4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-01, 21:19   Link #41
GundamFan

Overall I thought the episode was pretty although Lenessia speech I though could have been better or they should have princess outfit that would have fit better. Still though very since production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
Still, it's immoral for him to ask them to join an 'event' under false pretenses.
Either way they would have been acting immorally either they were going to be leading people under false pretenses or rather needlessly risking getting thousands of landers killed by spooking the adventurers into not participating. Shiroe decided to go the practical route which also guaranteed no blood on his hands,
Old 2014-02-02, 00:11   Link #42
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Overall I thought the episode was pretty although Lenessia speech I though could have been better or they should have princess outfit that would have fit better. Still though very since production.
They were going for the "Idol" approach. Like Japanese idols appearing in sexy costumes to inflame the passions of thousands upon thousands of rabid fans. It was even blatantly stated in the novels. Remember these adventurers are mostly young people and yuppies so that approach proves to be VERY effective in inflaming their fan boy/girl ism
Old 2014-02-02, 01:20   Link #43
tsunade666

Quote:
Actually there is a reason why Shiroe suggest the valkyrie set for Reynesia. The valkyrie armor is like a mascot or idol for ET players. So to them when the princess dress in valkyrie armor and made that speech. Its like the goddess spoke to them for war.
Old 2014-02-02, 02:10   Link #44
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

....And it's not very convincing if she wears a Princess dress while saying she'll join them in War.

Hype, it's all about the hype.
Old 2014-02-02, 02:25   Link #45
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
....And it's not very convincing if she wears a Princess dress while saying she'll join them in War.

hmmm.... actually now that I think about it. The princess dress is also fine because "YOUR FIGHTING FOR A PRINCESS!" but the problem with the princess, they won't fight with you and they are adventurers and not knights.

They might get hyped for seeing a real princess but not enough to motivate them. But having the princess with you in the battlefield. It will increase your motivation to fight and protect the princess.
Old 2014-02-02, 03:00   Link #46
Anime Online

To get a donkey to start moving, you need either a stick or a carrot. Lenessia has neither. Eastel couldn't pay the Akiba adventurers, and there's no danger to Akiba if the adventurers do not intervene. How else to motivate the Akiba adventurers then? She could have said, "Because the goblins have treasure for the looting" Instead, she went with something about "I'm going to fight too, so I want you to follow me" It's quite mystifying why that would motivate the Akiba adventurers so much.
Old 2014-02-02, 03:09   Link #47
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's the power of moe, my friend.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-02-02, 03:22   Link #48
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
To get a donkey to start moving, you need either a stick or a carrot. Lenessia has neither. Eastel couldn't pay the Akiba adventurers, and there's no danger to Akiba if the adventurers do not intervene. How else to motivate the Akiba adventurers then? She could have said, "Because the goblins have treasure for the looting" Instead, she went with something about "I'm going to fight too, so I want you to follow me" It's quite mystifying why that would motivate the Akiba adventurers so much.
It's not hard to motivate thousands of geeks who have grown with moe subculture. I mean, look at how the youngest players reacted with Reynessia. They have never seen a princess before, other than those on TV who are nothing like fairytale princesses. Now, think at how grown-up geeks will react when they will see a frail princess, who will lose in a fist fight with Paris Hilton, clad in a Valkyrie armor and telling them that she will go fight.
Old 2014-02-02, 03:29   Link #49
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I didn't expect the Ocypete to be made out of metal. (expected a wooden ship, LOL)

It's almost like a battleship. And coincidentally in Krusty's colors.
Old 2014-02-02, 03:34   Link #50
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's not hard to motivate thousands of geeks who have grown with moe subculture. I mean, look at how the youngest players reacted with Reynessia. They have never seen a princess before, other than those on TV who are nothing like fairytale princesses. Now, think at how grown-up geeks will react when they will see a frail princess, who will lose in a fist fight with Paris Hilton, clad in a Valkyrie armor and telling them that she will go fight.
In me case, i would facepalm so hard i would give myself a concussion.
Then i would probably join the event just for bragging rights anyway.
Old 2014-02-02, 04:05   Link #51
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

From now on, if anybody says that all mmorpg based anime is crap, please shove this series to their face.

Quote:
I see it differently, one of the adventurers said that "Ive been waiting for an event like this!", that alone is enough motivation for most people to participate in the raid, people are booooored out of their wits.

add to that the fact that shiroe and crusty are involved in it, which from the adventurers perspective are considered as the elite of the elite, they will think that there is something good that they can get out of it in the end.

remember, nobody but a few leaders from the round table knows that you lose your memories if you die, and everyone still thinks it is a game.
Old 2014-02-02, 05:42   Link #52
kukuru

FYI there's a difference between a game on a screen and real life even immortality. things hurt, things are tiring, things are uncomfortable.

this is why they took the idol approach. just a quest event would never have the effect of a valkyre marching into battle with a statium announcement.

all hero class characters need special outfits don't care know.
Old 2014-02-02, 07:39   Link #53
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

woooo.... Laynessia in Valkyrie armor...

SUPER 10 for this episode!!!
big YESS!!!

meanwhile, seems like someone is starting to conquer Eastal girls
Souji-chi is a good boy
Old 2014-02-02, 08:05   Link #54
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

The little lights are so cute, hehe.
Old 2014-02-02, 08:44   Link #55
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Sorry I lost to the temptation...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-02-02, 09:38   Link #56
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I can imagine the hundreds of people trying to click her for the quest.

Anyway, the next episode will be the start of the slaughter.
Prepare your butts, goblin army. Krusty's out for blood.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-02-02, 11:36   Link #57
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
They were going for the "Idol" approach. Like Japanese idols appearing in sexy costumes to inflame the passions of thousands upon thousands of rabid fans. It was even blatantly stated in the novels. Remember these adventurers are mostly young people and yuppies so that approach proves to be VERY effective in inflaming their fan boy/girl ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Actually there is a reason why Shiroe suggest the valkyrie set for Reynesia. The valkyrie armor is like a mascot or idol for ET players. So to them when the princess dress in valkyrie armor and made that speech. Its like the goddess spoke to them for war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

I get what they were going for the problem for me was more the speech it's maybe it was the translation I saw. But they dressed her up as warrior princess then we get a pink princess please save me speech and one where she babbles on in a couple of spots at that. Now it still seems like it would still be pretty effective it's just the speech didn't quite match the look.
Old 2014-02-02, 16:45   Link #58
Gundamx

Quote:
I get what they were going for the problem for me was more the speech it's maybe it was the translation I saw. But they dressed her up as warrior princess then we get a pink princess please save me speech and one where she babbles on in a couple of spots at that. Now it still seems like it would still be pretty effective it's just the speech didn't quite match the look.
people of land can't have high level -> shiro ask for level 4- armor because if my memory is right her level was 3
=
there is no way for normal NPC to lead players in battle let alone joined them in front line
(unless they are ancient NPC)
Old 2014-02-02, 17:10   Link #59
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
people of land can't have high level -> shiro ask for level 4- armor because if my memory is right her level was 3
=
there is no way for normal NPC to lead players in battle let alone joined them in front line
(unless they are ancient NPC)
Yeah I know a landerer would need to be either a Royal Guard or Ancient to keep up with the Adeventurers. I was talking about the look didn't match her speech not her actual ability to fight in the battle even if we ignore what we generally know about landers Shiroe asked for a sword that could be used by someone of level 4 or lower which tells us what her level actually.
Old 2014-02-02, 17:49   Link #60
Gundamx

Quote:
Yeah I know a landerer would need to be either a Royal Guard or Ancient to keep up with the Adeventurers. I was talking about the look didn't match her speech not her actual ability to fight in the battle even if we ignore what we generally know about landers Shiroe asked for a sword that could be used by someone of level 4 or lower which tells us what her level actually.
1- I though even Royal Guard can't keep up with them
(level 20 to 38)

2- valkyrie =
if you fight and saw one in middle if battle = you win
not someone who lead the battle and fight with you
so the armor fit her rule perfectly
Closed Thread