AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-13, 05:34   Link #10201
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
All the experiment did was give him the ability to use flash cast if I remember correctly. The experiment was deemed a failure as the objective was to make him be able to use magic normally. He did not need the experiment to become overpowered or to have a better future. The only reason for the experiment was the Yotsuba's inflexible thinking and traditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Tatsuya gained the ability to use normal magic but in a much cheap prossessing ability, much inferior to the norm.

Its not just the Yotsuba tradition but most of the TMC; dont forget Tatsuya is a direct descendant to the Yotsuba and the eldest son. They dont want to publicize him as a Yotsuba because they deemed him as a failure, but cant withstand the fact that the eldest son and a direct descendant can only use 2 type of magic. If you think like that you can understand that what Yotsuba did was to give Tatsuya a chance to redeem as the next head for the Yotsuba family but failed so, they gave the position to Miyuki because Yotsuba created a monster or rather a god that can only be controled by Miyiki
THESE!!

Well, in any case, the Yotsuba brought it all by themselves:

_ Forcing the marriage between Tatsurou and Miya because they desired his large tank of Psion count.

_ Then they got the eldest son who is an OP irregular yet refuse to except him

_ Performing the experiment in order for him to "fit" their ideology. The experiment failed (well, not a complete failure but still not anywhere near successful in their eyes).

_ Not only that, Tatsuya has become even more of an irregular (minimum to no emotion, enhanced Flash Cast ...etc...), and if not for Miyuki, he wouldn't give a sh*t about them (in exchange, he doesn't feel angry or resentful against what they had done to him).

Well, as many have said countless times before: "Karma is a b!tch !!!"
Old 2014-02-13, 06:29   Link #10202
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:

That wasnt Honoka; it was Shizuku whos she was talking to.

My mistake. I meant Shizuku. Honoka was the one Tatsuya was talking to.
Old 2014-02-13, 19:40   Link #10203
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
All the experiment did was give him the ability to use flash cast if I remember correctly. The experiment was deemed a failure as the objective was to make him be able to use magic normally. He did not need the experiment to become overpowered or to have a better future. The only reason for the experiment was the Yotsuba's inflexible thinking and traditions.
Not JUST flash cast. Like you said, if not for the experiment, he would not be able to cast ANY regular magics, just variations of decomposition, regrowth, and possibly elemental sight.
Old 2014-02-14, 04:35   Link #10204
pampz21
ShipCore

Lol I almost died while rereading the beach ch I forgot to breathe then started coughing like hell; its where Erika wants to atone for her ackward moment.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-02-14, 05:31   Link #10205
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Lol I almost died while rereading the beach ch I forgot to breathe then started coughing like hell; its where Erika wants to atone for her ackward moment.
Tatsuya should have this expression:
Spoiler:
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-02-14, 05:58   Link #10206
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Tatsuya should have this expression:
Spoiler:
Lol man; really those two are really dazzling~★

Icantwaitforittobeanimated

Really Erika knows how to read the mood but she still get sulky when it involves Tatsuya and another girl except for Miyuki#!
I say its mutual understanding between the two; it happend at the airport to when she stopped Honoka from interfering with Lina & Miyuki/Tatsuya?

Btw im probably reading too much to it but; Tatsuya's attitude to Honoka and Shizuku are pretty different to his attitude towards his own friends; its like their still a wall beside them;

PS: lol at Tatsuya's comment to Miki and Leo's swimming race' he thinks they developed intimacy with each other

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-02-14, 10:41   Link #10207
millie10468

I don't understand this thing with Erika. Don't get me wrong, I like Erika and I'm not saying it's a bad ship. It's just that... I don't see it? *No Killing, Please* I've even gone back and reread the whole novel with the eyes of a TatsxErika shipper... but it's still not clear at all. Just my opinion,but whatever's there is even lesser than TatsXHonoka, and there's a whole lot of nothing there from Tat's side, imho. So I'm a bit confused. What exactly is powering that ship? I mean, unless I'm just blind, isn't the author going LeoxErika? All of a sudden it seems like TatsxErika is canon, or is it just a harem thing of pairing the mc with all possible options?
Old 2014-02-14, 10:54   Link #10208
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
I don't understand this thing with Erika. Don't get me wrong, I like Erika and I'm not saying it's a bad ship. It's just that... I don't see it? *No Killing, Please* I've even gone back and reread the whole novel with the eyes of a TatsxErika shipper... but I still don't see it. Just my opinion,but whatever's there is even lesser than TatsXHonoka, and there's a whole lot of nothing there from Tat's side, imho. So I'm a bit confused. What exactly is powering that ship? I mean, unless I'm just blind, isn't the author going LeoxErika? All of a sudden it seems like TatsxErika is canon, or is it just a harem thing of pairing the mc with all possible options?
There's a whole lot of nothing from Tats side towards everyone but Miyuki. If you're not seeing the Tats x Erika possibilities then its probably just because you have your mind closed to it. most ship pairings come from how fans think a pair would work, but there is evidence that suggests Erica has feelings for tats. you just have to look past the seemingly obvious leo pairing.
Old 2014-02-14, 10:56   Link #10209
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
There's a whole lot of nothing from Tats side towards everyone but Miyuki. If you're not seeing the Tats x Erika possibilities then its probably just because you have your mind closed to it. most ship pairings come from how fans think a pair would work, but there is evidence that suggests Erica has feelings for tats. you just have to look past the seemingly obvious leo pairing.
So it wasn't that I was missing something? B'cos it felt like people were seeing obvious things that I couldn't
Old 2014-02-14, 11:11   Link #10210
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
I don't understand this thing with Erika. Don't get me wrong, I like Erika and I'm not saying it's a bad ship. It's just that... I don't see it? *No Killing, Please* I've even gone back and reread the whole novel with the eyes of a TatsxErika shipper... but it's still not clear at all. Just my opinion,but whatever's there is even lesser than TatsXHonoka, and there's a whole lot of nothing there from Tat's side, imho. So I'm a bit confused. What exactly is powering that ship? I mean, unless I'm just blind, isn't the author going LeoxErika? All of a sudden it seems like TatsxErika is canon, or is it just a harem thing of pairing the mc with all possible options?
Its just the Erika fans trying to make something out of nothing, its been quite clear, from tats side, that he doesnt harbour any of those feelings for Erika or anyone else, the most is for Miyuki he cares for her as a sister, nothing more (its just that the only "strong" emotions he can feel is for Miyuki, making it abit intense). Its been fairly obvious that the author is trying to pair Erika up with Leo, we will likely see them get together or at least made more obvios sometime within the second year. Likewise, its also been hinted that Erika cares more for leo then tats, and even if thats wrong, tats will reject her like he did honoka should Erika confess.
Old 2014-02-14, 11:18   Link #10211
Ultragunner

Quote:
I know how ya feel , oh well, let them enjoy the shipping before the, you know almighty you-know-who claims her rightful place beside Tatsuya
Old 2014-02-14, 13:37   Link #10212
TonyC1994
Unknown

I just want to confirm something regarding with Tatsuya's powers.

So he's not regarded as a true Magician because he can't alter Eidos? However he can restore, decompose and actually see the Eidos, is that right?
Old 2014-02-14, 13:40   Link #10213
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
I just want to confirm something regarding with Tatsuya's powers.

So he's not regarded as a true Magician because he can't alter Eidos? However he can restore, decompose and actually see the Eidos, is that right?
Pretty good for the first time. Yes. Everything you said is correct.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-02-14 at 18:21.
Old 2014-02-14, 13:54   Link #10214
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Pretty good for the fist time. Yes. Everything you said is correct.
Alright thanks. This is my second time rereading through, the first time I just kind of skimmed past most of the magic terminology and started to regret it.
Old 2014-02-14, 18:34   Link #10215
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Tatsuya X Erika is canon (refer to vol. 10)
Erika doesnt show passion for Tatsuya in earlier vol. thats why Honaka has more scene with Tatsuya; as far as I know there are two types of love: Love @ first sight=Honoka; and long term development(oblivious @ first) this category applies to both Miyuki and Erika. If you dont look closely you'll miss hidden signs by the author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
ErikaXLeo in truth is pretty obvious to the public because of their constant proximate with ea other, Tatsuya even stated that they are "a perfect pair" but vol.1,3,4,7,10 clearly shows that Erika only sees Leo as a friend and that according to Miyuki/Mizuki, Erika hold a different value for Tatsuya that they proclaimed as love; Tatsuya & Erika are birds with the same feather kind of thing both Personality & Background after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Its just the Erika fans trying to make something out of nothing, its been quite clear, from tats side, that he doesnt harbour any of those feelings for Erika or anyone else, the most is for Miyuki he cares for her as a sister, nothing more (its just that the only "strong" emotions he can feel is for Miyuki, making it abit intense). Its been fairly obvious that the author is trying to pair Erika up with Leo, we will likely see them get together or at least made more obvios sometime within the second year. Likewise, its also been hinted that Erika cares more for leo then tats, and even if thats wrong, tats will reject her like he did honoka should Erika confess.
Thats why its wierd; Tatsuya was experimented at an early age of 6...but it wouldnt be wierd that a 6 yrs old doesnt have much emotion; and living in a family like Yotsuba, you would never develop emotions due to your life being controled like a puppet.

Quote:
"At that time, I guess, I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered."
But he didnt state that it cant be learned??
Tatsuya now knows how to regret and feel guilty?#! those are strong emotion if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I know how ya feel , oh well, let them enjoy the shipping before the, you know almighty you-know-who claims her rightful place beside Tatsuya
Yeah let me enjoy the peace and tranquility!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-02-14, 18:39   Link #10216
Javani

Quote:
No you are not blind, ErikaXTatsuya is nonexistent
Old 2014-02-14, 18:48   Link #10217
Hiyono

Quote:
canon
I do not think it means what you think it means.
Old 2014-02-14, 19:05   Link #10218
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javani View Post
No you are not blind, ErikaXTatsuya is nonexistent
Hell, TatsuyaXAnyone is just about nonexistent due to his circumstances, so I don't really understand why people are trying to find evidence of his pairings at all.

Instead, it would be more interesting to find out who has feelings for him.
Miyuki
Honoka
Erika
Mayumi
Angelina
Shizuku(?)

Not to mention a majority of the female Nine School competitors' are pretty grateful towards him...

Such a boss.
Old 2014-02-14, 19:10   Link #10219
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Hell, TatsuyaXAnyone is just about nonexistent due to his circumstances, so I don't really understand why people are trying to find evidence of his pairings at all.

Instead, it would be more interesting to find out who has feelings for him.
Miyuki
Honoka
Erika
Mayumi
Angelina
Shizuku(?)

Not to mention a majority of the female Nine School competitors' are pretty grateful towards him...

Such a boss.
I agree with everything you said.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-02-14, 19:12   Link #10220
Flere821
Lurker

Erika's the girl that gets shipped with a lot of characters in Hahouka, IMHO

-We have the obvious choice of Leo, considering how those two interact as foils to each other. In many cases Tatsuya make fun of this pairing as well, such as when those two went training during the Vampire arc.

-Mikihiko, the childhood friend, who knows Erika quite well. He also often play support for Erika when things get tough (again, Vampire Arc when those two team up at first). Mikihiko cares about Erika as well, considering he asked Tatsuya to keep an eye out for the Rozen family in case they try to go after her during the Double 7 arc.

-Finally, there's Tatsuya himself. Like-minded individuals in what they perceive Magicians to be and how to act as one. Also plenty of scenes together (eg 1st arc with him showing her around the school). Though IMO Tatsuya's out of Erika's league
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings