AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Sasuke.........
He is still as cool now as he was before. Sasuke for life! 55 16.87%
Give the guy some slack, after all his entire family was murdered 56 17.18%
Never liked him, never hated him 81 24.85%
Yeah, I am beginning to hate him now. 45 13.80%
Sasuke deserves to die! A.S.S for life! 89 27.30%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-06-23, 00:20   Link #1
Scy

Opinion of Sasuke after last Manga Chapter [Manga]

So, what do you guys think of Sasuke? Personally, I find my hated for Sasuke rising after each chapter. Neji is arrogant, but at least he isn't selfish enough to betray the leaf and help their worst enemy. And his attitude, the way he belittles Naruto and the leaf village, makes me want to mutilate him in the worst way possible.
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 00:24   Link #2
Makyz

Send a message via AIM to Makyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy
So, what do you guys think of Sasuke? Personally, I find my hated for Sasuke rising after each chapter. Neji is arrogant, but at least he isn't selfish enough to betray the leaf and help their worst enemy. And his attitude, the way he belittles Naruto and the leaf village, makes me want to mutilate him in the worst way possible.
the manga discussion is up on top

and just for your info, some uptight asshats are going to come swooping down on you in a sec

p.s. sasuke has got to go!
Makyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 00:27   Link #3
Scy

Well, I don't mind being flamed, as long as I can hear why they still support Sasuke.
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 00:27   Link #4
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
well if sasuke is making u want to do that more and more then i think kishimoto is doing his job perfectly , it really looks like there gearing sasuke to be 1 of the next big bad guyz for naruto. he is sumhow going to take over orochiamaru's spot it looks like , or if anything he is going to go to the "dark side" and naruto is going to be the hero and bring him back sumhow. either way it looks like ther might be a time skip comming up huh? i am kinda for a time skip but at the same time kinda against it , depends on how its done
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 01:05   Link #5
Anthriel
天使

People hate Sasuke for leaving the village peacefully, whereas they love Itachi for slaughtering his clan.
They hate Sasuke for not wanting to acknowledge Naruto as his equal or superior, whereas they love Naruto boasting about his "l33t Ninja Skillz" whenever possible. (far more then Sasuke, by the way)
Sounds logical to me ...

There are both way more arrogant and way more evil people in the series, however, people hate Sasuke for this reasons, while liking the other ones. Everyone who says something like "I don't like arrogant characters, therefore I don't like Sasuke ... by the way, I absolutly love Naruto!" is ridiculos.

Last edited by Anthriel; 2004-06-23 at 01:23.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 01:59   Link #6
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Quote:
People hate Sasuke for leaving the village peacefully, whereas they love Itachi for slaughtering his clan.
People hate Sasuke because they know whay he left: to give himeself to a man who will use him to attain immediate negative consequences against Konoha afterwards (remember he is also willing to give his body to Orochimaru). Itachi on the otherhand may have had a loud exit (slaughtering the Uchiha) but he still has some mystery as to why he did it. He also seems to have left Konoha to go about its own business afterwards, not help bring forth its demise.

Quote:
They hate Sasuke for not wanting to acknowledge Naruto as his equal or superior, whereas they love Naruto boasting about his "l33t Ninja Skillz" whenever possible. (far more then Sasuke, by the way)
Yes, Naruto is boastful, but at least he doesn't belittle others. We have yet to here Sasuke say something meaningful, or at least more thoughtful than "I am an avenger, I have to be strong and kill my brother, so you are below me as far as I am concerned." Also Naruto reacts to his inferiority by traing harder, not selling his body.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 02:01   Link #7
Yogi

Sasuke was OK all the way until he decided to leave the village and willingly become Orochimaru's slave. At that point, he has already exhausted all of his good karma.

And for the record, I don't like Itachi either, and also don't like the loudmouth aspect of Naruto's character.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 09:32   Link #8
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Roberto
People hate Sasuke because they know whay he left: to give himeself to a man who will use him to attain immediate negative consequences against Konoha afterwards (remember he is also willing to give his body to Orochimaru). Itachi on the otherhand may have had a loud exit (slaughtering the Uchiha) but he still has some mystery as to why he did it. He also seems to have left Konoha to go about its own business afterwards, not help bring forth its demise.
Sasuke doesn't even know Orochimaru wants his body, nobody told him. Even though he agreed to become Orochimarus slave ... as far as we know. After all, he seeks Oro only for power, not because of sympathy (love?) like Kimi. That is why he could intend to betray Oro. Actually, that is quite likely, as he is a main character after all and won't become a body for a character less important than him. In any case, that is more likely than Itachi killing his clan for a just reason.
By the way, Sasuke doesn't intend to destroy Konoha, even though he probably would, if it were necessary, but in that point, he is not different from Itachi, who doesn't intend to destroy Konoha either, but wouldn't mind.
Itachi didn't hold back, after all, he told Kisama to kill the Jounins, but as of now, we don't know if Sasuke would. At least, till now, he didn't attack a Leafnin, but was attacked by one.

Quote:
Yes, Naruto is boastful, but at least he doesn't belittle others. We have yet to here Sasuke say something meaningful, or at least more thoughtful than "I am an avenger, I have to be strong and kill my brother, so you are below me as far as I am concerned." Also Naruto reacts to his inferiority by traing harder, not selling his body.
Sasuke acknowledged his inferiority quite a few times ... Itachi, Zabuza, Rock Lee, Orochimaru, Gaara.
It is true he didn't acknowledge Naruto to be at least equal to him, but that was just one occasion. Besides, many characters had similar moments. Naruto tells just about any person something like "I will beat you!" (that does belittle others, as it implies them being inferior to him), even if they are definatly superior to him. And don't tell me "I will beat you to a pulp!" is meaningful.
Besides, we don't know just how much characters train in Naruto, except from Rock Lee. Sasuke doesn't have any hobbies, or people he would spend lots of time with, so he will most likely train a lot of time as well. It's just that he doesn't have as much chakra as Naruto, so he simply cannot train as long.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 10:33   Link #9
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
"OH! SASUKE-KUN!!!!"

psssh! yeah right! I used to think that he was cool for the first 5 episodes but after that I felt like he thought the show was called "Sasuke" instead of "Naruto". I didn't like his "Oh-I-don't-care-because-I'm-cooler-than-you" attitude. And when he would get most the credit when it was actually Naruto who did most the work. What a prick. Now his attitude is just cocky and bitchy. -but I guess that's what makes him so cool!! LOL

I want to hate him but I can't hate him. His character is soo cocky and bitchy, it just makes the anime better. So I support sasuke's actions. GOOO SASUKE!!!!
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 10:52   Link #10
Joshk

Sasuke is alright I mean give the guy a bone. His family was killed and he doesnt even knows why. His brother is a maniac and his two best friends are nut jobs. Though he is a sell out to the "dark-side" thats the only thing I can see wrong wit em. Naruto on the other hand is boastfull somewhat like Vegeta in DBZ and trains really hard to become the greatest. Though in Naruto there is no Goku so this is like DBZ but with Vegeta the main character lol.
Joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 11:11   Link #11
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshk
Sasuke is alright I mean give the guy a bone. His family was killed and he doesnt even knows why. His brother is a maniac and his two best friends are nut jobs. Though he is a sell out to the "dark-side" thats the only thing I can see wrong wit em. Naruto on the other hand is boastfull somewhat like Vegeta in DBZ and trains really hard to become the greatest. Though in Naruto there is no Goku so this is like DBZ but with Vegeta the main character lol.
I don't think naruto is like Vegeta at all. Vegeta is always sooo serious. Naruto on the other hand has a sense of humor and is not power crazy like Vegeta. I think if anyone is like Vegeta, it's sasuke. I mean Sasuke's expression when Naruto was beating Gaara was like Vegeta's when he found out goku can become a super saiyan. AHAHAHA... but then again, sasuke and vegeta has 2 totally different attitudes.
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 11:48   Link #12
KingofWac

LOL at the Naruto is like Vegeta...more like Sasuke is an exact clone of vegeta. At the beginning he was a total badass, but all he can do now is act hard then get his ass beat. Just like vegeta he enters the scene acting like he's really hard (i.e. when he tries to attack Itachi with Chidori) and then gets owned...freakin priceless lol. Even now he is jealous of Naruto(Goku) getting stronger and is trying to reach him even though he's also trying to gain power to beat Itachi. It's not exactly the same relationship as Goku and Vegeta but pretty freakin close. I mean the 2 of them are friends and enemies at the same time.
KingofWac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 11:57   Link #13
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Quote:
Sasuke doesn't even know Orochimaru wants his body, nobody told him.
Naruto told him, he knows, and he's fine with it. He may not have known when he left, but he knows now, and doesn't care. That's just as bad.

Quote:
Even though he agreed to become Orochimarus slave ... as far as we know. After all, he seeks Oro only for power, not because of sympathy (love?) like Kimi. That is why he could intend to betray Oro. Actually, that is quite likely, as he is a main character after all and won't become a body for a character less important than him. In any case, that is more likely than Itachi killing his clan for a just reason.
What about the Curse Seal? From the looks of things Sasuke's training will center around the Curse Seal, and we know that use of the Curse Seal turns a person in Orochimau's slave and makes rebellion a low probability. I highly doubt Oro hasn't done this before and isn't taking precautions.

Quote:
By the way, Sasuke doesn't intend to destroy Konoha, even though he probably would, if it were necessary, but in that point, he is not different from Itachi, who doesn't intend to destroy Konoha either, but wouldn't mind. Itachi didn't hold back, after all, he told Kisama to kill the Jounins, but as of now, we don't know if Sasuke would. At least, till now, he didn't attack a Leafnin, but was attacked by one.
Itachi didn't hold back? As far as we know he is on Sannin level, and I doubt that Jiraiya or Orochimaru would have trouble with a few Jounin. And how does facilitating the death of a few Jounins or one clan equal facilitating the complete destruction of Konoha.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 11:59   Link #14
Skorpa

I just hate that guy, he was kinda cool in the beginning, later on he ended up like the asshole he is :P
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:10   Link #15
Shinobi_Mitsuki
apprentice ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpa
I just hate that guy, he was kinda cool in the beginning, later on he ended up like the asshole he is :P
Yeap short n sweet.... Though i dun exactly hate him, i do find him increasingly annoying. What wif the "R u ok, scaredy cat?" and "Is this really naruto?" (i noe others said stuff like this to naruto too but at least they respected him afterwards). Oh my favourite was when he sniggered after seeing the impact of Naruto's rasengan on d front of the water tank bein just a small hole (His ego was just overwhelming), then freaking out big time when he saw the actual impact done on the back of that tank.

Whatever it is I hope Neji n Choji manage to survive their futile save-sasuke-from-evil mission.

Last edited by Shinobi_Mitsuki; 2004-06-26 at 01:09.
Shinobi_Mitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:11   Link #16
Mcdougal

I support sasuke 100%. By far the most intresting character in the anime in my opinion.
And besides, i don't really think his actions are that wrong. I mean really. The only way for him to get strong enough at this point to beat Itachi is to join Orochimaru.
I sympathise with the kid. He sees his family get slaughtered befor his eyes by the person he admires the most, of course he is going to do anythhin in his power to kill Itachi. Betraying the leaf is a small price to pay. It's not like there's anything (besides team 7 that is) to keep him there, now is there?

And lets not forget that it's not Sasukes fault Neji and chouji got killed (if they did, indeed, get killed) He told them not to follow,but they did anyway. Their own fault. IMO of course
Mcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:16   Link #17
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
my favorite part of that water tower thing was when he seen the back of naruto's water tower , cuz his ego was all up then it just went crashing to the ground , the look on his face, i cant wait to see it animated. but i still like sasuke, i think he is important to the story line and it looks like he will be important to 1 of the next arcs. remember all the naruto fans , he was the reason the 1st time that naruto went kyuubi. see , u do need him. he will now become the driving force for naruto to be even more powerful, like he was before but in a different way
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:32   Link #18
Last of the Uchiha

Most people think that Sasuke is a character that has been done to death and that he has an attitude problem. The same thing can be said about Naruto, a charater that have the same charasteristic and future as any Shonen Jump hero. A loser who rise up to be the champion and wins every battle because of his nindo to protect something precious to you. That's something that makes me puke everytime that i hear that but i make an exception for Naruto. I like what he stand for and what he do to protect his friends from enemies and from themselve, although it has already been done. There are a lot of characters that are more arrogant, selfish than Sasuke for example Gaara, Neji, Naruto, Lee and a few other, but its Sasuke who always recieve all the shit. Most of the reason why people said they hate Sasuke is because he is a fag, queer, bitch, wimp, coward, crybaby and a whole list of stupid stuff that they invent just to trash the Uchiha name and the sad part is that they believe their own shit. I just want to say something before someone talks more shit or give the shittiest excuses of why they hate Sasuke and that is to look at the names that i have mentioned above to realise that all the bad shit they have talked about Sasuke, those characters have the same/worse characteristics and even worse/same personalities than the last of the Uchihas. (Sasuke, just in case someone is confuse)

A real hero would be a character like guts from berserk, this is a person that is driven by revenge and kills anything in his path, but also show compasion to those who deserve it. I know he is more like a anti-hero but its a character than haven't been done to death and is always welcome to see once in a while.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:37   Link #19
from_the_sand
gomu gomu

Send a message via AIM to from_the_sand
i have not heard anyone say one characteristic of sasuke the like.

One of the reasons iim a big naruto fan and a big sasuke hater is cause naruto like appreciates that if he wants to get stronger he needs to work for it. sasuke decides just to take a short cut to orochimaru, and even did before he left by activating the curse seal when he knew he shouldn't.

Also another problem with sasuke is his ego. He is stronger than naruto, and than when naruto catches up and gets stronger, he just becomes a whiny bitch.

And for the record Sasuke did not see his family killed. he saw them already dead, and he merely saw an illusion casted by itachi of itachi killing everyone. I think its been made fairly obvious now that itchi didn't kill his whole clan just cause he wanted to test him self.

any way sasuke sucks!
from_the_sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 13:42   Link #20
monir
cho~ kakkoii

For some unknown reason this thread seems to do the heart jolly good. Wonder why? Bless you, oh sweet SCY!

I have collected few posts from a very famous thread where Sasuke-kun was the center of attention to their ingenious creativity. Be advised! If you are not atleast 16, please do not click these following links.

Lookie Here 1
Lookie Here 2 & Lookie Here 2A
Lookie Here 3 It's the second spoiler

Yes, it's beyond me why Sasuke-kun is so darn hatable. I also wonder why Hunter-san and Dranz-san haven't sniffed out this thread. Must be because it is summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikkusu
he (Sasuke-kun) is sumhow going to take over orochiamaru's spot it looks like
That is impossible. There is no one in the Naruto Universe that can match Oro-sama's sense of fashion or emulate his multi-purpose tongue. Not to mention he is the only one that can do this following special jutsu. Take a glance! I implore you!

Oro-sama's alter ego It's the second spoiler

P.S. On a personal note, I would like to add that I have voted for the third choice.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote