AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 24 (FINAL) Rating
Perfect 10 210 67.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 19.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 2.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.64%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-18, 07:19   Link #161
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
great anime its so sad that it is the final episode

waaaaa
Old 2007-09-18, 07:46   Link #162
game2007

You want an anime that never ends? Doraemon is there for you! Has been airing since the 1980s and still going. Crayon Shin-Chan is another one that doesn't seem to be ending anytime. Both are still extremely popular in Japan and all over Asia.
Old 2007-09-18, 08:07   Link #163
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Wow, guess it's finally over, first series I've watched "live" to the end as well.

Yeah, this episode was alright I thought, maybe it's because of my sleep deprived state I didn't find it all that wonderful and only laughed once or twice.

Either way it was an awesome ride, I'm sad it's gone but there's plenty of room for extra seasons 'n that, so hope will remain.

And LOL! at the T.B.A title.

Yeah I said lol.
Old 2007-09-18, 09:04   Link #164
HandofFate

Great series. So moved, I let a few tears fall T_T

Did anyone else start getting light-headed during the dance at the end due to the crazy amount of armpit fanservice? I was.
*swoon*
Old 2007-09-18, 09:08   Link #165
Joachim
et tu, brute?

a good series indeed, at 1st episode of lucky star i was like.. "i don't get some of the joke but well.." but after watching more and more, i fall in love deeper to this series, so sad it has to end gee..

anyway am i the only one who see the hiiragi twins (Tsukasa & kagami) == fujibayashi twins (ryou & kyou), both twins have same traits, one is tsundere and other is clumsy.. not to mention one has longer hair than the other one X D
Old 2007-09-18, 09:12   Link #166
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Great series it really felt like the KyoAni decided to make a series specially for me. Nothing to deep, just good clean fun and no overthetop humor. Just laid back fun. The only other anime makes me feel this way is Azumanga Daioh (school rumble got close).
Old 2007-09-18, 09:23   Link #167
Joachim
et tu, brute?

heh, at first i also feel this anime is similiar to azumanga = P~ which is also one of my favourite
Old 2007-09-18, 09:54   Link #168
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80 View Post
I loved the ending, a perfect 10. But the overall series gets an 8 for me. Maybe because I watched Azumanga first, I always compare this series to that. And while the jokes in LS is funny now, no one will get it 5 years from now. LS's scene transition is often very abrupt, it doesn't have the flow of Azu.

A lot of people are hoping for a second season, I would have to say no. I hope they leave the ending here. I would rather assume they all went to different college together than another series about them going to the same college where the jokes will be similar and they rehash the same stuff. Let KyoAni spent their time and budget on Clannad (and maybe Planatarian instead).
Holy smokes, I was about to write almost the exact same things! Get out of my mind!

I'm a huge AzuDai fan, so I kept seeing gags reused from that anime too often. It's possible that the jokes were coincidence, homages, or simply accidents of memory on the part of the writers who thought they made the jokes themselves. However, there was so much more to this anime that I was able to "domai".

Overall, I really liked this anime. Konata's high self-confidence while being an uber-otaku is an inspiration to us all. I was also always pleasantly surprised when aspects of her otaku life were the same as mine.

This final episode seemed to go very quickly for me, I was amazed that it was the usual 24 minutes. I'm happy that they didn't get too emotional on us, it would not have fit this anime.

Next stop for me is the third season of Aria; I'm not following anything else. But like how I found Lucky*Star, I'll stumble over a great anime soon. This hobby is the best that ever was, there's always something unexpected to look forward to.

-k

curious
Old 2007-09-18, 09:59   Link #169
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I concur that anyone who enjoyed Lucky*Star's 'character study' style and subtle humor should take a look at Azumanga Daioh if they haven't already. Its almost like trying to claim you're literate without having read Shakespeare (okay, not that bad but you do take a credibility hit otherwise ).

One also has to remember that some "jokes" or situations are just universal .... it isn't a rip of AzuDa to do those situations again with these personalities. Every sitcom in existence runs through similar joke lines -- its the execution and the choice of personalities to involve that make it remain entertaining.
Old 2007-09-18, 10:45   Link #170
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

One thing that impresses me is that I enjoyed LS a lot even though I didn't understand a lot of the cultural references at first, which made it a great learning medium, but also I wonder how much more I could have enjoyed it if I was more aware?
Old 2007-09-18, 10:45   Link #171
darksider

Now I've watched it and, well, what to write...

Mostly they did greatest work for the final episode, I guess.
The most surprising part (maybe not totally unexpected though) is that the whole episode is based on the script by the original author Yoshimizu himself!

If the pinnacle of Kyoani spirit is in ep.12, the supreme work of art is in ep.22, and the greatest adaptation of the original 4-koma is in ep.23, this episode is the ideal ending for the TV series and, more than that, I think it finally made me realize what Lucky Star really is.

All of the major characters are drawn lively, even more so than ep.23.
And it's really thought-out as the final episode for the TV series after all. Yay!

My rating for this episode finally is 9.9 and -0.3 for Shiraishi ending which left so much to be desired. (rounded to 10 nevertheless)
But, on second thought, I also think this 'imperfection' is intended for some reason, maybe. (thus it's only -0.3 instead of -0.5)

And the last scene, although it was well timed for the ending of the story I guess,
I wanted yell at the cat-thing, "Wha, is it over? Heeey! Don't sleep there!!"

Spoiler for random thoughts:

Last edited by darksider; 2007-09-18 at 12:23.
Old 2007-09-18, 11:14   Link #172
Tsukiyoshi
Temporal terrene totality

Send a message via MSN to Tsukiyoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyoshi
Lucky!

Wow, it's over...

The final episode is great, a whole episode to close the series. The Shiraishi ending doesn't seem to fit this episode though I couldn't help but laugh at it... but still.
I wish there were more but theres no room for season 2...
Well time to buy a MS dedicated to Lucky Star!

Loved the poke poke poke scene and all the Kagami tsundere-ness!

I say a perfect 10 is fitting to this great series. I lol-ed from beginning to end!

No more sausages! T.T
Old 2007-09-18, 11:16   Link #173
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Oh, come on, there was at least one Haruhi reference per episode. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but let's be realistic here: there were a lot of Haruhi references--on the overall picture, they probably summed up about half of the total references. It's not bad, it's just a way of doing humor. It's not of my particular taste, so after the first episodes, the Haruhi jokes just started to bother me (I was a tad like "Not again!"). I got a bit happier from episode 17 onwards, since it seemed like the Haruhi references slowed down a bit (though we'd still see one or two per episode), and there was more manga material and more slice of life humor.
By pure number I can almost guarantee you that the total number of Haruhi references did not reach anywhere near half of the total otaku references for the show. They were just the most noticeable since 99 percent of the folks that watched LS had already watched Haruhi, and relatively recently.
Old 2007-09-18, 11:17   Link #174
Tatsumiko
*Artist

;_;....its over

;_;...
Old 2007-09-18, 11:18   Link #175
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
It's interesting that Patty didn't understand the word 'ceremony' at first, which is a loan word from English in katakana.
you'd be surprised when you start studying Japanese is that the most difficult words to understand are the Nipponified English words you stumble upon here and there... *shivers*
Old 2007-09-18, 11:55   Link #176
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
People have mentioned the ending as sort of a dividing point between the early and later part of the episode, where peoples views start to get mixed. To be honest, I was expecting an ending like this where the girls danced to an opening theme.

To be perfectly honest actually (as opposed to just honest), I was actually expecting something more quirky to end it off related to promoting the next work, which would be Clannad. Something like a rendition of that shows music or them getting the characters from that show on to dance to the music, but I knew there would need to be a dance number to close the show. Another thing I thought they might do was to suddenly switch to live action versions of the Seiyuu in cosplay dancing to the opening theme. I mean can you even imagine how crazy all the fans over in Japan would go if they did that. Through the roof might become a literal expression.

Seriously though, the thing that started it all was the opening dance number, it was a hit. In order to bring about the best possible reaction for the closing to the show, it's only natural that their would be an encore for Motekke Sailor Fuku. Now from my standpoint I would have preferred more character time to all this, but from a logical perspective, looking at how you'd want the fans to react at the conclusion to a show (In my view the answer to the question, "What is the best way to end a show?", is to summarize it using one of the major themes present throughout, and when you acknowledge Otakuism being a major theme for LS, coupled with how popular the dance was, you have your answer in hand) I think it's safe to say that this is what any right thinking scripter would design for their ending. Overall my feelings are pretty ambivelant to how it ended, which is why I gave it an 8.
Old 2007-09-18, 11:58   Link #177
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

good point by darksider.

In the manga did anyone got Ayano mad at any point? She's like a Tsukasa clone and a background character in the anime, but Misao said she's scary when angry. Must be Banner's long lost daughter from a Japanese girl.
Old 2007-09-18, 12:07   Link #178
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well the difference to me between azu and this is that azu made me truely love the characters for how they where. L*S made me love...The seiyuus lol. I guess it was just too many in-jokes and references but I never really got to really see most of the characters for who they where. Too many times I was reminded "Yea thats Aya doing konata".

So where as azu made its own isolated special world through the anime L*S felt the need to drag everything back to reality all too often. Not that thats a huge crime since I laughed hard at alot of episodes, but at the end of the show I can't really say as I sympathised or really cared much about barely any of the characters maybe save kagamin.

Great funny show for sure...But kinda feel flat when it came to pacing and generating memorable characters for me atleast...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-09-18, 12:16   Link #179
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

And so with this final episode of Lucky Star, the second of the handful of animes I've been following this year comes to an end.

It's been a great ride. Some laugh-out-loud funny moments, and many more smiley skits to remember fondly. I've watched and enjoyed Azumanga Daioh as well, so I was no stranger to 4-koma when I first started watching this show. What to say? Lucky Star had great energy and lovable characters, and I will miss it now that it's gone. All in all, life goes on.
Old 2007-09-18, 12:36   Link #180
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Wow, I can't believe this. I e-mailed Suzuki-sama about my "discovery" in reguard to the source of Minami and Yutaka's costume, and he updated his excellent Lucky Star Reference Blog. I guess gaijin-otas are a little useful after all.

It seemed the confusion comes when the the First Grade classroom blackboard displayed the program for their Zuka Kissa "Kaze Gumi", it listed character names from Takarazuka shows "バレンシアの熱い花" and "Elizabeth", so naturally the otas assumed that the costumes they wore came from those two shows. But it turn out they are from a third show. This is almost like a quiz for the Akiba-kei, since only house wifes and BL-lovers ever watch Takarazaku shows.

I think KyoAni has a Eva-like Otaku Grand Unification Program, where they aim to combine Akiba-kei and Fujoshi into one, united community of outlaws. "You love Lucky Star? Now go watch some girl make out with another crossplaying girl on stage!"
Closed Thread