AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-03, 09:24   Link #9101
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Then I hope it's gonna be Yuki Kajiura. I've never seen any of the former's work.
Heard Yoko Kanno live at Otakon this year.
Old 2014-01-03, 09:26   Link #9102
IndexOfIdeas

So basically if japan ever become insane they can 1 hit any enemy nation without anyone knowing?
Old 2014-01-03, 09:29   Link #9103
Chirst

Another epic open song will be risen.
Old 2014-01-03, 09:33   Link #9104
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndexOfIdeas View Post
So basically if japan ever become insane they can 1 hit any enemy nation without anyone knowing?
Yes and no.
Since that's a very bad choice. Also maybe japan is the peacemaker in this novel.

But maybe you may imagine lelouch with his DAMOCLES weapon. He can threaten every country. And other nation or everyone will be his enemy.
Old 2014-01-03, 09:36   Link #9105
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Well, they made it plainly obvious that they were responsible for Scorched Halloween so no. If they pull another one like that, then everyone will know that it was them so no. If they had gone crazy before they were ever attacked then yes.
Old 2014-01-03, 09:38   Link #9106
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Actually, Taku Iwasaki (Black Butler, Gurren Lagann, Soul Eater) is in charge of the music.
Close enough. Now that I think about it. His style seems more fitting for this project.

Quote:
Im a big fan of this novel and have always been browsing the forums for new updates but this is the only time i have the courage to ask.

does material burst can hit anything Godsuya see?

Then if that is true, would it be overkill if Godsuya ever gain the satellite the 7 sages use to observe the world?

He can just MB anyone even in the darkest corner of the earth.

pls enlighten me if im right about Godsuya's MB
Yes and the 7 sages don't use a satellite. Hliðskjálf is an information network mooching off of Echelon III.
Old 2014-01-03, 09:57   Link #9107
Chirst

Found another pic
credited by Richard winter
Spoiler for pic:
Old 2014-01-03, 10:07   Link #9108
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Let's talk about the Seven Sages...Anyone think there's a possibility of all of them one day serving under Tatsuya?
Old 2014-01-03, 10:10   Link #9109
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Let's talk about the Seven Sages...Anyone think there's a possibility of all of them one day serving under Tatsuya?
Not in the slightest. One of them made enemies of Tatsuya, Maya's going to get offed sooner or later down the road, and the silly guy supports him.
Old 2014-01-03, 10:15   Link #9110
Verisimilitude

Looking at the Dengeki website, I expect Vol.13 to come out March/April for the anime boost.
Old 2014-01-03, 10:20   Link #9111
hakazee

Quote:
??? And what's the reason ?

I think tatsuya want to live a simple and peaceful life.
Old 2014-01-03, 10:32   Link #9112
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
??? And what's the reason ?

I think tatsuya want to live a simple and peaceful life.

I don't think he cares either way. Whether or not he lives a life of peace or a life of power doesn't matter to him unless it becomes a question of what Miyuki wants. If Miyuki wants him to rule over the world or be in a position of influence I don't think he'd mind. And I think Miyuki wants everyone to know just how great her onii-sama is.

Also, I'm kinda equating the Seven Sages with the Saptarishis and those guys are kind of under Shiva. So...maybe?
Old 2014-01-03, 10:37   Link #9113
hakazee

Quote:
If Miyuki wants him to rule over the world or be in a position of influence I don't think he'd mind. And I think Miyuki wants everyone to know just how great her onii-sama is.
Are you sure ?
I think you should read volume 1
Old 2014-01-03, 10:40   Link #9114
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Are you sure ?
I think you should read volume 1
I know he likes his normal everyday life. I know he likes peace. But, I also think Tatsuya won't mind being in power if that's where Miyuki wants him to be. If he's ever given an opportunity to become someone in a position to change the world--Miyuki might urge him to take it (unless of course, she thinks its too dangerous even for him.) And with his logic, if changing the world means making it safer and happier for Miyuki he'd find a reason within himself to go through with it on his own will.
Old 2014-01-03, 10:58   Link #9115
Verisimilitude

Quote:
I don't think he cares either way. Whether or not he lives a life of peace or a life of power doesn't matter to him unless it becomes a question of what Miyuki wants. If Miyuki wants him to rule over the world or be in a position of influence I don't think he'd mind. And I think Miyuki wants everyone to know just how great her onii-sama is.

Also, I'm kinda equating the Seven Sages with the Saptarishis and those guys are kind of under Shiva. So...maybe?
With all due respect, you shouldn't use your Shiva=Tatsuya hypothesis for everything in Mahouka. It's a good theory, sure, but by using that theme as your main interpretation of the novel, it kinda narrows your viewpoint of the series. It's very possible that Mahouka is influenced by the idea of gods in the flesh, but its not the be all end all of the novel.
Old 2014-01-03, 11:18   Link #9116
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
With all due respect, you shouldn't use your Shiva=Tatsuya hypothesis for everything in Mahouka. It's a good theory, sure, but by using that theme as your main interpretation of the novel, it kinda narrows your viewpoint of the series. It's very possible that Mahouka is influenced by the idea of gods in the flesh, but its not the be all end all of the novel.

Of course it isn't. This is really just me trying to look for possible developments, that may be related to something I'm also interested in. It was just that there were also Seven Sages in one of the Shiva stories so I was thinking maybe Tsutomu might tie that into the story in some way. But not completely, the only thing those guys had in common with the sages in Mahouka is the title (and there were no female sages amongst the seven for one thing), and yes, having these many similarities between the two figures doesn't mean Tsutomu's going to incorporate everything. Just what he needs.

Granted yeah, even I think I might be going on too much about the heavy Shiva influences...it isn't the only thing this series has(and I'm just as fascinated with Tatsuya's Devil symbolism) but I couldn't help it...I grin like a moron every time I discover more about the two, and from a shipping standpoint...the more similarities the better.

So I try to look at the story from two angles: on one hand is me looking at the story on it's own merits and trying to guess what may happen based on what has been revealed so far, which could be anything since who knows what the future has in store. And on the other is me, having fun with the similarities and trying to predict the future from what I know from the myths.

But I apologize...if I might have been annoying people. But I thought it might have made for some fun discussion. ^_^
Old 2014-01-03, 11:43   Link #9117
IndexOfIdeas

Cant w8 for chapther 16 but im very excited on the coming 9 school competition.

im very sure Godsuya will be highly demanded to be the technician of most candidates mostly girlz wahahaha.
Old 2014-01-03, 15:59   Link #9118
JTeague

Since we're talking about Miyuki wanting Tatsuya in a position of power I have a question.

What exactly keeps Miyuki loyal and attached to the Yotsuba?

I get she was bred, raised, and learned as a Yotsuba through and through, so there's that, It's her family and her family responsibilities. But that sort of doesn't seem good enough lately?

She seems to not really like then, not really trust them, not really concern herself with them anymore than we have too.

It's stated (or implied? I don't recall exact words) That if Tatsuya ever turned against the Yotsuba she would likely support him. However it's also stated she would never leave the Yotsuba. making it seem her loyalty to Tatsuya equals her loyalty to the Yotsuba, even though a lot of the story leaves a strong impression that nothing equals her loyalty to Tatsuya.

So why?
is it because of her own reasons that I missed in reading?
or is it that Tatsuya himself keeps her attached to the Yotsuba as it's the safest course of action? I really feel like I missed something.
Old 2014-01-03, 16:20   Link #9119
aka113

It's been highly implied that her mother also used mental interference magic to make certain that Miyuki never betrays the Yotsuba. I forgot what volume it was but at the end of volume 7 or 8 miyuki had certain rebellious thoughts of the yotsuba and all of a sudden she forgot what she was thinking about.
Old 2014-01-03, 17:06   Link #9120
cyberdemon

There is some benefits to Miyuki remaining in the family. If she was to become the next head of the family like was epected then she could use her power to make Tatsuya a proper member of the family.

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings