Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-17, 21:15   Link #1301
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wish it had been somebody other than Zorome who got to see this side of the city, because frankly, he's too dumb to truly understand the meaning of what he saw. His narration even said he eventually stopped thinking about it. Others would have probably been torn up about this. Well, I guess they wanted to show this to the audience without developing the plot too fast, so in that sense, he was the best choice. I wouldn't be surprised if the manga takes a different approach to save time, like it did with Mitsuru/Hiro.
I actually liked Zorome's exposition(or lack thereof) of this environment. There was a certain innocence(or naivete) to his understanding and curiosity of the situation that was appealing to me =03, although the 'coincidence' of that woman being affiliated with Zorome by-chance was not >=01. Still, rather than wonder about the city itself, it felt like an innocent inquiry about the people. I think if it were anyone else, they wouldn't have gotten less information about the people, and more about the city and its machinations, so I think this is a fair tradeoff.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-17, 22:24   Link #1302
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
This lead to another real life japan problem comparation, is from the low birth rates, currently researches in japan are showing which japanese population currently have grow more in "elders" and middle aged peoples than young adults and childrens, leading to a inbalance in economy and social leading to government get afraid in a future not too far, the amount of young peoples being not enough to take care for the old peoples, which looks like what was showed on this episode.
That's really a problem with most first world countries mind you. European and North American countries are largely getting around the problem with immigration. It might be more acute in Japan though.

The city is pretty messed up, but realistically it's the type of scenario a lot of people think could happen the moment something like Star Trek's holodeck gets invented...
Old 2018-03-17, 23:08   Link #1303
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh, this episode is actually good. I was afraid that Franxx will use the duration unwisely again. This is the first time where I actually feel really interested & invested about what's going on on the screen instead of going "Yeah either this or that is definitely going to happen *yawn* what's new?". The episode explores the world and answers some nagging questions about the setting rather well (but there's still more to answer) like Shin Sekai Yori episodes. This one is better than all the battle & fanservice-oriented episodes so far since there's some real unpredictable suspense of "what's going to happen next" from the point where Zorome is wandering by himself in the city.

Quote:
Anyway, this was quite a good exposition episode, which confirmed some theories. The "infection" is obviously Klaxosaur related. I'm guessing that the more they will come into contact with them, the sicker they will get, with Hiro and Zero Two being most likely immune. Zero Two, however, has problems of her own, namely her Klaxosaur DNA taking over after piloting for some time.
Agreed. This episode has good execution when it comes to storytelling (aside from the convenience that Zorome met with his "donor"). And there's no egregious info-dump. Every explanation just flows rather naturally.

Quote:
I wish it had been somebody other than Zorome who got to see this side of the city, because frankly, he's too dumb to truly understand the meaning of what he saw.
On the other hand, this kind of chain of events can only be triggered by Zorome's recklessness and his obsession with the adult world . Other Parasites would've just followed the orders and directly went home instead of running around on their own (which is exactly what happens in this episode).
Old 2018-03-17, 23:18   Link #1304
SeaDoor

During the episode I got the idea that the "infected" might just be kids with normal immune systems and that it's the adults who are the problem. They've lived so long in a sterile environment that they have lost their normal immunities and thus they could die from being around the children.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-17, 23:52   Link #1305
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Also, these adult citizens gets tired easily after talking with other people for a long period of time? That's pretty weak (if no disease is involved). Are the adult lady citizen and her partner supposed to be a jab towards otakus who don't like to talk to people and only enjoy things on the screen, VR or directly injected to their brains (like what the male partner is doing)?

I see a pattern here when it comes to the distopian societies:

The humans in Wall-E -> The adult people in Franxx -> The Anti-Spirals in Gurren Lagann

That progression kinda makes sense .
Old 2018-03-18, 00:32   Link #1306
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
My guess is not just zero two. Everyone of them could also be infected with klaxosaur blood as well. After all, the blue in hiro that time should only come from....
This is what I'm beginning to speculate as well.

The woman disinfecting the area and falling that sick within such a short amount of time, then the guard referring to Zorome as "infected" all seem to sync up with the theory. And as shown by Nana and Hachi's commentary about Hiro's blood cells, we also know that partnering up with Zero Two actually affects her stamens on a biological level. Human blood carrying trace amounts of klax blood reacting to the presence of even more klax blood doesn't seem like a stretch to me at all.

I saw a few people on other sites saying they thought this episode was boring, but I disagree. I was actually surprised it ended as quickly as it did. Really curious to see where things go before we hit the series' second half.
Old 2018-03-18, 01:14   Link #1307
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I fully expected their society to be a dystopia, but it turned out to be quite an extreme one. The adults don't interact with anybody, even their "partners", and seek only virtual pleasure. I wish it had been somebody other than Zorome who got to see this side of the city, because frankly, he's too dumb to truly understand the meaning of what he saw. His narration even said he eventually stopped thinking about it. Others would have probably been torn up about this. Well, I guess they wanted to show this to the audience without developing the plot too fast, so in that sense, he was the best choice. I wouldn't be surprised if the manga takes a different approach to save time, like it did with Mitsuru/Hiro.
Makes sense that they let Zorome be the first person to meet up with an adult since he has been the most curious about them from the start. It also seems like part of the reason the lady was willing to open a little to Zorome was because of his child like demeanor about the whole thing. Hiro or Mitsuru might have pushed her a bit too much for answers which would probably make her feel uncomfortable answering them.
Old 2018-03-18, 05:00   Link #1308
jwai

Can't say I was too surprised that the insights about the adult life were wasted on Zorome. He talks a big game, but that's about it.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 06:03   Link #1309
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
This is what I'm beginning to speculate as well.

The woman disinfecting the area and falling that sick within such a short amount of time, then the guard referring to Zorome as "infected" all seem to sync up with the theory. And as shown by Nana and Hachi's commentary about Hiro's blood cells, we also know that partnering up with Zero Two actually affects her stamens on a biological level. Human blood carrying trace amounts of klax blood reacting to the presence of even more klax blood doesn't seem like a stretch to me at all.

I saw a few people on other sites saying they thought this episode was boring, but I disagree. I was actually surprised it ended as quickly as it did. Really curious to see where things go before we hit the series' second half.
Well of course it was boring the fight was short and to the point.

Quality Exposition Dump...I think later on when we have more confirmed information this episode will be more relevant.

I think the most interesting thing is the Adults seem to be in the know when it comes to what is going on. And not just those directly in charge of running kids.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 06:35   Link #1310
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

So am I the only one who read yet another dirty subtext in the initial scene, when Zorome fails to "pull out" quickly enough and Miku groans in disgust as she's sprayed with liquid ?

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 06:51   Link #1311
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
So am I the only one who read yet another dirty subtext in the initial scene, when Zorome fails to "pull out" quickly enough and Miku groans in disgust as she's sprayed with liquid ?
It'd be just another thing on top of all the sexual overtones already encountered so far
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 08:28   Link #1312
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I think it's so obvious it doesn't even need to be pointed out . But maybe some people didn't quite catch that .
Old 2018-03-18, 09:12   Link #1313
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
During the episode I got the idea that the "infected" might just be kids with normal immune systems and that it's the adults who are the problem. They've lived so long in a sterile environment that they have lost their normal immunities and thus they could die from being around the children.

Yes. I had this same thought, comparing the Adults to Asimov's Spacers in the Robot Novels.
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 10:47   Link #1314
Alhazred

Amusing tidbit from the 28th 4-koma parody:
Spoiler:
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 11:25   Link #1315
KPSJ

Well Ep 11 should be great cast list was leak and it will look like a action EP finally
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 12:51   Link #1316
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh, this episode is actually good. I was afraid that Franxx will use the duration unwisely again. This is the first time where I actually feel really interested & invested about what's going on on the screen instead of going "Yeah either this or that is definitely going to happen *yawn* what's new?". The episode explores the world and answers some nagging questions about the setting rather well (but there's still more to answer) like Shin Sekai Yori episodes. This one is better than all the battle & fanservice-oriented episodes so far since there's some real unpredictable suspense of "what's going to happen next" from the point where Zorome is wandering by himself in the city.

Agreed. This episode has good execution when it comes to storytelling (aside from the convenience that Zorome met with his "donor"). And there's no egregious info-dump. Every explanation just flows rather naturally.

On the other hand, this kind of chain of events can only be triggered by Zorome's recklessness and his obsession with the adult world . Other Parasites would've just followed the orders and directly went home instead of running around on their own (which is exactly what happens in this episode).
Indeed. Probably my favorite episode so far. I was expecting to see much more of this type of narrative instead of what we got until now. But i guess they can't sell anime like that these days. Luckily more episodes like this one will come out. I'm really interested in what is going on in that world.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 12:54   Link #1317
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
That's really a problem with most first world countries mind you. European and North American countries are largely getting around the problem with immigration. It might be more acute in Japan though.

The city is pretty messed up, but realistically it's the type of scenario a lot of people think could happen the moment something like Star Trek's holodeck gets invented...
yeah the problem which make it "worst in japan" is because they are a "small contry" compared with most of the first grade countries, them they "population is also "small" them problems like low birth rates, low marriages, high suicides rates, overwork times while looking outside they can't look as a "big issue" compared with others countries when you look only to japan for them they are a really big issue, because they are "literally dying" over the years, the speciallists already are saying which at this rate is possible for japan "not survive for more than the next 50 years or less, because that problems are getting worst over the years.

another thing which i noticed on this episode, when the old guy was "smiling creep" zorome asked if it bother her and she say which "she don't care" this is another parallel to japanese problem of "afairs and cheat":

Again due to the problem of "overwork and workaholic mindset, si becoming pretty common to japaneses having afairs and cheat, because normally when they marry the woman stop work and become a housewife and the husband get all the burden of bring money, make them have to work like 16h per day, leading to the husband come really tired at home and only looking for "sleep" and the couple stop to have sex, normally they only have sex until between first and second children, them they stop to have sex the husband come very later at home and even in some cases they ending "sleeping at work" and only come to home at weekends, them since they need to "release the streess" they ending looking for "brothels and call girls and services like that and normally the womans ending "accept" he cheating as long he "keep bring the money, them again being one of the problem of the japan extinction.

they are currently experiencing a lot of issues due to they old "way of see things" which are leading to they doom, the government is desperating try to do something but most of the problems not come exactly from "bad government" but japanese mentality", they really bad way of life is so imprited in they lifes which they almost don't care and are hard against changes.
Old 2018-03-18, 18:19   Link #1318
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

Zorome might be quite full of himself at times, but there's really no doubt he has a good heart

The mysteries surrounding the plantation (as well as a few more details concering the children) and the city (which, for some reason, seems to be morbid and lifeless) keep on growing - wondering how things will unfold at some point into the story...
Old 2018-03-19, 03:46   Link #1319
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Well of course it was boring the fight was short and to the point.
Do you mean to suggest that any time there's a lack of action, that automatically disqualifies the episode from being engaging or interesting? Not only does that make your tastes quite shallow, but you're kind of watching the wrong series if that's literally the only thing you're here for.
Old 2018-03-19, 04:50   Link #1320
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Errr, I wonder if people might be misunderstanding something.

Did anyone actually say that these people are hooked up to VR? What if the machine they're hooked up to skips the whole "entertainment" process and just directly stimulates the brain's reward center? Seems a lot more efficient than having to create entertainment that a human being likes.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote