Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-22, 22:03   Link #721
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I honestly feel that this could have benefitted from another episode or two to show things like Akane's backstory....
You know, I really think the show keeps Akane's backstory vague aside from her gender and general situation because they want her to represent the hikkis and kids who are too depressed to face reality (due to various reasons) in Japan. Basically, the show is trying to push those who suffer the same anxiety & depression as Akane to move forward and and be better people. Those final lines that Rikka said to Akane really felt like words of encouragement for the (young?) audience who needs it. At the end of the day, Gridman is still a tokusatsu show with a moral message for the audience, even in anime form. I really like that.

But I agree that more episodes would've been great.
Old 2018-12-22, 22:50   Link #722
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
and on note, that "weird thing on her dresser it is a vibrat... or a sort of thing to "massage"?? that red thing when you put that image i was like ok that objects does looks like something really wrong.
I'm pretty sure that's a large (2 inch) barrel curling iron...

I feel like there's supposed to be an episode 13 after this somewhere, but if that's actually it I guess it wasn't too bad, I don't really mind that some questions are left open as long as the main ones get taken care of. A season 2 would also work...
Old 2018-12-23, 00:09   Link #723
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
So, just so I'm not crossing any wires or anything...

Spoiler for Ending:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 00:20   Link #724
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I honestly feel that this could have benefitted from another episode or two to show things like Akane's backstory and really explain what Alexis was. Rikka and Akane's relationship also would have benefitted from being developed more.

It was an alright ending, but I still enjoyed the show overall.
yeah that is my problem with that last episode, things feel a lot rushed and a lot of missing explannations like since he could rebuild everything the kaijus destroyed it means which the dead peoples are back too???
or how the glasses guy was really useless in the end how poor used he was, it was pretty much like the fat guy in darling where he had a good start but at the end he was pretty much useless plot wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I'm pretty sure that's a large (2 inch) barrel curling iron...

I feel like there's supposed to be an episode 13 after this somewhere, but if that's actually it I guess it wasn't too bad, I don't really mind that some questions are left open as long as the main ones get taken care of. A season 2 would also work...
well even if we get a second season i really doubt will be about the same characters, because it's really feel like a "finished plot and another season could be just about "another person need help from grid man and not akane/rikka anymore.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-12-23 at 01:23.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 01:22   Link #725
jpwong

I was thinking more along the lines of a second season that was more like 4 episode OVA format, but yeah, unless they change up how the story works, it doesn't seem like an actual second season could work in that world.
Old 2018-12-23, 01:25   Link #726
Blueknight78

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of a second season that was more like 4 episode OVA format, but yeah, unless they change up how the story works, it doesn't seem like an actual second season could work in that world.
yeah the whole akane/rikka the sims world plote really does feel full closed and no more room for second season, since almost everything was closed and the only "loosen tiers" are more like plot holes and rush than actually something which could lead to another season, that world is pretty much saved and cleaned, ofcourse we still have "real world akana" being a issue if she don't learned nothing from this and keep being the same loner hikkikomori and repeat everything again.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's a large (2 inch) barrel curling iron....
i really hope so. because it's really looks like a "sort of toy...", you know for loner peoples, which is pretty common both female and male hikkikomori in japan having that "sort of toys" for when the "loniless burden start to be too big burden and they need to "release a little... .
Old 2018-12-23, 01:28   Link #727
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 03:47   Link #728
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

There is a lot for me to think about now that the show is over, but my general take away is that I liked it but it felt like it could have been ... shorter? Part of me feels that the story itself is pretty compelling, but making it 12 episodes made it lose some focus in the middle here and there. Still a good watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

Spoiler for Ending:
Spoiler for ending:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
This makes me think that anyone who didn't watch this show would think it is some show about Rikka's thighs and Akane's boobs going by all the fanart, which given how much of it there is, seems to be what was the other message to take away from it
Old 2018-12-23, 11:42   Link #729
eisai_haramasukoi

Remember the article about the director's design preference for the female leads? Turns out it isn't just for fanservice alone.

Nice to see the OG (Original Gridman) again, and playing Yume no Hero, too.

As someone on the Reddit thread point out, the entire show = 1Toku Gridman episode, only difference is that Gridman went through some hiccups.

Final rating: 8/10.

Last edited by eisai_haramasukoi; 2018-12-23 at 11:53.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 11:51   Link #730
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The frick with the ending!?

DON'T BREAK THE IMMERSION GODDAMNIT!
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 11:52   Link #731
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Akane waking up like that smacks of "it was all just a dream".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 12:13   Link #732
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

Spoiler for Ending:
Ah thanks. My thoughts were a bit messed up with that ending, but your reasoning helped unjumble it.

It also gives sense to the whole
Spoiler for Quote:
quote. That sentence really got me confused.
Old 2018-12-23, 12:44   Link #733
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Akane waking up like that smacks of "it was all just a dream".
Yeah, if your dream was assisted by an immortal interdimensional alien who helped you create a cyberspace world as your escape from reality in order to plant, grow and harvest your negative energy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD3LF0N53 View Post
As someone on the Reddit thread point out, the entire show = 1Toku Gridman episode, only difference is that Gridman went through some hiccups.
Yep, getting impaled by Alexis will do that to you .
Old 2018-12-23, 12:44   Link #734
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the SSSS actually stood for Special Signature to Save a Soul. It shows up on Junk's screen after Rikka inputs the password. Totally missed it the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Ah thanks. My thoughts were a bit messed up with that ending, but your reasoning helped unjumble it.

It also gives sense to the whole
Spoiler for Quote:
quote. That sentence really got me confused.
It makes sense even without the whole Akane = Rikka thing. Rikka wanted Akane to remain with her, but she knew it was better for Akane to go back to the real world. It proves how much she cares about Akane, she put Akane's well-being over her own desire to stay with her.
Old 2018-12-23, 14:08   Link #735
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, if your dream was assisted by an immortal interdimensional alien who helped you create a cyberspace world as your escape from reality in order to plant, grow and harvest your negative energy .
Or if you dream that that's what happened.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 14:12   Link #736
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Did Rikka's VA really say that Akane = Rikka? Because as far as I can tell, it's really just a theory that people came up with because the real Akane at the end has long black hair like Rikka.
Old 2018-12-23, 14:20   Link #737
bones

There's something i don't get. If the girl waking up in the end is Akane then why does she have a blue phone case. It should be pink right? Or am i missing something here.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 15:45   Link #738
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD3LF0N53 View Post
Remember the article about the director's design preference for the female leads? Turns out it isn't just for fanservice alone.
That explains why he didn't care a thing about Yuta, considering how he was given the shaft in the last two episodes. At least this time Trigger avoided exploiting the sexual appeal of the girls so much like Darling or Kill la Kill.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 16:47   Link #739
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Did Rikka's VA really say that Akane = Rikka? Because as far as I can tell, it's really just a theory that people came up with because the real Akane at the end has long black hair like Rikka.
To be fair, there is more to it than that.

Remember the Episode when Akane tries to trap the main trio into fantasy dreams? People couldn't help but notice that whilst Rikka and Utsumi's dreams were rehashes of previous events with Akane, Yuta's dream was a rehash of his first scene with Rikka but with Akane instead.

There's also the perennial question of why Rikka's shop had that all important junk.

Of course we do have to factor in the possibility that the creators might just be trolling with us.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 17:18   Link #740
MCAL

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mach_Dent...16429813940224

This is a good thread that goes into the original Gridman references including a moment that was mistranslated.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kaiju, super hero, tokusatsu, tsuburaya