Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-12, 22:02   Link #141
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
The standard etiquette these days is that you address the gender you're presented with. If Ozen is presenting as female, then you address her as "she," regardless of what's underneath.
By self-referring as "Boku" Marulk is effectively identifying as a cross-dressing boy. And it's strongly implied by the aftermath of his conversation with Reg that he's not doing so by choice.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 22:56   Link #142
Twi

Well... would you tell her 'No'? She scares me.
Old 2017-08-13, 01:28   Link #143
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
By self-referring as "Boku" Marulk is effectively identifying as a cross-dressing boy.
Ah, okay. Thanks, I missed that.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-13, 08:20   Link #144
Twi

Analysis video some might find interest:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-08-14, 07:39   Link #145
Boukenxha

Last week the episode ended right at Ozen making her first appearance, again this week we have the episode end at another cliffhanger right before a big reveal of sort.

Just what is that monster spooking around at night? Hmm I have some speculation in my head that its got to do with why Ozen is the Immovable. Can't wait to find out next week.

And I actually wondered if Marulk is a robot like Reg, but I guess I'm wrong lol
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 19:22   Link #146
Wandering Soul

I'm disappointed that we didn't see any other abyss divers there. Ozen even brought up the possibility that other people with whistles would start to question Riko and Reg as to why they were there, so I was expecting to see some more people.
Old 2017-08-14, 23:09   Link #147
Twi

To be fair, they've only been there for a night.
Old 2017-08-15, 06:49   Link #148
Only Anime
anime only

The town we saw is not that big and the actual divers look like a small minority. Meaning there can be always be only so many people on every level. The camp itself is already third level territory in a sense. It's not on the third level itself but if you don't have business on the third level you probably won't go there. It feels right to me that we don't see an expedition stopping over every day.
Only Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 23:13   Link #149
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

And...we don't know how many of those divers became food for the residents of those levels. It could be that only a small amount survives long enough to reach the Seeker Camp.
Old 2017-08-15, 23:32   Link #150
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
And...we don't know how many of those divers became food for the residents of those levels. It could be that only a small amount survives long enough to reach the Seeker Camp.
I am kinda of the same opinion.... The second level is supposed to be where things really begin to get dangerous.

For all we know the poor delver who was being eaten by the Corpse Weeper could be an illustration of this. :\
Old 2017-08-16, 13:47   Link #151
Kurapica

I like Ozen. She's hella shady but it was nice to see her give these brats a healthy dose of reality. Interesting stuff that the letter that "Lyza" sent might not even be real.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 02:34   Link #152
Xeiros

Made in Abyss Episode 7 Preview
Old 2017-08-18, 01:35   Link #153
IceHism

It's been 6 episodes and no one has suffered yet. When does the suffering start? That was the only reason why i even thought about picking this up. Because people were hyping it so much about how it's so dark. I've just been so meh about this series and bloggers keep trying to say this is aots. zzz.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 02:51   Link #154
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
It's been 6 episodes and no one has suffered yet. When does the suffering start? That was the only reason why i even thought about picking this up. Because people were hyping it so much about how it's so dark. I've just been so meh about this series and bloggers keep trying to say this is aots. zzz.
We're only on the second level. What did you expect?
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 03:41   Link #155
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
We're only on the second level. What did you expect?
For things to happen
Old 2017-08-18, 04:39   Link #156
jpwong

Quote:
For things to happen
Pretty sure things won't happen until next level at least (although I went back to the second episode when they explain the effects of different levels and noticed they only say stuff for levels 1, 2, 4 and 6th layers, does nothing "bad" get added on on the 3rd and 5th layers?). This base seems like the "last stop" were Reg and Riko can expect to get any sort of help before they go into the depths. Honestly if this weren't so short, I'd expect we'd be in for a training arc of some sort. They basically have Reg's Incinerator weapon as their only real protection and somehow I don't think that's going to cut it against monsters of the lower levels. Even assuming it can one shot anything it hits, Reg has to be able to hit it, and he's got to do it in a way that can't endanger Rico.

They really need something that's between total destruction and what probably amounts to "whacking the monster with a stick". Either that bunny that's in the ending with them is going to be packing some firepower, or Ozen's going to give them something that fits the bill. Maybe some of those "egg shaped" relics are like grenades or something
Old 2017-08-18, 05:20   Link #157
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
There is no sudden change of tone after a twist like it was in Madoka, so don't go expecting that, the change of tone is gradual, it grows slowly. (making expectations based on spoilers is a bad idea anyway, but it's only your own enjoyment being affected that way)
The people hyping this as a dark show were most likely thinking about the last layers stuff, which are still far, or may not even be included into this season.
Besides, even without the dark and edgy stuff the first episodes were enjoyable, better than most other shows this season according to many. (it may help this summer season feels weak, so this serie stands out more)

Last edited by Flower; 2017-08-18 at 22:53. Reason: Please .... no hints of future content, even under spoiler tags, okay? Thanks. :)
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 06:09   Link #158
IceHism

Oh great. So "aots" might not even cover the scenes that make it "aots" :thinking:
Well that's disappointing to hear.

I didn't expect anything like madoka. I personally thought madoka was plenty dark by ep1 which was easily distinguished by the superflat artstyle that shaft employed and the fact that it literally started in a pretty ominous fight scene with a completely distorted background and epic Kajiura music. I'd be hooked by ep1 if this was madoka or even close.
Old 2017-08-18, 10:34   Link #159
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 07

Excellent ... we finally are given some insight into Ozen and the sort of creature she is - pretty well done overall, and the bits and pieces of extra anime-only material added in are not disharmonious in any way to introducing her.
Old 2017-08-18, 12:49   Link #160
Only Anime
anime only

Weakest episode for me so far.

So Riko is a zombie that is just drawn to the abyss? In other words she just lost any agency whatsoever? I don't think I like this.

Ozen's turnaround felt wrong. As if the author had planned for the big reveal (plus adding more mysteries) and then the training chapter, then threw in a cheap action scene but couldn't quite decide how to bring the story back on track.
Only Anime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, dark fantasy, monsters, robot, science fiction