Notices

Old 2013-11-30, 21:38   Link #7681
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
WDE!

Man if only my Tigers hadn't had a case of the drops-its against the Bayou Bengals of LSU.

This is how the Iron Bowl should be every year!

If AU can take care of business in the SEC Championship and Michigan State can drop OSU, they could sneak into the National Championship.
Won't happen. Duke and MSU have no chance. My nightmare scenario of FSU/OSU is bound to happen...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 21:54   Link #7682
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

What a great Saturday of football!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Won't happen. Duke and MSU have no chance. My nightmare scenario of FSU/OSU is bound to happen...
This is the BCS, and with the SEC bias, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Auburn hops the undefeated OSU. And that would be the BCS's Marcus Hall-style double bird on its way out.

Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 22:46   Link #7683
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
What a great Saturday of football!

This is the BCS, and with the SEC bias, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Auburn hops the undefeated OSU. And that would be the BCS's Marcus Hall-style double bird on its way out.
Wouldn't complain if they did, but I want AU to get there fair... I will be a big fan of MSU during their game next week if AU takes care of business.

Also, it wouldn't be the first time the BCS didn't work-out perfectly (see 2004... which oddly had AU left-out and saw Choke-lahoma fall flat versus SoCal).
Old 2013-12-01, 16:31   Link #7684
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Great we just won our way out of Bridgewater now. I can't fucking take this. First we shit away our season by going 0-8, THEN we want to start winning meaningless games that only amount to us pushing ourselves further down the draft.

I can't take it man I can't fucking take this
Old 2013-12-01, 17:39   Link #7685
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Great we just won our way out of Bridgewater now. I can't fucking take this. First we shit away our season by going 0-8, THEN we want to start winning meaningless games that only amount to us pushing ourselves further down the draft.

I can't take it man I can't fucking take this
There are plenty of other Quarterbacks that could be very good. I wasn't totally sold on Bridgewater, I was around 65 percent that we should take him. There are other Quarterbacks in the first round we can trade down for. Such as Derek Carr or Johnny Manziel. We could outright select Marcus Mariota. All Quarterbacks have potential, while Manziel and Mariota are to be wary of since both look to run very often. Derek Carr may be the next best thing since he fits a pocket passer, but still has the ability to run when under pressure.

It appears that we are either 2nd or 3rd in the draft depending on whether the Falcons lose. There is also the chance that the Texans won't select a Quarterback, being defensive minded as they are. There is also a chance that they may still win games that are upcoming since Gary Kubiak is most likely playing for his job.

Then there is just passing Quarterback all together in the first round and selecting one in the second. We could select either Jadeveon Clowney that will solve another big problem in our pass rushing or get a dual threat in a pass rusher and tackler in Anthony Barr. Quarterback is high in depth this year and there are very good one in the second round. Such as Zach Mettenberger, Brett Hundley, and A.J. McCarron are all solid prospects.

There is a lot we can do to get a Quarterback. I don't see any sure thing in this Draft in Quarterback this year especially about Bridgewater since he plays a weak schedule. Its all about providing necessary growth and training for our franchise Quarterback. Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Russell Wilson were not picked first in their draft class and looked how they turned out. Its how you developed them. This is Caldwell remember, you can trust his scouting ability to get us a solid or great draft selections.

Be optimistic, concentrating on one player is not a good thing. You have to look for others in case if it doesn't go that well.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 19:52   Link #7686
Samari
World's Greatest

Took care of business against the Rams. Kaepernick finally had a good (not great) game against a defense that wasn't a complete joke. Crabtree looked good in his comeback debut. The offensive line is now missing two starters and I don't know what the future holds for Joe Staley. At least Boone played alright when he slide over to tackle. The run game is still not on track. And that might be a result of missing two starters, but before Staley went out it still wasn't looking great. Frankly it hasn't for the last few weeks. I don't think Gore is the issue as no one is really getting room to run. Teams still might be selling out to stop our ground game and take chances with Kaepernick's passing. Oh and Roman is still a bonehead at times with his playcalling and the way he utilizes personnel. Why the fuck is Anthony Dixon getting so many touches over Hunter or James? The only time he should see the filed is on special teams or in garbage time. And I thought we were bringing the WCO back to SF? Whatever. I have no complaints about our defense. We continue to dominate fools.

Next week will be Seattle. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 20:36   Link #7687
sky black swordman

Well, the Chiefs drop their 3rd game in a row (35-28) and are 9-3 on the season. They will play the Redskins next Sunday.

The Titans (as expected) lose to the Colts (22-14) and their wild card spot. The Ravens now hold the final wild card spot.

The Dolphins beat the Jets 23-3.Geno Smith was finally benched in the 2nd half in favor of Matt Simms.

Other scores:
Jaguars 32 Browns 28
Vikings 23 Bears 20
Eagles 24 Cardinals 21
Panthers 27 Buccaneers 6
Patriots 34 Texans 31
Bengals 17 Chargers 10
Falcons 34 Bills 31
49ers 23 Rams 13
Old 2013-12-01, 21:05   Link #7688
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
There are plenty of other Quarterbacks that could be very good. I wasn't totally sold on Bridgewater, I was around 65 percent that we should take him. There are other Quarterbacks in the first round we can trade down for. Such as Derek Carr or Johnny Manziel. We could outright select Marcus Mariota. All Quarterbacks have potential, while Manziel and Mariota are to be wary of since both look to run very often. Derek Carr may be the next best thing since he fits a pocket passer, but still has the ability to run when under pressure.

It appears that we are either 2nd or 3rd in the draft depending on whether the Falcons lose. There is also the chance that the Texans won't select a Quarterback, being defensive minded as they are. There is also a chance that they may still win games that are upcoming since Gary Kubiak is most likely playing for his job.

Then there is just passing Quarterback all together in the first round and selecting one in the second. We could select either Jadeveon Clowney that will solve another big problem in our pass rushing or get a dual threat in a pass rusher and tackler in Anthony Barr. Quarterback is high in depth this year and there are very good one in the second round. Such as Zach Mettenberger, Brett Hundley, and A.J. McCarron are all solid prospects.

There is a lot we can do to get a Quarterback. I don't see any sure thing in this Draft in Quarterback this year especially about Bridgewater since he plays a weak schedule. Its all about providing necessary growth and training for our franchise Quarterback. Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Russell Wilson were not picked first in their draft class and looked how they turned out. Its how you developed them. This is Caldwell remember, you can trust his scouting ability to get us a solid or great draft selections.

Be optimistic, concentrating on one player is not a good thing. You have to look for others in case if it doesn't go that well.
Hundley and Mariota probably aren't coming out and I don't think McCarron or Mettenberger will be anything special in the pros at all. McCarron sucks honestly and won't be anything more than a back up. Mettenberger is starting to strike me as Carson Palmer type who may just be having one good streak of games his last year in college, he's also getting hurt too much.

Carr and Manziel are the only prospects I think have potential other than Bridgewater coming out this draft and Carr could very well turn into his brother while Manziel is going to have injury and interception problems, and I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick in the draft on either of them in the first place, and Caldwell probably wouldn't do that. So as far as I see it we're screwed out of a QB again unless Carr or Manziel (or maybe even Tajh Boyd) fall to the second round.

We could really end up winning 5 games or something at this rate and be completely out of the top 5 picks altogether. This team really needs talent and if we're not careful we'll win our way out of getting a chance at top talent at the most important positions altogether. i'd really rather see us lose out the rest of the way than win anymore.
Old 2013-12-01, 21:24   Link #7689
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Hundley and Mariota probably aren't coming out and I don't think McCarron or Mettenberger will be anything special in the pros at all. McCarron sucks honestly and won't be anything more than a back up. Mettenberger is starting to strike me as Carson Palmer type who may just be having one good streak of games his last year in college, he's also getting hurt too much.

Carr and Manziel are the only prospects I think have potential other than Bridgewater coming out this draft and Carr could very well turn into his brother while Manziel is going to have injury and interception problems, and I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick in the draft on either of them in the first place, and Caldwell probably wouldn't do that. So as far as I see it we're screwed out of a QB again unless Carr or Manziel (or maybe even Tajh Boyd) fall to the second round.

We could really end up winning 5 games or something at this rate and be completely out of the top 5 picks altogether. This team really needs talent and if we're not careful we'll win our way out of getting a chance at top talent at the most important positions altogether. i'd really rather see us lose out the rest of the way than win anymore.
There are a couple of weeks left of College Football left as well the bowl games afterwards so I think it is too quick to judge on these Quarterbacks. While yes, aside from Mariota, these Quarterbacks I listed are not top 5 picks. However, they are the ones with the ideal body size and basic attributes to shaped into an ideal form. I rate Carr highly, if we trade back to get him and a bonus of a first round and extra picks I will accept that. However there are more options for us.
Old 2013-12-01, 22:28   Link #7690
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Did Knowshon put in some eye-drops or something before this shot? Becuase are some thick ass tears.

Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 23:12   Link #7691
Samari
World's Greatest

The Redskins/Giants game isn't actually God awful. Surprising.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 23:20   Link #7692
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
There are a couple of weeks left of College Football left as well the bowl games afterwards so I think it is too quick to judge on these Quarterbacks. While yes, aside from Mariota, these Quarterbacks I listed are not top 5 picks. However, they are the ones with the ideal body size and basic attributes to shaped into an ideal form. I rate Carr highly, if we trade back to get him and a bonus of a first round and extra picks I will accept that. However there are more options for us.
After looking into Carr more I'd feel more easy about taking him. I'm not sure we could get him if we traded back a few picks though, from what I've been reading hype on him might boom around the combine and he could very well go in the top 5. Some people are now putting him on par with Bridgewater as a prospect if not having a higher ceiling. I'm not sure about all that but just looking at his stats they're very impressive. He also apparently played in a pro style offense his first two years.
Old 2013-12-01, 23:44   Link #7693
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
After looking into Carr more I'd feel more easy about taking him. I'm not sure we could get him if we traded back a few picks though, from what I've been reading hype on him might boom around the combine and he could very well go in the top 5. Some people are now putting him on par with Bridgewater as a prospect if not having a higher ceiling. I'm not sure about all that but just looking at his stats they're very impressive. He also apparently played in a pro style offense his first two years.
Carr is rated as the top senior Quarterback and plus he plays at Fresno State whose schedule is much more difficult than Louisville. He is a good prospect, he is currently borderline in many draft boards listing him between overall 7 to 13.

My true wish for the Jaguars is to somehow end with two first round picks in the draft. So we can select him and another high ranking pick, possible I want the best offensive guard Yankey.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-01 at 23:57.
Old 2013-12-02, 00:47   Link #7694
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The Redskins/Giants game isn't actually God awful. Surprising.
That utterly cataclysmically bad blunder by multiple refs on getting the down count wrong and screwing over Washington is an utter disgrace. How the hell did a 3rd down be called by other refs as a 1st down and then deceive Washington into maying a 1st down play when they still needed a yard?! Seriously hope the refs involved get burned for this, because Shanahan had every damn right to be mad. Griffin finally was completing most of his passes (although his receivers dropped sitters late...AGAIN...), then the Giants go berserk on defense (Justin Tuck...yikes...where the hell did that game come from?!). Close but ultimately marred by utter stupidity. This is the modern era for the love of...Washington had a decent chance to send that game into overtime. This is worse than Tomlin's interference last week.

And I thought the final siren debarcle in the AFL in 2006 was bad...
Old 2013-12-02, 02:32   Link #7695
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Carr is rated as the top senior Quarterback and plus he plays at Fresno State whose schedule is much more difficult than Louisville. He is a good prospect, he is currently borderline in many draft boards listing him between overall 7 to 13.

My true wish for the Jaguars is to somehow end with two first round picks in the draft. So we can select him and another high ranking pick, possible I want the best offensive guard Yankey.
Ok, I'm fully on the Derek Carr bandwagon now. I think he just might be worth a top 5 pick and if Caldwell takes him I trust him that he'd be worth the pick since he was involved in getting Matt Ryan. I really see no reason why Carr can't be a great NFL QB or even why Bridgewater is considered a better prospect than him after this season. Only negative against him I've found is his footwork in the pocket and he's apparently fixed that this season. You probably can't go wrong with either Bridgewater or Carr and Carr probably has more upside since he seems to be more athletic, faster, and with a bigger arm and frame.

It will actually be interesting to see what happens if the Texans don't take a QB with their pick, the Falcons and Rams obviously would not take QBs with their top picks, and the choice between Bridgewater and Carr falls to us anyway. It will be very telling to see if Caldwell takes Bridgewater or Carr as far as how he is as a talent evaluator since we'll get to see how they pan out the following year at the same time.
Old 2013-12-02, 03:38   Link #7696
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Would Tampa Bay and Washington provide issues with that? I doubt Washington would since they paid a king's ransom to get RG3, but they're now in that mix at 3-9. I figure they want someone at RT since Polumbus is the weak link. Tampa, Glennon has been steady but whether he's what the franchise wants long term, who knows.
Old 2013-12-02, 07:58   Link #7697
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Ok, I'm fully on the Derek Carr bandwagon now. I think he just might be worth a top 5 pick and if Caldwell takes him I trust him that he'd be worth the pick since he was involved in getting Matt Ryan. I really see no reason why Carr can't be a great NFL QB or even why Bridgewater is considered a better prospect than him after this season. Only negative against him I've found is his footwork in the pocket and he's apparently fixed that this season. You probably can't go wrong with either Bridgewater or Carr and Carr probably has more upside since he seems to be more athletic, faster, and with a bigger arm and frame.

It will actually be interesting to see what happens if the Texans don't take a QB with their pick, the Falcons and Rams obviously would not take QBs with their top picks, and the choice between Bridgewater and Carr falls to us anyway. It will be very telling to see if Caldwell takes Bridgewater or Carr as far as how he is as a talent evaluator since we'll get to see how they pan out the following year at the same time.
If we do aim for Derek Carr, might as well get a lot of value out of it. Currently Cleveland is in the 8th spot and there are so many mock draft saying they will select a dual threat Quarterback. We already evaluated Mariota as not the Quarterback for us, we are a pocket passer scheme which is horrible for Mariota since he hasn't play if a scheme such as that and even his own coaches said in public that Mariota is not made to be cuddle into a pocket passer scheme. Since Cleveland want a dual threat Quarterback, we can trade down to the 8th spot and guarantee to get Derek Carr with some extra picks while they get Mariota. Its a win for both teams.

Also, funny to note is that Derek Carr is rated as the second best Quarterback in College Football behind James Winston while Bridgewater is rated third.
College Quarterback Ratings

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-02 at 13:37.
Old 2013-12-02, 20:05   Link #7698
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
If we do aim for Derek Carr, might as well get a lot of value out of it. Currently Cleveland is in the 8th spot and there are so many mock draft saying they will select a dual threat Quarterback. We already evaluated Mariota as not the Quarterback for us, we are a pocket passer scheme which is horrible for Mariota since he hasn't play if a scheme such as that and even his own coaches said in public that Mariota is not made to be cuddle into a pocket passer scheme. Since Cleveland want a dual threat Quarterback, we can trade down to the 8th spot and guarantee to get Derek Carr with some extra picks while they get Mariota. Its a win for both teams.

Also, funny to note is that Derek Carr is rated as the second best Quarterback in College Football behind James Winston while Bridgewater is rated third.
College Quarterback Ratings
Comparing their play ever since Louisville loss to UCF it's well deserved. I really think Carr's floor is Jay Cutler the more I look into him. His ceiling could be Aaron Rodgers.
Old 2013-12-02, 20:16   Link #7699
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I like the idea of us making that kind of trade with Cleveland btw. They could give us their second first round pick. But at this rate we may have a lower draft position than them altogether, lol.
Old 2013-12-02, 20:25   Link #7700
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I like the idea of us making that kind of trade with Cleveland btw. They could give us their second first round pick. But at this rate we may have a lower draft position than them altogether, lol.
It all depends on how much they want it, if not Cleveland then there is the Vikings and Raiders. Currently right now the Jaguars are second pick overall in the draft. Updated Draft order

There is huge debate on what the Houston Texans might do. At first I though it was Quarterback, though looking at it closely. They just signed Matt Schaub into a big contract and are experimenting highly with Case Keenum. They cannot just outright cut a prospect they are currently developing that is looking good in Keenum nor they can't just simply cut Schaub who will result in $21,250,000 in dead money. There are highly deep analysis that the Texans may just trade back, getting Clowney would sound good but you got J.J Watt and you cannot go for Barr either because they have a Line Backer corps that is already heavy in depth.

Tags
american football, sports