AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-25, 10:02   Link #221
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Despite hating the last few episodes, the latter half of this one was pretty....Aquarion-ish , which is a good thing(i.e. giant robot fighting full of emotions). They also upped the animation quality during the last half, so it was nice from a visual perspective.

However, the whole Kagura/Zessi thing was kinda out of nowhere, and while it's nice to get a hint at the coupling, it greatly loses it's value when, as someone else said, their love targets change on a dime =0\.

The biggest thing though that I disliked in this series is the Amata/Mikono romance. It didn't really feel as if they actually worked for it for some reason. It was just...there, esp compared to the original(which I won't get into, since this is not the thread for comparisons).

Old 2012-06-25, 10:05   Link #222
Auron Requies

Aquarion Evol end was no where near perfect. But it was definitely a fun series that I'd place together with Sousei/Genesis, landing in my "favourties shelf" within my mind. Reactions are pretty well mixed, some absolutely still completely loving this, and haters absolutely hating. Mine would have be to be 75% former and 25% latter. Starting with the disappointments, some plot giving in the beggining haven't been resolved

- Cayenne's 'wedding' vision of Kagura and Mikono implication never really came to past, or rather, what was the point? Maybe the future changed or Cayenne's elemental powers are effected by his will (since we seen how he's leveled up he's control with it after episode 14). Point being: there's no real explanation about this.

- Fudo is Apollonius, but I'd like to know more on the reason for his actions. We know he's a good guy, an eccentric mentor. But I'd like to see more the reasons on why he is doing what he is doing now. Sure we can figure he's defending the world, his action indicate this.

But why like this? We know he's Apollonius, but why no real "Heart" connection back when he interacted with both Slyvia and Mikono since they are part Celliane's. He's always talked to them like a teacher, and I guess I can go with the "He has and always will love Cellianne because she is Cellianne, Slyvia and Mikono may be her reincarnate(s), but they are different people" but I'd like to see him actually talk about it, explain this.

- Then theres Pollon, oh boy, I think we all got turned off by the idea that these 12000 7+ years, our main protagonist of Aquarion, Apollo and Amata (and by extension Kagura) are reincarnation of a Winged Dog. Yes, he's a "Shadow Angel" but I've never since him talk, and its hard to tell if he's treated as a companion or an actual pet. Regardless, while this did seem like a good "no one will see this coming twist" the results have been mixed since it felt so retconned...And Gen/Zen/Apollonius doesn't seem to mind but please, show us 'why' or let him explain.

- Its great that Mix got her body back to original form, but HOW? Was it natural since she's not on Altair anymore? How would be a great start

The biggest con were were lack of plot explanations. A part of me wished that they added the Pollon reincarnate line was actually a "fusion" of both Pollon and Apollinus souls, the parts that loved Celiane as both parties love for her was so strong that they resulted to this. It would also explain why Apollo/Amata/Kagura seemingly can use Aquarion with it's "Wings of the Sun" and Fudo himself may be the warrior/defender of mankides side of Apollonius hence his attitude. Heck they never really explained how Apollo/Amata can use the wings of the sun, unless Amata's 'wings on the feet = wings of the sun" is just subjective, but he was still key in returning Aquarion to it's true form. And why does Apollonius have Fudo, when there is also the fact that Aquarion is a part of Apollonius as well.

Now we can start with the good:

- Music BGM and Music Theme. There's no denying it. "Genesis of Aquarion" + "Aquarion Chapter 2" are just f%^&ing awesome songs.

- The Aquarion family mecha, especially Aquarion Geparda and Aquarion LOVE. LOVE Dammit!

- It should seem so obvious to many english speakers that EVOL was LOVE backward, but for me it wasn't. And I love it! (no pun intended) xD. I always thought it was just a shortening of 'Evole" but damn was that another "that's what they want you to think" xD.

- Shrade is lending a hand one last time!

- Apollo! Sirius!(!!!) and Toma! It's great to hear you guys again. And good to know this was reformed Toma. Mykage really was just the Dark side. And I liked how Mikono understood Toma's feelings and how she tried to apologize to the dark half.

- As cheesy as it was, Amata x Mikono is a win, and sometimes, I just love cheesy (sue me). But the way they pulled it off to reflect season 1 is a thumbs up for me. And Amata comparing his mother slipping away from him to Apollo slipping away from Slyvia was a good add as well.

- Mikono willing to use her Elemental abilities of emotional reconnection.

- I was glad Malloy as a side character gave me the impression he's also be part of the final battle, but Clea/Claire takes it instead (xD). Another good throwback to her connection as Rena/Rena role in only combining once.

- Despite what I said above, Mix body is back to normal. You gotta love Andy x Mix.

- Zessica just not being so gloomy anymore. And on that note, Kagura NOT killing her. She's gotten so screwed over the past couple of episode its good that she was spared.

- Buddha MUGEN HANDS. I don't know about you, but I loled.

- Cayenne acknowledging Shrade as his friend/shin'yu.

- Aquarion's tears of love fill up the planet with water.

- Paper Bag girl face was revealed okay not really, but I liked that they showed a glimpse of her hairstyle (which you already get the feeling she's cute xD)

- Suomi x Donnar. Screw it, I can dig that.

- "Love is NOW permitted". But does that include an OAV? xD

Conclusion: Most of the pro's tend to be small stuff here and there, but overall, it was a "Fun" final episode, and a fun ride. Heck this felt more like just another episode then a complete final, though it is a complete final since the big bad Mykage get's sealed (or combined? But looks more like sealed) with Fudo/Apollonius, despite plot being thrown completely out the window, well that logic was sorta gone when I first saw mugen punch back in Genesis (xD) but even then they had a steady plotline with the apollo = apollonius roller coaster. Somethings did feel rushed, like Zessica recovering so quickly from her gloomy state, but it was nice to see her not getting anymore screwed from Mykage.

If there was one way to phrase this ending, this felt more like Code Geas R2. R2 had a great beginning, wtf middle, and overall nice/somewhat-fitting ending. The same for me happened with Aquarion Evol. People say this is a train wreck, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But Aquarion Evol is by no means a train wreck to me. You want a Train Wreck? Watch Gundam Seed Destiny. THAT is a train wreck.

tl/dr: Despite some flaws, I still love the Aquarion series and enjoyed the final.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:14   Link #223
Destined_Fate

Are you seriously comparing Evol to Code Geass quality? Or better yet, are you trying to say Amata is somehow Lelouch's equal? Or that Mikono even compares to Kallen?
Old 2012-06-25, 10:18   Link #224
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Are you seriously comparing Evol to Code Geass quality? Or better yet, are you trying to say Amata is somehow Lelouch's equal? Or that Mikono even compares to Kallen?
Did my post say any of that? Nope. Read it carefully. It was just my overall feeling of the series (Great beggining, wtf middle, overall nice ending) the same feeling I felt with Code Geass. I don't recall writing Lelouch = Amata or any of that sort anywhere.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:28   Link #225
Destined_Fate

You compared it to Code Geass at the end of your post. Since Amata and Mikono are the main characters of Evol it's like saying that since Evol in comparable to Code Geass(It isn't in any way, totally different) than they are comparable to Lelouch and Kallen who didn't get a happy ending despite having a far more developed and beloved relationship than Amata and Mikono.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:38   Link #226
mixordia

I don’t believe that Kawamori was able to convince almost everyone in the end… LOL the bastard has the power, he managed to do a lot of people accept Kagura and Zessica. Is very hilarious, every post I see about it I laugh.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:41   Link #227
Auron Requies

Quote:
You compared it to Code Geass at the end of your post.
Then you have failed to read it carefully. I wrote "If there was one way to phrase this ending, this felt more like Code Geas R2. R2 had a great beginning, wtf middle, and overall nice/somewhat-fitting ending." Emphasis on 'felt'. Just because you feel a certain way about one series doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same way about it.

My idea of how evol ended are similar to my idea back when geas ended. They are both different stories executed in different manners with minor similarities (school settings, mecha, etc) but they gave me the same overall end feeling. Again, read it carefully.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:44   Link #228
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
I don’t believe that Kawamori was able to convince almost everyone in the end… LOL the bastard has the power, he managed to do a lot of people accept Kagura and Zessica. Is very hilarious, every post I see about it I laugh.
The thing is, I see them as getting along in a comrade sort of way, but I didn't really see a "x" pair between them in the ending, sure it implies it but again its subjective. Maybe if the staff were giving more episode counts, who knows.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:47   Link #229
Destined_Fate

They're just pushing the non-existent Zessica x Kagura ending so they can trick themselves into believing those two got a happy ending and that all their suffering wasn't for nothing. I pity them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
Then you have failed to read it carefully. I wrote "If there was one way to phrase this ending, this felt more like Code Geas R2. R2 had a great beginning, wtf middle, and overall nice/somewhat-fitting ending." Emphasis on 'felt'. Just because you feel a certain way about one series doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same way about it.

My idea of how evol ended are similar to my idea back when geas ended. They are both different stories executed in different manners with minor similarities (school settings, mecha, etc) but they gave me the same overall end feeling. Again, read it carefully.
No I read it correctly. You compared it to Code Geass which isn't comparable in anyway to this trainwreck. The ending of Evol was an asspull and not fitting. While the ending of Code Geass was sad but it fit the themes of the series to the letter while Evol made it a goal to ignore its own themes, especially the fighting destiny theme, and had retcons up the ass and random character shift with no explanation at all.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:52   Link #230
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
No I read it correctly. You compared it to Code Geass which isn't comparable in anyway to this trainwreck. The ending of Evol was an asspull and not fitting. While the ending of Code Geass was sad but it fit the themes of the series to the letter while Evol made it a goal to ignore its own themes, especially the fighting destiny theme.
Just that you have the right to think that the ending of Evol was a trainwreck, Winged Memories has also the right to think that the ending was handled well.

Stop imposing your own opinion on other people.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:56   Link #231
Destined_Fate

Who are you and why are you stalking me? I was willing to hear you out in another topic but I can see that listening to what you have to say was wrong and will only bring in the mods. So I'll just take Daniel's advice concerning this situation.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:57   Link #232
Auron Requies

Quote:
No I read it correctly. You compared it to Code Geass which isn't comparable in anyway to this trainwreck
You have once again failed to read it carefully.

Quote:
I wrote "If there was one way to phrase this ending, this felt more like Code Geas R2. R2 had a great beginning, wtf middle, and overall nice/somewhat-fitting ending."
Quote:
Emphasis on 'felt'. Just because you feel a certain way about one series doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same way about it.
If I had 'compared' this to Code Geass, I would be mentioning how similar the series Aquarion is to Code Geass. I did no such thing. I only compared my overall feelings towards Aquarion being similar to Code Geass. I did not mention Aquarion is similar to Code Geass.

Quote:
Stop imposing your own opinion on other people without a good reason.
I agree hyl, thanks for your input.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:01   Link #233
Destined_Fate

No, it seems that you have failed to understand what you were implying by comparing Evol to Code Geass over the beginning, middle, and end. Even the sad ending to Code Geass made sense and fit the series while the ending of Evol was unrealistic, ignored all the themes, and drastically changed characters at the last second with no explanation at all. It was literally just made to try and fix all the problems the rest of the series in the last episode which can be done but wasn't done in this situation.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:01   Link #234
Vena
Carpe Diem

After much deliberation, I've given the episode a 7/10 for being entertaining as heck.

The overall story though, when we get that thread, is going to be lower because, while the first half of this show was great, the second was terrible. Good on one half and bad on the other, leaves you with a 5/10. Its funny, or maybe sad, that I find the episodes individually more entertaining than the whole. If I try to put the episodes into a *bigger* picture, I find that I enjoy them less. Each episode is consistent, more or less, to itself but episode to episode has some pretty mind boggling changes in characters, theme, and even mood swings that just come out of nowhere.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:02   Link #235
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think Touma/Mykage desperately needs those Apollo mint candies.......
so who's actually the "god" of the "new world"? is it FudoKage or Shrade?
Aquarion Love shed manly/womanly/whatever gender it is but i still believe it is a loli tears.....
they're obviously trying to ship Kagura & Zessica, Soldato-J & Renais-Kardiff Shishio style
makes sense as he's a part of Amata/brother/clone/whatever
i bet the next adam & eve will spawn a race of Biri-Biri slash cyborg hybirds

is it just me? that FudoKage rhymes with fujoshi/fudanshi? i bet mr. Shirokuma-kun would make a lame pun joke out of that which will annoy Penguin-san to death.......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-06-25, 11:06   Link #236
EroKing

Mikono and Amata must have done a lot of GATTAI at the end, took them a while to come back Time to move on to the doujins
Old 2012-06-25, 11:07   Link #237
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Mikono and Amata must have done a lot of GATTAI at the end, took them a while to come back Time to move on to the doujins

Well, Zessica did tell them to get a room...
Old 2012-06-25, 11:12   Link #238
ookamigirl

Looks like even Kagura has a soft spot.
Earth & Altair practically merging is reeking havoc.
It's cool how Zessica and Kagura switched to Amata's side ^^
Fight with Mikage was something else, really enjoyable to see.
There were all kinds of feelings flying around, especially Amata's.
Seems like Mikage was defeated with pure love ^-^
This was a really nice final episode with lots of action!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-06-25, 11:12   Link #239
Auron Requies

Quote:
No, it seems that you have failed to understand what you were implying by comparing Evol to Code Geass over the beginning, middle, and end.
From failing to read to just plain failing. You did not understand nor tried to comprehend my post and I do not see you trying. Yes I agree Code Geass had a sad and fitting ending, but thats another debate. If you did not like the Aquarion ending, or the series for that matter, you could have stopped while you were ahead. We know you don't like the ending, thats ok. Good for you, you get a trophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
After much deliberation, I've given the episode a 7/10 for being entertaining as heck.

The overall story though, when we get that thread, is going to be lower because, while the first half of this show was great, the second was terrible. Good on one half and bad on the other, leaves you with a 5/10. Its funny, or maybe sad, that I find the episodes individually more entertaining than the whole. If I try to put the episodes into a *bigger* picture, I find that I enjoy them less. Each episode is consistent, more or less, to itself but episode to episode has some pretty mind boggling changes in characters, theme, and even mood swings that just come out of nowhere.
This is exactly how I feel about Evol as a whole as well, maybe minus the whole bigger picture part, since my whole overall bigger picture was that I enjoyed it nonetheless. Hell it was all in good fun, so besides lack of plot and consistency, I overall enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Mikono probably adapting to the doggie stuff? xD Hehe. I still dig Amata x Mikono, especially long hair Mikono .
Old 2012-06-25, 11:13   Link #240
Destined_Fate

Man, you say failing yet you're the one that doesn't even understand the implications of what you said. I would pity you but that's a waste of my time. So I will just ignore you, at least that way you can at least believe you're right even if you're mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i think Touma/Mykage desperately needs those Apollo mint candies.......
so who's actually the "god" of the "new world"? is it FudoKage or Shrade?
Aquarion Love shed manly/womanly/whatever gender it is but i still believe it is a loli tears.....
they're obviously trying to ship Kagura & Zessica, Soldato-J & Renais-Kardiff Shishio style
makes sense as he's a part of Amata/brother/clone/whatever
i bet the next adam & eve will spawn a race of Biri-Biri slash cyborg hybirds

is it just me? that FudoKage rhymes with fujoshi/fudanshi? i bet mr. Shirokuma-kun would make a lame pun joke out of that which will annoy Penguin-san to death.......
Psh, it should be Shrade. At least he puts others before himself. If he was a God he would be a benevolent being that's content playing and listening to the most precious of sympathies. His subjects wouldn't have to worry about him going crazy over love or anything.
Closed Thread