AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-22, 22:35   Link #261
Used Can

Man, the ending was a mess. I also get the impression the author probably had no idea how to continue the story after volume 10.
Old 2014-06-22, 22:45   Link #262
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Man, the ending was a mess. I also get the impression the author probably had no idea how to continue the story after volume 10.
Sometimes it is better to close a series off then to go in all sorts of weird directions.

The last few volumes do not really give any sort of closure to the story or characters, they move onto a new universe, cept for hiroshi who is left alone.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 23:01   Link #263
Used Can

Hiroshi deserved what he got. That's one thing I cannot complain.
However, I find it odd the author couldn't properly finish this series considering all the time he took to write the last 3 volumes.

It's sad because the story was actually okay until volume 10. It isn't until volume 11 that the story becomes messy.
Old 2014-06-22, 23:21   Link #264
Yye1
Wide Right

i am just assuming they all meet in the afterlife, and akuto lives happily with his harem

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 00:42   Link #265
fox350z

Thanks to Js06 for translating this great series. Though it became confusing at the end I still enjoyed it none the less.
fox350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 03:57   Link #266
Shiyumi

At the end, most of human was transfer to a real universe not a fiction one created by Law of identity, and human race overcome the destruction destiny. This happen thanks to Hiroshi able to created a story that satisfy Law of identity while being a normal human in a normal world. Though that make him become the next Law of identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hiroshi deserved what he got. That's one thing I cannot complain.
So Akuto's wrong and screw up while Hiroshi's right and save everyone in the end make him a bad guy.
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 09:35   Link #267
senjiro
ecchi sage

Lol what a mess,
I think the author trolled us,
After 13 vl. Akuto ended alone?one of them?all? Better the end was the chapter when they all married...
Hiroshi fuck you.., he deserves that end.shooting akuto and his mother?well done killer...
Im very angry with this ending,13 vol for that?'facepalm'
Hoppefully dxd will not end the same,now im scared.lol the author trolling his own work.WTF?
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 10:31   Link #268
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Well it was a great read while it lasted.
I recently came to a realisation that this novel might not be very popular even thou it is completed and it's a good light novel to read. I wonder why is that?

On another note, since Js06 completed this, is Js06 going to pick up another serie to translate? if so I hope Js06 would pick up Kenshin no Keishousha.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 18:45   Link #269
erdii

can someone give me a summary of last volume. my head hurts just trying understand that mess
Old 2014-06-23, 19:35   Link #270
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
can someone give me a summary of last volume. my head hurts just trying understand that mess
Everybody dies.

Everybody lives in the afterlife.

Sai has lots and lots of sex with Junko, Yoshie, and Fujiko.

Sai realizes this world is a dead end.

Sai tries to destroy it and Keena says no.

Hiroshi is being a dick by killing baby Akuto. Like 35 times. Get a hobby, loser.

Sai realizes the world is fictional and tries to create an ending to the story.

Multi-dimensional gods are trying to do something bad (don't know what)

Sai/Hiroshi/MDGs have a long boring discussion.

Sai creates a world where Hiroshi writes the LN we're reading, thereby ending the story.

Sai absorbs the universe, Keena absorbs him, they move on and dumb Hiroshi's sorry ass in the void where he can write his own damn story.
Old 2014-06-23, 21:59   Link #271
teejmo

Wow. That ending... wow. The author should be ashamed of himself. That was horrible.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 23:24   Link #272
Flames

The only thing I really get about the ending so far is that Hiroshi was basically manipulated to give an ending towards the story that the Law of Identity had made so that she can finally be freed from her role. Akuto and everyone else basically got the benefits of being able to move towards a universe in which they can finally become real and not play roles decided by the Law of Identity . But Hiroshi who is combined with Bouichirou and Kento to fulfill the role of the hero is basically left behind for eternity until he can create a story that grants himself and them freedom to move on. He basically got the bad end of the stick because of his role he was given by the Law of Identity which is why he complained towards her that it's not fair he has to be left behind because of something he has no control over.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 12:26   Link #273
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Ok finally finish reading the last volume and the last arc reminded me of a mixture of inception meet the ending of evangelion.
My thought on the last arc are WHY WHY WHY!!!, WHY DID THE AUTHOR change the flow of the story 360 degree and upside down? even if he want it to end because of his illness, does he really need to change the the flow of the storyline?
Can't he just create the ending arc that continue the flow, something like, candidates appear to fight for empire, each have their own demon king, Akuto fight them then marry the girls thus becoming emperor, change some stuff for the better of human and live happily ever after.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2014-07-02 at 22:09.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 01:48   Link #274
kazzuya13

The ending is truly horrible. One of the worst ending ever. It would have been better if it had ended in volume 12.
Old 2014-07-03, 07:16   Link #275
Nihgthawk

I will agree that the ending is a bit of a mess but there are a few points that I can at least understand.

Keena as the law of identity is not a god but the primary story teller. As the story teller she is able to make the story move in a certain way and can edit the story as she wishes. However she does not have full control of the story because she herself is also part of the story and thus bound by the stories of those around her. This is why no matter what Hiroshi does in the past fails because Keena is able to edit the story so that any change to history is negated and the story is able to move in the direction she set. Another reason she does this is to not allow paradoxes which would either confuse or make the story get stuck in a loop. Lets use an example from the last volume. Hiroshi goes to the past and kills Sai as a baby, Sai never grows up to be the demon king, Hiroshi never needs to go to the past to kill the demon king, so Sai is never killed in the past, Sai becomes the demon king, Hiroshi goes to the past and kills Sai as a baby, etc, etc.

Sai was the demon king till the end. The demon king is only able to destroy the world and never had power to save it. That is why even thou he created and destroyed multiple worlds trying to find a way to bring the story to an end he still failed. Because even with all the power he had at the end he did not have the power to save everyone, that role is up to the hero to fulfill.

Hiroshi being the hero was able to bring the story to an ending thus allowing everyone to move on and escape the story that they were all trapped in but at a cost. The heroes is the person who can save everyone and is made to bare huge burdens. Hiroshi was able to let everyone else in the world/universe escape the trap that was the story but sadly with everyone else gone there was no one left to save him. His last act as the hero was to take up the burden as the new law of identity and continue the story till a new hero would appear to take his place.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 09:27   Link #276
Kerfirou

Yeah, the Ending is WEIRD.

I mean, all from Vol 1 to Vol 10, the genre is pretty clear. A lot of comedy with a dash of action, drama and romance.

Then suddenly it's getting rather Cthulhu philosophically? And Bad Ending for Hiroshi.

Overall, the story is good, one of the best even, but the ending is really troll.

Even if Hiroshi has managed to make a story, then another poor schmuck will replace him.

The cycle is really depressing.
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 09:34   Link #277
Kyuusaisha

I think going into this thread now and reading this is one of the only times when spoilers have managed to make me not want to finish reading it. Currently just read volume 6 and I feel like it's been a great ride so far but what I'm reading here turns me off so much.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 00:40   Link #278
Shadowind

What a weird, frustrating and disapointing ending!

Like, for me, this was a story about fighting to break cycles and implemented systems in order to achieve happiness for everyone. Then, it went Neon Genesis Evangelion style, which I do not think that is a bad thing but, in the end, almost all mankind was saved, no, evolved, while Hiroshi, had to be sacrificed in order to continue a cycle...

And no explanation is given about how this cycle of Law of Identities begun.

Yes, it is a troll ending, which sincerely, just made me go mad!
Shadowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 07:46   Link #279
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think... from the moment the author decided that it would be a story about a story (so... from the start?), there was no saving the series. As a story about a demon king trying to do his best for the world and his friends and stuff, it was fine. But it's hard to care about a story about a story.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 08:07   Link #280
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think... from the moment the author decided that it would be a story about a story (so... from the start?), there was no saving the series. As a story about a demon king trying to do his best for the world and his friends and stuff, it was fine. But it's hard to care about a story about a story.
Like the Never Ending Story, that ended, and got two sequels that also ended, making the author a total liar.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, shounen