AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-05, 11:18   Link #21
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
lol i heard they're pretty good friends. gaming buddies i think. i read somewhere they like to collect hot toys and oda gave kishi one for his collection. would love to see a
Censorship has been added*
Old 2013-06-05, 11:24   Link #22
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh my Usopp, where are you looking at in that color page?
Old 2013-06-05, 11:35   Link #23
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Censorship has been added*
censorship? lol
Old 2013-06-05, 14:26   Link #24
marvelB

Well, this chapter may have been somewhat uneventful, but I still enjoyed it (and LOVED that color page). It's actually pretty cool to see Law and Caesar interacting with the other Straw-Hats (I found Usopp pressing his nose against Law particularly amusing! ). Also can't wait to check out these dwarves. Judging by how they caught that one fighting fish and disarming the marines of their weapons (and clothes), they seem like they may actually be a force to be reckoned with.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Several things to add:

Luffy & Bellamy's conversation is a bit touching.
Bellamy regrets how he hasn't changed a bit, feeling disgraced, but Luffy comforts him that he has indeed changed.
Bellamy replies that Luffy is the one that changed, what with powerful haki and cheering him on.
He tells him his pride has been broken, but contrary to these statements, smiles.

Yeah, I liked that scene, too. it really is amazing how Bellamy turned almost a complete 180 during the skip. I actually have some respect for the dude, now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
And why did Law say he is enemy of the marines. He may be an ally of the Straw Hats now, but he wasn't stripped of his title, so he still is a Shichibukai.

...for now, maybe. But once the rest of the marines confirm the alliance for themselves, that won't be the case for long. And seeing as there's most likely an admiral prowling around Green Bit, it may not be very long before Law's status is revoked.....

And speaking of Fujitora, my guess is that his DF ability is what "threw" that battleship towards GB. At least, since he seems to have a gravity-type power, it wouldn't seem far-fetched for him to be able to levitate it across the bridge, out of reach of those vicious fish. Though the fact that the ship apparently crash-landed on the island may indicate that he might not have the greatest control over his ability!
Old 2013-06-05, 15:04   Link #25
golgo13

Is Kaido a dwarf too? Hehe that would be wild.

Really cool how Robin used her ability to capture the dwarf, really interested to learn more about them and if they are related to the fairies at all.

Tough to tell whether Bartolomeo's reaction is one of love/hate/fear etc.. Wonder if he will become an ally of the strawhats.

How the marine ship got stuck on the banks of Green Bit is a mystery. Why was the plant sliced up at the base? Hina making an appearance?
Old 2013-06-05, 15:11   Link #26
marvelB

Quote:
Was it ever mentioned, that a Shichibukai isn't allowed to make alliances? I can't remember something like this, so from my point of view Law didn't do anything which should result in a loss of his position.

Thing is, we gotta remember that the pirate Law chose to ally himself with is kind of a huge thorn in the WG's side. They wouldn't be very approving of such a partnership (nor do I believe they'd approve of most pirate alliances in general). I mean, if it weren't such a big deal, then guys like Dofla and Crocodile wouldn't be running shady businesses underground, would they?
Old 2013-06-05, 17:13   Link #27
Spammowarrior

Quote:
Was it ever mentioned, that a Shichibukai isn't allowed to make alliances? I can't remember something like this, so from my point of view Law didn't do anything which should result in a loss of his position.
Well I think Hancock didn't want to be seen with the strawhats at sabaody, so it's only natural to expect a lot of rage from the WG towards Law, for this alliance.
Old 2013-06-05, 17:23   Link #28
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And speaking of Fujitora, my guess is that his DF ability is what "threw" that battleship towards GB. At least, since he seems to have a gravity-type power, it wouldn't seem far-fetched for him to be able to levitate it across the bridge, out of reach of those vicious fish. Though the fact that the ship apparently crash-landed on the island may indicate that he might not have the greatest control over his ability!
The ship crash-landing is most likely Fujitora's doing. It's being implied that the marines didn't get to Green Bit by conventional means, and anything out of the ordinary is totally what we would expect from an admiral. I also suspect that he made those "fresh" wounds on the plants.

Law is going to get seriously messed up. If his remark on conserving energy to deal with Doflamingo wasn't enough, there's also the vivre card that he gave to Nami's group at the beginning of this arc.
Old 2013-06-05, 19:00   Link #29
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
From the TOC page.... according to Kishimoto (Naruto artist), Oda was drawing next chapters while he was bedridden in the hospital.
Kishi saw the pages at the hospital room... so I guess he went to check up on Oda at the hospital.

Bakuman much?
So, your saying Kishi is trying to see what Oda is up to secretly or some thingXD Kishi isn't that desperate is he

Any ways, I really enjoyed the chapter, glad the series is back

Bellamy is turning out to be a pretty cool guy, I'm sure hey'll be back to help out Luffy in the finales and later in the arc. I'm thinking hey'll be the Jinbei of this arc to Luffy

Don't know what was with Bart's reaction, I like the idea of him being a fan though or the other idea of him working for kid

Law's group is starting to get intresting, now either Law has always knew he'd fight Dof and wanted to or is preparing to fight in case its a trap? Either way should be good. Like that Law's powers have a weakness, now should make Luffy/Law V.S Dof fight more intense

Looking forward to the next chapter

edit;

I'm getting a Thriller Bark vibes if all of your theorys do come true.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-06-05, 19:43   Link #30
adriankhoo153

Drawf!

Old 2013-06-05, 20:39   Link #31
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I hope the dwarves are not dull caricatures. That would be pretty boring. This arc isn't getting much better as it is.
Old 2013-06-06, 20:44   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Law is going to get seriously messed up. If his remark on conserving energy to deal with Doflamingo wasn't enough, there's also the vivre card that he gave to Nami's group at the beginning of this arc.

Yes, that does seem pretty likely now. After all, one can't exactly expect to make an enemy out of Doflamingo, the marines, AND (eventually) Kaidou and come out of the conflict unscathed.....

Anyway, as far as the other Straw-Hats' situations go, I'm actually pretty interested in an update on Sanji. I mean, he got seduced by some random dancer chick who wants him to murder someone. Personally, I think it would be kinda interesting if the dude Violet wants dead is Cavendish (who's something of a goofy ladies' man himself), but that's just me.
Old 2013-06-06, 23:49   Link #33
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Yah, I have an idea Dof's got some thing in mind for Law's group, like heck hes going to let him get away with thatXD

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-06-07, 01:21   Link #34
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 710
That was not a bad. Laws power being tied to his stamina is one heck of a achilles heal. I wonder if the dwarves are the one stealing Zoro's sword. Maybe Zoro will be at the hostage exchange saving Law, Robin, and Ussop. That would be cool to see Zoro take on Doflamingo. Has for the Arch Luffy has the best part so far. If Law kept his title and Doflamingo does not then Law and Admiral Fujitora could be allies. That would be heck of a twist and a smart move on Law for slipping green bit location to Smoker. I wonder if Doflamingo and Admiral Fujitora see that Law is manipulating the exchange, all the people, and the intel?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-06-07 at 07:45.
Old 2013-06-07, 08:14   Link #35
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

I wonder what that cloud marine guy is planning

i wonder if crocodile is gonna appear in this arc
he somehow has a grudge on doflamino
Old 2013-06-08, 02:25   Link #36
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
I don't really think so.
Isn't every DF power limited by the Stamina of the user? To me it seems like a common weakness (just like Haki). Even though Luffy somtimes really 'streched' his stamina (Iva's hormones and the like).

But seeing how Law gave Vergo the final strike, his stamina shouldn't be really much of a problem (or he really gave everything he had left at this time).
Maybe his DF uses a lot of stamina. as compared to other DF. e.g so far it appears that logia don't need much effort to change and Luffy doesn't even need to do anything to activate his rubber properties.

This is on top of normal stamina drain like moving and punching.
Old 2013-06-08, 08:38   Link #37
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
I don't really think so.
Isn't every DF power limited by the Stamina of the user? To me it seems like a common weakness (just like Haki). Even though Luffy somtimes really 'streched' his stamina (Iva's hormones and the like).

But seeing how Law gave Vergo the final strike, his stamina shouldn't be really much of a problem (or he really gave everything he had left at this time).
Everybody is different
Law's stamina is like a Nerds, while Luffy and Zoro's stamina is like a jocks. Who do you think would last longer in wrestling match? Nerd who reads books all day or the the Jock who trains all day? Everybody has strong points, and Laws is not fighting. His strong point is his brain, he uses his power all the time to assist him, and he tries to think ahead for everything. His true skill is with his hands and his brain. He is a surgeon and a tactician.

Second Law's DF power using stamina. That means he can not be in prolonged fights with anyone. Have you noticed the fight with Smoker he did not try to match him. He went for the heart. Look at Vergo's fight. Smoker got Law's heart back. Once that happened he was able to take Vergo out really quick. The battle was not long at all or his contribution to the battle is short but affective. None of Laws battles have been long, all of them have been short. If Dalfamingo knows about Law's Achilles heal then that may be the reason why Law is saving his energy and letting Robin, Ussopp, and CC fight his battles.

Thought
If Law cut through a normal person it must be effortless. Now if he cuts through a person like Vergo who used his Haki does that mean he has to pump more stamina into it? If this is true then his battle with Dalfamingo will require even more.

My Verdict
If law goes toe to toe with Dalfamingo by himself, I don't think he will win at all or even come close. If he is banking on the Shichibukai title to save him then he is playing one heck of a gamble. Right now there is two Shichibukai statues in question and Admiral Fujitori has to figure who is still working with the WG. If that is Laws plan and he manages to succeed, then that will be the second greatest manipulation in history second to Black Beards (when he got Marines and white Beard to fight).

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-06-08 at 08:49.
Old 2013-06-08, 08:59   Link #38
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

After PH, trading DF users makes sense (to me, I'm slow ) - someone could buy them, kill them next to a fruit and they'd have the power for themselves or their crew... Pretty interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
Drawf!

Old 2013-06-08, 12:02   Link #39
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Agreed that Law is more of a brains than brawn fighter. Grey is absolutely right in that his fights have been short, which lends credence to stamina being an issue for his ability. He's got to keep his energy up to its fullest to deal with Doflamingo if he hopes to have any chance against him. What's an alternative to this stamina issue? Don't fight using your DF. But we all know Law isn't really a physical brawler, so he would be even worse off without his abilities. Right now, in addition to keeping his stamina up, he's banking on his support to come through for him worst-case scenario. Problem is, Fujitora is the real wild card here; and depending on how he goes about his business, that could potentially make or break Law's plans.
Old 2013-06-08, 15:56   Link #40
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Unsure where to post this but Takkō Ishimori, The VA for Sengoku died on June 5th.