AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-07-16, 17:24   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 639 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers not yet released...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 01:31   Link #2
Lunarskylar

So Juubi Jinchuriki has weird ass orochimaru abilities...

And alright, looks like sasuke may still be cookoo bananas
Old 2013-07-17, 02:02   Link #3
Pudakillz

Anyone that thinks Sasuke is a good guy is on crack. What did you guys think about the last two pages?
Pudakillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 03:36   Link #4
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudakillz View Post
Anyone that thinks Sasuke is a good guy is on crack. What did you guys think about the last two pages?

Did Sasuke not just save Naruto with his Susanoo?, and by wanting to delete Obito's past then save everyone else?. seems to me that Sasuke is doing the right thing......... don't be surprised if he really makes a run for the Hokage!. and by that restores his Clan's pride.
Strange though, when Sasuke looked at Obito, and said "NOT YOU"?.
his Senses understood that Obito is Tobi who he thought of as being Madara from before when Itachi's eyes burnt Tobi's arm in the caves.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 04:00   Link #5
Battler-kun

Ehm, no, you misunderstood it.

He wants to be the one that wipes out Naruto, his past. Thus he protects him for now.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 04:44   Link #6
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Damn, Sasuke is a weird(I really found it amusing to find him bashed by other authors :P Well I`m not the one who will bash Sasuke , am I?)

Obito is a hard guy to beat now since he contained the Juubi(Incomplete) and is it a mistake to kill your own sensei(For what reason he attacked Minato in the first place?), someone must put him out of his misery now(I WANT IT NOW :P)
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 04:50   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't get what's going on in this chapter between Sasuke and Naruto

well, Obito's power is disgusting....
and Madara stepped in the right time...

we should wait for Kages to enter the battlefield
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 05:00   Link #8
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I don't get what's going on in this chapter between Sasuke and Naruto

well, Obito's power is disgusting....
and Madara stepped in the right time...

we should wait for Kages to enter the battlefield
The Kages are already there in the battlefield fighting the Juubi while Hashirama is facing off Madara

Sasuke is the weirdest character right now since Kishimoto did a 180 on Sasuke without the character development part. IT really took me by surprise when Sasuke decides to become Hokage.

Sasuke as Hokage? I dont look forward seeing that part.
Old 2013-07-17, 05:57   Link #9
forcerounds

It's was a radical change but Sasuke isn't the crazy villain that wanted to kill Naruto anymore. Now he's situated himself into the rival position from the old Team 7 days once again. This time it is more political. In the last moment of the chapter, Sasuke wants to be the one to end the war by killing Obito instead of Naruto. It's possible that will happen given that Sasuke has been stealing the spotlight since Naruto at full strength was not able to stop the Juubi before. This among several other things challenges Naruto's dream of becoming the Hokage.

Sasuke could be pardoned of his crimes given that he helped to eliminate the Edo Tensei army by fighting Kabuto, saved the lives of all the current Kage by reviving Orochimaru, and turned the tides of the war for the alliance for demanding the presence of the previous Hokages. His goal of seemingly destroying all of the Bijuu has some practical value considering the Bijuu are linked to every single war and hostility the Villages have had towards each other and are also linked to the downfall of the Uchiha clan. It's a message that could more shinobi could relate to than Naruto's discovery that the Tailed Beasts can be friendly if they are treated better. Still, Sasuke won't have it easy. He's still a traitor, and he still has two living Jinchuuriki who won't give in to his anti-bijuu agenda, if that's what is happening here.
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 06:03   Link #10
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

trust me Only Orochimaru can defeat them. he even escaped death
Old 2013-07-17, 06:24   Link #11
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

based on the flashback back photo of team seven and naruto's part getting slashed in half, i think sasuke wants to be the one to kill naruto, although i wonder why?, the change in his character has not been clear ever since he talked to the four kages.

he wants to be the hokage and also kill naruto, may be this is to the death match between naruto and sasuke for the seat of hokage or may be sasuke has some other reason that he wants to kill naruto

this was actually a revelation to the change in sasuke's character, but i guess we will have to wait until the end of war to completely understand it,
i think kishi is giving us tiny bits of it to keep us confused
Old 2013-07-17, 06:38   Link #12
Tchadnis

Although Obito still doesnt control the juubi fully , he still has some good proficiency at doing it, creating news techniques , and shaping his body ? the way he fight is similar to Orochimaru how he can expand his body like a snake. but yeah it look like Sasuke want to be the one to beat Naruto not someone else ...
Old 2013-07-17, 07:26   Link #13
Monster0

I don't think Madara is confronting Hashirama for regular play time,his trump card may have to do with Hashirama cells.Hashirama's wood style is good at oppressing Juubi chakra,Madara needed it before to summon the Gedo statue,so he might do some funky Zetsu thing to him.

Actions speak louder than words,so i take Sasukes ninja posturing with a grain of salt.The ending panel makes me feel that things might get desperate enough for gifts and eyes to be giving out soon.But the Kage's and Orochimaru aren't there yet so that feeling could be premature.

As far as closer for this story all i can think of is the war,Sasukes intentions and some lore,lots of lore please.Yes i know there are left behind characters,Yamato,Kabuto,etc.But they fall into the categories So what and Who cares.this includes the romance junk as well.

Watch Kabuto be the last villain.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 07:52   Link #14
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
based on the flashback back photo of team seven and naruto's part getting slashed in half, i think sasuke wants to be the one to kill naruto, although i wonder why?, the change in his character has not been clear ever since he talked to the four kages.

he wants to be the hokage and also kill naruto, may be this is to the death match between naruto and sasuke for the seat of hokage or may be sasuke has some other reason that he wants to kill naruto

this was actually a revelation to the change in sasuke's character, but i guess we will have to wait until the end of war to completely understand it,

That`s what give me a massive migraine(Kishi you better talk LOL ) ) If that event happens, it`s time to bash Sasuke so hard with reasonable points(He needs attitude management, I REPEAT attitude management) Is there no Sasuke`s character development lately?

Would that Sasuke make a villain then if he were to kill Naruto because he wants to get that position? I mean this is about Naruto, the main character.
Old 2013-07-17, 08:30   Link #15
jmacintosh

The seal that appears on Obito's back after he goes after the 3rd...Is he absorbing or sealing Hiruzen in any way? It seems there is some significance to him making contact with the enemy through that black fluid. Now that he has touched Sasuke and Naruto is he absorbing or sealing them now as well?
jmacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 08:39   Link #16
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Another chapter and yet further demonstration of just how much stronger Obito is now that he has the 10-tails sealed within him. Thankfully, the process seems to have robbed Obito of his ability to speak. Considering how much whining he did before this transformation, I'm kinda glad that he does not speak much of anything for now. Strong, silent and deadly to all. As Tobi he was humorous. As "Madara" he was cold and calculating. As Obito he was a gigantic whinefest, moaning at the pains of his non-existent heart. This is definitely a positive step-up from before.

-Sasuke...I'm having a hard time taking seriously. I get that Kishimoto has to give a reason for Sasuke and Naruto to fight once and for all, but I don't get the reasoning behind it. What exactly did Naruto DO to warrant Sasuke's wrath (though it isn't like it takes much to earn it in the first place)? Last I checked he is one of his biggest supporters throughout the story. It just doesn't send a good message here: "Grrr Naruto, how dare you defend my good name and believe in me? That act fills me with murder frenzy".
Old 2013-07-17, 09:17   Link #17
DarkRaven
GOD

well sasuke wants to get rid of all the tailed beasts and that includes kurama who happens to be sealed inside naruto.. on the other hand naruto wishes to save the tailed beasts so there's one reason why sasuke want to kill/defeat naruto
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 09:44   Link #18
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven View Post
well sasuke wants to get rid of all the tailed beasts and that includes kurama who happens to be sealed inside naruto.. on the other hand naruto wishes to save the tailed beasts so there's one reason why sasuke want to kill/defeat naruto
If their ideals clash each other (clash = opposite) :

a. I expect a fight between the two once and for all. May the righteous win
b. Negotiation

I`m not expecting Sasuke to pick a fight because of jealousy, power-hungry(I hate that attitude/trait), or for his 'glory'
Old 2013-07-17, 11:43   Link #19
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post

Where did all this Kill Naruto come from? are you guys following the same story as I am. this is a guy who turned him back on the Village to kill his Brother and restore his Clan's name. this has nothing to do with killing Naruto.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 11:49   Link #20
forcerounds

That scene is so vague it could mean more than one motive on Sasuke's mind. We'll have to wait to find out. A good way to do this would be for Sasuke and Naruto to be sent to Obitio's dimension so that they can chill for a bit and talk to Kakashi.
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion