AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-21, 15:51   Link #21
taichikun14

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatokan
I like all of the voice actors except for most of the new ones... I really don't think that they are adding much to the show except taking away time from the good characters.
i couldn't agree with you more. with every new school rumble episode that comes out, i'm just hoping and praying that it will deal with the main characters from season 1 instead of the new ones like asou, lala, etc.
Old 2006-06-30, 03:43   Link #22
Shredder

Slightly off topic but: for anyone who games, if you've played any Dead or Alive did you know Eri-chan's voice is the same as Hitomi's (Yui)? I miss DOA since I sold it for my Xbox--is it remaining exclusively with Microsoft? I'd like to hear more of that voice, best voice and she was my fav character even before I knew. I guess I just liked that voice (Naru too), although her character was fun too. Anyway this is remotely related to SR/Eri and seiyuu appreciation...kinda
Old 2006-06-30, 04:09   Link #23
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

*puts hand up* Hitomi fan right here as well. Don't know how that post can be off-topic when IT is related to Eri's seiyuu. We're appreciating her other characters as well that's all.
Old 2006-06-30, 16:27   Link #24
Shredder

The many voices of Eri-chan. Hitomi in DOA3 was done many yrs ago, about 5 and same with Naru+Honda compared to Eri. I wonder how voices change and how long it takes for seiyuus to call it quits
Old 2006-06-30, 17:45   Link #25
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well but of course... Eri is voiced by Yui Horie herself, who after his work as Naru Narusegawa in Love Hina is considered one of the top notch seiyuus out there, with works in Da Capo (Kotori), Fruits Basket (Tohru) among others

Quote:
Yakumo's voice is a little deep
You are talking about Noto Mamiko here! another of the most recognized seiyuus of the new generation out there, specially for her well known female deep voice... her most memorable other works (at least for me) are Shimako in Marimite and Ai in Jigoku Shoujo (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=3166)
Old 2006-06-30, 18:08   Link #26
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan
You are talking about Noto Mamiko here! another of the most recognized seiyuus of the new generation out there, specially for her well known female deep voice... her most memorable other works (at least for me) are Shimako in Marimite and Ai in Jigoku Shoujo (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=3166)
True. Being 25 and already in the top 5 in last year rankings. I say that's damn amazing.

Last edited by lil-d01; 2006-11-29 at 04:33.
Old 2006-06-30, 20:29   Link #27
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I had first heard Noto Mamiko in the first season of Sukuran when I watched it earlier this year, and since then, I have unexpectedly heard her in a number of other anime: Mai HiME/Otome, Mahou Sensei Negima, Shakugan no Shana, and Solty Rei.

I think she does a great job, and she'll always be a voice that I'll always be able to recognize.

Last edited by Maximum Burst; 2006-07-01 at 00:58.
Old 2006-06-30, 20:41   Link #28
Shredder

I don't see her in Shana? I know she was the wimpy guy (Yukinari) in Girls Bravo...it's funny thinking it's the same person as Yakumo
Old 2006-06-30, 22:07   Link #29
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

She was Hecate, the Absolute Throne.
Old 2006-07-02, 09:01   Link #30
vitellus314

Why does Lala speak so strangely? Did she also speak like this in the first season because I just only notcied it recently?
Old 2006-07-04, 17:22   Link #31
biomy

not only did yui perform as hitomi, but she also voices for a character in rumble roses--i think she is candy cane?
Old 2006-07-04, 21:16   Link #32
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Lol. I was hoping that infamous game won't get mentioned here. Oh well.
Old 2006-07-05, 18:59   Link #33
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
I was looking at the Seiyuu list in SR Ni Gakki yesterday, and I found out something surprising.

Hirano Aya (a.k.a. Suzumiya Haruhi VA) is going to VA Yuko Sasakura, replacing the old VA.

So Haruhi fans out there, this might be worth hearing
Old 2006-08-11, 03:10   Link #34
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i was listening to some love hina songs today and i was like thats sawachika eri! i had forgot it was the same actor

anyway this is what the real tenma looks like for real, its like the perfect match

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-11, 23:36   Link #35
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit

anyway this is what the real tenma looks like for real, its like the perfect match

Spoiler:
O.O!! Where did you get that?? I only got a 'portrait' shot of her.
Old 2006-08-13, 18:02   Link #36
Arkhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitellus314
Why does Lala speak so strangely? Did she also speak like this in the first season because I just only notcied it recently?
I donīt know, maybe the seiyuu exaggerates the mexican accent to create a more comical character. However I think itīs not a mexican accent, I think they want to emphasize that sheīs so rough
Old 2006-08-13, 19:22   Link #37
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkhan
I donīt know, maybe the seiyuu exaggerates the mexican accent to create a more comical character. However I think itīs not a mexican accent, I think they want to emphasize that sheīs so rough
lol, you would think her voice actor would get tired of yelling so much. I give much props to the seiyuu for making Lala so entertaining to listen to.
Old 2006-08-13, 19:27   Link #38
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

And so easy to recognise that it's her. Especially in episode 10 where she pretends to be Tenma. That was damn hilarious. XDDD The same with Tenma's impersonation.
Old 2006-08-13, 19:46   Link #39
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-d01
And so easy to recognise that it's her. Especially in episode 10 where she pretends to be Tenma. That was damn hilarious. XDDD The same with Tenma's impersonation.
lol I just had to recall that part after your post. That was extremely funny. Not only does the voice actor have to play her usual unique Lala role, but she has to affect her voice in such a way to sound Tenma-ish. It came out all wrong I have to say though that that was kawaii, but very funny nevertheless.
Old 2006-08-14, 00:07   Link #40
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Cute + Funny = At least five times replaying that part. (the first two I didn't hear properly cause I kept on laughing XD)

I swear I cannot help myself by worship Koshimizu Ami when she makes Tenma impersonate someone. Damn good and funny~

She even does that in real life anyways~ LOL!
Closed Thread