Notices

Old 2013-12-02, 16:11   Link #181
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 18:26   Link #182
GDB

She isn't a vampire. Otherwise, that knife would've made her turn to ash instantly.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 02:54   Link #183
EroKing

and it ends.

Images
Laughed a bit too hard at this
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-12-10, 08:19   Link #184
Hamster

This would have worked better if they did it like the manga. At least the manga had funny and romantic parts.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 11:17   Link #185
ookamigirl

The torture has finally come to an end.
It's a shame such cute guys were wasted on such bad story.
This could've been a full length anime if they did the story differently.
I sort of expected that Yui would become a vampire, like she did.
The ending itself kinda reminded me of a visual novel.
It was done in that style... like a confession of each character.
Such a shame it didn't live up to expectation.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 23:05   Link #186
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Vampire jerks and Yui the human pin cushion just feel so sad about her being treated like that and creepy so many dudes going after 1 girl

easily forgetable maybe it would of been better as 5mins
Old 2014-01-28, 03:09   Link #187
Filia Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
It was only a matter of time

Subaru and Shuu are okay, But the others...
LOL I was thinking the same thing! but still...ALL the "boys" are so hopelessly "twisted" beyond salvation.
Old 2014-01-28, 03:41   Link #188
Filia Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
You did better than me on this. I didn't even last the episode after listening to 'Bitch-chan' for the umpteenth time
LOL Ikr?
Old 2014-11-17, 23:29   Link #189
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Is it bad that I like this series? An OVA based on the second game Diabolik Lovers MORE BLOOD is coming out on February.

Im also gonna buy the PSP games first then the VITA games. Im also gonna buy the DVD and Blu-Ray from Sentai Filmworks when they are released
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 10:31   Link #190
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikou View Post
Is it bad that I like this series? An OVA based on the second game Diabolik Lovers MORE BLOOD is coming out on February.

Im also gonna buy the PSP games first then the VITA games. Im also gonna buy the DVD and Blu-Ray from Sentai Filmworks when they are released
Nope, nothing wrong with that. I also liked it, although as can be guessed the anime left out a lot of information. I think some people's biggest misconceptions about the games is that these games are not about love, but lust. There's a passage towards the beginning of the first game that straight up tells you that. Yui doesn't meet a bunch of jerk guys, fall in love them and hopes to change them for the better. No, this is a story about a girl who gets thrust, more like thrown under the bus really, into a horrible situation and the unfortunate decisions she has to make to survive, and how it all warps her personality.
Old 2015-08-15, 19:14   Link #191
BPD Renegade

I wasn't able to finish this show when it was first being simulcasted. Only made it through around two episodes, but after seeing there was a second season coming out, I gave it another shot and finished it. I guess it was one of those instances where your brain is asking you why exactly you're doing this to yourself, but your body won't stop. Or maybe it's one of those instances where something is so bad, you keep watching it to see how much worse it can get.

That isn't to say Diabolik was horrible. In the end, as polarizing as this show is, I don't think it's as bad as some people are making it out to be. Is it well-written and well-executed? Not really. But it's no worse than something like UtaPri (whose first season I watched after for comparison).

I think it's more a matter of perspective. The premise did have promise. And by premise, I'm not talking about a romantic, gushy love story where the girl is treated like a princess and gets her happily-ever-after. I'm talking about what it means to really be in a 'relationship' with a vampire. This series is dark. The MC is there to pretty much be a sex slave and meal for a family of vampires. These vampires are not the wishy-washy sympathetic creatures we've been getting as of late, but actual vampires. They're seductive, dangerous, and don't give two shits about humans, except as a means to sate their appetites. Like Cloudedmind said, this isn't about love. It's about lust, and what we're seeing is what it means to have lust without love.

After finishing the season, I went and dug around for the source material, and it turns out that this show probably would have been a lot better if it had actually delved deeper into the source. What we ended up with was a pretty superficial product. Occasionally, we were presented with a scene that hinted toward something deeper, but these very brief moments were never touched upon later. As a result, none of the vampires are the least bit sympathetic or worthy of our concern. Instead, the anime was full of gag-worthy moments, no doubt moments that were supposed to rile up the hearts of young ladies everywhere. The very last scenes in particular, where the boys speak to the viewer, only made me feel embarrassed for watching them. In fact, it was so awkward I kept glancing behind me.

All in all, I think it's fine for people to like something like this, but they also need to keep in mind that it's because this is fiction. It becomes a problem otherwise, and it honestly bothers me that some people genuinely condone these types of abusive relationships and regard the things that happen as evidence of love. I'm all for the 'people are free to do what they want with their lives,' mentality, but what we don't need is for people, not just girls, but the people in the dominant role of relationships, to see things like Diabolik and believe that the behaviors they see are not only acceptable but desired. Gods know that Twilight was already damaging enough. Otherwise, a person's fetishes are his/her own, so have at it.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote