AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 03:56   Link #1
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Justice League (2017)

In spite of the Fiasco that was "Green Lantern", DC is now hurriedly trying to pull its long-long-LONG scrapped "Justice League" Project out of Development Hell to Compete with "The Avengers", and so it is rumored they are going to try to do it in the next 2 years.

Problem:

1) Both Chris Nolan and Christian Bale have washed their hands with Batman.
2) The Superman Reboot is not even RELEASED, much less successful.
3) Green Lantern's reputation is SO tarnished that a reboot for the sole-purpose of setting up "Justice League" SO SOON would just be rubbing salt in the wounds.
4) Wonder Woman and The Flash are NOT EVEN SCRIPTED YET, much less in production.

Two reboots, one gamble and two not even made films.

Can anybody spell the word "Fiasco"?

I think it's spelt "D-C."
Old 2012-06-07, 04:23   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Really, it’s Warner’s own fault for scrapping Justice League long ago. Ironically IIRC the concept was brought to them by none other than Joss Whedon long ago. They don’t know what they’re missing or rather they’re afraid of taking a risk or maybe they’re too busy with Harry Potter? I don’t know.

Still, pulling JL in just 2 years is pretty much a suicide (box-officially) coz there’s no foundation for this JL movie. Nolan’s Batman is finished; Green Lantern tanked; the planned Wonder Woman and Flash not even written yet; and Aquaman is out of the question (He’s too silly). The only hope for this thing to happen is if Man of Steel is a success. Even with that, Warner’s gonna need a lot of luck to make JL movie successful in just next two years.
Old 2012-06-07, 04:30   Link #3
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

What does IIRC mean? I keep seeing that abbreviation pop up everywhere?
Old 2012-06-07, 04:37   Link #4
hyl
reading #hikaributts

If i remember correctly
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 04:39   Link #5
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Really, it’s Warner’s own fault for scrapping Justice League long ago. Ironically IIRC the concept was brought to them by none other than Joss Whedon long ago. They don’t know what they’re missing or rather they’re afraid of taking a risk or maybe they’re too busy with Harry Potter? I don’t know.

Still, pulling JL in just 2 years is pretty much a suicide (box-officially) coz there’s no foundation for this JL movie. Nolan’s Batman is finished; Green Lantern tanked; the planned Wonder Woman and Flash not even written yet; and Aquaman is out of the question (He’s too silly). The only hope for this thing to happen is if Man of Steel is a success. Even with that, Warner’s gonna need a lot of luck to make JL movie successful in just next two years.
DC needs ONE good movie. One that sets the foundation for the whole of the DC universe. Green Lantern was meant to be that movie, but they failed.

Avengers was only possible because of Ironman 1. DC needs their equivalent.
Old 2012-06-07, 04:52   Link #6
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Maybe Man of Steel will be their equivalent to Ironman if they play their cards right.

/dad-joke.
Old 2012-06-07, 07:33   Link #7
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
and Aquaman is out of the question (He’s too silly
Depends on the rendition. If they went with Alex Ross's version from Justice, he'd be a hit. There, he was like a noble version of Wolverine, except with a single hook-hand instead of claws on each hand. He even regenerated from a lobotomy.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 11:25   Link #8
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
DC needs ONE good movie. One that sets the foundation for the whole of the DC universe. Green Lantern was meant to be that movie, but they failed.

Avengers was only possible because of Ironman 1. DC needs their equivalent.
‘Justice League’ movie hopes to finally bring Batman and Superman together on screen:

"If teaming up worked for Iron Man, Thor and The Hulk, it has to work for Batman,
Superman, and Wonder Woman, right?

Warner Bros. Pictures seems to think so, as Variety reported yesterday that the
studio has hired a new writer to bring DC Comics' "Justice League" to the big
screen. Just as "The Avengers" assembled the biggest heroes from Marvel
Comics, "Justice League" would see DC's iconic characters joining forces to save
the world."

See:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...203740882.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 11:35   Link #9
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
‘Justice League’ movie hopes to finally bring Batman and Superman together on screen:

"If teaming up worked for Iron Man, Thor and The Hulk, it has to work for Batman,
Superman, and Wonder Woman, right?

Warner Bros. Pictures seems to think so, as Variety reported yesterday that the
studio has hired a new writer to bring DC Comics' "Justice League" to the big
screen. Just as "The Avengers" assembled the biggest heroes from Marvel
Comics, "Justice League" would see DC's iconic characters joining forces to save
the world."

See:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...203740882.html
Quote:
Variety's report states that Will Beall, who wrote the upcoming "Gangster Squad" (starring Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin) for Warner Bros., has been hired to take on the screenplay. Beall previously wrote for TV's "Castle," but he has also been announced as the writer for new movie versions of "Logan's Run" and "Lethal Weapon 5."
Let's see... Marvel gets an acclaimed writer of both TV and comics, so how does DC respond? Getting someone who has basically no credentials, be they comic-based or otherwise.

This seems like a superb idea.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:41   Link #10
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Batman could be a problem in a JLA movie. Just look at the roles of the "normal" ones in Avengers: Black Widow and Hawk Eye. They had to make Hawk Eye a villain to make him cool enough for a full movie.

And Black Widow looked really out of place in the final fight.

And unlike them, Batman is one of the most popular and important guys in his team. They can't afford him to be lame.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 13:17   Link #11
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If they want a "Justice League". Use the Timm version and run with it. All they need are good enough actors...the scripts are already good enough.
Old 2012-06-07, 13:57   Link #12
jdennis007

Hey maybe they could put the gay Green Lantern in it for cheap ticket sales (assuming he is still alive by then).
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 12:02   Link #13
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Batman could be a problem in a JLA movie. Just look at the roles of the "normal" ones in Avengers: Black Widow and Hawk Eye. They had to make Hawk Eye a villain to make him cool enough for a full movie.

And Black Widow looked really out of place in the final fight.

And unlike them, Batman is one of the most popular and important guys in his team. They can't afford him to be lame.
Yeah, to pull off a good Batman in a JLA movie, they cant make a Chris Nolan Batman, Nolan's Batman is too realistic to be included in a movie like this.
They will need to look very closely to something like Batman from Timmiverse, which was always steps ahead of everyone.
Old 2012-06-11, 12:28   Link #14
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Batman is not the only character that would have trouble looking cool in live action

Spoiler for jaja:
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 12:30   Link #15
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well for a JLA Batman, there is either the Timmiverse version that is serious yet always ahead of everyone in how things will happen (the Great Detective).

Or you have the camp Adam West version Batman from Superfriends. He too is always a step or two ahead...but usually with something rediculous (Bat-thermal underwear against Mr. Freeze. Happening to have Bat-Shark Repellant for whatever reason). Usually all on his utility belt.

While the Timmiverse Batman could also come up with stuff like that, he generally wouldn't pull it out of his belt, but you'd see him prepare for it first. And usually it wasn't silly.

But then how many Batmen carry a tiny sample of Kryptonite in their belt...just in case Superman goes rogue?

Wonder Woman in the Timmiverse also tended to be strong and fast. While not fast enough to avoid bullets entirely, she was usualy fast enough to put her bracers where they needed to be (rather than the stock area of near the chest). That and she tended to do that while closing the distance instead of standing her ground. However Wonder Woman was only in Justice League, and not her own series in the version. Probably because she's difficult to write for in a log term setting without getting weird.

Aquaman as this trouble as well...but at least he seems manly or at least kingly in the Timmiverse.
Old 2012-06-11, 12:55   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

For some reason, I’m always annoyed by the stars with blue background covering Wonder Woman's nether region. It doesn’t match with the overall color of her “bathing-suit” and stand out like a sore thumb. I’ll be happy just to see it disappear in the movie version just like Supes’ red pants.........wait, that sounds wrong . I didn’t mean for them to remove WW’s pants (that’ll turn this JLA movie into a softcore ), just remove the stars and color the pants black or red.
Old 2012-06-11, 13:49   Link #17
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
But then how many Batmen carry a tiny sample of Kryptonite in their belt...just in case Superman goes rogue?
All of them But he does not have in his utility belt, he has it hidden where his x-ray vision cannot find it >_<

manga "proud owner of the complete Batman TAS DVD collection" muscle
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 13:57   Link #18
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
All of them, I believe. This is pretty much a staple for Batman that he either has it in his belt (though in the comics, he turned it into a ring so he could punch with it), or he keeps it nearby in the Batmobile/Batcave.
Old 2012-06-16, 15:38   Link #19
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I finally watched the movie today and it was simply incredible. Ruffalo is the best Hulk yet, Hiddleston topped his performance as Loki from the first movie, and I came away from it with an even bigger appreciation for Downey as Iron Man. I loved Hawkeye's role as well.

I was reading an earliest post, and it's good to know the DVD will have extra footage that focuses on Cap. Like everyone, he had his moments in the film, but not enough for my liking.

Spoiler for Sequel talk:
Old 2012-06-16, 15:46   Link #20
antediluvian
Before the Deluge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
Hey maybe they could put the gay Green Lantern in it for cheap ticket sales (assuming he is still alive by then).
Dude, what? I understand that comic continuity can be sorta hard to digest, but the Green Lantern that had his story rewritten so he could be homosexual is named Alan Scott. He is literally the original Green Lantern back in the golden age of comics. He had a weakness to wood and his source of power was a magic lantern, later retconned to be the Starheart, the source of the universe's magic in recent years.

The Green Lantern you guys know is a silver age of comics creation. His name is Hal Jordan. That's the one featured in the recent GL movie. He isn't homosexual. His story is roughly the one you see in the movie, alright? They're two separate entities.
antediluvian is offline   Reply With Quote