AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-12-03, 21:29   Link #241
Gray Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
What about the spell that the Pope used in an attempt to stop Fiamma? It sounds like it is a spell that affects the mind and Accelerator hasn't shown that he can defend himself against those.
It rips out your soul apparently, so it's unlikely Accel could defend against it. He'd have to use it before Accel kills him though.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 23:32   Link #242
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
It rips out your soul apparently, so it's unlikely Accel could defend against it. He'd have to use it before Accel kills him though.
Well... if the soul is "ripped out" that means it has to be ripped out to somewhere -> vector
Old 2013-12-04, 16:40   Link #243
Ilidsor
Angelerator

The soul is immaterial though.
Old 2013-12-09, 08:39   Link #244
DamageRadius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
Why is it that Accelerator is unbeatable? Why no one can beat him?

So Mikoto can't figure out the way that to penetrate Accelerator's repeling abilities?

Then I'm lost, I'm lost like how Accelerator stepping on a thug that is beaten effortlessly, I'm that thug.
Use heat. It was stated in the fight between Accelerator and MISAKA 10031(?) that he can control any vector, then gave a list of things he could control, which "heat" was a part of. However, heat is not a vector. It's a scalar. The difference between scalars and vectors is that vectors have direction. Scalars are just a number that represents the magnitude of the object, i.e. the amount. Vectors are a specific direction. For example, speed is a scalar. It's just a number without direction. Like 50 mph; It has no direction. Velocity, on the other hand, is a vector because it has a specific direction, like how 50 mph south tells the direction of the number. I don't know how he reflects fire either, because fire isn't a tangible object, it's just the release of energy in the form of heat and light as the object on fire undergoes a chemical reaction.
DamageRadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 11:40   Link #245
Gray Servant

Heat is a scalar value. Heat flux (the rate at which heat is transferred) is a vector value. Pretty sure I already mentioned that in this thread, but meh.

People always mention scalars, but the issue is that pretty much every scalar also has a vector value attached to it at some point.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 14:31   Link #246
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
Heat is a scalar value. Heat flux (the rate at which heat is transferred) is a vector value. Pretty sure I already mentioned that in this thread, but meh.

People always mention scalars, but the issue is that pretty much every scalar also has a vector value attached to it at some point.
Exactly. Through some physical law, Accelerator can manipulate scalars via a vector. Take for example Gauss's Law which relates Electric Flux, a vector, to charge (and as a result, to current via basic Calculus), a scalar and Faraday's Law which relates Magnetic Flux, a vector, to Voltage, a scalar.
Old 2013-12-23, 16:55   Link #247
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Accelerator is the strongest esper in the world. His power is to control all vectors, meaning that no matter how powerful your attack he will just send it right back against you.

It's not that he's unbeatable it's just that Misaka doesn't have either the extremely intimate knowledge of his powers, or the kind of ability that he couldn't block, that would be required for her to be able to defeat him

Some people in the series can beat him, in fact there are some people in the series who would crush him like a grape. But Misaka isn't one of them.
Misaka is really strong if you think about it, manipulating electricity.

If Accelerator were to touch Misaka, who you think will die first, base on science.

Misaka sending electricity to his heart and brain to kill him off.
Accelerator splitting her body up or send her flying.

Electricity move at a speed of light, and a human reaction time is nothing if compare to the speed of light. so accelerator would drop dead before he even notice what is going through his body.

even without the speed of light, couldn't Misaka use the iron in every human blood to her advantage.
Trudinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 21:12   Link #248
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Hey guys, why doesn't somebody just figure out a vector that damages the user using this vector and that causes damage whether or not you reverse the vector. That way, if the person using the vector is already partially immune to it then by taking a little damage, this person could use this force or power that would hurt Accelerator no matter whether or not he tried to reflect the vector of the force... because the point would be that it would be damaging to substances "near" it... like the idea of heat from a fire, but something that is damaging whether it moves away from you or towards you... I'm sure something quantum mechanical that doesn't really depend on position much like that exists somewhere...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 22:05   Link #249
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
Misaka is really strong if you think about it, manipulating electricity.

If Accelerator were to touch Misaka, who you think will die first, base on science.

Misaka sending electricity to his heart and brain to kill him off.
Accelerator splitting her body up or send her flying.

Electricity move at a speed of light, and a human reaction time is nothing if compare to the speed of light. so accelerator would drop dead before he even notice what is going through his body.

even without the speed of light, couldn't Misaka use the iron in every human blood to her advantage.
I don't think so.
He doesn't even need to react. His "auto-reflect" would not even permit the electricity to enter his body.
Old 2013-12-24, 00:19   Link #250
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Hey guys, why doesn't somebody just figure out a vector that damages the user using this vector and that causes damage whether or not you reverse the vector. That way, if the person using the vector is already partially immune to it then by taking a little damage, this person could use this force or power that would hurt Accelerator no matter whether or not he tried to reflect the vector of the force... because the point would be that it would be damaging to substances "near" it... like the idea of heat from a fire, but something that is damaging whether it moves away from you or towards you... I'm sure something quantum mechanical that doesn't really depend on position much like that exists somewhere...
since vector has direction if you are trying to reverse say velocity you need to have force stronger put against it. the amount of force accelerator uses to deflect all kinds of vector i.s stronger and .and i think this is because of his superb calculation power

p.s how about hitting accelerator with millons of dosage of radiation
Old 2013-12-24, 08:01   Link #251
Draco Spirit

On the flip side any electromaster who can target his choker, can give him a very very bad day.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 17:54   Link #252
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
On the flip side any electromaster who can target his choker, can give him a very very bad day.
That is, if they can target his choker before it is flipped to 'ESPer Mode'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
p.s how about hitting accelerator with millons of dosage of radiation
What type of radiation? His power reflects UV, so I am pretty sure that it would reflect anything of higher frequencies such as Microwaves, X-rays, and Gamma Waves. Remember, he reflects anything that can be considered harmful to the body. Otherwise, he would be reflecting Oxygen, Visible Light, etc.
Old 2013-12-25, 07:23   Link #253
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
That is, if they can target his choker before it is flipped to 'ESPer Mode'.

What type of radiation? His power reflects UV, so I am pretty sure that it would reflect anything of higher frequencies such as Microwaves, X-rays, and Gamma Waves. Remember, he reflects anything that can be considered harmful to the body. Otherwise, he would be reflecting Oxygen, Visible Light, etc.
can he reflect nuclear radiation?
Old 2013-12-25, 11:02   Link #254
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
can he reflect nuclear radiation?
Nuclear radiation generally consists of highly unstable isotopes which deteriorate and release alpha particles, beta particles, and gamma waves--all of which are harmful to the human body (to different extents). Of course, he should be able to reflect all of those.
Old 2013-12-25, 22:07   Link #255
Miraluka
Banned

This has become the "How to kill yourself while trying to defeat Accelerator" thread
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 13:00   Link #256
Breimoon

well, that just shows how powerful he is. Aniway any sniper could kill him if they target him before he goes on Esper mode
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 05:37   Link #257
LevelSeven

this works agaisnt everyone,
othinus could be killed, ollerus, maybe fiamma,
and im sure with the right bullet even every saint or saint like magician....
all the heroes could be killed with a simple sniper but i dont know why the bad guys woulsnt use that......maybe PIS,
nevermind only immortal kakine would survive, and if accel heals his demaged brain...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 05:50   Link #258
Draco Spirit

So basically fear the Misaka Network... there all trained snipers!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 08:44   Link #259
Breimoon

i wonder if accel uses kakine's dark matter, couldn't he heal himself someway?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 11:29   Link #260
LevelSeven

he wouldnt neeed it, a heal spell and he OP again
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote