AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-05, 01:43   Link #41
wombatlord
All Wombats Shall Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
What's it rated?
Under a Barrel is rated PG for comic violence and people having love lives off screen.
Old 2006-02-05, 01:44   Link #42
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Where Are The Hardcore Yuri Fanfics!?!
Old 2006-02-05, 02:16   Link #43
wombatlord
All Wombats Shall Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Where Are The Hardcore Yuri Fanfics!?!
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-05, 07:08   Link #44
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatlord
Spoiler:
LMAO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmog
Well after ep. 17 I had not much kleenex left. But your fic did lift the spirits. *take that as you will*
LOL :heh
Quote:
It'd be odd that the ShizNat gets me in a good mood for my carrer fair in three days. Maybe my little sister is right, I am a bit too nice and sensitive for my own good.
No, don't give that up......just ask the straight girls, sensitive men are hard to find.
Quote:
Also Kieli, you need one of your art-friends to make some art of this. How would you like to see some wet ShizNat with their clothes all clinging to thier bodies? That and I PM'd some questions for you and I haven't gotten any answers yet? Well I bet you're a busy woman and all.
Already in process I've not forgotten your PMs....but I have been a tad busy this weekend as I am on-call for the hospital for the next week (read 24/7) O_o Not fun.
Old 2006-02-05, 08:01   Link #45
Shigan
Forever a Journey

ROOooOOAAAR! Shigan is back in Beijing for some serious writing kickass for 3 -whole- days before another trip of questionable decency and morality takes her to Dalien and hopefully Qingdao.

*dances around Kieli*

Great update! I can already -
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-05, 22:10   Link #46
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Whose the freaking culprit?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2782455/1/
Old 2006-02-05, 22:39   Link #47
imperialmog

Send a message via AIM to imperialmog Send a message via Yahoo to imperialmog
Questionable decency and morality? Why do I get the image it involves travelling China whith mayo guns and a negi sword in a manner that Midori would approve? I heard from Kieli that she has some interesting friends online but now I know.

That and I wonder if I'm the only male who's a fan of ShizNat pairing that doesn't have a fanserivce based reason. Though admittedly, it doesn't hurt either. Though I think with Natsuki is that she needs a puppy.
Old 2006-02-05, 23:41   Link #48
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
ROOooOOAAAR! Shigan is back in Beijing for some serious writing kickass for 3 -whole- days before another trip of questionable decency and morality takes her to Dalien and hopefully Qingdao.

*dances around Kieli*

Great update! I can already -
Spoiler:
Shigan's just being naughty.....but she's harmless well mostly.

Speaking of which, I just noticed a rather fluffy (but terribly short) Chie/Aoi vignette on SA.
Here ya go:

http://www.shoujoai.com/forum/topic_...l?tid=33676#fp
Old 2006-02-06, 00:21   Link #49
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialmog
Questionable decency and morality? Why do I get the image it involves travelling China whith mayo guns and a negi sword in a manner that Midori would approve? I heard from Kieli that she has some interesting friends online but now I know.
I never liked mayo, way to much fat. Chocolate sauce on the other hand may have a hand in what I'll be up to. As for Negi swords, another no, the shape is not completely useless I guess but as said mayo, I have other personal preferences. ^_^ Did that come across as dirty? -So- sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
Shigan's just being naughty.....but she's harmless well mostly
Naughty? ME? While someone is trying to keep 4 pages of Shiznat smut all to herself? HA

Ara, just another day left in Beijing and I didnt get much written at all, distractions distractions...sigh

Last edited by Shigan; 2006-02-06 at 04:14.
Old 2006-02-08, 09:57   Link #50
twh
Something or other...

Thought I'd contribute a bit with probably the first fanfic about Tate. It was done as part of a livejournal group where you had to write twenty 'facts' about a character/pairing/whatever. And since our lovable shounen retard hardly gets any fanfiction, I thought I'd take up the challenge!

Enjoy...or not.
Old 2006-02-08, 18:03   Link #51
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Yup. Terribly short... A bit more details would be nice...
Old 2006-02-08, 22:51   Link #52
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmog
That and I wonder if I'm the only male who's a fan of ShizNat pairing that doesn't have a fanserivce based reason. Though admittedly, it doesn't hurt either. Though I think with Natsuki is that she needs a puppy.
Well I for one suki me fanservice.

That being said, my reason for liking Shiznat is the romantic aspect, which for me is far and above any fanservice titillation. The whole reason I liked the pool scene in episode 9 was because it suggested that they were somewhat comfortable with each other and possibly (though I read a lot into all those 3 second scenes) romantically involved.
I'm becoming a big softy for romance as I'm getting older, and it's the idea of these two as a luvey-duvey couple that makes me all squiffy inside.

Speaking of squiffy, I was shedding happy tears reading Kieli's "All With Good Intentions" and Shigans "Learning to Walk" fanfics last night. I was in an "Aw Shuck's" happy mood all day at work today. ShizNat's is just so darn cute.

Kieli, you have to finish that story.
Old 2006-02-08, 23:13   Link #53
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Speaking of squiffy, I was shedding happy tears reading Kieli's "All With Good Intentions" and Shigans "Learning to Walk" fanfics last night. I was in an "Aw Shuck's" happy mood all day at work today. ShizNat's is just so darn cute.

Kieli, you have to finish that story.
Isn't Shigan spiffy? I love her stuff. All With Good Intentions is done for now.....the sequel will pick up where Chapter 11 left off. Hopefully you all will be patient with me whilst I get working on it
Old 2006-02-08, 23:33   Link #54
philip72

Quote:
Isn't Shigan spiffy? I love her stuff. All With Good Intentions is done for now.....the sequel will pick up where Chapter 11 left off. Hopefully you all will be patient with me whilst I get working on it

Totally spiffy, and you are as well. The two of you are so emotive when you write. If I wrote fanfic's they would be very descriptive and clinical sounding, I would never be able to conjure up those feelings of love and romantic angst, which the two of you seem to do so effortlessly.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel.
Old 2006-02-09, 02:07   Link #55
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
I - I'm spif...? .......UeeEEHeeeEEHEehehEEHEEE!!!

*Stands in victory pose, brandishing fans ahoy with Mt. Fuji as background*

DAMN RIGHT PAL, I - AM - SPIFFY!!! OOOHOHOHOHOHOHOOO!!!

/Shigan gets Kiyohime'd XD

*cough* um...actually guys, thanksalotitmeansalottome... *turns into five years old chibi-self, runs and hides behind Kieli's legs*

Philip72, check out "Just Another Sunday" by Insane Alecto too, I have a inky feeling of that you'll like it
Old 2006-02-09, 02:18   Link #56
philip72

Quote:
Philip72, check out "Just Another Sunday" by Insane Alecto too, I have a inky feeling of that you'll like it
Waaah! Your totally right.

That was so sweet and gooey (If I had any mayo in the fridge I would have made a ham & mayo sandwich for world peace right away).

Thanks Shigan, I have a goofy grin on my face right now.
Old 2006-02-09, 02:53   Link #57
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Did you read Seravy's vignettes btw? Also great great stuff, love her writing to death.

btw, Kieli dear, you wouldn't know what your beta is up to? I've been chewing up my keyboard in waiting for her continuation.

*holds up 'DONT HURT SHIZNAT' sign*

And oh, I missed this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
I would never be able to conjure up those feelings of love and romantic angst, which the two of you seem to do so effortlessly.
If you only knew... you should have seen that *thing* I sent Kieli to beta through. One of those days I'll find myself at the end of a pair of mayo guns, begging her to let my hull remain slim. XD
Old 2006-02-09, 10:09   Link #58
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Say...since Mai Otome seems to be getting fairly popular, and there's a few fics for it out, will pairings vary or be repetative?

Last edited by Yazakura; 2007-04-15 at 01:17.
Old 2006-02-09, 12:15   Link #59
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

I'm hoping they won't be; with HiME, the couples were pretty much set in stone; Shiznat (with a peek of Nato), Maite ('cuz Taai looks awful, and I'm not including Shite for obvious reasons), Akumi ('cuz we all KNOW who wears the pants in THAT relationship) and Ramen/Mikoto.
...Mikoto was pretty much the character with the most possibilities.

In Otome, though, only Shiznat is pretty much decided;
Arika could end up with Nina or Mashiro (or Sergei, but... um...)
Nina: Sergei (again, um...) or Erstin (pre-greensparkling)
Mashiro: Takumi, Arika or Nagi (for the political drama plots... )
Nao: Shiho (XD) or Arika/Nina (or spiderman, really...)
Chie: Aoi
Shiho: A jamaican voodoo master by the name of Bubba

The point is, the main characters of HiME had their couples set; in Otome, though, the main trio is pretty much floating around... for now. Things might change, we've got 9 episodes left, and HiME just LOVED to throw curveballs at us at this point, so...
Old 2006-02-09, 15:24   Link #60
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Did you read Seravy's vignettes btw? Also great great stuff, love her writing to death.

btw, Kieli dear, you wouldn't know what your beta is up to? I've been chewing up my keyboard in waiting for her continuation.
I have no idea. The woman jumped ship and I've not seen her since. School must be kicking her butt. We've not talked in almost a week!

Quote:
If you only knew... you should have seen that *thing* I sent Kieli to beta through. One of those days I'll find myself at the end of a pair of mayo guns, begging her to let my hull remain slim. XD
Subtle, you are not I'll try to finish it up tonight and send it back to you.

Now that there's a new category for Mai HiME/Mai Otome at FF.net, I figured I'd link you all for it...some good stories there:

http://www.fanfiction.net/l/2244/3/0/1/1/0/0/0/0/0/1/

Quote:
Totally spiffy, and you are as well. The two of you are so emotive when you write. If I wrote fanfic's they would be very descriptive and clinical sounding, I would never be able to conjure up those feelings of love and romantic angst, which the two of you seem to do so effortlessly.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel.
Holy ShizNat, Batman, I'm blushing! *shocked look* Oh lord, must...hide...self.....!

Last edited by Kieli; 2006-02-09 at 15:51.
Closed Thread