AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-31, 00:34   Link #7881
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Old 2012-08-31, 01:20   Link #7882
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Mine is LastSinner#1930. Super keen for regular ppl to hit up Tempest Keep, Eye of Eternity and Onyxia with for mount runs. Also up for trading Black Temple glaive runs and Sunwell Thoridal runs. Cross-realm old raids work just fine.

Speaking of which, last night on Lost Isles AH, the Alysrazor mount appeared. It went to 1 million right away. That Black Market is going to be the ultimate goldsink. If only players could put things on there...
Old 2012-08-31, 04:04   Link #7883
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I did a little bit last night just to update my actual characters since I'd not played any of them since November.

At least I still have Chaos Bolt (and it hits like a truck again. With my just barely T11 raid ready warlock managed 52k on a boss target dummy on the first shot. I missed those numbers during CATA when Chaos Bolt seemed underpowered compared to WRATH) Of course it always crits and does more damaged based on your crit chance. If keep playing I'm going to have to remember that since I've programmed myself for more haste after hit cap back in T11.

I made Loremaster for the third time with the same character now (LOL) Got another taberd in the mail. I guess it is just the reset each time to grandfather in your old Loremaster even though you've not completed the new quests and zones a all.

(I did see someone setting up to raid Molten Core just as I logged on. Weird times).
Old 2012-08-31, 04:43   Link #7884
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Vanilla WoW in a Minute.
Hahah, yeah. Pretty much this.

Vanilla WoW is loved by many because a lot of people got their first contact with raiding and became a part of a guild in Vanilla.

Being a part of a guild was something really different in Vanilla. Raids being tuned for 40 players meant that you had to sit on standby in case someone had to leave (and many people had to leave very often). But that was OK because you wanted to standby in Ironforge. I remember listening excitedly in Vent while my guild was progressing on a new boss. The community had to be stronger in order for the guild hold together. I played a Paladin and I'm glad Blizzard got rid of the Decursive spam (I got my fare share of that and 5 minute blessings in Molten Core).

As for PvP... Yeah. It all depended on your gear. But still, I had some of the best times of my WoW life PvP'ing with a 10-man guildie group a couple of weeks before TBC.

All in all, the game has evolved and changed for the better, but the nostalgia will always be strong in this one
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 04:48   Link #7885
Westlo
Lets be reality

Holy Shock Paladin @ Level 10 is lolz.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 05:23   Link #7886
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Summation of the Pandaren starting line for those interested:

Spoiler for Pandaren starting zone and storyline:

Edit: Up-to-date versions of essential mods like Recount, DBM and NPCScan are now live.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-31 at 08:47.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 09:47   Link #7887
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler for horde version:

I learned today there are free season 12 epic gear. Could have bought those to cheat ilvl

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-08-31 at 13:00.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 16:26   Link #7888
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

How are the new talents and changes to skills? Does the game feel different?
Old 2012-08-31, 18:20   Link #7889
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Some more questions for beta ppl:
1) Dragon turtle mount vendor: I cant find it in both SW/Org @ where he is suppose to be, did they move them?
2) How come a lot of the scenarios are locked?
Old 2012-08-31, 18:40   Link #7890
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I saw the mounts in SW near the CATA portals under the large oriental ballon. I didn't see a vendor, but I wasn't looked for one. (Not sure it the vendor is in game yet as oppose to in beta)

I've not been to Org since my Horde DK tends to hang out in Thunder Bluff (less crowded and he's not quested in CATA at all.)
Old 2012-08-31, 23:17   Link #7891
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I suspect the vendor might be missing, thus I asked.

I played some lv85 monk today.
I have somewhat of a hard time learning how to tank as brewmaster:
I think I am supposed to use Keg Smash(8s) and Expel Harm(15s) on cooldown (since they do more damage than jab and have secondary effects)... and that is only for energy spenders.
For Chi spenders, I keep the buff from blackout kick active (so 1 kick every 6 seconds), then spend the rest of my Chi in purifying brew... got to use elusive brew every once a while too...

This caused me to tunnel a lot on my energy/chi as well as the blackout kick buff bar =/

While complicated, I was able to solo a boss from 50% to 0% with just 1 DPS alive... I think a mastery of the relatively complicated monk style will make them really OPed.

Prot paladin with battlehealer glyph is broken.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-09-03 at 23:30.
Old 2012-09-18, 22:48   Link #7892
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Fall of Theramore event is now live in the Scenarios queue.

Rewards are a free 384 weapon/shield, a tabard and the "Fall of Theramore' Feat of Strength. Ironically the staff is exactly the kind of mog I needed to fit the Time Lord set. Mage mog secured permanently!

Remember you only have to do it on one character to get the feat for all. But if you want the weapon, queue across your account.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-09-19 at 01:42.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 02:32   Link #7893
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

THERAMOOOORE.

How was it?
Old 2012-09-19, 02:56   Link #7894
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
THERAMOOOORE.

How was it?
kind of meh
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 04:41   Link #7895
Mentar
Banned

I didn't expect that I would have to unearth this thread from page 4

So who's going to play Pandaria?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 05:14   Link #7896
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Me. It beats the living daylights out of Cataclysm and Burning Crusade.
Old 2012-09-24, 05:16   Link #7897
Kyouka
Is Here

i guess i am
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 05:18   Link #7898
Xacual

I would be if not for university starting this week. I can't afford to get sucked into WoW. It was bad enough at community college level but I know I won't have time for it anymore.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 05:37   Link #7899
Mentar
Banned

That's what vacation time is for ^_^

By pure coincidence it is released in the last week of my 4-week yearly leave, otherwise I'd just take 1-2 weeks for it to have some time (like some of my colleagues)

Gotta love our 6 weeks of paid vacation!
Old 2012-09-24, 18:36   Link #7900
Mentar
Banned

*lol*

My god, whoever designed the initial quests should be forced to wear a T-Shirt saying "IT WAS ME, I DESIGNED THE MoP BEGINNING" and then sent into a group of hardcore players.

Why? Because right in the beginning, the players are forced into a "rollercoaster" type Helicopter quest demanding to kill 100-something enemies in a bombardment run. There is no way around this. You can imagine how fun it is having to wait 10+ minutes before entering the helicopter actually works, then you circle around without vehicle commands because Power Auras (not really the most uncommon addon) breaks the UI, and when you finally managed to get it working, your shots have a lag of 30 seconds, making any attempt of "aiming" completely pointless. So you have a few hundred helicopters circling around an enemy island, and all of them are autofiring blindly.

Look, Blizzard. It doesn't take more than three braincells to figure out that this isn't going to work. Why do it anyway? Are you truly so retarded, or do you just simply not care?

Well, off to bed ^_^;

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows