AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-09, 09:26   Link #12001
demino_hellsin
That one guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Way_i...eature=related (eternal love from ff13)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JycIz6YvVN0 (you and the beautiful world nico nico chorus version)

soundtrip... all japanese ballads though.

EDIT: Wow I'm on a roll >.>
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 09:31   Link #12002
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meistah - Why though? Is it because he saved her or does something that makes her fall in love with him? or maybe she just saw him being a good manager/tactician/butt monkey and she started to get a crush? Also, does this mean she's the true LI? foe Maximillian?
Yes to all 3 points at various points of the 2 seasons.

I said before, Browning, Pillai, Louise and Maya are the anime/fic's romance focus. Not going to be so mean to make him fall for one of the students then tear them apart at the end of 2 years!

But the Idolm@ster thread has me wondering WHO AT NAMCO STOLE MY IDEA AGAIN!! That was supposed to be my IS xmas fic damn it!!
Old 2011-12-09, 09:36   Link #12003
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Do they all fall for him first or does he have to go after them? Maya seems be be crushing on Ichika or Chifuyu and Browning's a troll of epic proportions. Louise likes him while Pillai just denies her feelings.

Also, isn't Louise a student? Doesn't that mean she'll be also ripped from him after 2 years?

Side note - Lolz, Karon got dropped from his LI list She used to have Maximillian gunning for her in her reverse harem, now she's a chaste/celibate idol
Old 2011-12-09, 09:50   Link #12004
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Anyone had that feeling before where you assumed you reached a high level but then somebody completely unstoppable just completely keeps you knocked down? Not curbstomped but makes you feel utterly inferior.

Thinking if I should have Rong feel this at some point.
Old 2011-12-09, 09:55   Link #12005
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - Do they all fall for him first or does he have to go after them? Maya seems be be crushing on Ichika or Chifuyu and Browning's a troll of epic proportions. Louise likes him while Pillai just denies her feelings.
All takes effort:

Browning starts viewing him in better light after he survives her attacks more often than not.

Louise mistrusts and trolls him, then slowly appreciate his effort for both the group and her, then had to bury her heart to follow her orders to betray the group that had become her friends. Max takes it on himself to see this through and...

Pillai's just on the side, but when Max remembers moments of their past, she bristles. For what reason?

Maya's probably the least well planned. I might even just go with the above 3, thats 3 girls across 3 seasons, and after that I really would like to focus on the idols and fighting... LOL

Quote:
Also, isn't Louise a student? Doesn't that mean she'll be also ripped from him after 2 years?
She's a 3rd year, so she's graduating at the end of the year. After her betrayal (and redemption), she returns as a teacher. If she wins, she leaves the ISA after the 2nd year with him. If not, she remains behind as the new teacher advisor for the club.

Quote:
Side note - Lolz, Karon got dropped from his LI list She used to have Maximillian gunning for her in her reverse harem, now she's a chaste/celibate idol
I tossed Palm Heir to Gin too. Needed a Prince x Princess fairy tale, so Karon lost out.

The pilot got reverted to being an adult ace with little contact with Karon, so again that's gone.

The sole 'love interest' left is Irish... and you know how that's going to turn out.

Come to think of it, I've been taking a lot of things from Karon. First her Chessmastery, then her uberpowered Merlion Vandam, then her close-combat and sporting talents, then her BOOBS, and now her love interests, and her fame is ever reducing!

If Karon knew of her previous versions, she'd be very very sad...

...or maybe that's why Silver Karon turned out a little snarky.
Old 2011-12-09, 09:55   Link #12006
Eratas123

@ Demi - Yeah. I'm planning to put this in Shadow and in the Mondo Grosso defense in particular. This shows when Phantom Task pretty much demolishes all of the protags apart from Chifuyu and Maya and get away scot free at the end.

Why do you want to put it?
Old 2011-12-09, 09:59   Link #12007
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I imagine to myself that when Rong is fighting the instructor during his AE test, he fights but with Fillia's reminder of "no killing" this seals off a lot of his moves since he's used to killing(or putting them in a state of imminent death) instead of beating his opponent. The instructor notices this and continues the fight but she makes it apparent that she's holding back as well, holding a lot back. But the fight never reaches an advantage, it just keeps going back and forth to the instructor's pace.

Rong remembers the first time he came face to face with an IS and how he had taken down Fillia's IS in one shot, how he fought a military IS while holding back just as much and nearly getting away. He feels disillusioned that even though he got so strong, there were people at a level who are greater than him. He would probably question if he got weaker.
Old 2011-12-09, 10:05   Link #12008
Eratas123

@ Meistah - I want Louise to win for some reason. She has genuine reason to troll him (they're not on the same side) unlike Browning and she's really close to his age bracket to boot. Once again, Maya gets shafted for the others I swear, she seems to turn people off from including her in fics like she has a "please ignore me" aura going for her

Karon's turning less and less important as the series goes on for some reason. her boobs and over powered Vandam I can get (She can get those later) but her LI's and fame getting shafted is a bit mean. She has her own fanbase, right? Also, she fits the model of idol people tend to like (Young, cheerful, appeals to the audience, and multi-talented). Irish being her LI works but only if she drops the chaste act at some point. He's not going to push for it if she acts innocent since he'll assume she's not interested. That and the fact that they have a (an admittedly non-canon) downer ending to their romance.

Is Maximillian the main protagonist? He seems to be shaping up to be more like Kyon as the series goes on.
Old 2011-12-09, 10:14   Link #12009
Eratas123

@ Demi - I'm not exactly sure how to respond to that, sorry. Irish is the only character in Shadow (and possibly in this entire forum) who has no power armor or overly sci-fi equipment and relies more on intelligence to win. His angsting over losing a fight is seen as retarded by the other cast members since he literally attempted to bullrush an IS unit with multiple arms and ended up getting stabbed in the gut for all his troubles since he wasn't meant to fight head on.

Rong, on the other hand, is seen to be strong already and his age is young to boot so his angsting can be seen as overdramatic and pointless. That and the fact that his skills are above most adults makes it seem like he's overreacting.
Old 2011-12-09, 10:15   Link #12010
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In a sense, Shooting Stars revolve around 4 people: Max, Karon, Houki, and Louise. The other Stars take turns in the spotlight. But is true that Max is almost always in all the episodes, in a sense the series is about the Idols as told thru the eyes of Max.

And it'll be a while before Karon stops to notice the men around her. First year on herself, 2nd year on her new band. The downer ending took 3 years to arrive, and I'm not making it any shorter even in the non downer version.
Old 2011-12-09, 10:17   Link #12011
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: I'm not going to have him whine about it. Probably be confused, in a slump, and doubt himself a little. Though I'll probably have to make that relevant later on.

EDIT: Oh god the plot dots connected and now I wanna stab myself in the head for thinking so far ahead.
Old 2011-12-09, 10:28   Link #12012
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Kyon = Maximillian and Haruhi = Karon. You know this is true Maximillian reminds me of the manager from the idolm@ster manga, actually. Does maximillian ever get fangirls like Ichika does in either the st@rs or the students?

I'm glad I'm making any possible IKaron have happy endings I dislike bad endings to romances (I'm okay with non-romance downer endings) Also since Karon isn't an ISper in Shadow

@ Demi - Just have Fillia call him on it. All three protags get called out by the other cast members in Shadow for angsting about losing to trained adults while they're only teenages (Ichika is 15, Kyuukai is 17, and Irish is 14).
Old 2011-12-09, 10:57   Link #12013
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
The rationale on why the world don't have transformable 3rd gen yet is probably because unit that transform is impractical (due to weaker joint that most likely will break off in the middle of the battle or even high-speed flight) while true transformable IS(AKA 4th gen) don't have that problem.
Yeah, in my IS dossiers, the Adarna was the only fully transformable IS in a sense that it has another mode and an IS mode, not the fold-out gimmick of the 4G IS units- real transformation w/ a manned IS would leave Tabane scratching her head for now- yes the question of the Adarna somehow boggles her- but in her scale of things, it may be a totally minor issue.

Yes the 1G Adarna's weakness had been of the frame joints, that's why it can only transform below a certain speed- that is why it was expensive to develop and was the only IS that had any sort of transformation before the Akatsubaki came along.

Now upgraded to "3G" status, the Adarna's joint weaknesses are all but eliminated, allowing for a much higher speed of transformation, which is infact only limited to the pilot. The Adarna's only problem now is getting the proper loadout and "color form" combinations right, which is also pilot dependent.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 11:00   Link #12014
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - Kyon = Maximillian and Haruhi = Karon. You know this is true

Maximillian reminds me of the manager from the idolm@ster manga, actually. Does maximillian ever get fangirls like Ichika does in either the st@rs or the students?
Oh I really should get back into that manga. But that manga bugged me on something, Haruka as a screaming, hentai-beating tsundere?! Thats like saying Karon beating up Irish for trying to hold her costume together. Or in that manga, Iori and Haruka switched places.

If Max wasnt a deconstruction of Negi I'd totally go that route with Max and Karon...

Yes, he gets fangirls, shipping him with Ichika. Hence he avoids them where possible. but his class is the opposite. Yup, Max can never win.

Quote:
I'm glad I'm making any possible IKaron have happy endings I dislike bad endings to romances (I'm okay with non-romance downer endings) Also since Karon isn't an ISper in Shadow

I'm leaning towards IKaron myself, just that its still early for that. Needs a lot of slow, steady progress and lots of backtracking. But Irish is going to have to change as much as Karon, so right now its hard to plan what's going to happen that far.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:13   Link #12015
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Why exactly did he get the most troublesome class? He's a rookie teacher so you'd think they'd make him a sub teacher or vice homeroom instead of the other way around with Browning. There's also the fact that his students seem to get away with things no matter what they do to him. Add to the fact that he seems to get abused by damn near everyone and I'm wondering why he hasn't just gone "Eff this, I'm outta here!". It might be interesting to see how that decision affects the rest.

Irish was made as a jerkass, prejudiced anti-hero on purpose to show how much his character actually changes in the story. This is noticeable later on since he goes from quiet and introverted to more open and friendly with others. His main defining trait is his hatred of the IS and it's pilots by extension which the story pretty much beats out of him.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:28   Link #12016
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Max is the sub homeroom teacher of the class, with Browning as the main. He's in that class cos all his idols are in there. Also, he's a gaijin, and in my fanon, class 2 is the unofficial gaijin concentration class. If his idols weren't there, he'd have given up. But in the face of girls younger than him doing things he never dreamed of, Max decided he wasnt going to lose out and hung on. It pays off within weeks, and I intend for him to eventually win over the ultrafems in the coming years too. Like a Broducer.

also, he'd much rather be hated than violated with yaoi fantasies...

Ah...! Then I guess the eventual ship may be official! I think Zero is crying manly tears now.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:49   Link #12017
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ooooh the drama bug in me tingles!

Its near end S2 and Karon finds herself left behind by the other stars. Then comes that Hero TV may be facing cancellation. And just when she thinks things cant get worse, Louise betrays the team. Now Karon being the only idol present must faceoff one of her own friends, alone.

Louise shoots, Karon barely deflects it out of the way, and the slug blows up the Copernicus bridge.

Cue screams and tears. Will anyone survive that accident?!!

edit: who am I kidding. but Max will be out of action for a while, and Louise will think that Karon killed Max. The setup for a heartrending climax is complete.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:51   Link #12018
Eratas123

@ Meistah - But he never once yells back when the abuse and butt monkeyness piles on? Most people snap at some point. Even if he doesn't leave, I still think he'd yell and say enough is enough and that he's their teacher/produce, not their chew toy. Irish and Ichika do this later on when their temper flares and they get pushed past their limit.

Right, too bad it has a downer ending I guess we'll just have to hope they get a happy ending where they actually get together and not an esoteric one like meeting again when Irish is most likely going to die already

Side note - Does Karon ever grow taller? This might cause some problems in the long run

EDIT: Where did all the other idols go? They're still classmates and clubmates, they should still see each other.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:57   Link #12019
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Ooooh the drama bug in me tingles!

Its near end S2 and Karon finds herself left behind by the other stars. Then comes that Hero TV may be facing cancellation. And just when she thinks things cant get worse, Louise betrays the team. Now Karon being the only idol present must faceoff one of her own friends, alone.

Louise shoots, Karon barely deflects it out of the way, and the slug blows up the Copernicus bridge.

Cue screams and tears. Will anyone survive that accident?!!

edit: who am I kidding. but Max will be out of action for a while, and Louise will think that Karon killed Max. The setup for a heartrending climax is complete.
Gerard is in his office composing the deal that would allow him to buy Hero TV.

"Sir, we have an event rolling in HTV."

"What, now?"

"Yes Boss."

"TV on."

"..."

"..."

"Great, just as I am about to buy the darn station/channel/network, this happens. Do we have any [Dimsight] coverage in that area?"

"Yes we have but Unit 1 is down for repairs after that last "stress test" and run-in with the "nezumi". Unit 2 is still being built, and our mobile units can be set up within a matter of hours."

"Nevermind. Let's see how this goes."
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 12:04   Link #12020
John117xCortana

I was sitting in my chair for a while and I just came up with a crazy idea. How would an IS pilot with a personal IS fare against a Servant from Nasuverse Fate/Zero or Fate/Stay Night ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest