AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-07-25, 18:35   Link #161
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
PS2 Gundam 00 screenshots
Game Watch and GameSpot Japan both have articles up on Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Gundam Meisters. The game features full voice acting. Release date is October 16.

GameSpot's entire gallery is up here.

frm gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 15:27   Link #162
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
I think it might also have to do with state-side licensing. As we all know, when an anime series comes to the states, it goes to the one company, and it's sequel or prequel could go to another, leading to problems between who owns the respective properties. I believe that's why the only Super Robot games we got in the US didn't have any actual characters belinging to a license othen than Banpresto. Mixing series' like Eva, Gundam, Mazinger, etc. would be a legal nightmare, so I imagine they don't even bother trying.
I was talking about gundam exclusive series like Gundam Battle series. While slightly repititive is at least a hell lot better then MS Saga: A new dawn.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 02:17   Link #163
jonli
JONLIの憂'

This game doesn't look too good.

Sigh, I knew it would be half-assed.

Please release a VS...please I beg you.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 02:21   Link #164
U<3Anime
Boo!

Judging by the screenshots, it seems like we can't even freely attack enemies. All we have to do is just input button sequences >_>
Old 2008-07-31, 02:24   Link #165
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... do you guys complain about every Gundam game they put out? Seriously, at least play the game before judging it.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 23:46   Link #166
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

No, we just complain about the american ones.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 23:37   Link #167
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... do you guys complain about every Gundam game they put out? Seriously, at least play the game before judging it.
Well they do make great Gundam games every now and then. But it's painfully obvious to tell which Gundam game is just a pile of crap and which one isnt.

The only good action Gundam game so far is probably only the Versus series. Then probably the Kizuna game, because you actually get to play like a Gundam pilot, not because of the game itself.
Old 2008-08-04, 07:18   Link #168
xytrix

Gundam Exia in Gundam vs. Gundam
Spoiler:

----------------------------------
From Gunota:
Spoiler:
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 12:18   Link #169
U<3Anime
Boo!

Exia vids, not only as a partner but also as an enemy

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4182663

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4182939

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4182733
Old 2008-08-11, 04:11   Link #170
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

PS2 Gundam Meisters official site opens

The official site opened today. The reservation bonus is the Trans-Am DVD mentioned not long ago, featuring a first season "Mission 4" video, a second season "Mission 0" vid, and a second season commercial.

frm gunota
Old 2008-08-13, 23:14   Link #171
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... do you guys complain about every Gundam game they put out?
Generally, yes, because even the decent ones usually have glaring flaws and most of them are not that good or have extreeemely glaring flaws.

We do not want Bandai to ruin the brand by chucking out mediocre games by the buttload and then pointing to Gihren's Ambition and saying "WE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY GUYS" while only maintaining a semblance of quality in the Versus series.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 16:00   Link #172
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I was just checking out the Macross Ace Frontier game, and someone pointed out that it resembles the Gundam Battle series on the PSP.

Can anyone tell me how worthy is the Gundam Battle series? I've read up on it on Gamefaqs, but that review doesn't sound too trustworthy.

Is it like the VS series?
Old 2008-08-15, 16:48   Link #173
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I was just checking out the Macross Ace Frontier game, and someone pointed out that it resembles the Gundam Battle series on the PSP.

Can anyone tell me how worthy is the Gundam Battle series? I've read up on it on Gamefaqs, but that review doesn't sound too trustworthy.

Is it like the VS series?
If you're talking about the Battle Master, Battle Master II games... well, its a fighting game, like Street Fighter. If you're talking about something else, I have no idea... only played Battle Master and NET.
Old 2008-08-16, 12:10   Link #174
Kikuchi

Nah, Battle series is something totally different.

It kinda ressembles the VS series, but gameplay is quite different. I can't really point out what bothers me but I don't like it, or rather, I like VS gameplay way more.
On the other hand, Battle games usually have A FRIGGIN LOT of content. The last one, Battle Universe, has around 200 suits from First, 0080, 08th MS Team, 0083, Zeta, Green Divers, ZZ, CCA and Hathaway's Flash.

To put it simply, Battle games are decent games with much to offer, but I think VS series gameplay is just a hundred times better.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 18:07   Link #175
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Nah, Battle series is something totally different.

It kinda ressembles the VS series, but gameplay is quite different. I can't really point out what bothers me but I don't like it, or rather, I like VS gameplay way more.
On the other hand, Battle games usually have A FRIGGIN LOT of content. The last one, Battle Universe, has around 200 suits from First, 0080, 08th MS Team, 0083, Zeta, Green Divers, ZZ, CCA and Hathaway's Flash.

To put it simply, Battle games are decent games with much to offer, but I think VS series gameplay is just a hundred times better.
They are aimed towards different type of players.

The vs series is much more of a multiplayer game with is obvious arcade presence while the battle series is meant to be a single player game with its lack of online play. In my opinion this is a smart move really, one game to play at home or on a trip, the other to play with a group of friends, this way we'd get Gundam everywhere.

The game play is completely subjective. The vs series frustrates me to hell because of the lag between each BR shots and how machine guns can only fire in burst mode. It is because I'm more of a mid-long range player (in many other games, too) I prefer the battle series where I can simply out range my opponents.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 07:22   Link #176
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Dengeki Online PS2 Gundam 00 article

Dengeki Online has plenty of new screenshots of Gundam 00: Gundam Meisters, featuring the game's rival characters.

frm gunota
Old 2008-08-19, 07:50   Link #177
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I wonder if 00 Gundam or some of the series 2 MS will be included as bonus...
Old 2008-08-19, 14:01   Link #178
Rey Za Burrel
Taiyou no Tsubasa

it may have since the release date is somewhat near ss2 air date :P
Rey Za Burrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 02:16   Link #179
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Let's spark up some kind of discussion in this rather lonely thread.

Did anyone here try out the Gundam Vs Gundam game? I just played it for the first time the other day, needless to say I got my ass-whooped when I reached the 2nd stage. It's a lot slower than I expected, but I think it's a rather nice change to the series.

Does anyone here think they'll come out with a Gundam 00 vs? How many suits do they need to make an actual VS series?
Old 2008-08-20, 15:16   Link #180
U<3Anime
Boo!

Yea, I have been playing GvsG for months now, but I still suck =x. The game does feel slower and more restricted than SEED, due to the fact they took out step canceling. I remember I disliked the game at first because of how much slower it is. Also I had a hard time getting pass stage 3. But once you get adapted to the changes, its not so bad. To me, they just made it more strict where players have to put a bit more thought in their movement and as to where to position themselves. This is because the range and tracking of melee attacks have been increased a lot. With step-cancel out, you can no longer make a mis-step and still expect to be able to quickly dodge a melee attack with step cancel. In other words, if your opponent is charging at you and you make your dodge a step too early, you are going to eat it for sure.(Unless you're using Freedom durrr) BR attacks have also been given a boost with more tracking and with the addition of huge beams from V2 assault mode, Zeta's mega launcher and etc..., lets just say timing is crucial in this game. >_>

As for a 00 vs game by itself and with Exia already in GvsG? Nah, I think its unlikely when they have already made GvsG. It would just make more sense for them to continue to build on what they have now by adding more suits for each respective series in the next game.