Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-19, 07:13   Link #101
Super Pilot Pirate

Yeah, Char was pretty much a wuss by the end. LOL
Super Pilot Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 10:51   Link #102
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I really hate that whole enemy says something so you go into shock and get taken out bulls**t. They did it to Rey and now Zeheart. If Ezelcant could handle Asemu just fine without having to unlock Legilis and while focusing mostly on Kio, there's no reason Zeheart should lose this badly, if at all, even when he lost his head.
Old 2012-09-19, 11:07   Link #103
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

hmmm Zeheart is pretty mucn messed up in the head anyway before heading out to fight the gundams. And IMHO I think the way legilis was destroyed was better than legend and destiny in GSD. Especially legend when it really just stood there to receive the rainbow beams. You just gotta give credit to Asemu on how destroyed legilis. If you watch it again you'll see how he skillfully disabled all of the legilis weapons starting from the bits which arguably is it's deadliest weapon. Even the chest cannon was disabled by the beam saber(maybe?). Of course it's somewhat dissappponting but I think it's better than what happened on GSD. It's rushed but it's still awesome.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 11:37   Link #104
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The bit argument is moot because they've shown time and again that Legilis needs to stop first and 'summon' the bits, even the ghiraga before it had that weakness. then add to that how Asemu figured first how to solve the problem about SID's cloaking, he figured it out, before Zeheart can, and Zeheart had the advantage of being an X rounder in a suit that amplifies his abilities, and still he can't figure out a counter to SID's cloaking. Again, add to this that in the manga version of Memories of SID, Asemu has beaten SID, and is only was defeated because of SID's regeneration abilities, also add to that, the mere fact that he was at the forefront of the reason why Zeheart's plan failed, namely boosting the gundams, and evacuating the Diva; I'd say Zeheart just wanted his friend to slap him in the face, one last time before descending to the abyss.
Old 2012-09-19, 11:55   Link #105
Zeydra
A random passerby

I'd just like to point out that Asemu's stomping of Zeheart was like something in Destiny, but it most certainly wasn't the Rey vs Kira fight. It was the Athrun vs Shin fight. Both were one sided stompings because one of the combatants was literally going insane.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 12:00   Link #106
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's theorized that the X-Rounder's precognitive capabilities are reliant on detecting the thoughts of other people to figure out where they'll be when they attack. SID, which is an A.I.-controlled mobile armor, has no brain and therefore no thoughts for an X-Rounder to pick up on, so it makes sense that Zeheart wouldn't be able to figure out where SID was when cloaked.

To Zeheart's credit, during his final fight with Asem, while he was affected by his friend's words he did not stop fighting; even when the Gundam Legilis took an anchor hook to the face it was still firing off its vulcans. Better than Rey and how he "stood to receive the rainbow beams," as gundamdrawer so colorfully put it.
Old 2012-09-19, 12:07   Link #107
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To Zeheart's credit, during his final fight with Asem, while he was affected by his friend's words he did not stop fighting; even when the Gundam Legilis took an anchor hook to the face it was still firing off its vulcans. Better than Rey and how he "stood to receive the rainbow beams," as gundamdrawer so colorfully put it.
To be fair, there's not much fighting you can do against getting shot. Rey froze for an unfortunate instant, but before that, he was putting a much better fight against Kira than Zeheart did against Asem.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 12:09   Link #108
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, I can't speak for certain on the Rey/Kira final battle, having yet to see it, but I still get the feeling that Asem and Zeheart's final battle was more dynamic than it. I do know that Kira's final shot was yet another stock image of the full burst attack, which isn't really a point in its favor.
Old 2012-09-19, 12:15   Link #109
monster

Dynamic is certainly a good way to describe Asem and Zeheart's battle. And I think the short time actually helps in that regard.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 12:27   Link #110
overloard

Actually X-rounder abilities seems to be based on actual "future reading". Take for example Fram's vision of Zeheart's death or how Flit and Zeheart had "bad feelings" in their respective cases when enemy was about to fire beam cannon of doom.

As for Asemu, figuring out how to solve the problem of Sid cloaking or coming up with the idea of hyper boosting has little to do with actual combat ability, it's more like indication of flexible thinking. It doesn't really applies to the final duel, he didn't outsmart Zeheart or anything, just took advantage of his unstable mental state.

Last edited by overloard; 2012-09-19 at 13:01.
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 15:07   Link #111
Vsin
Aldracity

I'm pulling this idea out of my ass, but here goes...

...what if Zeheart actually charged out there to die? I mean, the guy has been shown to be roughly even against Flit/Asemu/Kio, and he runs out trying to take all three at the same time. Of note is that he also used no bits throughout his entire sortie, even before he had the arm chopped off. Nor do we see him using the Leglis' ejection system...which should've still been possible since the damage was body-only plus an open cockpit. If we take the implication that everything he has lived for was rendered a failure and farce, then him getting his ass kicked so badly on purpose makes some semblance of sense.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 15:24   Link #112
Raysoul

Zeheart rushed there in rage, believing he will defeat all the 3 Gundams with his Gundam. You could say he is insane there, looking on how he is haunted by the dead Vagan people and how he speaks very fast against Asemu. If he still has his cool, maybe the battle could last much longer.
Old 2012-09-19, 18:30   Link #113
Aquaman OS

No he rushed out in a last ditch "Either I kill all the Gundam's myself or I die trying" mentality. Either he made up for his massive blunder or he died. So when he was defeated, he just let himself die, no ejecting or heck he could have jumped over to Dark Hound's open cockpit if he really wanted. Of course none of that should have happened in the first place, but I think Age in general just shouldn't have happened at this point.

Hard to say whether Rey or Shinn or Zeheart had the best finale battle. All of them sucked to some degree, but Rey and Shinn at least a good few minutes each, and got some decent hits it, while Zeheart was destroyed in seconds without managing to do anything. But, while Rey just froze up and let Kira shoot him, Shinn and Zeheart fought to the end. However Shinn had lost it even worse than Zeheart, since his defeat involved him doing such genius things as attacking his own ally when she tried to get him to back off, attempting to block beam sabers with his bare hands, and then trying to kick the MS that had beamsaber legs.

Zeheart at least didn't do any blantantly stupid moves like that. He just kept on firing.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 19:17   Link #114
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
No he rushed out in a last ditch "Either I kill all the Gundam's myself or I die trying" mentality. Either he made up for his massive blunder or he died. So when he was defeated, he just let himself die, no ejecting or heck he could have jumped over to Dark Hound's open cockpit if he really wanted. Of course none of that should have happened in the first place, but I think Age in general just shouldn't have happened at this point.

Hard to say whether Rey or Shinn or Zeheart had the best finale battle. All of them sucked to some degree, but Rey and Shinn at least a good few minutes each, and got some decent hits it, while Zeheart was destroyed in seconds without managing to do anything. But, while Rey just froze up and let Kira shoot him, Shinn and Zeheart fought to the end. However Shinn had lost it even worse than Zeheart, since his defeat involved him doing such genius things as attacking his own ally when she tried to get him to back off, attempting to block beam sabers with his bare hands, and then trying to kick the MS that had beamsaber legs.

Zeheart at least didn't do any blantantly stupid moves like that. He just kept on firing.
Yeah, figuring out the best of the worst. The other two lasted longer than Zeheart once the 'fight' began, but didn't exactly go out well. Plus if you consider the after fight moment I'll take the Zeheart and Asemu conversation over well...nothing really from Rey and the ShinnxStellar moment.

I don't know, for some reason was just left smiling when Asemu was able to use all those weapons on Legilis and was going to finish off with a literal punch to the face .
Old 2012-09-19, 19:40   Link #115
Super Pilot Pirate

Quote:
Yeah, figuring out the best of the worst. The other two lasted longer than Zeheart once the 'fight' began, but didn't exactly go out well. Plus if you consider the after fight moment I'll take the Zeheart and Asemu conversation over well...nothing really from Rey and the ShinnxStellar moment.

I don't know, for some reason was just left smiling when Asemu was able to use all those weapons on Legilis and was going to finish off with a literal punch to the face . By FlareKnight
Old 2012-09-19, 20:49   Link #116
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post

this is OT but I can't help myself whenever I remember those things that shin did. XD He really lost his mind there.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 21:13   Link #117
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I'd just like to point out that Asemu's stomping of Zeheart was like something in Destiny, but it most certainly wasn't the Rey vs Kira fight. It was the Athrun vs Shin fight. Both were one sided stompings because one of the combatants was literally going insane.
So a disservice to the fans yet again. We'll never know how Shinn would ever fare against Athrun now since all his battles, when they were in equal mecha, never were resolved and when they do fight for real Shinn goes insane and than loses seconds later.

It seems history is forced to repeat itself!

At least Zeheart wasn't supposed to be the Main Character/Hero so the sting shouldn't hurt as bad as what happened to Shinn.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 00:16   Link #118
Super Pilot Pirate

Zeheart's Dying Monologue from the Game Thanks to Zeheart Galette tumblr for translation. Provides some prospective.

Quote:
PSP game version of the last conversation between Asemu and Zeheart. Anime version here for direct comparison. Translated by me because I’m obsessed and I like to torment myself. (Under cut because spoilers?)

Zeheart: “You’ve…”

Asemu: “Zeheart…”

Zeheart: “…finally caught up to me, huh? You, who are not an X-Rounder, have…”

Asemu: “Why….? Zeheart. That you’d go so far as to do something like this…”

Zeheart: “So far… Even though I’ve come so far… I couldn’t build Eden with these hands.”

Zeheart: “It’s falling… scattering from my hands. Why… am I unable to catch it?”

Asemu: “…There are things that just can’t be caught.”

Zeheart: “…!?”

Asemu: “It’s because we’re human. I was your enemy, but you saved me so many times.”

Asemu: “You couldn’t kill me. Even though you couldn’t have been called a guy who took pity on others…”

Zeheart: “…That’s right. I’m the same as you.”

Zeheart: “I didn’t have the resolve for fighting, yet I still went into battle.”

Zeheart: “But… I wanted to see it through. What Lord Ezelcant was trying to accomplish… Our dream.”

Zeheart: “Otherwise, I wouldn’t know what I’d been living for anymore.”

Asemu: “Zeheart…”

Zeheart: “Asemu… do you remember? Even now, I haven’t forgotten.”

Zeheart: “Every day I spent with you all in the Mobile Suit Club… Back then, I was content.”

Zeheart: “However… I actually didn’t want to admit that. Because then I would have ceased being myself.”

Zeheart: “You must have been envious of me because I had ‘power’.”

Zeheart: “However, now it’s the opposite. I also… wish I could have had a child with the one I love, and lived just like you.”

Zeheart: “I wanted… to be human, as well.”

Asemu: “…!? Zeheart!!”

(flashback)

Asemu: “It’s done!”

Shawee: “Finally! Now we can win for sure!”

Macil: “Amazing! We sure made it just on time. Zeheart, this is all thanks to you!”

Zeheart: “Thanks to me?”

Asemu: “We were only able to get this far because you were here. Thanks so much, Zeheart.”

Zeheart: “Asemu…”

(/flashback)

‘We were only able to get this far because you were here.’

(/flashback)

Asemu: “ZEHEART…!!”
Old 2012-09-20, 04:11   Link #119
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Pilot Pirate View Post
Zeheart's Dying Monologue from the Game Thanks to Zeheart Galette tumblr for translation. Provides some prospective.
Interesting. Definitely provides a bit more insight into Zeheart's character than the shorten version in the anime. Within the context of being human, what Zeheart says about wanting a family makes more sense since as a "warrior", he does not have time for civilian life.

Also, the confession that Zeheart was always as unresolved as Asemu and only coax himself into fighting for Ezelcant is a very nice touch. It brings dramatic irony to their relationship throughout Gen 2, as Zeheart was basically in the same position as Asemu, with Ezelcant being his "Flit". From that perspective, Zeheart can be considered a what-if of Asemu if he didn't discover his own purpose and formulate his own ideas.

Which is really a shame. If these points have been brought up in the anime, and sooner, Zeheart could have been an interesting and complex character. Here, he is just a shell, bearing some characteristics of a complex villain that end up seeming just all over the place.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 08:13   Link #120
Super Pilot Pirate

I really wonder how long Zeheart had to live due to the Mars Rays effects? That could of had an effect on his outlook on his mission as well. Personally, I believe that Zeheart's character wasn't all over the place. At the end, he just decided to throw the humanity he had down the drain as a means to please Ezelcant. Thus when he failed, he had nothing to lose and be came almost a rabid beast that Asemu had to put down in a quick systematic fashion. He threaten Asemu's son and then unlocked Asemu potential even further to defeat Him. Blind Faith worked against him.

Also, this battle is kinda resembles Judau vs Haman Karn's final battle in Gundam ZZ even with pilot propeling them self away from the opponent to explode.

Last edited by Super Pilot Pirate; 2012-09-20 at 08:14. Reason: Typo

Tags
weekly episode discussion