gg tracker page to see when it was out subbed tonight I'm getting worse every week for it
Old 2009-12-03, 18:05   Link #34
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I think it's called a locus, I remember the VN calling it that when Kanon revealed his anyway.

Old 2009-12-03, 18:06   Link #35
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

About "what Ange sees" the novel is a lot less clear than the anime. It wasn't even clear if she was seeing a real thing or a delusion.

Old 2009-12-03, 18:22   Link #36
suiryoku
Urusai! (うるさい
*Graphic Designer

This has definitely been one of the weaker episodes of the series, but I don't believe it was completely horrible so I gave it a 6/10.

Spoiler for review:
Old 2009-12-03, 18:39   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Spoiler for review:
Hence why I am really disappointed with this episode. Was really looking forward to the hell breaking loose action but what I got instead was a snore fest. It completely lacked in feeling and badassery...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-12-03, 18:40   Link #38
gameboy234

As anime only viewer, i feel rather confused. Too many switching past to now. I can't really follow the story now.
Old 2009-12-03, 18:48   Link #39
Chishio no Hana

the subs are out, so my review is here.

Kumasawa's son really sounded like her...

I'm confused, how did people get that it was Sakutaro in the bag?

Kanon looked so depressed when he heard Jessica's choice.

Aw, no purple Seista mentioned (I forgot her name... I know it has 5 in it somewhere)

I wanted to see the goats acting like idiots! So far, people must think that these things aren't all that stupid, when in truth....

Finally, they get Gaap calling Virgillia Lia!!

The fights look good! Of course, as usual, George talks too much. But I'm starting to like him more...

a good episode, in my opinion. Not the best, but it was a good episode. Hated the ending though.
Old 2009-12-03, 18:52   Link #40
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chishio no Hana View Post
I'm confused, how did people get that it was Sakutaro in the bag?
I never understood this either, though the VN makes it a lot less clear. I know people had speculated that it was Sakutaro for a while and I was always like 'what? What implies that it would be, and why would he be at the boat place?' because it was really vague and she could have seen anything (or an illusion). The Anime kinda showed something, but I still don't get 'OMG SAKUTARO' when I see it...

Am I missing something?

Edit: Just watched the episode again. Okay, I guess I can see how it might be Sakutaro, but I still don't get it. Also, didn't catch this the first time around but GAAP CALLED BEATRICE 'BEATO'. NOT 'RIICHE. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

Last edited by KanonTheFurniture; 2009-12-03 at 19:38.
Closed Thread