AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-10-14, 06:18   Link #61
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
No, i was not being offensive or anything like that. I just wanted to know why "slice of life" genre deemed as interesting show by many people. I just got myself dumbfounded by Chuunibyou koi, and found that "slice of life" genre is quite interesting (considering that all this time i keep ridiculing slice of life because of its rather weak plot).
Plot? What plot? If you're watching a slice of life show in hope of getting a nice plot, then there's no doubt that you'll get disappointed immediately because of its lack of plot.. In order to enjoy a slice of life show, you must prepare yourself for the genre's idiosyncrasies (Just like you have to prepare yourself to get a strong headache when watching a mystery show). Strong point of slice of life show is the character's daily lives itself which (definitely) unlike your normal, usual (and somewhat boring) daily lives. You can find that daily lives of the characters in this show are mostly funny, kinda insane, and even ridiculous (Have you watched Danshi Koukousei and laughing your ass off when Tadakuni wearing his sister's skirt?)

My point is, slice of life show generally focus on the characters and their interactions toward each other, among other things.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote