AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-21, 14:12   Link #41
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
According to a new article on IGN, S-E isn't really labelling this as a sequel or prequel...instead calling it a spin-off/side-story of sorts.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/733/733945p1.html
I really want it's a prequel
If it's not
Then We all be Spoiled è_é
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 19:15   Link #42
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Eventhough the Magic Box site is famous for turning rumors into facts. What they have over there kinda goes along with that other article mentioned by Dark'.
Old 2006-09-21, 19:33   Link #43
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Even RPGamer has an article posted up now which labels the game as a side-story. Their original article stating that Revenant Wings was going to be a direct sequel was probably nothing more than speculation on their part.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2006/092106a.html
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 21:17   Link #44
gencbiba

It seems like I am totally behind on this topic.... I haven't read any news on games for about 5 months and FFXII is out? Can someone describe the list of events which you are talking about...

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 21:25   Link #45
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
It seems like I am totally behind on this topic.... I haven't read any news on games for about 5 months and FFXII is out? Can someone describe the list of events which you are talking about...
FFXII is out already in Japan. As for North America, it will be out on Oct 31.

However, Square-Enix has recently announced that it will be releasing a game called Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings for the DS, starring Vaan and Penelo from PS2's Final Fantasy XII. That's what we're talking about now.

There were people who speculated it would be a sequel to FFXII and people who speculated it would be a prequel. Now it seems that the game is neither a sequel or a prequel, but instead a side-story spin-off title.
Old 2006-09-23, 00:55   Link #46
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

New pics + the official logo.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0609/game060922c.shtml
Old 2006-10-30, 21:01   Link #47
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Whoo, FFXII's out tomorrow~

Anyways, there's a new article on IGN about Revenant Wings. Seems that even though the game is supposedly a side-story/spin-off title, it is taking place sometime after the events of FFXII, as part of the article states that you'll be able to see how the characters have gone on to live following the events of Final Fantasy XII... which is kind of weird since they stated it's neither a sequel or a prequel... Guess it's a pseudo-sequel then...

http://ds.ign.com/articles/742/742592p1.html
Old 2006-10-31, 19:46   Link #48
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda View Post
Sorry for going on topic, ;P but I hate how Square-enix is releasing ff on multiple platforms now. Want to just buy one system and be done with it.

Why release revenant wings as ds when pretty much every ff(12) fan has a ps2? At least with xenosaga the ds release was just a compilation of the ps2 games. Porting is good. Splitting a series among several platforms is bad.
I must admit, I think it would be better if Square just realesed its own line of FFs for Nintendo, (not crappy spin offs like CC, actual FF experiences with stories) rather then splitting it. But hey, Nintendo is finally getting some FFs that arn't CC, so I'm not ging to complain.
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 12:53   Link #49
Devin Mirror
Sage Of Time

Send a message via AIM to Devin Mirror
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post
I must admit, I think it would be better if Square just realesed its own line of FFs for Nintendo, (not crappy spin offs like CC, actual FF experiences with stories) rather then splitting it. But hey, Nintendo is finally getting some FFs that arn't CC, so I'm not ging to complain.
/cheer!

Yeah I honeslty would like all the games I am playing not to cross medium so much it annoying and I really dont like the gameplay limits that we would have should they make it a DS game. For me its a big turn off.
Devin Mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 16:18   Link #50
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
NO! the IGN news item mentions that this is likely a PREQUEL because the characters look much younger.

And arias- I don't think they're milking anything until I play it. FFX-2 would probably qualify as milking it, but all of the newer FF7 projects DON'T qualify as milking it IMO because they all legitimately add to the world and story of FF7
Are you sure it's "Prequel" Because I'm playing FF12 now and Vaan is 17 years old in FF12, and in that ign article you gave it says Vaan is "18" years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
Revenant Wings tells the story of Vaan and Panelo, two of the main characters from FFXII. Vaan is 18 years old in the game, and has just fulfilled his dream of getting his own airship.
http://ds.ign.com/objects/853/853587.html
They have already said the answer, it IS a sequel.

And "WHY!!!!! D:" Did they ruin her name? It's Penelo, not panelo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...racters#Penelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
So is it a sequel or a prequel? I guess this is why some people figured it's going to be a prequel because they look somewhat younger.

However, I've seen some footage of the ending of FFXII. And... (Be prepared for a minor spoiler. Yes, it's just minor and trivial; trust me.)

Spoiler:

Maybe my logic is rather faulty there, but it's something to think about at least.

So yes, maybe it is indeed a sequel of sorts. Maybe.
It's a Sequel if you read the article that he linked without reading it himself... I think >_>
http://ds.ign.com/objects/853/853587.html

Still doubts of it being a sequel? Read Here.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/733/733945p1.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_12#Legacy

Last edited by Shakugan no Shana; 2006-11-01 at 17:03.
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 22:20   Link #51
Devin Mirror
Sage Of Time

Send a message via AIM to Devin Mirror
Well that does kinda ruin some things and why did that guy with the cool hair who married ashe have to die in the first cut scene! why!

I don't think I will be playing this game though unless ff12 sucks me in like most of the others did which so far hasnt happened, either way only time will tell.

Last edited by Devin Mirror; 2006-11-02 at 22:47.
Devin Mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 07:21   Link #52
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Already 20 hours into the game...

Its a pretty awesome game so far. I love the whole gambit system. Makes life easier by priortizing your characters, wasnt too fond of the license. Bascailly you can have everyone get everything, just like FF X. However, with FF X, you would need to take "certain" paths, where as FF XII is anywhere.

Overall, it gets 9.7/10 from me. Finally been waiting for a Final Fantasy game for a VERY long time.
________
Make A Vaporizer

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:42.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 07:56   Link #53
JediNight
キズランダム

Yeah I'm really getting disappointed in Square lately. So many franchise milking games going to be coming out. You have 2-3 "new" games coming out in the FF-7 storyline, 3-4 announced that will be for FF-13, and now there will be at least 2-3 for FF-12 as well? .... *sigh*

FF6 really gets shafted in all of this. It was a way better game than FF7 and all ppl can rant about is FF7 =\
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 09:03   Link #54
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Oh man screw Final Fantasy 7, I dont know why people think it's the best Final Fantasy game, I didnt like it.

To me, the best Final Fantasy game had to be FF: Tactics on the PSX. That was THE best Final Fantasy game EVER!
________
Arlington assembly

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:43.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 15:25   Link #55
AnimeFangirl

I made it to the Womb of Feolthanos and now I lack all desire to finish the game. I don't REALLY care how it ends, it's not that big a deal anyway.
Spoiler:
I feel justified stopping here and watching the ending on Youtube.

One thing I noticed in FFXII that bothers me even more here: Balthier and Fran seem to find Vaan and Penelo downright annoying. They talk down to them like you'd talk to someone you want to get rid of but are too polite to say so. Fran especially, so unfiendly. =_=

EDIT: I just went back and read this thread, not a single person has played this game so far. Did I wander into the wrong thread?

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2008-01-17 at 15:37.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 19:59   Link #56
Flame-X
Anti-fan

I'm currently playing it RIGHT NOW! XD

Old 2008-01-20, 18:22   Link #57
-GJ-

how is the game? is it any good? I'm plannin' on buyin a new DS game and maybe I'll like this..
are the battles turn-based? cause I don't like turn-based ..
-GJ- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 01:21   Link #58
Flame-X
Anti-fan

its real time strategy rpg. once u play the first 15 min, the game will suck u in like a drug. im currently 97% done with the game. the last few mission is hard as fuck but im having one hell of a fun time with this game.
Old 2008-01-21, 14:21   Link #59
AnimeFangirl

I finished it last night with 95%. Didn't bother to do the uber-hard missions or get Gilgamesh or Bahamut. Vaan was level 60, other party was Kytes, Penelo, Llyud and Ashe. Final battle was easy as pie, just whale on each part till it croaks, same with Evil Bahamut when he shows up. Spam Kytes spells for an even easier time. If you're not at level 99 you shouldn't have any problems at all. Ending sequence was short and dull, like the rest of the game, and now I am finally and happily done with the FFXII story. Next please!
Old 2008-01-22, 00:38   Link #60
Ledgem
Love Yourself

What's the consensus? Worth buying? My DS is my only gaming system at this point - I haven't played FFXII on the PS2 and I find that I'm starting to get bored with 20+ hour games unless they're really compelling. I have Final Fantasy III waiting, but I was considering picking this up as well. Seems like Clamp-X gives it a positive review...