Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 01:18   Link #4061
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I'd say Godou's too kind hearted especially considering the amount restrictions that Verethragna authorities have and that they can only be used once a day even if Godou didn't care about the destruction caused he would still be fighting with one hand tied behind his back because of his powers limits.
That's why I said Goudo should just be ruthless tyrant like Voban or Luo Hao.

Normal human as a whole isn't any better than the campione. They fear campione because they are so powerful it's hopeless to fight against, while looking down on people they deem as inferior.

Erica always take extreme prejudice against the idiot trio when they try to peek, destroying school property in the process, every time. Yet she nag at Goudo for destroying public property, when Goudo fight against god...

I believe I said it so many times already that the characters in this series are people who love to criticize others, while they always do the same.

In the above regard though, Goudo does realize that he's no different from the rest of campione, but still try to be as normal as possible.

Also, the very cause of the destruction of property in vol. 5, is Ena, proving that anyone who are powerful are ready to abuse their power, or in this real world, firepower.

The human in this LN make me sick in regard to their claim that campione wreck too many things. There are things that can't be done without sacrificing something in return...

I hope Goudo will grow and learn that what he has done isn't so bad considering the circumstance. He can just leave the gods to wreck havoc on earth alone, maybe Japan will sink along with those annoying peaceful people who always complain...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 01:48   Link #4062
havensgate
skull one

godou become campione for half year? a year?
i think his behaviour is just transition from normal human to campione, thats why godou still trying to maintain his common sense.
imagine how will godou behave in, let say, ten years? after all that battle, all that nagging, his motto will be " i do what i want, where i want, and with who i want"
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 02:19   Link #4063
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I think about 1/2 a year, and he have fought more Gods and Campione then any others had in those few months.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 02:45   Link #4064
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I think about 1/2 a year, and he have fought more Gods and Campione then any others had in those few months.
Well, the king of the end is gonna wake up soon anyway. Maybe it's a sign.
Old 2012-09-22, 02:53   Link #4065
havensgate
skull one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, the king of the end is gonna wake up soon anyway. Maybe it's a sign.
and when he wake up: "i'm still sleepy, give me 5 minute..er..millenia" and then he goes to sleep again
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:17   Link #4066
iK@r0s

thnx for the translation on vol.9 zzhk
Old 2012-09-22, 03:23   Link #4067
erdii

thanks for volume 9 but doesn't anyone translating volume 8 first and second chapter ?
Old 2012-09-22, 03:27   Link #4068
zzhk
Summary Machine

All you need is V8 Chapter 4 to connect to Volume 9.

Chapters 1 and 2 is just comedy (summarized earlier in this thread) while Chapter 3 is about Salvatore and how loli-Erica and loli-Liliana found their swords.

Just be patient and whoever is working on them will finish eventually.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 05:06   Link #4069
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
and when he wake up: "i'm still sleepy, give me 5 minute..er..millenia" and then he goes to sleep again
LOL, and millenia later he/she does the same thing again.

Thank for the updates zzhk and @erdii, Kadi is translating those chapter but please don't hussle the translators. REMEMBER they too have a LIFE and they are translating for free, so let them do translating on theirs own paces.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2012-09-22, 06:57   Link #4070
muk

so this fight with the split athena didn't happen in the light novel at all? or is there still potential for a 2nd season the way they are ending the anime?
muk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 07:30   Link #4071
Awrya
U mad?

Split didn't happen in in the novel.
If they make S2, the pace needs to slow down a lot, 5 LN for one 1cour is a bit too much.
Old 2012-09-22, 07:32   Link #4072
muk

i know it didn't happen in vol 5. i am asking if it's similar to vol 9 so that season 2 has any potential or if they just killed it.
muk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 08:03   Link #4073
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muk View Post
i know it didn't happen in vol 5. i am asking if it's similar to vol 9 so that season 2 has any potential or if they just killed it.
Probably it's just anime original. Season 2? I don't want to get disappointed again
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:22   Link #4074
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
That's why I said Goudo should just be ruthless tyrant like Voban or Luo Hao.
I gotta disagree what he really needs to grow a bit of a spine with Yuri and the History Compilation Committee especially Yuri. Also I doubt you'd be happy with the results since pretty much it would prove all fears that have been expressed about Godou to be true if he goes evil.

Quote:
Normal human as a whole isn't any better than the campione. They fear campione because they are so powerful it's hopeless to fight against, while looking down on people they deem as inferior.

Erica always take extreme prejudice against the idiot trio when they try to peek, destroying school property in the process, every time. Yet she nag at Goudo for destroying public property, when Goudo fight against god...
I don't think Erica really cares that much about the destruction of property she just enjoys teasing and making Godou squirm. Also I'm only in vol 6 but how many more times does she use extreme prejudice on the trio of idiots there was that incident involving the old school and then there was the time she knocked out Takagi when he tried to kill himself and Godou really she went easy on him that time.

Quote:
I believe I said it so many times already that the characters in this series are people who love to criticize others, while they always do the same.

In the above regard though, Goudo does realize that he's no different from the rest of campione, but still try to be as normal as possible.
To be fair though out of Godou's core group Yuri's the only one that really seems to be a problem with this issue,Erica does brings it up to tease Godou and I'm sure he know her motivation, Liliana only asked him once or twice to try and keep the damage as much as possible, and Ena I'm not sure of yet.

Quote:
Also, the very cause of the destruction of property in vol. 5, is Ena, proving that anyone who are powerful are ready to abuse their power, or in this real world, firepower.
To be fair Ena was possessed by Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi during the actaul destruction of property part.

Quote:
The human in this LN make me sick in regard to their claim that campione wreck too many things. There are things that can't be done without sacrificing something in return...

I hope Goudo will grow and learn that what he has done isn't so bad considering the circumstance. He can just leave the gods to wreck havoc on earth alone, maybe Japan will sink along with those annoying peaceful people who always complain...
He already has Godou seems know what he is doing is a neccasary evil however if he stops caring as much as you seem to want him too I could see it quickly turning from a neccasary evil to a lesser of 2 evils situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I'm not really sure how his average compares to others but I'm sure only having his powers for a few months makes him more of a target plus two of his fights were essentially setup for Godou by 3rd parties.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:54   Link #4075
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Probably it's just anime original. Season 2? I don't want to get disappointed again
Same here, I don't want a second season and have it goes completely WTF.

The anime tend to change the story line, it would be some thing like this imagine the fight between Godou vs Sun Wukong and near the end of the fight sudden Athena popup and kill Sun Wukong.

Last edited by mike211; 2012-09-22 at 10:21.
Old 2012-09-22, 10:23   Link #4076
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
I gotta disagree what he really needs to grow a bit of a spine with Yuri and the History Compilation Committee especially Yuri. Also I doubt you'd be happy with the results since pretty much it would prove all fears that have been expressed about Godou to be true if he goes evil.
I find Yuri to be utterly annoying. I really loathe her. While it's bad if Goudo doesn't care about what he does and becomes a tyrant, don't you think that having someone nagging at you all time even for things you don't do is fucking annoying? And if he does something he'll just be accused of being a tyrant, when what Yuri does is borderline asshole victim. Goudo isn't omnipotent but she always nags about the damage he causes, in order to save the day...

The History Committee is a bunch of jerks who try to manipulate Goudo. The fight with gods in Japan mostly occur because of the 3rd party (he brought gorgonian there in vol. 1, but that's all). That bitch Kaoru always talks in a way to make Goudo feels guilty. Akamatsu is a very shady person as well.

Quote:
I don't think Erica really cares that much about the destruction of property she just enjoys teasing and making Godou squirm. Also I'm only in vol 6 but how many more times does she use extreme prejudice on the trio of idiots there was that incident involving the old school and then there was the time she knocked out Takagi when he tried to kill himself and Godou really she went easy on him that time.
Well, peeping doesn't sound too dangerous unless they have video camera to film (they deserve to die then). I think Erica is being too harsh on peeping while being too soft on them trying to hurt Goudo. As long as she doesn't deem as life danger, she'll let Goudo be beaten up and watch at how Goudo can solve the situation.

Erica doesn't seem to care about the damage, but she and Liliana usually bring those up to tease Goudo, which Goudo can't deny he's not responsible. But Goudo doesn't seem to grow a spine to say to them that the damage done at that is already fortunate compared to letting gods wrecking more havoc.

Quote:
To be fair though out of Godou's core group Yuri's the only one that really seems to be a problem with this issue,Erica does brings it up to tease Godou and I'm sure he know her motivation, Liliana only asked him once or twice to try and keep the damage as much as possible, and Ena I'm not sure of yet.
Erica mocked Bianci for believing he could confront and beat a campione like Goudo whom he viewed as a total amature who got lucky into defeating Verethragna, while she herself was so overconfident before about confronting god, bragging to her uncle that she might become another campione, before reduced into a trembling little girl in front of Melquart.

I think that Yuri really did something terrible when she blew out Alice's secret even unintentionally, like an ungrateful bitch.

Lucretia criticized Alec as being a mannerless irresponsible jerk while she didn't act like what a proper old lady should do and gave Prometheus tablet to Goudo for... well, probably it might become interesting...

Quote:
To be fair Ena was possessed by Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi during the actaul destruction of property part.
It's true Ena was possessed by the sword, but she was the one who started the whole thing. Susano-ou might give an order to her, but she gladly accepted it, and went totally overboard. She didn't receive a harsh punishment because her power is valuable too. Talk about how those in power always act irresponsibly.

Quote:
He already has Godou seems know what he is doing is a neccasary evil however if he stops caring as much as you seem to want him too I could see it quickly turning from a neccasary evil to a lesser of 2 evils situation.
Necessary evil!? Well, at least he's not someone with well-intentioned mindset. It's like he has to choose 2 choices, between leaving things alone and left the world destroyed, or intervening and save the days, at the cost of some property damage from the fight. I think that the term necessary evil doesn't do what Goudo does justice.

And ordinary human act like ungrateful bastards. Well, they don't know the truth so it can't be helped, but don't you think it kind of hurts, the feeling of someone trying to save people, only to have them shouting back at you that you're suppose to save them sooner...
Old 2012-09-22, 11:14   Link #4077
XFire
150% done

I think the ideal version of Godou would be for his personality to be the same as Youth-mode all the time. That'd turn the novel into hentai, though.

Seriously though, all of the characters are slowly getting over there main flaws. Erica doesn't seem like a manipulative jerk, Yuri isn't "nagging" as much, Liliana isn't as uptight an overly serious, and Ena... actually Ena hasn't changed at all, befitting of a troll character.
Old 2012-09-22, 13:35   Link #4078
Yye1
Wide Right

which page is the summary of chap 1 and 2 of vol 8 on?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 13:55   Link #4079
Kadi
知識の探求者

People sure are desperate these days... do they think this'll make me work faster? Let me tell you then: it doesn't. Why are there so few people saying "Hey, Kadi, I'm really looking forward to V8C1, take your time and make sure it's a great read!"?
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 13:58   Link #4080
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
which page is the summary of chap 1 and 2 of vol 8 on?
You're probably referring to this.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem