AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-11-09, 02:02   Link #1
JayF

Heartwork(Hentai discussion)

Seriously, I've seen some rather weired plotwise hentai like Perverse Investigation, but Heartwork makes them look like crossover slash fiction compared to Homer's Illiad.

It was surreal, especially when I watched the third ep. At first I thought that the second was a sequel to the first, but later turns out to be some sort of AU. Is my thoughts correct, or can someone else enlighten me on what exactly is happening in this anime.
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 02:16   Link #2
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Not to insult, but in hentai one is expected to accept (or disregard) the surrealism and concentrate on the sex.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 02:18   Link #3
RommieSG
Heir to the Empire

There's not many series that I know of that actually have a plot worth paying attention to, rather than Bible Black.

Now F-Force...that's just hilarious to watch!
RommieSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 02:32   Link #4
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, although Bible Black comes to mind in hentai with plot, one should also try Itazura the Animation (G Spot Express). It has a good social commentary on a pervasive element in Japanese culture today: frotteurs. Of course, it still has superfluous amounts of sex, but it's a hentai: what else can be expected?

Hentai which are noted to contain a well-written (or at the least) decent plot include Kite and perhaps Mezzo Forte. Other than those I've mentioned, I haven't seen any with coherent plots - but I've seen a lot of surrealism.

I'm weird that way. I often watch anime that have little plot, but I seek hentai which have good ones.
Still, some hentai really offer percipient social commentary that normal anime series cannot tackle because of the material.
Old 2006-11-09, 02:33   Link #5
JayF

I did concerntrate on the sex, mostly, but seriously the plot here was just off the roof. Admittedly, if you took out the sex, there won't be much screentime left but still.
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 02:45   Link #6
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Don't worry. I'm like that with most hentai I watch. Like ... oooooooookkkkkkkkkaaaaaaayyyyy ...
Old 2006-11-09, 04:29   Link #7
tritoch

Heartwork should be taken as 3 separate series of events and the only relation to each other is the Gun.

there.. no spoilers =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote