AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-04, 03:05   Link #161
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Whatever it is, I am interested in this :

It has been stated that it is Japan sales only, similar to WA2 earlier in Feb this year. So.....does anyone know of a way to get this game? Looks interesting (especially on the account that Mana looks ridiculously cute with her twintails....no, I am not a lolicon).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 21:28   Link #162
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Does anyone know how reliable is AmiAmi?
Old 2010-06-03, 23:26   Link #163
ameskitty
Kupo

I've always been very satisfied with my orders from them (and I love some of the markdowns they have), though their payment process freaked me out the first time I ordered from them. So since I happened to stumble upon this, I might as well explain it for you .

Once you order, they "confirm" it with an e-mail, and after all your products are ready for shipment, they will send you a bill indicating the shipping cost and the total cost and ask you to send a payment via PayPal (this is the strange part). Make sure to follow their instructions - I always have, so I'm not sure how they handle missteps, and you could have troubles if you don't (most notably use the same e-mail to sign up for AmiAmi that you use for PayPal). Once you've paid, they usually send some sort of response within one day, and they usually have it shipped by then, too.

(A few extra notes: PayPal's "exchange rate" tends to be ~5 yen lower than the actual rate, which is a bit annoying, but it's better than the markup some other companies will force on you, and if you want the cheaper shipping you must indicate it in the "comments" section when you make the order)

Hopefully this is helpful .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A

Last edited by ameskitty; 2010-06-03 at 23:27. Reason: woops, that WAS mentioned...but yes, CDJapan :)
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 21:44   Link #164
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameskitty View Post
I've always been very satisfied with my orders from them (and I love some of the markdowns they have), though their payment process freaked me out the first time I ordered from them. So since I happened to stumble upon this, I might as well explain it for you .

Once you order, they "confirm" it with an e-mail, and after all your products are ready for shipment, they will send you a bill indicating the shipping cost and the total cost and ask you to send a payment via PayPal (this is the strange part). Make sure to follow their instructions - I always have, so I'm not sure how they handle missteps, and you could have troubles if you don't (most notably use the same e-mail to sign up for AmiAmi that you use for PayPal). Once you've paid, they usually send some sort of response within one day, and they usually have it shipped by then, too.

(A few extra notes: PayPal's "exchange rate" tends to be ~5 yen lower than the actual rate, which is a bit annoying, but it's better than the markup some other companies will force on you, and if you want the cheaper shipping you must indicate it in the "comments" section when you make the order)

Hopefully this is helpful .
When did you last ordered something from them? The last time I ordered something there was an actual option to change shipping, but it's a fairly recent change, so...

Anyway, I personally have had no problem with them, and have several orders coming from them in the next few months, with a lot more things that I plan to buy from them. The discounts are very very nice, though as ameskitty said, Paypal does add a bit to the cost.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 10:10   Link #165
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I would like to know where I could buy Ever 17. Is there by any chance... any places that sell it? With the most reasonable price for something as rare as this? I would appreciate the best possible prospects... If any.

Regardless, Thank you.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 20:57   Link #166
Aaerul

I'm looking for a copy of the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia. But everywhere I look, asking price is in the USD$70~ range. Is there any possibility that the price on this item will lower anytime soon? Sigh. Namco Bandai. Why?
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 01:08   Link #167
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Whatever it is, I am interested in this :

It has been stated that it is Japan sales only, similar to WA2 earlier in Feb this year. So.....does anyone know of a way to get this game? Looks interesting (especially on the account that Mana looks ridiculously cute with her twintails....no, I am not a lolicon).
HimeyaShop has both the regular edition and the limited edition. According to them, the games work on non-Japanese PS3s, though last time I checked, Sony didn't get any more lenient on region locking, so I dunno about that. There's also Amazon.jp, but you'll have to get a proxy to ship the item to you, since Amazon.jp doesn't send video games abroad.

P.S. The limited edition comes with an artbook and the game's original soundtrack.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 07:44   Link #168
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I would like to know where I could buy Ever 17. Is there by any chance... any places that sell it? With the most reasonable price for something as rare as this? I would appreciate the best possible prospects... If any.

Regardless, Thank you.
Unfortunately it has been out of print for a while now even though J-list managed to snag a limited stock that has now run dry and there's going to be no more available unless someone else picks up the license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
I'm looking for a copy of the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia. But everywhere I look, asking price is in the USD$70~ range. Is there any possibility that the price on this item will lower anytime soon? Sigh. Namco Bandai. Why?
The chances of that are extremely slim unless yesasia (or some other site) decides to drop the price themselves (although I've now lost my trust in them after I ordered ar tonelico 3 from them and they cancelled it even though I ordered it just before golden week started).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
HimeyaShop has both the regular edition and the limited edition. According to them, the games work on non-Japanese PS3s, though last time I checked, Sony didn't get any more lenient on region locking, so I dunno about that. There's also Amazon.jp, but you'll have to get a proxy to ship the item to you, since Amazon.jp doesn't send video games abroad.

P.S. The limited edition comes with an artbook and the game's original soundtrack.
There are no region locks on the PS3 (or the PSP) when it comes to games so it would work on a non Japanese PS3.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 07:22   Link #169
Aaerul

vesperia

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
The chances of that are extremely slim unless yesasia (or some other site) decides to drop the price themselves (although I've now lost my trust in them after I ordered ar tonelico 3 from them and they cancelled it even though I ordered it just before golden week started).
I might go second hand then if i can find it for a reasonable price. Really not happy with Namco Bandai this gen. They don't deserve my money.
Old 2010-06-14, 07:53   Link #170
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
I might go second hand then if i can find it for a reasonable price. Really not happy with Namco Bandai this gen. They don't deserve my money.
You have to remember everything is expensive in Japan so it's not just the fault of just one company.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 20:50   Link #171
Aaerul

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
You have to remember everything is expensive in Japan so it's not just the fault of just one company.
I don't hate them for the pricing. I hate them for their localization decisions. Tales of Vesperia eternal exclusivity with MS outside of Japan? I find it hard to believe.

Most of the localization is already done, this is Vesperia their biggest Tales product to date. And yet they're not releasing it on the PS3 outside of Japan? Mind-boggling. As far as I understand the game was partly funded by Microsoft in exchange for temporary exclusivity like Eternal Sonata.
Old 2010-06-22, 15:51   Link #172
tkdtiger

Are these games in english...or at least english subbed? I may have to learn a new language.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 01:41   Link #173
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Are these games in english...or at least english subbed? I may have to learn a new language.
What games are you talking about? If you're talking about all Japanese games, then definitely, unfortunately no.
Old 2010-07-07, 06:02   Link #174
kyosak
poo

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3r5n.html
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 10:00   Link #175
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
What games are you talking about? If you're talking about all Japanese games, then definitely, unfortunately no.
well I like the japanese rpgs...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 06:47   Link #176
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
well I like the japanese rpgs...
Well, depending on who's making the RPG, there could be a high chance of a localization. e.g. if a company affiliated with Nintendo makes an RPG, chances are high unless the game is on Nintendo's Ban List (Mother 3 ). If you mean those RPG/eroge games, then chances of localization are low.
Old 2010-08-09, 08:36   Link #177
Qikz

Where's the best place to pre-order Pokemon Black or White? Playasia seems to be really expensive.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 19:57   Link #178
Jiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Where's the best place to pre-order Pokemon Black or White? Playasia seems to be really expensive.
They're about $5 cheaper on Yesasia, so that's where I preordered.
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 09:43   Link #179
sakuramiko16

Hey I am trying to pre-order Okamiden Chisaki Taiyou but I'd also like to get the promotional stylus. Does yesasia ship the promotional items with the game when you pre-order? Or do you know of anywhere that does?

Thanks.
sakuramiko16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 22:05   Link #180
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuramiko16 View Post
Hey I am trying to pre-order Okamiden Chisaki Taiyou but I'd also like to get the promotional stylus. Does yesasia ship the promotional items with the game when you pre-order? Or do you know of anywhere that does?

Thanks.
YesAsia, PlayAsia, and Himeya will ship any promotional items with the game, as long as you order the version that comes with the items. Make sure that your store of choice offers the limited edition of the game. YesAsia can be very overpriced though; their figures and electronics are 200% more than retail sometimes, not sure about games.