AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 25
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 93 44.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 43 20.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 14.01%
7 out of 10 : Good... 19 9.18%
6 out of 10 : Average... 9 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 6 2.90%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 2 0.97%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 4 1.93%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-24, 17:23   Link #201
Kamui04

Well, there were are at least a few people that asked who the Blue Haired Fairy was, in the early pages of the thread. So another two wondering why Asuna was absent from the ending isn't so surprising lol.

But considering that a big chunk of the character design in the anime industry has the same face with just a different hairstyle and color. It's understandable that people would fall into either of two reactions. Those that recognized the color swapped Asuna or those that didn't recognize her even if she had the same voice (and hairstyle to boot) lol.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 20:36   Link #202
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
But considering that a big chunk of the character design in the anime industry has the same face with just a different hairstyle and color. It's understandable that people would fall into either of two reactions. Those that recognized the color swapped Asuna or those that didn't recognize her even if she had the same voice (and hairstyle to boot) lol.

That statement makes me sad!!!
Old 2012-12-24, 20:41   Link #203
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post

Well, there actually a lot of animes where characters have the same character design and a still quite popular. eg. Amagami SS
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 20:51   Link #204
azuyuki

Did anyone but me think of the ending to the WoW Episode of South Park when they saw this ending?

"Now what do we do?"
"What do you mean? Now we can play the game."
Old 2012-12-25, 10:08   Link #205
Joe_fh

boo it's over...

What do I do now ._.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 11:52   Link #206
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Finally got to watch to ep. Pretty cool ending.
Old 2012-12-25, 17:38   Link #207
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
boo it's over...

What do I do now ._.
Pick up the Light Novel?

But yeah I agree the anime industry seems to have a template for body structure nowadays. They just come and look at the descriptions then go "What crazy hair design and color are we using this time?"

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 19:07   Link #208
Joe_fh

I know, but I just want to see more. I enjoyed the whole setting, mood and how it fit in way too much every week for half an year. It's like something's missing now :<

Also - I did that a few hours ago. I'm at chapter 18 at the moment
Old 2012-12-26, 01:46   Link #209
Insane
Banned

^That means you've already passed chapter 16,5?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 01:50   Link #210
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
I know, but I just want to see more. I enjoyed the whole setting, mood and how it fit in way too much every week for half an year. It's like something's missing now :<
oh, the "two years load of *****", it'll never happen.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 04:03   Link #211
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:

Also - I did that a few hours ago. I'm at chapter 18 at the moment
I agree, so everytime I see critics espousing better stuff I just go and think "More content please" :P

Then again the way it's structured A-1 made the anime complimentary rather than a stand alone. o-o

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 07:51   Link #212
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm surprised about the confusion with blue hair asuna.

I mean, seriously, who the heck else could it even be?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 08:41   Link #213
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
^That means you've already passed chapter 16,5?
I've heard about that but haven't read it. It was in the original internet release before they were published. Not that I can't find it if I look for it but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
oh, the "two years load of *****", it'll never happen.....
Not what I had in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I agree, so everytime I see critics espousing better stuff I just go and think "More content please" :P

Then again the way it's structured A-1 made the anime complimentary rather than a stand alone. o-o
Indeed.
I also went through a few episodes (more like scenes) after reading. They all had little "nods" towards the light novel. It'd be nice if they had explained them better in the anime. If you know they're there you'll notice a brief scene every now and then and go "oooh, I know what he's doing here even though it's a one second scene" .
Old 2012-12-27, 08:06   Link #214
maelstormCaT

heheh, chapter 16.5 was removed from bakatsuki. it's not really that important to read anyway, it's just... --ethic code turned off-- scene.

For all intent and purpose, just assume they've done it and move along to the next chapter.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 09:29   Link #215
Joe_fh

It's kind of weird to have a whole chapter about that considering the rest of the first volume. But it's not that big of a deal. Since it wasn't there I skipped it but it seems I haven't missed anything.

Vol1 was really good imo.
Old 2012-12-27, 11:43   Link #216
Krono

Quote:
It's kind of weird to have a whole chapter about that considering the rest of the first volume. But it's not that big of a deal. Since it wasn't there I skipped it but it seems I haven't missed anything.

Vol1 was really good imo.
It's called 16.5 because it was placed on a separate portion of the author's website back when SAO was a web novel. You didn't miss anything because it it was never intended to be required for the sequence in chapter 16. What BT has up right now is the way things are in the light novel.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 02:28   Link #217
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuyuki View Post
Did anyone but me think of the ending to the WoW Episode of South Park when they saw this ending?

"Now what do we do?"
"What do you mean? Now we can play the game."
So glad I wasn't the only one.

I would have thought that so many traumatizing experiences involving VMMO's would leave Kirito maintaining a football-sized barrier between him and any virtual devices. Guess not, and he's just as obsessed with video games as I am.
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 12:37   Link #218
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
So glad I wasn't the only one.

I would have thought that so many traumatizing experiences involving VMMO's would leave Kirito maintaining a football-sized barrier between him and any virtual devices. Guess not, and he's just as obsessed with video games as I am.
Well, u also gotta consider that Kirito did meet Asuna in an MMO, and that fact would help kirito like MMO over any traumatizing experience. Even with Asuna, remember what Asuna said in in ep 13? she despaired every day in SAO until she met Kirito, then she feels that her purpose of coming here was to meet him, and also in ep 10 saying she was scared of her dream of not being in SAO (cause he's here).
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 07:26   Link #219
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Well. I'm glad it's over at least.
Nice as a final episode, and I won't mind seeing more of the franchise, but I won't care if it doesn't happen either.

I'm still confused as to the purpose of Suguha and I still think it all turned unbearably cheesy rom-com style.
Not sure why the real life confrontation with Sugou was necessary, other than to make the guy look even more annoying and to artficially amp up the drama one last time.
Nice to see everyone again though

Overall, .hack// is by far the better show of its kind, as this devolved too far into slice of life/harem/romance territory for me to enjoy, but it had it's good parts- particularly the first couple of episodes. A mixed bag, really with lots of wasted potential. If there is a sequel, I hope it could manage to return to how fun the first part of the SAO arc was to watch.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 07:41   Link #220
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I'm still confused as to the purpose of Suguha and I still think it all turned unbearably cheesy rom-com style.
Not sure why the real life confrontation with Sugou was necessary, other than to make the guy look even more annoying and to artficially amp up the drama one last time.
Nice to see everyone again though
The final confrontation in real life was necessary to prove the "real strength" theme of the arc (and/or the series). Their VR duel didn't count because Kirito had to cheat, and moreover it was still VR. The real life duel involving real life danger is to show that the lessons Kirito learned in game about courage and mercy and all that still apply in real life. That he's grown as a person and wasn't just wasting his time in SAO. The entire point of the entire series was to show that life in VR can be just as real as real life, and that what you do there can matter just as much. Stats and equipment are just numbers, but the player can still gain "real strength" and "real bonds" from it.

From my perspective, that scene was actually the only scene that mattered in the entire ALO arc, although to a certain extent the rest were necessary to set it up.

Quote:
Overall, .hack// is by far the better show of its kind, as this devolved too far into slice of life/harem/romance territory for me to enjoy, but it had it's good parts- particularly the first couple of episodes. A mixed bag, really with lots of wasted potential. If there is a sequel, I hope it could manage to return to how fun the first part of the SAO arc was to watch.
I gotta be honest: I thought .hack was a terrible show of its kind. I have to wonder if the writers had ever even looked at an MMO. It certainly succeeds in telling its own story, but as a story about gamers or games it fails on all levels.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote