AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-03, 02:20   Link #4241
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The Kihara so far for me is Kihara Nayuta. For one reason only. Cause she's a loli

Accelerator continuously fighting even though his physically disadvantage and nearly battered out is because Last Order is their and she needs him.
Lolis: Giving strength to men since 1998.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:33   Link #4242
tsunade666

After reading the translated english versio of vol 13 with accelerator's awakening. On what kihara said about accelerator's black wings. It gives more truth the the theory that Aiwass was the one who give Aleister the knowledge about Esper and their ability comes from an angelic line but with different properties. Maybe because Aiwass wasn't a christian angel but who knows. When I read the vol 13 before I didn't notice it because it's hard to understand the word by word of it but thanks to the translation it clarified some stuffs. It looks like Kakine also understands this after seeing accelerator using it.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:38   Link #4243
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
Yeah, it's kind of weird since Touma pretty much needed a couple of regular punches and a Falcon Punch to beat Accelerator, though I guess it just supports how physically strong Touma is. Or Accelerator has been pumping iron.
Well you can say that he was rather motivated to keep fighting compared to during the experiment.

Quote:
After reading the translated english versio of vol 13 with accelerator's awakening. On what kihara said about accelerator's black wings. It gives more truth the the theory that Aiwass was the one who give Aleister the knowledge about Esper and their ability comes from an angelic line but with different properties. Maybe because Aiwass wasn't a christian angel but who knows. When I read the vol 13 before I didn't notice it because it's hard to understand the word by word of it but thanks to the translation it clarified some stuffs. It looks like Kakine also understands this after seeing accelerator using it.
I'll wait to see what Aleister thinks about this in the final part of this chapter, I don't think Kihara understands at all what those Black Wings are except that they are AIM, quite literally Accelerator's involuntary movement.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:52   Link #4244
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
About Vol22, I've got the blurb for that, though it's in Japanese:

少女を守りたい、三人の少年の想いは届くのか……!! 科学と魔術の物語、ついに決着!
 ローマ正教の暗部『神の右席』最後の一人、右方のフィアンマ。彼の企てる『計画』が、ついに 発動する。
 第三次世界大戦下のロシア上空に浮遊した巨大要塞『ベツレヘムの星』。
 十字教信者だけでなく、全世界の人間を「救う」と言われるそれは、しかし人類史上でも未曾有の大災害が発 生することを意味していた。フィアンマが『浄化』と呼ぶその謀略が蠢く中、三人の少年は自らの想いを胸に戦 い続ける。
 浜面仕上は、滝壺理后(たきつぼりこう)の治療を終え、クレムリン・レポートを未然に防ごうと動いた直後 、宿敵・麦野沈利と相まみえた。
 一方通行(アクセラレータ)は、大天使ミーシャをかろうじて退け、ついに打ち止め(ラストオーダー)を救 う『とある解法』に行き当たる。しかしそれはまさに禁断の一手だった。
 そして上条当麻は、『ベツレヘムの星』計画を食い止めるため、インデックスを解き放つため、単身フィアン マに挑む……!

I want to protect the girl, will the feeling of the three boy reach....! Science and Magic's story, finally concluded!!

Rome Catholic's Anbu(it's meaning is kinda like a secret organization I think) "God's right hand" last member, Fianna of the right. His planned "project" finally started(or invoked).

The third world war beneath the Rusia's sky, floating giant fort "Star of Betlehem"

Not only the Christian, saying to save all the mankind in the world, but actually making an unprecedented big disaster that has never seen before in mankind's history. To wriggle from Fianna's purification scheme, The three boys continue to fight with their own thought in their chest.

Hamazura Shiage, after finishing Takitsubo's Rikuo medical treatment, and protecting the Kremlin Report, meets(?, Not sure what aimamiete means, it literally means "with", but somehow doesn't fit the context) his nemesis, Mugino Shizuru

Accelerator, barely escaping from the archangel Misha, finally run into "a certain solution" to saves Last order. But it's actually a forbidden method.

And Kamijou Touma, to hold back the "Star of Betlehem " fort, to free Index, challenge Fianna alone

That's the translation. Feel free to correct if there's a mistake since I'm still improving my japanese ^^
Old 2010-09-03, 04:27   Link #4245
sasuke706

Quote:
Yeah, it's kind of weird since Touma pretty much needed a couple of regular punches and a Falcon Punch to beat Accelerator, though I guess it just supports how physically strong Touma is. Or Accelerator has been pumping iron.
I just assumed Accelerator was too retarded to control any function of his body, including the sense of pain, how much strength he could use, even to the point of more than should be possible (getting a grip on Kihara's hair and ripping it out has to be beyond Accelerator's regular below-average strength). But still, Kihara was magnificently done and I shall miss him.
Old 2010-09-03, 04:32   Link #4246
oldmanpoo

^True, that. Anybody who can face Accelerator while Accelerator has his powers (at full strength or not) and tear him apart deserves major respect.

The whole "using his vector control" technique against Accelerator was genius.
Old 2010-09-03, 05:30   Link #4247
tsunade666

Their isn't a saimoe thread here in toaresubthread so I don't know where to say this but I'm just glad and surprised that's really unexpected to see that a battle between komoesensei and haruhi. Haruhi is still winning with a 440 votes while komoesensei has 404 votes. If you had time why support komoe to win?

I can't vote in saimoe my ip is ban.

Kiharai is broken for a normal mad scientist. Even if his the one in charge of creating the ability of accelerator to pull it out is really stunning and shocking. Total salute on the broken scientist even if his in sub particles or maybe his cells are also vaporized thanks to awaken accelerator.
Old 2010-09-03, 05:50   Link #4248
oldmanpoo

You're right about the unbelievability of Kihara's abilities. For someone who I believe had no powers, to have the necessary reflexes and strength to pull off what he did is truly insane (a stretch even). But, he was the leader of the Hound Dogs after all. He undoubtedly had military or combat experience.

And I never liked Haruhi anyway, so I suppose I'll vote for Komoe. But as moe as she is, she kind of creeps me out with the whole "Andy Milonakis disorder" (Wikipedia, look it up) thing she has going on. I thought she was just a child genius teacher (ala Becky from Pani Poni Dash) when they first introduced her, but after finding out she's an adult...

Anyway, R.I.P. Kihara. In hell.
Old 2010-09-03, 09:07   Link #4249
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Lolis: Giving strength to men since 1998.
Actually, Accelerator is powered by lolis(Misaka Network).

Kanzaki SS has reached the 8th part and has already finished, heck, the battle looks so epicbut the besides the illustration the pic I got has a godawful resolution.
Spoiler for talking about big swords:
Old 2010-09-03, 09:28   Link #4250
tsunade666

That's one of the few saits. Brunhild Eikdopr (pretty nasty spelling name .... I wonder how they choose the names) A valkyrie if I remember it right.

Talking about fire power. as expected of the child's of god.
Old 2010-09-03, 10:32   Link #4251
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for talking about big swords:
Quote:
Talking about fire power. as expected of the child's of god.

It's the weapon. The weapon she is wielding is Odin's. I can't remember if it's actually his legendary spear Gungnir, but I believe it's supposed to be. It gives Brunhild power over "nature's elements". Basically, she becomes a walking natural disaster. The huge storm in the sky and the earthquake that cracks open the earth and spews out lava are among it's abilities. An absurdly powerful weapon.
Old 2010-09-03, 11:19   Link #4252
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
It's the weapon. The weapon she is wielding is Odin's. I can't remember if it's actually his legendary spear Gungnir, but I believe it's supposed to be. It gives Brunhild power over "nature's elements". Basically, she becomes a walking natural disaster. The huge storm in the sky and the earthquake that cracks open the earth and spews out lava are among it's abilities. An absurdly powerful weapon.
Well if the weapon is labeled at a godlike level is not surprising.

Just look at our current weapons:

- Seven Swords, Seven Heavens is the most normal weapon among them.
- Etzali's obsidian spear which destroys everything it reaches.
- Durendal, gathers the energy from the frenchs.
- Ascalon, holy sword of about 3.5 m and weights about 200kg with seven magic glows and a hiden weapon used to slay dragon-kun by St.George.
- Curtana, grants the power of Michael to the holder.
- Fiamma's flamming sword which is abusurdly big, about 40 Km.

EDIT:
I found a better version for the vol.22 preview:

Quote:
Desire to protect a girl, will the three boys feelings reach through? The story of Science and Magic, finally at the climax!

The last member of the roman catholics dark side, "Gods right seat" Fiamma of the right.

The giant fortress "The Star of Betlehem" floating through the air space of an Russia engulfed in the third world war.

It was said to "save" all of humanity not just believers of christianity, but had the meaning of bringing destruction of unprecedent levels in human history.

While Fiamma calls this "purification" the three boys keep fighting, holding their seperate feelings.

Hamazura Shiage, after finally curing Rikou Takitsubo moved to protect the Kremlin Report before anything happens, and runs into his old nemesis Mugino Shizuri.

Accelerator having barely left the Archangel Misha, in order to save Last Order comes upon "A Certain Solution". However that was surely a prohibited method.

And Kamijou Touma, in order to stop the "Star of betlehem" plan, in order to save Index, challenges Fiamma alone...!

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-09-03 at 12:51.
Old 2010-09-03, 16:05   Link #4253
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wonder why didn't Fiamma just crush Academy City with his Holy Right to make sure he'll have no hindrance to his plan. I'm pretty sure that ridiculously large sword of his can easily slice the city in half with one swing.

I also doubt how the other characters besides Touma will be any help to fight against Fiamma. Mikoto's Railgun is nothing compare to the super overpower several of characters from magic's side have. I'm pretty sure she'd have been slice in half or crushed to death by Accelerator within 5 seconds. And yeah, a lot of people from magic's side seem to have to same level in power as Accelerator. Hamazura was cool and seemed to put a good fight (although lost terribly) against Accelerator although Accelerator didn't even use 1% of his power imo.

And from TAMNI vol. 8, isn't a teleporter very powerful and scary!? They (Kuroko) can teleport things to another person's body, which can injure them.

We actually have no need to know about the rest of Level 5 espers, their power are pretty overwhelmed by Accelerator alone. I doubt they'll be of any use against the enemies with god-like power like God's RIght Seats' members, Accelerator, saints, valkyries, angels, England's knights etc.
Old 2010-09-03, 16:23   Link #4254
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I wonder why didn't Fiamma just crush Academy City with his Holy Right to make sure he'll have no hindrance to his plan. I'm pretty sure that ridiculously large sword of his can easily slice the city in half with one swing. [...]
Fiamma can't go fight Academy City due to Crowley's Artificial Heaven (aka Imaginary Number Sector) - fighting seriously at Science Side's home ground is near suicidal for magicians, even if they're God's Right Seat. A magician will just implode if they try to use magic within a large amount of AIM field, as Vent found the hard way when Crowley used the Artificial Heaven for a test run in vol12-3 and not using its full power.
Old 2010-09-03, 21:27   Link #4255
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Fiamma can't go fight Academy City due to Crowley's Artificial Heaven (aka Imaginary Number Sector) - fighting seriously at Science Side's home ground is near suicidal for magicians, even if they're God's Right Seat. A magician will just implode if they try to use magic within a large amount of AIM field, as Vent found the hard way when Crowley used the Artificial Heaven for a test run in vol12-3 and not using its full power.
Send Aqua of the back :P He can solo even if depowered to a cripple human.
Old 2010-09-03, 22:44   Link #4256
oldmanpoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
And from TAMNI vol. 8, isn't a teleporter very powerful and scary!? They (Kuroko) can teleport things to another person's body, which can injure them.
Probably much worse than that. Picture this. One minute you're standing there, the next a fork materializes in your head.

I've always wondered, since it's been stressed many times that a teleportation attack is a direct point-to-point attack, doesn't follow a path within our 3-dimensional realm, and can basically ignore all barriers in between the point it's teleported and the target location, would it be able to bypass Accelerator's Vector Change ability?
Old 2010-09-03, 22:53   Link #4257
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Lesser gods or deity? I think they are called lords because in biblical words their can only be one god and lots of "lords" the know one god, the three persona's with also hierarchy on them.
father, son and holy spirit.

As for Still on Aiwass. If we look at it on different perspective. He could still be an angel but not a christian angel because his the one who appeared on Crowley that teaches him about things and whole law of his sect and thus the birth of the book of law.

His still an angel but not your christian angel.

But if you look at it on christian perspective. An angel that doesn't work for the one true god then his a fallen angel, a devil. So him being a dragon can also be true if he doesn't work for the god and if we based it on his doings. He advice Accelerator to go to russia and if his a christian angel they shouldn't do such thing. Christian angels doesn't have the right to intervene in real world without the order of god. But this Aiwass girl is just keep on doing it. I'm not sure on Hyoka but Hyouka still go to russia to save index but who tell her to go their?

Then in vol 21 this guy/girl start to get interest on the boy who holds the imagine breaker. And him being interested on you means bad news.
Hyouka was allowed to go to Russia by Aiwass. The thing wants to spread the AIM field over the Russian hinterlands
Old 2010-09-03, 22:55   Link #4258
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanpoo View Post
Probably much worse than that. Picture this. One minute you're standing there, the next a fork materializes in your head.

I've always wondered, since it's been stressed many times that a teleportation attack is a direct point-to-point attack, doesn't follow a path within our 3-dimensional realm, and can basically ignore all barriers in between the point it's teleported and the target location, would it be able to bypass Accelerator's Vector Change ability?

Accelerator can reflect objects coming in from the 11th dimension. No, it wasn't shown, but he had a little monologue in his head when he's trying to figure out why he wasn't able to control magic and instead only able to render them harmless.

Though he said that "From experience, Accelerator learned that something strange would happen in the 3rd dimension while reflecting teleport type abilities, but that's a different thing."

Also, teleportation might not be as instant as people thought, Awaki's 4000kg object requires a few seconds to Materialize into this plane, maybe all those smaller objects might have a lag time, no matter how short.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-09-03 at 23:32.
Old 2010-09-03, 23:06   Link #4259
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
It is a wild claim precisely because there is no in-universe evidence to support it. Aiwass is at the top of the chart because it has semi-omnipotence (semi-omniscient, semi-omnipresent). It knows about Index, it knows about Angel Fall and Fiamma's plan (to the point where it sends Kazakiri against Gabriel instead, claiming it wouldn't be 'fun' if it would just do it itself -- this is where the quote "Aiwass is far above conventional Angels, including Archangels" comes from), and it even knows about Crowley's web of plans. This is further supported by the phrase "DRAGON is everywhere".

Oh, and yes, apparently, Fiamma is now stronger than 100% Gabriel, thanks to his latest power-up. As I understand it, he only needs one more ingredient, the Imagine Breaker, in order to achieve the goal of GRS: La Persona superior a Dio. Keep up with the times.
So....?

He's still utilizing another Archangel's power. That of Michael. How is that " La persona superior a Dios?"
Old 2010-09-03, 23:16   Link #4260
Flere821
Lurker

Here's some more info from Vol21 if anyone's interested:

Ch7 pt7: Bishop Nikolai and Fiamma both planned to double-cross each other at 1st chance, and Fiamma out manuvoured Nikolai easily. In anger Nikolai ordered a full-scale strike on the Star of Bethlehem.
Stiyl's fighting against Index and he's only lasting so far by using the traps inside the Necessarius HQ normally used for intruders. Other nuns from Necessarius came in and tried to help but got owned in one hit by Index. Their battle continues on.

Ch7, Intermission 5: Mikoto and #10777 plans to get onboard the Star of Bethlehem. #10777 suggested using a missile from a nearby base, launch it and use their abilities to latch on to it by using magnetism and fly up there. Mikoto basically said 'screw you, I'm not risking that hitting Touma'.
#10777 asked Mikoto about her Gekota phone accessorie, and Mikoto replied she got it with Touma on 9/30. #10777 mutters the regardless it being #10032's necklace or Mikoto, those stationed at Academy City have too much advantage on the home field. #10777 is planning to change her tactics to accomdate for the fact she and Touma are far away for the relationship.
#10777 received info from the other Misaka clones, that Nikolai is planning a mass bombardment with all of the nuclear missiles Russia have against the Star of Bethlehem, left over from Soviet Russia.

My comments: wow, every Misaka clone is chasing after Touma (as if that wasn't clear enough back in Vol12 when one clone tried dieting tactics and hid it from others), independant from every other Misaka... I dunno whether to call Touma a lucky B@st@rd or to pity him - a 9,000+ way esper free-for-all combat for his heart is definitely going to be messy xD
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen