AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-07, 17:39   Link #101
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I was absolutely not expecting what the ep showed me, though I must admit that I kinda liked it ... the combo feel of BRS and CardCaptor Sakura seems a good initial sketch, actually. Hmm. I will be interested to see what the series will continue to bring.
Old 2013-07-07, 19:34   Link #102
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

In any case, this girl who is transformed into a monster flower, has been killed and his life was "killing" also disappeared from the world ...
O_O
Old 2013-07-07, 20:15   Link #103
Jerseykid

This is like the 8th anime this season that's all girls. Is japanese society so disgusted with guys or something?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 20:26   Link #104
Shadow5YA

Normally I wouldn't mind the loli character designs (and I certainly didn't see anything wrong in the PVs), but I did a double take when I saw that pregnant woman.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 20:44   Link #105
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Normally I wouldn't mind the loli character designs (and I certainly didn't see anything wrong in the PVs), but I did a double take when I saw that pregnant woman.
I don't remember which Moderator it was that pointed out that this show has some odd proportions on characters.

That was one thing that I had a bit of an issue with. The age of characters seems to be determined by how smooth and ageless their skin is, because all of the other features are very similar to those of other characters. It's very difficult to gauge if any of the girls are older than the others beyond the actual attitude of the character, because they're all proportioned the same. That's really the only negative thing that I had pop up while I was watching this.
Old 2013-07-07, 20:50   Link #106
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...What the hell happened in this first episode? For some reasons, I feel that this seems like 2 cour material, but I guess it's not

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 00:00   Link #107
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well that wasn't too bad and it certainly has some mindscrew elements going for it. However, it looked sorta cheapy with the animation and the character designs are so-so. I guess I'll keep this around. It also seemed to go really fast.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 06:39   Link #108
backbone
Banned

Aside from badass OP song by Lisa, nothing in the show has impressed me so far, there's simply too many confusing things that needs to be explained thoroughly. Perhaps i have to give 2 more episodes to judge.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:54   Link #109
Marly
>AS

The edge in this first episode almost cut me in half.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 11:09   Link #110
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I don't remember which Moderator it was that pointed out that this show has some odd proportions on characters.

That was one thing that I had a bit of an issue with. The age of characters seems to be determined by how smooth and ageless their skin is, because all of the other features are very similar to those of other characters. It's very difficult to gauge if any of the girls are older than the others beyond the actual attitude of the character, because they're all proportioned the same. That's really the only negative thing that I had pop up while I was watching this.
Ah, I guess that's what was bugging me about the art style. There might be something off about the hands in proportion to the arms too, but I'm not really sure.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:30   Link #111
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Will say my condolences to Fuyuna. Was ignored enough by her family as it was and now it appears she gets completely wiped out of existence. Talk about the ultimate form of what was bothering her in the first place. Though nothing unusual in putting so much pressure on their own child even though she was already elite enough as it was in academics. Kind of hope at least she gets remembered. Being dead is one thing, being gone without a trace just outright sucks.

Certainly another twist on the usual formula. As of this moment no clear way to save these people once they turn into those monsters. Just a matter of stopping them before more people are victimized. Ugly kind of cleanup job.
Old 2013-07-09, 01:37   Link #112
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
Ah, I guess that's what was bugging me about the art style. There might be something off about the hands in proportion to the arms too, but I'm not really sure.
It's mainly the size of the characters. Especially at the fortune tellers' mansion, the younger female who is clearly older than the main characters appears to be proportionally similar to the girls despite being older.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Will say my condolences to Fuyuna. Was ignored enough by her family as it was and now it appears she gets completely wiped out of existence. Talk about the ultimate form of what was bothering her in the first place. Though nothing unusual in putting so much pressure on their own child even though she was already elite enough as it was in academics. Kind of hope at least she gets remembered. Being dead is one thing, being gone without a trace just outright sucks.

Certainly another twist on the usual formula. As of this moment no clear way to save these people once they turn into those monsters. Just a matter of stopping them before more people are victimized. Ugly kind of cleanup job.
That was kind of interesting, if a bit random. It just came out of nowhere, suddenly she was assaulting her with some sort of weird magic and then she was a corpse. The obvious assumption is that her emotions manifested into that situation via some evil third party, but there was no attention paid to this scene.

This situation would have been perfect if it took up an entire episode. A slow decline of hatred going through episode one with MC's adopted parents doting on her because of her having been inside the flaming mansion, and then the second episode with Fuyuna (or Fuuya? Whatever... I forgot her :P) more gradually turning into this monster and then being wiped away.

As it stands, this had no meaning whatsoever. It was just some weird thing that happened and an excuse to show a corpse on episode one.
Old 2013-07-09, 05:12   Link #113
backbone
Banned

I kinda doubt that Fuyuna was really wiped out from existence, as she appear shortly on OP, there's some possibility that she may appear again sometime in the future.

Dunno why, but this first eps kinda gave me the same vibe as first eps of Psycho Pass. Like, they seem to be trying too hard to make this looks grim and gory, by shoving all the disturbing scenes right on our throat. And it doesn't help that the execution was all over the place, leaving the viewers confused rather than curious. But that's just on me, i guess
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 09:28   Link #114
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

This episode should have really been cut into two episodes. It was nice nonetheless.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 22:02   Link #115
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it was a nice start but it seems to move a little fast
Old 2013-07-11, 18:22   Link #116
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
This is like the 8th anime this season that's all girls. Is japanese society so disgusted with guys or something?
Maybe it's the age of Lolis-like girls?

Lolis are popular now.

I like Lolis. NANO?

So... where do I go to buy Tarot Cards that have lolis poping out of it?

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2013-07-11 at 18:43.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:10   Link #117
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 13:14   Link #118
Shadow5YA

Most of the episode felt generic to me until Akari regained her memories of Fuyuna. Before then, we just have the protagonist following in her parent's footsteps, the exposition, and a typical school setting.

Hopefully the series continues to expand on that grey area where they have to kill the victims instead of sinking into the stock "magical girls kill the fodder monster of the week" for too long.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 13:19   Link #119
EroKing

A talking crow is always a bad sign

I also went and re-watched episode 1 and here's something that might be interesting.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That flower accessory has to have some different meaning behind it. I mean, at the end of the ED you can see a big ass tree or something

Last edited by EroKing; 2013-07-13 at 13:42.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 13:25   Link #120
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, evil sounding animals is never a good sign...

At least Akari regained her memories there. Would have been the ultimate disaster for Fuyuna if absolutely everyone had forgotten her. Of course now Akari is stuck carrying that incredibly heavy guilt and burden. No surprise she was on the verge of being taken over herself after seeing her cousins bloody body on the ground.

Can't really have a "woo we have magical powers" moment when at least some of them share that kind of horrific past. Can only save people by eliminating the threatening ones. Despite the fact that it's not really their choice. People have weak moments and getting taken over like that is just unsettling.

Certainly wouldn't be surprised if Akari's mother didn't want her involved one because of this horrible truth and two because of the people working behind the scenes.

Tags
bishoujo, fantasy, mahou shoujo