AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-04, 01:57   Link #1
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Gilgamesh - getting uglier?

Don't know if it's just me, but I just watched Gilgamesh episode 5 and it really looks like the artwork and animation may be getting worse - even though the story's getting interesting!

I know many people weren't too fond of the style even to begin with, but I'm not really talking about that (ok, I'll admit to being a little freaked by the way when any character shows surprise, they give them an expression you usually only see on sex dolls ). However, this episode the animation seemed extra rough and the motion kind of unnatural - with people sometimes looking disproportionately drawn or distorted. Could this be a case of the studio hurting for funds by any chance?

Too bad, because the story *is* really beginning to become interesting. I can usually overlook a low budget when the story's good, but this is getting to the point where it's kind of distracting.

Last edited by PocariSweat; 2003-11-04 at 02:32.
PocariSweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 02:12   Link #2
Nazgul8

Send a message via ICQ to Nazgul8
I was wondering how many people are following this series. I usually give a show 5 eps to get me interested enough to go further and Gilgamesh didn't do it. Having some mysteries to figure out is fine but so far they haven't really explained the motivations behind either of the 2 groups.

I didn't really notice any difference in the style of the animation. Course most of the time the scenes are too dark to tell anyway.

Oh well I don't have to worry bout that anymore. This show would have to get a lot better to get me to watch it again.
Nazgul8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 03:33   Link #3
haleguu
LOLICON

It's uglier now compared to the first episode?! My gawd, that must be really, realy bad animation then...might be as bad as...Dear Boys!
haleguu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 05:47   Link #4
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
well i dont know probably i have a different taste than other ppl but i still find this series very interesting & i havent noticed that much of a change in the animation
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 06:51   Link #5
[Titan]
Tenshi

The story line seems OK IMO, but the artwork..... I just can't get used to the way they draw mouths and hair, nor to the overall style of drawing. Another thing that bothered me was the animation, at some points, it looked like I was watching a slideshow instead of an animation. I still find the story interesting enough to keep me watching though. But for how long?
[Titan] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 08:40   Link #6
Anlushac11

Cool

Its funny that you mention that because I was going to post the same question.

It does seem that the artwork is not as wel done the last two episodes.

I keep telling myself I'll give it one more chance.

I find the story interesting enough to keep watching it but I have a hard time getting excited about it like I do Avenger and Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 09:54   Link #7
Breogan
Umeboshi

Yes, I noticed it got even worse in the last 2 episodes, abusing too much of the white color sometimes. I'm just watching it to see how the story develops, as it seems pretty interesting so far. Too bad the animation doesn't help much.

@ [Titan]: May I ask what anime is that sig picture from? (or where did you get it). It looks really good
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 09:59   Link #8
[Titan]
Tenshi

Breogan: As far as I know, it's CG art from an H game, dunno from what game unfortunately ^^"

ontopic: I also noted that when a character is in the distance, they still try to give it a lot of detail, resulting in a whole bunch of black lines. Also, I had to switch my CRT from 40% brightness to 80% in order to see what's going on...
[Titan] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 10:03   Link #9
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
I don't think it could unless, they turn to to orcs, trolls or the like.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 12:31   Link #10
NenMaster

i like the art work, you will probally see more animes with diffrent art work than the usual stuff.
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 01:14   Link #11
KidGusto

I heard that in newer animes now they are rotating different art teams. I heard they did it in Naruto and a couple of others. Usually there good enough to make it look the same but yah episodes 1 and 2 are way cleaner than the rest. I'm guessing there probably rotating different artist, unfortunatly it doesnt seem to be helping the anime much, and yes i cant wait for a plot.
KidGusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 03:12   Link #12
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

I like the story pretty well so far, enough to overlook the style. I did find some things really distracting in episode 5 though (aside from the normal weirdness of these people plastic hair and weird mouths). Weird things had detail, while sometimes figures would have very little, I found this especially noticable whenever someones feet were shown. The characters generally seem to move pretty stiffly, but it did seem worse this episode.

Zoya
Zoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 03:37   Link #13
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I made it through 4 episodes before giving up on this series and thats because I can no longer stand the animation quality of this series. I thought the story was getting good too but every time a good part comes up the animation totally ruins the mood for me.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 11:35   Link #14
NenMaster

mouths are only weird caus they have lips
Old 2003-11-05, 13:14   Link #15
HiMaN
Inactive Member

Send a message via MSN to HiMaN
hmm i just finished teh 1st epi.. did download all 5. but the drawings seem pretty good here.. just that they do seem deteriorated at some scenes..
HiMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 17:59   Link #16
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

I gave up on it after the second episode, such a shame. I thought that its gonna be a good series but then again.....
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 00:51   Link #17
chhayalak
5 Star Epicure Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocariSweat
Don't know if it's just me, but I just watched Gilgamesh episode 5 and it really looks like the artwork and animation may be getting worse - even though the story's getting interesting!

I know many people weren't too fond of the style even to begin with, but I'm not really talking about that (ok, I'll admit to being a little freaked by the way when any character shows surprise, they give them an expression you usually only see on sex dolls ). However, this episode the animation seemed extra rough and the motion kind of unnatural - with people sometimes looking disproportionately drawn or distorted. Could this be a case of the studio hurting for funds by any chance?

Too bad, because the story *is* really beginning to become interesting. I can usually overlook a low budget when the story's good, but this is getting to the point where it's kind of distracting.

I don't see where you are coming man. ANime motion kind of unnatural??? anime characters drawn disproportionately?? what get out.. Isn't that what anime is all about, seriously!

I like the animation of Gilgamesh.. i like everything, the lips, etc... It's one of my fav animes this season, next to FLA, and PMK!
chhayalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 01:00   Link #18
NenMaster

people just dont like change.
Old 2003-11-06, 01:15   Link #19
hisoka
Inactive Member

I think I'll stop wasting my time with it. I'm not bothered by how it looks, but it's too slow for me like rahxephon was. just dragging out until the final few eps. I also happen to hate music. Oh btw the preview of eps 4 made it sound like there was sex but there wasn't I think it would have been better if there was
hisoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 18:11   Link #20
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

any other Gilgamesh addicts out there?

I am SOOO addicted to this series...I just cant wait for episode 9. I think the majority of people are missing out on this gem because they are turned off by the animation. My only fault with it is that there are moments where you can tell that corners were cut. other than that...the style, story, characters, music.....Great!

Anybody else agree with me?
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote