AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-03, 20:27   Link #261
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return Clare View Post
What do you mean Claymore! I don't have anything to back it up? Now you're starting to insult me. Most people miss Clare that's a fact. If people take the bait so easy and switch allegiances to any new chara Yagi throws out there to fill in then they are not serious fans.
I do miss Clare, but that doesn't mean that Claymore is "shit" now. Although Claymore is not the same it is still Claymore, even without Clare it still has a good plot and storyline. And just because there are new characters introduced it doesn't mean you have to hate them.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-03, 20:31   Link #262
Nixl

Quote:
If people take the bait so easy and switch allegiances to any new chara Yagi throws out there to fill in then they are not serious fans.
Uh oh, I am a bigger fan of Miata, Clarice, and Galatea shenanigans than Claire. Should have seen the signs all along.

How long do I have to live before I become an active troll?

edit: It was all because of Jean's wedge.
Old 2011-10-03, 20:31   Link #263
Return Clare
Teresa within me

Why do I have to respect Yagi for ruining the manga he created? It used to be good but now he's off the track and filling it in with all kinds of shit just to drag it out. He's insulting me by doing that so hell yea I'll insult him for it. That doesn't mean I insult anyone here.
Old 2011-10-03, 20:38   Link #264
Return Clare
Teresa within me

@Teresa4ever That's nice coming from a Teresa fan after I just said Clare should kick ass with Teresa's help. Yagi did great with Teresa but now he's ruining it by taking the attention away from Clare and her connection with Teresa.

@Claymore! So you admit it's not as good but you're afraid to use strong words like I do. Look maybe I wouldn't hate the newcomers if they didn't crowd the stage like this but if they're replacing Clare then hell yea I will hate them with a passion.
Old 2011-10-03, 20:39   Link #265
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Why do I have to respect Yagi for ruining the manga he created? It used to be good but now he's off the track and filling it in with all kinds of shit just to drag it out. He's insulting me by doing that so hell yea I'll insult him for it. That doesn't mean I insult anyone here.
All good writers stall before they get to the main event, or else it would be straight to the point and they story would be worthless

However, the events that are occuring now are not to "stall", this is one of the themes of the story. Revenge on the Organization. This theme has been around for almost 60 chapters if not more.

And just Because Yagi isn't doing exactly what you want doesn't mean he is a bad writer.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-03, 20:43   Link #266
MalakTawus

Some people seem to forget that there is a very high chance that Claire's complete awakening will be quite different from a "normal" awakening.
She IS NOT like the other warriors so Yagi could basically do anything with her: for example he could do so that she can return from the awakening....and for people complaining that she would be too powerful, Yagi could easilyavoid that simply stating that Claire has absolutely no intention to repeat the awakening.
This way the story will have an uber powerful protagonist that refuses to use her full power cause its too dangerous, and this would mean that Claire could have worthy opponents without them being at Prissy-level (that would ruin the story imo).
This is simply one of the many solutions that Yagi could use to resolve those problems in a perfectly logical way.
Old 2011-10-03, 20:44   Link #267
Return Clare
Teresa within me

Yea right Claymore!, revenge on the organization without Clare taking part because she's indefinitely in a fucking ball is exactly what I've been looking for all this time.
Old 2011-10-03, 20:47   Link #268
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Some people seem to forget that there is a very high chance that Claire's complete awakening will be quite different from a "normal" awakening.
She IS NOT like the other warriors so Yagi could basically do anything with her: for example he could do so that she can return from the awakening....and for people complaining that she would be too powerful, Yagi could easilyavoid that simply stating that Claire has absolutely no intention to repeat the awakening.
This way the story will have an uber powerful protagonist that refuses to use her full power cause its too dangerous, and this would mean that Claire could have worthy opponents without them being at Prissy-level (that would ruin the story imo).
This is simply one of the many solutions that Yagi could use to resolve those problems in a perfectly logical way.
Ahahahaha

Yagi should let clare and pris like that forever until they die like rafela said to clare ( she said that eventually both sisters would die)

Miria and her little group wins agains the org.

Everybody happy, everybody alive. Story ends
Old 2011-10-03, 20:48   Link #269
Return Clare
Teresa within me

Exactly MalakTawus Clare could awaken no problem in terms of keeping the story going. Even if she died even though that would suck it would at least mean something but getting crowded out by a bunch of newcomers is a shitty direction for Yagi to take.
Old 2011-10-03, 20:50   Link #270
claremore

Quote:
@Teresa4ever That's nice coming from a Teresa fan after I just said Clare should kick ass with Teresa's help. Yagi did great with Teresa but now he's ruining it by taking the attention away from Clare and her connection with Teresa.

@Claymore! So you admit it's not as good but you're afraid to use strong words like I do. Look maybe I wouldn't hate the newcomers if they didn't crowd the stage like this but if they're replacing Clare then hell yea I will hate them with a passion.
its not claremore anymore its miriamore lol
but yeah i miss clare and its only worth reading now because i want to see how she will come back, if she does. if we knew for certain she was not coming back, i may just stop reading this series.
well maybe not, i like claymore too much, but i would be way disappointed
Old 2011-10-03, 20:50   Link #271
Demon6666

Quote:
Yea right Claymore!, revenge on the organization without Clare taking part because she's indefinitely in a fucking ball is exactly what I've been looking for all this time.
Don't worry man, Clare will probably make a return to the plot like Goku in DBZ did when he was away from the plot training with king Kai (i think that was his name)

Clare will come back better than ever and we will all regret having such little faith in yagi
Old 2011-10-03, 20:52   Link #272
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
Don't worry man, Clare will probably make a return to the plot like Goku in DBZ did when he was away from the plot training with king Kai (i think that was his name)

Clare will come back better than ever and we will all regret having such little faith in yagi
And then they can use the dragon balls to fix Galatea's eyes so she can be cool and snarky again and finally escape nun purgatory.
Old 2011-10-03, 20:53   Link #273
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Ahahahaha

Yagi should let clare and pris like that forever until they die like rafela said to clare ( she said that eventually both sisters would die)

Miria and her little group wins agains the org.

Everybody happy, everybody alive. Story ends
Hahahahaha!

NOT everybody happy! Definitely not!
Old 2011-10-03, 20:57   Link #274
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
And then they can use the dragon balls to fix Galatea's eyes so she can be cool and snarky again and finally escape nun purgatory.
Why stop there? they could use the dragonballs to wish back everyone who was ever killed because of Yoma or ABs, that includes Teresa.

And yes King Kai is his name .

Quote:
NOT everybody happy! Definitely not!
Yeah, what about Raki and all of Clare's friends?

Quote:
That is so true

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-03, 20:58   Link #275
Nixl

Yes, but Tabitha is probably going to die and what would be the point of wishing Tabitha back? I mean, I guess she could die afterwards and have the wish exclude her.

Timing is everything with this wish.
Old 2011-10-03, 21:16   Link #276
MalakTawus

Quote:
Exactly MalakTawus Clare could awaken no problem in terms of keeping the story going. Even if she died even though that would suck it would at least mean something but getting crowded out by a bunch of newcomers is a shitty direction for Yagi to take.
No it's not shitty at all.
Listen,all the veterans on this board know how much i'd like the story to go back on Claire and Prissy situation, and i also admit that IMO Claymore is not as good as when Claire is around, BUT i also understand why Yagi chose this narrative direction.
To be quite honest it's not that he had a lot of choices,it makes perfect sense to keep Claire out of this arc for several reasons, i'll just say one (the more evident imo): do you really think that this whole arc would have been this interestting if Yagi showed us first (or at the same time) Claire-Prissy situation?
If Yagi plans to have a fight between Claire and Prissy, this means that he would have to show us a fight at an unbelivable crazy high level....and you know what this means, right? That all his new ideas and new characters introduced to the story would have a VERY DUMBED DOWN impact on the readers, and obviously this IS NOT good for the manga,lol.
The truth is that Prisy is on a completely different level from everyone else, and Claire almost surely will be in the same situation;this means that the 2 monsters will destroy the story if they act now so i'm quite sure that they won't appear till the end of this arc OR maybe they'll appear exactly to end this arc.
Old 2011-10-03, 21:16   Link #277
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

........What the hell has happened to this thread in the last 5 pages or so? 0_o

All those posts, I figured the english scan came out and instead it's...
Old 2011-10-03, 21:20   Link #278
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
........What the hell has happened to this thread in the last 5 pages or so? 0_o

All those posts, I figured the english scan came out and instead it's...
Yeah, unfortunately the chapter is not out yet
the wait is annoying, i just hope the chapter doesn't come out while i'm sleeping

And MalakTawus, Great post, I would rep you but i have already done that lately

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-03, 21:30   Link #279
MalakTawus

Spoiler for Totally offtopic,lol:
Old 2011-10-03, 21:40   Link #280
Ulquihorror

it'll be interesting if cassandra's awakened form resembled a cat in honor of her friend, the Cynthia look-a-like, bu then again, it would be very reminiscent of Luciella and Beth
Closed Thread