AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-08-30, 16:42   Link #9161
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
The reason why we never saw Perfect Strike after the Battle of Orb was plot. They weren't going to have Mwu lose using Perfect Strike at Mendel. Then with Strike vs Providence, Strike needed a shield to protect the Archangel( though this could have easily been solved by simply having an Astray shield just randomly float by and having Mwu grab it).

The new pack has a higher chance of going into battle when Kira goes to protect Lacus( and eventually picks up SF). He still has a shield to protect the Eternal and get the arms blown off.
I'm aware that plot meant it could never be used again. I was talking about the first half of the show, with how they kept advertising it and never using it. That's what caused everyone to think and say that the Perfect Strike would never get used in the show proper.

Then it went and appeared on us. So we should keep an open mind about the proper use of the Ootori Strike Rouge, because we've been mistaken about it before.
Old 2013-08-30, 16:46   Link #9162
CBredbeard
Banned

What is Perfect Strike?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 16:49   Link #9163
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Strike loaded up with the Aile, Sword, and Launcher packs + a string of batteries (taken from the Launcher's Agni cannon) built into a single Striker Pack. Mu used it during the Battle of ORB in the SEED Remaster.

Images
GAT-X105+AQM/E-YM1 Perfect Strike
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-08-30, 17:09   Link #9164
CBredbeard
Banned

Wow. That's something. Was it copy-pasted over existing animation or did they actually have him do something with all that equipment?
Old 2013-08-30, 17:25   Link #9165
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Wow. That's something. Was it copy-pasted over existing animation or did they actually have him do something with all that equipment?
Little from column A, little from column B.

In the original episode 38, for example, Mu's first depicted kill was coring a single Strike Dagger from above with the beam rifle, and landing. In Remaster episode 36, it was him dragging the Agni cannon shot through three Strike Daggers from above and landing in the same manner.

Then in episode 38, when he engaged the Calamity it was a shot of the Aile Strike charging with its saber, cutting to a scene of a trail of explosions in the docks. Remaster 36 changed this entirely, showing him assaulting the Calamity with the Schwert Gewehr and forcing the Calamity to defend against it.
Old 2013-08-30, 17:49   Link #9166
Aquaman OS

Perfect Strike scenes were pretty much all redone.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 19:25   Link #9167
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm aware that plot meant it could never be used again. I was talking about the first half of the show, with how they kept advertising it and never using it. That's what caused everyone to think and say that the Perfect Strike would never get used in the show proper.

Then it went and appeared on us. So we should keep an open mind about the proper use of the Ootori Strike Rouge, because we've been mistaken about it before.
It's still BS that it wasn't used for Strike vs Providence. Mendel made sense not to use it.

But the no shield situation could have easily been solved with Perfect Strike. Just have a shield floating by, SOLVED. Argue that the mini-shield/grappler would have gotten in the way of holding an Astray/Dagger's shield? Could have had Rau blow it off making it able to hold a normal shield. It's so freaking easy to fix that plot situation.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 19:28   Link #9168
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They likely just didn't want the Providence damaged before it engaged the Freedom. With the Agni, the Perfect Strike probably could've taken out a couple of DRAGOON pods, or the Perfect Strike could've scuffed up the Providence's shield with its anti-ship sword.

I agree that it's annoying, but a number of things could've been done better in SEED.
Old 2013-08-30, 19:34   Link #9169
Aquaman OS

Yeah the problem was Perfect Strike wasn't going to be utterly wrecked in under a minute like Aile would against Providence. And that would mess the timing up.
Old 2013-09-01, 18:52   Link #9170
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Spoiler:

Well I certainly have no regrets toward writing that fanfic.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 02:30   Link #9171
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
The reason why we never saw Perfect Strike after the Battle of Orb was plot. They weren't going to have Mwu lose using Perfect Strike at Mendel. Then with Strike vs Providence, Strike needed a shield to protect the Archangel( though this could have easily been solved by simply having an Astray shield just randomly float by and having Mwu grab it).

The new pack has a higher chance of going into battle when Kira goes to protect Lacus( and eventually picks up SF). He still has a shield to protect the Eternal and get the arms blown off.
Honestly, it was nice of them to even throw it in, then again, we didn't see it because of that, we saw it because MODEL KITS SALES.

And yeah, after that it wouldn't fit in to be honest, the Perfect Strike was a tad bit too overpowered for both Mendel and it would mess up the final battle Mwu had against the Providence.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 03:00   Link #9172
monster

We could see the new pack for the Strike Rouge in some action at Berlin. It shouldn't take much too add a little bit of action for Cagalli while still having her protect some civilians.

Oh, and didn't she made some kind of an attack in the Crete battle?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 03:31   Link #9173
The American Average
2LMES

wouldn't it be cool if they made Cagalli be the one to take down Sting and the Chaos? i think that'd be cool for both Sting and Cagalli, one cagalli does something "slightly important", and Sting gets the "lost to nameless grunts" off his record. i could see some cool animation coming off for the fight and doesn't really need voice work either.
Old 2013-09-03, 03:44   Link #9174
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
and Sting gets the "lost to nameless grunts" off his record
It's a distinguishing mark. Why would you take it away from him?
Old 2013-09-03, 15:01   Link #9175
Admiral Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
wouldn't it be cool if they made Cagalli be the one to take down Sting and the Chaos? i think that'd be cool for both Sting and Cagalli, one cagalli does something "slightly important", and Sting gets the "lost to nameless grunts" off his record. i could see some cool animation coming off for the fight and doesn't really need voice work either.
Unfortunately if you're trying to redeem Cagallli, it is only a small drop. You'd have to do so many changes that you'd need the budget for a new series.
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 17:54   Link #9176
The American Average
2LMES

no i'm not trying to redeem cagalli, like you said they'd need to remake destiny from the start. i just like to see some new robot animation already, all we've had is pasted on nipples and panties. i'm hoping for new Destiny and Akatsuki animation will it happen, probably not. well at least the new music endings/oprnings are pretty cool.
Old 2013-09-03, 18:07   Link #9177
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I myself find it unlikely that it'll be in Berlin that the Strike Rouge Ootori will shine, due to how little a role Cagalli played there--she was only in one combat-related scene, if I remember correctly, and it was just blocking enemy fire with her shield in defense of the civilians beneath and behind her.

Just seems far more likely that Kira will put it to use in space, rather than anywhere terrestrial.
Old 2013-09-03, 18:24   Link #9178
Aquaman OS

It is the still the most likely place to allow it to actually do stuff. They can edit the chaos battling with Murasame stock footage into Cagalli fighting and defeating it.

If you think about it Kira only fires a few beam rifle shots before getting disabled saving the Eternal and, so either way they'd have to drastically alter something in order to give the thing longer than 5 seconds of actual combat time.

It's either that or they can have her actually firing at Shinn (instead of just blindly rushing at him telling him to stop) in 28.
Old 2013-09-04, 02:14   Link #9179
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
It is the still the most likely place to allow it to actually do stuff. They can edit the chaos battling with Murasame stock footage into Cagalli fighting and defeating it.

If you think about it Kira only fires a few beam rifle shots before getting disabled saving the Eternal and, so either way they'd have to drastically alter something in order to give the thing longer than 5 seconds of actual combat time.

It's either that or they can have her actually firing at Shinn (instead of just blindly rushing at him telling him to stop) in 28.
Honestly, the Orbital Strike launch/Kira trying to protect the Eternal is th perfect moment for them to show off the pack (slightly), it's short and it'll be used by Kira - Sales boosts will rise with 200%!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 04:20   Link #9180
The American Average
2LMES

why not both scenes have it? its not like these scenes will be any longer than 30 seconds

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep