AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-13, 13:59   Link #1
tempest3991

Bleach Filler, discussion, questions, comment

Are the last few episodes, 70 and 71, worth watching at once? Or would you guys recommend I just save all the fillers together and watch them all at a later time before this anime heads back to its main story?
Old 2006-03-13, 14:04   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Save all the fillers and watch them at once ... Hate to say it just hate to say Naruto fillers are better than Bleach fillers
Old 2006-03-13, 14:51   Link #3
Rowan

That's a matter of opinion. I haven't seen the Naruto stuff, but from what I've read, Bleach sounds like more fun at least.

As far as how to watch them, I'd say break 'em up. At least them you don't have to devote five hours or so to sitting and staring at your computer all at once. Overload and you burn out.

R.
Old 2006-03-13, 15:33   Link #4
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
you are forced to watch the fillers because they are throwing manga elements into it, even tho it may ruin the story once they get out of filler
Old 2006-03-13, 16:02   Link #5
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
you are forced to watch the fillers because they are throwing manga elements into it, even tho it may ruin the story once they get out of filler
What the HFIL is so wrong w/the "fillers"? NOTHING. It won't harm the story because it's PART OF THE STORY. And no one's forcing you to watch Bleach.
Old 2006-03-13, 18:23   Link #6
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Usually I just skip the fillers, and if I'm bored or sick and need something to do, that's when I watch them. Unless of course, they use filler and canon material within the same episode, which sucks but you gotta put up with it. Though, the filler problem could really be solved by waiting to do an anime after 15-20 books are already released, then if they needed to do filler at all, there wouldn't be as much of it because by the time they caught up the manga would nearly be over anyway.
Old 2006-03-13, 18:34   Link #7
scorpio516

How to watch the non-manga storyline episodes:

Slap around your nearest Manga snob.
Then watch the episode as you normally would.
enjoy.
Old 2006-03-13, 18:56   Link #8
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Usually I just skip the fillers, and if I'm bored or sick and need something to do, that's when I watch them. Unless of course, they use filler and canon material within the same episode, which sucks but you gotta put up with it. Though, the filler problem could really be solved by waiting to do an anime after 15-20 books are already released, then if they needed to do filler at all, there wouldn't be as much of it because by the time they caught up the manga would nearly be over anyway.
ALL of it is canon. This is NOT the manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516
How to watch the non-manga storyline episodes:

Slap around your nearest Manga snob.
Then watch the episode as you normally would.
enjoy.
Now now, no need for violence

Watch it like the rest of the anime, because it's not to be treated differently.
Old 2006-03-13, 23:58   Link #9
CaiSter21

i actually like the fillers in bleach, unlike the ones that naruto has been pulling out for around 15+ episodes now

if there are more then say 10 filler eps and they dont even connect to one another, then i say that they are not worth watching

take for example, i have not even dared to watch the last 20 naruto eps because i am scared of how bad it will be.
Old 2006-03-14, 00:33   Link #10
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
What the HFIL is so wrong w/the "fillers"? NOTHING. It won't harm the story because it's PART OF THE STORY. And no one's forcing you to watch Bleach.

I was making a point.

The filler isnt like Naruto's filler which is just a bunch of random bullshit to fill in the time until they get back.

You can skip naruto's filler and not miss anything o the story.

Bleach, you can't skip the filter, because they are littering manga elements into it.
Old 2006-03-14, 01:30   Link #11
Dionysus
Ichigo VS Hitsugaya plz

What i've noticed is, Fillers are only bad if you've read the Manga, You grow impatient and it spoils weither or not anything critical can happen in the Fillers.
Old 2006-03-14, 03:19   Link #12
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Bleach, you can't skip the filter, because they are littering manga elements into it.
Actually, the first few arcs of Naruto's filler had manga elements littered into it also. After a while they ran out. It is entirely possible that Bleach will fit the same pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus
What i've noticed is, Fillers are only bad if you've read the Manga, You grow impatient and it spoils weither or not anything critical can happen in the Fillers.
That's not the reason that manga readers have a harder time watching filler. The problem is that there is a little voice in the back of your head saying, "This isn't what happened!" That little voice keeps you from getting properly involved unless you beat it into submission with something heavy or something alcoholic. It took me a bit, but my little voice is quite smashed. (Smashed by the power of reason, not the power of alcohol.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-03-14, 14:21   Link #13
Grees
Ehhh

Watch the fillers with your eyes closed and ears pluged in.
Old 2006-03-14, 14:33   Link #14
Grazze

How many Bleachfillers is there going to be?
Old 2006-03-14, 15:47   Link #15
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grees
Watch the fillers with your eyes closed and ears pluged in.
Oh, just stop. You filler bashers are getting quite annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazze
How many Bleachfillers is there going to be?
Unknown ATM.
Old 2006-03-14, 18:47   Link #16
Rowan

Someone else said it first, but I'll say it again: the filler bashers are just upset because they don't know what's going to happen before it does. They don't like being in the dark with the anime-only watchers.

I like the current Bleach arc. I also don't see the drop in animation quality people keep griping about. What are you referring to?

R.
Old 2006-03-14, 20:19   Link #17
endofjulia
yareyare

I don't mind these last few episodes of fillers at all. I do get impatient because there are quite a few things from the manga that I can't wait to see animated, and I sometimes find myself wishing they will get back to the storyline of the manga. But all in all... these are some of the better filler episodes I've seen in anime to date.
Old 2006-03-14, 23:04   Link #18
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
That's not the reason that manga readers have a harder time watching filler. The problem is that there is a little voice in the back of your head saying, "This isn't what happened!" That little voice keeps you from getting properly involved unless you beat it into submission with something heavy or something alcoholic. It took me a bit, but my little voice is quite smashed. (Smashed by the power of reason, not the power of alcohol.)

Before I was into the manga thing, I always knew filler because of drop in image quality and a sudden " WTF, What kind of weird shit did these guys pull out of their ass now? " twist to the story

Its also usually identifiable by a sudden increase in fanservice and/or idioticly painful cliches [ Such as Ishida blushing over the female Bound.. >_> ]
Old 2006-03-14, 23:18   Link #19
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Its also usually identifiable by a sudden increase in fanservice and/or idioticly painful cliches [ Such as Ishida blushing over the female Bound.. >_> ]
Whatr else would he do in that situation? Seduce her?!?
Old 2006-03-15, 02:52   Link #20
Grees
Ehhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Whatr else would he do in that situation? Seduce her?!?
Sounds right, that's what he should have done.
"Hey baby, want me to shoot my arrow into you?"
Closed Thread