AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 70 44.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 31.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 6.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.26%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.52%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-14, 20:31   Link #121
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat kitten View Post
does that hakuro = ice man means he is eruru and aruru's great great great greaaaaaaaaat grandfather? o_o
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-14, 20:43   Link #122
saravis

There was something Iceman said about a "father" when he gave the child the ring does anyone know what he was saying and what it meant?
Old 2006-10-14, 21:47   Link #123
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Don't know what the hell happen, i was going to vote 9 vote good and i accidentally ended voting 2 very bad.

Discount that 1 very bad vote.
Old 2006-10-17, 10:11   Link #124
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_eyes View Post
I think he means that he realized he's an ancestor of Eruru (it all began with Mikoto + Hakuoro).
So Mikoto + Hakurou (iceman) is Eruruu's grand grand grand grand parents to make sure? And Iceman is the same Hakurou within the anime, but Eruruu and Aruruu's dad just looked like Hakurou without the mask?
Old 2006-10-17, 10:34   Link #125
SilverChakra
Nee-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
So Mikoto + Hakurou (iceman) is Eruruu's grand grand grand grand parents to make sure? And Iceman is the same Hakurou within the anime, but Eruruu and Aruruu's dad just looked like Hakurou without the mask?
I didn't really like ep 26. SO much answers were left unanswered in my opinion. I am glad that Hauoro and Eruruu finally managed to epress their feelings to each other (well actually it was more Eruruu that did it than Hakuoro).

I didn't really understand the baby with the ring thing, but thanks! Now I got me an explanation ^__^

Will there be a season 2??
Old 2006-10-17, 10:43   Link #126
Flame-X
Anti-fan

season 2 aint happening, although im hoping a mini series of touka and karura on their adventures XD
Old 2006-10-17, 22:19   Link #127
axeps2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
There was something Iceman said about a "father" when he gave the child the ring does anyone know what he was saying and what it meant?
That thing was passed to iceman by the scientist who he was friendly with(the one that ask him to flee).seems to act like a security unlocker or something .

Anyone who played the game can give any more information the rak shine plot?
Old 2006-10-18, 22:09   Link #128
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
One last thing that Im still confused.

Spoiler for :
Old 2006-10-19, 06:08   Link #129
depthcharge101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
One last thing that Im still confused.

Spoiler for :
well after reading all the posts my answer for that is-
Spoiler:

One big question, why utawarerumono?
Old 2006-11-10, 05:45   Link #130
Yuelon
喜怒哀

Ahh well i found something interesting and it may help in solving most of the question form this website which take abit of reading...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utawarerumono
As mention in the web contains spoiler be warn!!
Should be view who those have fully watched the series or just extra info on the story about

If those who want to know more about iceman read the backstory section
Whether do I not know
Why can't we be togather like Moon & Stars.

Last edited by Yuelon; 2006-11-10 at 05:48. Reason: :p
Old 2006-11-10, 12:23   Link #131
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Why Utawarerumono? It's because of the events that transpired in the game. In my opinion, the layout of the anime didn't quite explain it as effectively. You see,

Spoiler for in the game...:

Ahhh, wikipedia. You can spend a few days there and learn all kinds of stuff. It's actually a very helpful resource, but bear in mind that they're not 100% correct on some things (and their description of Utawarerumono, particularly its Background text, is no exception. Minor errors, but errors nonetheless).
Old 2006-12-02, 01:51   Link #132
Yuelon
喜怒哀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
Ahhh, wikipedia. You can spend a few days there and learn all kinds of stuff. It's actually a very helpful resource, but bear in mind that they're not 100% correct on some things (and their description of Utawarerumono, particularly its Background text, is no exception. Minor errors, but errors nonetheless).
Well if you know more i like you to acknowledge and tell me abit more since form wiki of the backstory (correct title) it true it wasnt 100% as its timeline maybe but I'm that the info on the happening that wasn't mention was some true since I havent played the game yet.
Whether do I not know
Why can't we be togather like Moon & Stars.

Old 2006-12-30, 01:03   Link #133
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

Well, this was just one of the greatest anime ive ever seen!

I have to admit, the reason why i started watchin it in the first place was because a lot of the characters had cute ears and tails ^_^". But after watching the first episode i automatically got hooked and watched it to the very end. And i liked it all (for the most part, but in general, it was awesome!)

Thoughts on final episode:
You wouldnt believe how mad i got when i heard they 'dismantled' poor Mikoto. She was really cute too! (i really liked her ears for some reason, and i felt like i saw them somewhere before...maybe on that little rabbit-like creature that's in Zaris's sig right above this post).

However, i was extremely happy to see that Hakuoro pwned them all by turning them into blobs for shattering his heart, his hopes, and all his dreams. He had finally found happiness and then they go dismantle her. What memories he had that i would definitely not want to happen to me.

It's great to see that Eruruu showed her feelings, and kissed him. I was waiting for that a long while (since like episode 1 when he stroked her tail :P). She took the initiative and wasnt afraid to show her feelings at all. I really liked that, as she was more reserved in the other episodes.

After all this though, i didnt cry, even though i was on the verge of it when Mikoto was dismantled. However, i pretty much broke down when i saw Oboro. At Yuzuha's grave. Really hit me hard there. I really wasnt expecting that at all. Just way too sad. Although im happy she's finally at rest, knowing that all's (mostly) right with the world.

And the very very ending. That made me happy. It's not clear cut, but i love when the story producers can give you such a massive amount of hope, for you to decide the fate. I believe that Hakuoro returned to Eruru. The look on her face pretty much convinced me. Whether or not it was in spirit, body, whatever, i want to believe they were reunited.

Overall comments (WTHeck? Damn long post eh? Cant help it...i really loved this anime):
This story had some of the greatest storytelling and time integration ive ever seen. I bet 99% of us thought this story was in a complete alternate reality in the past or in a feudal era. Finding that it was in the future, in the VERY far future was downright impressive. Greatest thing ive ever seen.

Beautiful battles, overall story, lovely characters, design, development. I really am happy it ended (to me,) to a satisfying ending, but i wish there were more now. I really hope to find another anime as epic and cool as this soon! This is the reason why i like anime. For series like Utawarerumono!
Old 2007-01-02, 08:07   Link #134
Viperus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rall)eon117X View Post
Well, this was just one of the greatest anime ive ever seen!

I have to admit, the reason why i started watchin it in the first place was because a lot of the characters had cute ears and tails ^_^". But after watching the first episode i automatically got hooked and watched it to the very end. And i liked it all (for the most part, but in general, it was awesome!)
I gotta agree with this

This is one of those typical (super rare) anime with seemingly simple story , but with a hidden background. The last few episodes kinda resemble the end of Trigun.

And his evil side , that might be god itself. Although , there's the possibility that the god is neutral and the evil side was created when the monster fused with angel Dii. Here's a theory.

Hakuoro was a scientist , he was killed , and his blod was absorbed by the dead monster/god. That monster doesnt look like a good guy at all. But , obviously , we forgot something very important.....why is the monster "dead"? I presume that somebody sealed it for a very long time , since it looks like that thing can't die no matter what.

My theory is that this evil creature rules the humanity , until somebody seals it for some time. So basicly , thats a neverending circle. Only , this time , Hakuoro's blood is fused with the creature. The creature gains a human body due to Hakuoro's DNA or somthing like that and a "good side" which is Hakuoro.

few centuries pass....

The scientists find Hakuoro (and the monster within him) frozen and they do some experiments with him. He goes on a rampage and transforms all (non geneticly moidified) humans into slime.

I believe that sometime after that he gets "purified" by the laser beam , and he is sealed again. That angel guy goes on a journey from his homeland , finds the monster's dead body and he fuses with it. We dont know how , but probbably the same way Hakuoro did. Let's say he dies somehow.

Since the monster fused with 2 humans (maybe the angel is evil and the difference between good and evil is much greater then before , or the evil part needed another host) , now it can split into 2 parts .

2 parts awaken , they fight , the good side gets wounded , Aruruu dies during the battle. Good side revives Aruruu and signes a contract with Eruruu. Since the good side is wounded from the battle , it transforms into his human form Hakuoro.

Eruruu forgets all this because of the shock of her sister dying. The anime begins from here....
Old 2007-01-30, 06:26   Link #135
Krazy8s

Hey all,

Just got finished watching Utwarerumono in the last couple days. Splendid anime if I do say so myself. I enjoyed it a lot, especially the comedy. Anyway, on to what i think of the last episode...

What the hell happened? I really liked this anime (and still do) but I was soooo let down by the ending. besides being so damn confused (which happens a lot to me so it's okay) I couldn't help but notice the fact that Yuzuha got the shortest end of the spectrum in the last few episodes.

I enjoyed all the scenes she was in and can understand that they didn't really give her a story but, why did they cut her so short at the end? Hell, I don't even remember seeing her at episode 25 or 24 (it's 6am so don't quote me on that). The last time I remember seeing her was when she went "Cough" yup, that's right, "cough"

Cut scene to Grave...

26 was Horrible!
Old 2007-02-01, 04:08   Link #136
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Suffice to say, in an effort to stay true to the sequence of events that happened in the actual game the anime was basing it on, they ran out of time trying to explain everything in a consise manner. It would be nice if they spelled everything out to you, but the game was no better. Plus, Yuzuha received the cut for explicit censorship reasons.

I too agree that Yuzuha had absolutely zero time to speak (in fact, she didn't have any!). But then, she didn't in the game, and converting that to drama on television results even worse. On Yuzuha's part, it was a failure waiting to happen.
Old 2007-03-21, 14:19   Link #137
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-03, 02:54   Link #138
arkxkra
全力全開

just finish watch the utaware....the ending is...
make me sad and touching ....
Old 2007-05-17, 12:54   Link #139
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I got a question, I'll ask it though I doubt anyone would be able to answer it but here goes. There was a link on the wiki where someone had wrote a full analysis of the series. Kind of like a thesis. But of course it contains spoilers and you have to finish the series. I'm about 6 eps away from the end and I wanted to know if anyone else has an idea of where this link is? Aparently, I saw it on Tuesday but then it disappeared. Or I could have searched is somehow and felt I'd find it again. I'm so stooopid. I shouldn't have just felt I could find it again based on simplicity. If anyone has any idea or know what I'm talking about pass your knowledge along.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2007-05-17, 18:39   Link #140
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Well, if it was on the wiki, then simply go to "History" and view the older versions of the page. Perhaps the link is there somewhere.
Closed Thread