AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-09, 18:27   Link #8181
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

so.. the gracken has been released finally...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 18:36   Link #8182
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Very surprised that Idra is now gone, I believe the cause was his post on TL?

Really he hasn't been really good for while so can't say this is a huge loss for EG.
Old 2013-05-09, 21:02   Link #8183
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

He was prob one of the top foreigners only back in WoL beta/early launch. He has been on a very steady decline every since he joined EG, with a small resurgence when he won that IEM in China.

Its kind of sad because its not like he has no potential. When you watch his stream you realize he has some pretty good fundamentals and knowledge of the game. His control is not always the best and his attitude is what is holding him back (by attitude I mean he thinks certain things are just imba/sometimes downplay certain elements which causes a good deal of his losses).
Old 2013-05-09, 21:20   Link #8184
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
lol, you can not cheese harder than that.

Speaking of cheese, Carbot's last week episode was about cheesing as well.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I always wonder why the Protoss don't place pylons to prevent Zerg from expanding.
Old 2013-05-10, 00:21   Link #8185
kramerica

Quote:
Very surprised that Idra is now gone, I believe the cause was his post on TL?

Really he hasn't been really good for while so can't say this is a huge loss for EG.
I'd say that was the big one. You can't curse at your fans and say "EG pays me to be like this" and not get any repercussions.

He also had a match against Polt where he just quits without even a gg while at max supply very recently. He takes a hunter seeker missile hit on a brood lord (which does not die), and then just leaves. It's even worse that that OTHER match where he left even when he was in the lead.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 01:07   Link #8186
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
He was prob one of the top foreigners only back in WoL beta/early launch. He has been on a very steady decline every since he joined EG, with a small resurgence when he won that IEM in China.

Its kind of sad because its not like he has no potential. When you watch his stream you realize he has some pretty good fundamentals and knowledge of the game. His control is not always the best and his attitude is what is holding him back (by attitude I mean he thinks certain things are just imba/sometimes downplay certain elements which causes a good deal of his losses).
Yeah his analysis on his stream is good, sure he bm like crazy but he knows his stuff. And aside from mentality, he doesn't really seem to be passionate about the game anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I always wonder why the Protoss don't place pylons to prevent Zerg from expanding.
well better to delay then waste mineral, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
I'd say that was the big one. You can't curse at your fans and say "EG pays me to be like this" and not get any repercussions.

He also had a match against Polt where he just quits without even a gg while at max supply very recently. He takes a hunter seeker missile hit on a brood lord (which does not die), and then just leaves. It's even worse that that OTHER match where he left even when he was in the lead.
I got to watch this, I watched the second one where he just tried bane, ling all in. After that failed he just quit. You would think that most players would at least try more in just hoping for possible comeback.
Old 2013-05-10, 01:12   Link #8187
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Wow, I haven't even touched Starcraft 2 for quite a while.
Old 2013-05-10, 01:26   Link #8188
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I haven't played in a week, the last time I played I got into really bad slump. Had really bad time predicting my opponents, especially Protoss.
Old 2013-05-10, 01:33   Link #8189
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I watched his stream around 2 weeks ago due to the lack of quality zerg streams (sometimes I wonder why there are so many good terran streams but not z ones). He is not that bad of a player: sometimes I wonder what the fuck is wrong with his head. Its like he still consider himself the one single foreigner hope, and he rather go down for something stupid/pathetic, than to admit he tried his best and still got his ass kicked.

Either way, if he quits at being a player: I am sure someone will hire him to cast tournaments. Just a no name tournament hiring Idra to cast will probably receive a ton of free publicity.
Old 2013-05-10, 03:04   Link #8190
Xacual

Quote:
Quote:
I haven't played in a week, the last time I played I got into really bad slump. Had really bad time predicting my opponents, especially Protoss.
I got diverted by PSO2. I meant to do all the campaign achievements too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 03:55   Link #8191
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I guess Starcraft 2 is just an easily missed game meant for MLG players in my opinion.
Old 2013-05-10, 04:19   Link #8192
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Damn, it's unfortunate Idra is gone. Now who will make the low-tier Korean progamers feel good about themselves when he loses?

Then again, he's not a bad player, but he's probably better off doing something else. Idra should have really heeded Rekrul's advice. The more things change...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 04:25   Link #8193
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Neither have I. Too much League of Legends.

On topic, suck shit idra. Sorry to idra fans but this guy had it coming for a long time.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 12:54   Link #8194
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

In other news, I still think the whole WCS idea is bad for the scene.

Sure, now we have pretty good games running 4 days a week, and we don't have to wake up early in the morning to see some of those koreans play, but

a) GOM stopped restreaming GSL in the evenings since vods became the only real selling point of a ticket

b) IPL died, now NASL is rumored to be moving on as well. Those are two of the best tournament organizers in the NA scene. MLG feels so cheap/low budget and tries really hard to milk money out of stuff. Really... they had Rotterdam pay his own ticket to New York so he can cast WCS in place of their shitty casters?

WCS created this monopoly which imo is bad for the growth of the game as an esport.

Next season of Korean WCS will be hosted by OGN, I suspect in their own studios, using the OSL brand. I wonder how GOM will fare just simu-casting the games. Although I doubt the foreign watchers will stray away from the golden tastosis duo in favor of... ???
Old 2013-05-10, 13:11   Link #8195
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I think if they wanted the scene to grow in NA and Europe this was probably the necessary step. Right now it is messy and organization is pretty bad.

I don't know how LoL works but I believe LCS is similar model, except it is region locked.

I am thinking a possible locking a region base on team might be better than players. So team like EG would be registered as NA team so their players would compete in NA. They would still be allow to compete in team league like the Pro-League, but for WCS they have to remain in that certain region. Does this have a problem? Yeah, but it makes more sense then the current model. The fact that most of NA is Korean is just stupid. I just hope Blizzard will sort things out by the end of the year. WCS potentially could be really good.

And I don't think any western viewers would choose any other casters over Tastosis.
Old 2013-05-10, 15:11   Link #8196
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Isn't that why Totalbiscuit is doing a North American version of his Shoutcraft Invitational? So that it is made up of players from the Americas.
Old 2013-05-10, 15:34   Link #8197
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Region locking to teams will really fuck some teams over imo. Esp those who are participating in team leagues.

I have always thought that for NA players to break out, they need to work harder. The Europeans have shown that through hardwork they can stand toe-to-toe with some of the mid-high tier korean players.

Catz is a prime example. He is one of the loudest voices against Koreans in NA WCS. He talks about how they need incentives (as if they haven't had IPL/MLG/NASL/WCS/local tournaments in the past which is a pain for koreans to get into unless seeded/sponsored).

This may be harsh, but he:
i) isn't that great in the game.
ii) isn't as popular as other SC2 personalities.

Yet riding on this "pro-american" wave he has the face to stand out and ask people to donate money to his team for a teamhouse, while some of the hardworking korean teams are struggling heavily in staying together financially...

For me it is very difficult to think he just wants rewards without putting forth the effort.

Great players are not formed by genetics or talents, but through pure hard work and self motivation. The crying NA players refuses to acknowledge how many B-teamers in Korea have essentially failed to even break out and retired without even getting proper post-secondary education or a progaming license.
Old 2013-05-10, 16:07   Link #8198
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Great players are not formed by genetics or talents, but through pure hard work and self motivation. The crying NA players refuses to acknowledge how many B-teamers in Korea have essentially failed to even break out and retired without even getting proper post-secondary education or a progaming license.
I have to agree. They'll always be 3rd rate if they keep doing that-- the ones that do of course. Hopefully they'll wake up someday. But most don't because they always think that it's not the real thing. Always an excuse. But life is fleeting and sometimes there are no do-overs. Do it, or don't.

Rekrul's rants still remain relevant, as with the one linked above: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...topic_id=60772

Quote:
So here we have a korean community full of gamers so damn good and a non-korean community full of all the 4th rate newbies from the past when all the good players played. None of you have improved like the koreans. Your skill levels have stagnated and you have merely learned to copy some macro build orders invented by the new generations and learned to click faster
That was back then, and well nothing has changed.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 16:42   Link #8199
kramerica

Quote:
I got to watch this, I watched the second one where he just tried bane, ling all in. After that failed he just quit. You would think that most players would at least try more in just hoping for possible comeback.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_k73V4_WRs

This is the whole game in full. Okay, 196/200 instead of 200/200 lol. 5 bases, 2000+ min and gas in the bank. Just leaves. Commentators are dumbfounded. I would be too.

The worst part is that he didn't even try. Or even just throw his army at Polt at least.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 18:45   Link #8200
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Its Idra, he quits after seeing hallucination Colossi.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows