AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-17, 15:54   Link #11001
cadu_

I really liked this quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the End
Destiny, fate, blood, divine protection, duty, faith, the limits of the human body, helplessness, a power gap meant to be impossible to overcome... You godslayers always seem to break past all obstacles effortlessly, blocking my path, even defeating me a number of times.

The way the campione that killed Ravana complained about him felt like Godou xD
Old 2014-11-17, 16:03   Link #11002
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkys View Post
In some way its true that he has a Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi and it is relatively powerful as authority. but he has fight against many gods and get only that. While every other campione has minimally 4+ authority which they can use. now he should use two swords (from prophercy) and he doesn't know how to fight with weapons. (it was shown that material art has use )on some level) when he fighted against Luo Hao and Doni.) And development where even if he win against god and he still doesn't gets anything because two times it was stolen, two times fights against gods who cant give him authority even when he win against them atd.) Its like he is incredible unlucky and now he has to fight against ,,strongest deity" only with one true authority. When many other campiones lost even though they have many more authorities than him. And from strength view if Luo Hao, Voban, Doni used all of their authorities in the fight against him he would have no chance win or get draw. For example in fight against Voban, if he would used sword on Appolon and Balor Voban could still use red punishment against which he wouldn't have any countermeasure,... and he should have other authorities which we doesn't know. From my view if i would want kill him i would let him attack by normal human, because cant protect himself against them because he cant use any power as was few times shown. (he has strong skeleton but still can be hurt be normal things ).
Well, let's be honest .. all the other Campione's that Godou has met so far, had at least a few years (Doni) to a few hundred years (Lu Cao, Voban, Aisha) of experience to use and develop their powers.

Not to mention, Doni, in the 4 -5 years, since he became a Campione has only gained about 4 authorities - at least according to the information provided to us, so far - and considering his personality, I think that he actually defeated a lot of gods and other supernatural beings in that time, which should give you a rough understanding of how rare it is, for a Campione to gain a new authority.

Since there, has only passed only about a few months to maybe a year, since Godou became a Campione (sorry, at the moment, I don't remember the exact time frame of the story), I have to say that Godou is still doing pretty well, considering the 'growth' he underwent since the beginning of the story.

Furthermore, another reason why Godou isn't gaining a lot of new authorities is pretty much, because the author wants Godou's harem to be involved in his fights (at least, to me, based on how the story developed so far), so it's pretty much inevitable that Godou is going to keep having some weak points to his powers, for the entire length of the story - and since those weak points, could be reduced by some new authorities that Godou could gain...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 16:21   Link #11003
Spica

^^
Quote:
Considering Kusanagi Godou's distaste for using force or carrying weapons, his abilities mostly fall into either of the two categories: "extremely powerful but difficult to use in a flexible manner" or "convenient but lacking in decisive power."
This is how author describe it. Apparently a knight translate this trait like this.
Quote:
That's rather twisted of him. So he's basically suppressing himself currently. As soon as he finds any minor pretext to justify battle, his fighting attitude will immediately escalate."
So unless he change that mind set godou's new authorities will always need an excuse
I don't really mind godou growth through the year though...

Last edited by Spica; 2014-11-17 at 16:33.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 16:25   Link #11004
Forkys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, let's be honest .. all the other Campione's that Godou has met so far, had at least a few years (Doni) to a few hundred years (Lu Cao, Voban, Aisha) of experience to use and develop their powers.

Not to mention, Doni, in the 4 -5 years, since he became a Campione has only gained about 4 authorities - at least according to the information provided to us, so far - and considering his personality, I think that he actually defeated a lot of gods and other supernatural beings in that time, which should give you a rough understanding of how rare it is, for a Campione to gain a new authority.

Since there, has only passed only about a few months to maybe a year, since Godou became a Campione (sorry, at the moment, I don't remember the exact time frame of the story), I have to say that Godou is still doing pretty well, considering the 'growth' he underwent since the beginning of the story.

Furthermore, another reason why Godou isn't gaining a lot of new authorities is pretty much, because the author wants Godou's harem to be involved in his fights (at least, to me, based on how the story developed so far), so it's pretty much inevitable that Godou is going to keep having some weak points to his powers, for the entire length of the story - and since those weak points, could be reduced by some new authorities that Godou could gain...
That is true even if take in consideration that divine beast and another thinks on same level don't give campione new powers, there is still that if there would have been this much heretic gods for every campione every year than earth would be almost destroyed. And there is think that we doesn't know if doni (for example) didn't only fight tree gods after he gas become campione.
And he doesn't need get authority for attack, for example some authority which would help him use authority from Verethragna as have Lancelot Insane Rush. Or something which would helped him with material arts,... He would still need gerls for sword and help when fights or another supportive authority.
It just seems to me that it is unconsidered, when he fights against around 8 gods and still doesn't get any authority.
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 17:31   Link #11005
dragon213

I know that Godou have said that Erica is his most precious person and that he cares about the other three very much, but does he love them equally or some more than the others? I can guess Erica a bit more so I'm wondering about Liliana, Yuri and Ena
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 18:04   Link #11006
Mordant!

I would really like to see Godou get Lancelot Authorities. I was really pissed see it stolen, cause he finally got "legit" kill - without any excuses such as ganging up, fighting against heavily weakened foes or plainly having last hit stolen.

Besides, her Authorities (with some toning down) would fit him quite well, without making him to powerful and his harem useless.

"Insane Rush" - single minded pursuit + reseting cooldown of other Authorities, it's kinda double-edge sword, which makes it hard to use / situational (like every Verethragna form). Plus, seeing girls without any breaks whatsoever? GIVE!

"Armour + summoning Warriors". If he could summon armor on companions, it would actually make them even more useful in fights (let's face it, lately they are mainly of exchanging saliva... err, knowledge, and taking care of "trash" mobs). And it's freaking (god level) magic, so boosting their stats would make sense . Also summoning Knights would remove (or at least heavily reduce) the "struggling (way to much) against weak foes" eyesore.
Mordant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 20:17   Link #11007
Destiny Knight
Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkys View Post
In some way its true that he has a Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi and it is relatively powerful as authority. but he has fight against many gods and get only that. While every other campione has minimally 4+ authority which they can use. now he should use two swords (from prophercy) and he doesn't know how to fight with weapons. (it was shown that material art has use )on some level) when he fighted against Luo Hao and Doni.) And development where even if he win against god and he still doesn't gets anything because two times it was stolen, two times fights against gods who cant give him authority even when he win against them atd.) Its like he is incredible unlucky and now he has to fight against ,,strongest deity" only with one true authority. When many other campiones lost even though they have many more authorities than him. And from strength view if Luo Hao, Voban, Doni used all of their authorities in the fight against him he would have no chance win or get draw. For example in fight against Voban, if he would used sword on Appolon and Balor Voban could still use red punishment against which he wouldn't have any countermeasure,... and he should have other authorities which we doesn't know. From my view if i would want kill him i would let him attack by normal human, because cant protect himself against them because he cant use any power as was few times shown. (he has strong skeleton but still can be hurt be normal things ).

Maybe but I don't think it will affect godou very much as you can see that campione is very hard to kill even by normal human.
Old 2014-11-17, 22:44   Link #11008
haseo0408

Quote:

You have to take into consideration that it is Pandora who has the final word in the matter of the new Divine Authorities for their sons and daughters, all we know is that a Devil must kill the heretic god at full power to have the chance to usurp a new power but Pandora could deny that chance for any crazy reason that pops in her head, she is that kind of goddess.

This new development puts the situation of the Kig of the End in a whole new level, it´s not about kill the guy but make him stay dead once and for all. I wonder why created such a dangerous ritual in the first place, the Devil Kings might insane and a half but they necesary for the world, can you imagine a world at the mercy of the whims of the heretic gods? Mankind won´t make it to the next millenium, no matter what crap Guinivere said, the King of the End is the true villain here.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 23:22   Link #11009
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
You have to take into consideration that it is Pandora who has the final word in the matter of the new Divine Authorities for their sons and daughters, all we know is that a Devil must kill the heretic god at full power to have the chance to usurp a new power but Pandora could deny that chance for any crazy reason that pops in her head, she is that kind of goddess.

This new development puts the situation of the Kig of the End in a whole new level, it´s not about kill the guy but make him stay dead once and for all. I wonder why created such a dangerous ritual in the first place, the Devil Kings might insane and a half but they necesary for the world, can you imagine a world at the mercy of the whims of the heretic gods? Mankind won´t make it to the next millenium, no matter what crap Guinivere said, the King of the End is the true villain here.
We don't even know what causes the manifestation of Heretic Gods in the first place, it is like the chicken and egg.

Maybe it's like this: Human society becomes too decadent, stops worshipping gods, heretic gods get born, Campiones appear, conquer lands and establish new empires, overturning current status quo, then KoTE appears, slays Campiones and thus a new era and new cycle begins Heretic Gods don't always show up as frequently as they do in timeline of the series. It's possible that a boom in heretic god manifestations could be the precursor to the end of an era.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 23:50   Link #11010
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
We don't even know what causes the manifestation of Heretic Gods in the first place, it is like the chicken and egg.

Maybe it's like this: Human society becomes too decadent, stops worshipping gods, heretic gods get born, Campiones appear, conquer lands and establish new empires, overturning current status quo, then KoTE appears, slays Campiones and thus a new era and new cycle begins Heretic Gods don't always show up as frequently as they do in timeline of the series. It's possible that a boom in heretic god manifestations could be the precursor to the end of an era.
We know many causes for the manifestation of the heretic gods, in The Son of the Goddess it is stableshed that they can be summon throught hatred or divine retribution, some divine artifact loses control like the Pillar of Hera that summoned a dragon that caused Perseus decent and the crazy summoning ritual Voba used is an example as well, don´t forget that Verethagna and Song Wokong hinted that the gods of steel descend when they are bored and what to pick a fight, also others god can summon their kin as Verethragna did with Melquart.

Also the way the King of the End puts it I think he is not awaken at end of an era but he causes the end of that era through his actions or ritual, it explains why he feels so guilty becuase where ever he goes death follows, ignorant people called him hero thanks to distorted legends but in fact he is the cause of so much destruction.
Old 2014-11-18, 00:15   Link #11011
Maxaumus

anybody ever notice how Godou never seems to suffer for using all or most of his magic up and that they didn't include the destroyed mountain range or is it partial destroyed in the damage reports.
Wow so the king of the end is actual destroying the world how is he a savior and somehow the campione who save humanity from the gods are branded as devils and monsters
Its weird that none of the gods seem to realize the only reason campione exist is because of their action

Last edited by Maxaumus; 2014-11-18 at 00:33.
Maxaumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 00:25   Link #11012
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxaumus View Post
anybody ever notice how godo never seems to suffer for using all or most of his magic up and that they didn't include the destroyed moutanin range or is it partial destroyed in the damage reports.
Wow so the king of the end is actual destroying the world how is he a savior
Well, it actually makes sense since a central point in the series is how humans change events giving birth to myths and legends, to many ignorant fools that hear or read the distorted legends The King of the End is the great hero savior of all those poor mortals and the Devil Kings are the destructive demons, when in fact is the other way around and the King of the End is nothing more than a slave to the ritual he created. No wonder most gods hated this bastard, he might be powerful but he brings shame to the other heretic gods, killing the goddesses of the earth and being unable to stop, a man consumed by hi own folishness, all the other gods Godou has faced so fat at least have some dignity and acted on their own will.
Old 2014-11-18, 00:28   Link #11013
Maxaumus

Considering there are a lot of myths about some of the campione that have spread through out history like with Voban,it would be interesting to see if they could become god and what they would be like
Also is it just me or is the Devil king of ten lives sounding like he may be the leech child and whatever happened to that thing?

Last edited by Maxaumus; 2014-11-18 at 00:39.
Old 2014-11-18, 00:49   Link #11014
Chris38

part 6 of chapter 4 has been translated by zzhk.

Spoiler for part 6, chapter 4:

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-11-18 at 01:00.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 01:08   Link #11015
XFire
150% done

Quote:
part 6 of chapter 4 has been translated by zzhk.

Spoiler for part 6, chapter 4:
*Breaks sound barrier rushing to BT*

Aaaaaaaaand, I'm back. And I'm calling bullshit, there is no way they didn't go all the way during this.
Old 2014-11-18, 01:18   Link #11016
akim36

Send a message via AIM to akim36 Send a message via Yahoo to akim36
is confirmed, Ena is best girl.....
Spoiler for :
akim36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 01:21   Link #11017
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxaumus View Post
Considering there are a lot of myths about some of the campione that have spread through out history like with Voban,it would be interesting to see if they could become god and what they would be like
Also is it just me or is the Devil king of ten lives sounding like he may be the leech child and whatever happened to that thing?
You mean the first son of Izanagi and Izanami? He´s called Hiruko or more commonly known as Ebisu, he became one of the seven gods of fortune of Asia and god protector of fishermen.
Old 2014-11-18, 01:27   Link #11018
Amanomurakumo

There isn't really any reason for Godou to continue going to highschool, other than to pretend he still has some semblance of a normal person, just like how he gets happy when Erika cheats at cards because he otherwise never loses at gambling. It also seems to be related to him being in denial about is ability to make girls fall for him. Campiones seem to have pretty much whatever they want just get handed to them, so Godou wouldn't even need a job so the only reason for him to not go all the way with the girls is simply because they don't want the novel being classified as 18+.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 01:33   Link #11019
II Maestro

Godou, Yuri, & Ena doing the ritual in a different way than just kissing each others lips but licking the body to obtain knowledge *gulp*, Too bad for Erica & Liliana they didn't experience the licking technique of Godou.
Old 2014-11-18, 01:46   Link #11020
Maxaumus

for a minute there i thought he was going to use the youth, and wow this late in the game and he still has alot of the same mentality from the volume 1 though someone needs to tell him the definition of pacifist

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem