AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-28, 02:03   Link #41
Gl!tCH

seems someone is not getting it and going way beyond the point. I like the way how he broke it up like that, it pretty funny. Anybody can get Micheal Simpsons, Its not a Jap name. Does it matter if it said Ho-kagh-eh then ho-k-age. Since you have all the pronounciation and everything, I wanna see you make a dub version. Now thats what I like to see.
Gl!tCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 03:26   Link #42
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
Ho K-age is how it is pronounced in the japanese version, why must it be pronounced Ho Kagh-Eh? Its not like its any easier, or better.
Hmm? It's 3 syllables in Japanese, ??? ho ka ge. Your "ho kagh-eh" sounds similar to that to me...

I mean, I've heard some people pronounce it like "hawk cage" or "hoe cage" but if you watch the anime you should clearly hear ho ka ge
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 04:17   Link #43
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
LOL just watched the dudd, it was funny, its not bad for a group of fans, but seriously, they dont pronounce things right at all....the english language cant adapt that easily to pronounce japanese.....but a spanish speaker will easily be able to pronounce it.......if its written in romanji ofcourse.
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 04:48   Link #44
TheBigL
The Big Bad Me

Send a message via ICQ to TheBigL Send a message via AIM to TheBigL Send a message via MSN to TheBigL
Well no matter how bad it is (or good it is, havent seen it yet) we first have to thank the people who did that couse they were trying hard so we could enjoy so:

Thank you guys.

PS.

I hate dubbed animes hahahah
TheBigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 05:15   Link #45
Chicken Teriyaki

I'll give "props" for the attempt for the dubbed version. But with no offense, it's the last thing I wanna see. Tho's somewhat great... with the music background and all... but iono... Naruto sounds like a robot... almost without expression, and I'm a BIG Hyuga fan... when I heard Hinata, my ears bled.
Chicken Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 09:55   Link #46
mpeters13

More Rants...

Quote:
I'm scared of commercial dub!! even more of funimation!

[FUNI.Editors and translaters to themselves: Quote: "chi-ne!!!" (Die!) Humm, the :"I'm a throw you into an other dimention" quote again..so lets change it for "Man! you'll get scared big time!" imitating mister Satan's voice o.0]

We live for Subs!! hope you catch this one Pathy

Anyway we the SubHoover calls for a vote of no confidence against commercial dub lotta love for the fans having fun though
Great point but I thought it was "shi-ne!" not "chi-ne..." though could be wrong.... I laughed when I read this post! We shouldn't dis funimation... but it's true. I can watch four-five difference Anime series produced by them... walk by my sisters room and think I'm hearing Dragon Ball Z, Fruits Basket, Blue Gender..... :-p

Quote:
Wow, I knew there were Nerds here. I dont care if its fan dubbed or fan subbed, as long as you can understand it, it shouldnt be a problem. Its good to have dubs 'cause like certain people just hate Subs and like dubs better. This what I dont get. Why do people complain about the pronounciation of names or words, I guess people still dont get it that its a DUb. Of course the pronounciation of words/names is not gonna sound like Japs.
You see, the problem with this logic is that... despite the way "japs" talk, a lot of the names and titles in these shows are easy to say, English or not. I mean... it's <Nah-ru-toh> not <Nuhru-to>... And even if it gets butchered... the worse it'll get is as bad as the Rurouni Kenshin dub.

Though I should give some props... For the most part, they did an excellent job w/ lipsync despite some of the horrible voice acting.

Could've been worse though... at least their website looks neat and they aren't pronouncing things totally wrong. We could have Naruto saying "MORE ROMAN NOODLES".. <It's ramen, I don't care what people THINK the package says :-p> Naruto's voice kinda reminded me of Tails from the Sonic Adventure games lol... Hey Swonic? Swonic help me...

At least it wasn't as horrid as the Sailormoon one. lol... My name is "Usahgee Tuskeeno..." What's so hard about Tsukino... even if you say it wrong w/o some "t" at the beginning... Don't pull that "I'm American, not Japanese race card on me... I'm BLACK lol you people have no excuse... c'mon... I'm no professional, but do a little research before jumping into these things.

All good things need a little more improvement. With a little more help, a few auditions and better software, this dub won't be too bad... and at least it won't be Funimation... again props to the person who listed the vocals :-D...
--------------------------------------------------------------
With all that said, I leave all future fandubbers w/ one more message: "The Sound Recorder application bundled with
Windows is not recommended for mixing and dubbing ^_^;;"

Don't flame me b/c <Iam... reading... fromascript>
mpeters13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 11:46   Link #47
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

i downloaded the dub last night..
all in all.. i applaud your efforts, but still some improvements can be made

i was really hoping that they wouldn't call naruto "Narudo".. one of the major failings of japanese to english dubbing.. they mangle the names.. same goes with sakura to "sakera"..

the voice-actor for naruto seems kinda unemotional.. "i'm going to surpass all the previous hokagae, and then and then.."

the voice-actor for iruka did an awesome job though..all the way to the point where he's saying "he's not the demon fox anymore (next part gets mangled) he's konuha village's narudo uzuhmaki"

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 11:50   Link #48
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
i downloaded the dub last night..
all in all.. i applaud your efforts, but still some improvements can be made

i was really hoping that they wouldn't call naruto "Narudo".. one of the major failings of japanese to english dubbing.. they mangle the names.. same goes with sakura to "sakera"..

the voice-actor for naruto seems kinda unemotional.. "i'm going to surpass all the previous hokagae, and then and then.."

the voice-actor for iruka did an awesome job though..
yeah! diabolistic is back!!! now visit

"what a character would never say" and say high!

:P need to get that dub....
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 11:59   Link #49
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
Naruto had ZERO emotion whatsoever, when Naruto was supposed to be angry or sad - It sounded as if they were ordering a carton of milk from the dairy.
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 14:06   Link #50
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsu-Kun
Naruto had ZERO emotion whatsoever, when Naruto was supposed to be angry or sad - It sounded as if they were ordering a carton of milk from the dairy.

LOL!!!!!!!!! they all did that same thing!!!
Old 2004-01-28, 23:15   Link #51
Real Deadpool

from the second i saw the torrent listed, i knew it was made just for the hell of it.
Real Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 02:26   Link #52
winampman

okay, first, I'd like to make it known that I am NOT complaining about this dub. I think its pretty cool, and it seems like they worked their butts off.

Because they worked their butts off, I wanted to point out a few things that were rather detrimental to their effort...

First, they should practice their pronounciations more (as others have mentioned). Theys smooshed a few syllabels here and there ("Nah-roo-toh", not "Narroo-toh") ... A lot of it is actually pretty good, in my opinion, but it could be better. Its only a very minor annoyance though.

Second, I don't know what happened, but I noticed a very careless (and unprofessional) mistake: At 4:18, when the episode title pops up (with the drums and stuff), the Japanese title is shown, with an English translaton below it. "Naruto Uzamaki Arrives". Uzamaki? The correct spelling, in Japanese, is directly above it! -_-;; It doesnt seem to be a typo either, since "U" is far away from "A" on the keyboard... so I just wanted to point out, to whoever did that, Naruto's last name is "Uzumaki". (pronounced "oo-zoo-mah-kee", btw)

I loved the sound effects though, lol. I dont know where you guys got all of those effects, but it was a good effort. Overall, theres room for improvement, but its a pretty decent job.
winampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 11:55   Link #53
CrimsonFury
Behold the Fury

Fan-Dubbed, just doesn't have the technology, money or time to do it right. However professionally dubbed anime is usuaully horrid. Only good dub i've heard in a long time was hellsing, even then they still threw away some of the best lines. Bottom line, Subbed JAp is the best way to go. Bye Bye

PS I am scared at the thought of Naruto dubbed in NA

Note to the dubbers. Good effort, you didn't brutalize the lines, you just don't have the ability to go through thousands of voices to find the right one for a part.
CrimsonFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 19:27   Link #54
Bob XIII

That was the shittiest thing i have watched all year. The voice actors showed no emotion at all.
It was if they had never watched naruto and were just a bunch of drama students who were given bits of paper with the lines on them and were told to read them with the most expressionless-sleepy-drugfucked voice they could think of.

Even the dumbasses that made the crazy / ecchi sub for episode 58 did a better job and prob would have made a better voice dub as well, in fact why dont you make a dub of that episode using their subs. At least then you have some hope of people laughing with you not at you.

Thankyou for wasting my time, bandwidth, space, power and so on. u r all fuckers
Bob XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 22:36   Link #55
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob XIII
Thankyou for wasting my time, bandwidth, space, power and so on. u r all fuckers
Yeah, nice one. Because obviously they forced you to download and watch it
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 02:34   Link #56
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob XIII
That was the shittiest thing i have watched all year. The voice actors showed no emotion at all.
It was if they had never watched naruto and were just a bunch of drama students who were given bits of paper with the lines on them and were told to read them with the most expressionless-sleepy-drugfucked voice they could think of.

Even the dumbasses that made the crazy / ecchi sub for episode 58 did a better job and prob would have made a better voice dub as well, in fact why dont you make a dub of that episode using their subs. At least then you have some hope of people laughing with you not at you.

would you have done better? i really dont think so... STOP dissing those ppl, they did there best, and it was FUN!! not friking PROFESIONAL!! but it was FUN!
Old 2004-02-03, 04:54   Link #57
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

it was horrid...i'll never be able to tolerate it dubbed, but that was ridiculous.

the beginning sounded like the DBZ announcer guy.
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 16:41   Link #58
Captain N

I watched the fandub as well and I think that the dubbers have a lot of improvement to do for their future work. But those who really hated the dub should not judge that hard because it was their first work when I remember correctly.
The cast isn't too bad at all, but you need to learn how to act in an appropriate way.
In order to train you could, for example, read poems or other texts aloud and try to pronounce it in a way that one does not notice that it is read, but spoken freely.
I know how much work it is to produce a fandub since I am in a (german) dubbing group as well (some of you might have heard about the Crash Dub Studios, haven't you?).
For everybody who enjoyed the dub here is a small clip (a little dated already ^^"), where Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura introduce themselves to Kakashi. Although probably very few of you understand German, you might be interested in our cast.

Click here

P.S.: You need the Real Player to watch it.
Captain N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 20:08   Link #59
Mercurial

It saddens me that people are so harsh to Pro-dubs. I think a lot of people mix up dubbing with editing and censorship. They are not the same thing. Yes, I too hate it when an Anime is released on Television and scenes are removed or the story is changed but I understand why they do it and I understand that it can only get better. It'll just take time. I also don't hold those things against dubs in general. I'm a big fan of pro-dubs because they've really been getting better lately. Overall, they're still not even close to as good as their original Jap-dubs and there's little chance they ever will be but that doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed. One of the great things about pro-dubs is we get english actors with MUCH more varied voices (When's the last time you heard a Japanese VA do a good British accent?). This is a bit of a double-edged sword, yes. Because with twice the cool voices comes twice the annoying voices but it's worth it in my opinion.

Anyways, methinks one people need to give them more of a chance. After all, there have been instances where the dub has actually improved upon a series (Cowboy Bebop, Excel Saga, L/R). People need to realize that not all Japanese voice actors are all that good either (It's just more difficult to pinpoint bad acting in Japanese if you don't know the language) and things aren't "cool" by simply being Japanese. Also, people need to realize if the Japanese dub is the first you heard and watched a series with you'll more than likely not enjoy the English dub due to the characters voices changing. Try to think like a person who has never seen the Japanese dub. That may help.

That being said, I agree that Viz, 4kids or Funimation are probably going to pick up Naruto. This is indeed unfortunate because Naruto is in a completely different league than any other series they've ever done. They most likely won't treat it as such and we'll be left with a kiddified dub. It's a shame. It would bring me great joy to learn that Bandai or ADV picked it up. Then I'd know that it at least has a fighting chance of being watchable in English.

I really wish the Kenshin dub was watchable. I HATE HIS JAPANESE VOICE WITH A PASSION. It almost completely ruins the series for me. Then again, I'm not gay for the overly feminine men like so many Anime fans are.
Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 18:52   Link #60
WonderGirl

Send a message via AIM to WonderGirl Send a message via MSN to WonderGirl Send a message via Yahoo to WonderGirl
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken102
ROFL- What does everyone think of the new Fan-Dubbed Naruto? ROFL

I mean, I've heard threats of fan-dubbing, but this is the first I've seen actually done.
you mean there actually is one?

I think I'll pass
WonderGirl is offline   Reply With Quote