AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-27, 09:25   Link #141
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
kid prodigies

I was *wondering* if that kid was going to get a gig with Ozzy or not.... I saw the episode on the US talk show "Ellen" where the kid played his tune and then was surprised by Ozzy coming out to meet him. The kid's reaction was stellar (essentially "omigodwtfbbq!!!!!!!")
Old 2010-08-28, 01:22   Link #142
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Well if you're planning on getting a new guitar, you better be getting an electric. BETTER BE!! :P

K-On's inspiring to play drums... But I've only just begun guitar less than a year ago and was told not to jump Maybe I'll just settle for a pair of sticks and a practice pad (or hook up my rockband drums to the computer lol)
For a new player, it is probably best to stick to acoustic at first. A good acoustic is cheaper than a good electric, for one.
Old 2010-08-28, 11:27   Link #143
Kazu
Flowing

If any of you have seen my comments you would know I hate K-on and that I'm a BECK fanboy, but anything is inspiring even in a way you don't think it is, it's inspiring me in a learn from others mistakes kind of way, Their band hardly plays, so I try practicing more etc etc
Old 2010-08-28, 11:56   Link #144
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
If any of you have seen my comments you would know I hate K-on and that I'm a BECK fanboy, but anything is inspiring even in a way you don't think it is, it's inspiring me in a learn from others mistakes kind of way, Their band hardly plays, so I try practicing more etc etc
That's an fairly interesting take on it. Their lack of practice never really inspire me to practice more. Just seeing their results encourages me to get there. Maybe it's better than I don't see their endless practice (it'll just discourage me lol).
Old 2010-08-30, 04:17   Link #145
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
That's an fairly interesting take on it. Their lack of practice never really inspire me to practice more. Just seeing their results encourages me to get there. Maybe it's better than I don't see their endless practice (it'll just discourage me lol).
The same case with me. When I watch their practise I don't feel the need to practise more or something. I just enjoy the music.
Old 2010-09-01, 21:19   Link #146
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Hm... I realized that although K-ON isn't the biggest inspiration in me learning guitar, it does really well in inspiring me weekly to go and practice everytime a new episode comes out. Yeah sure, not every episodes about playing music (recently it seems like not many at all lol), but whenever I watch K-ON I suddenly have an urge to go practice playing guitar.
Old 2010-09-01, 21:38   Link #147
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hm... I realized that although K-ON isn't the biggest inspiration in me learning guitar, it does really well in inspiring me weekly to go and practice everytime a new episode comes out. Yeah sure, not every episodes about playing music (recently it seems like not many at all lol), but whenever I watch K-ON I suddenly have an urge to go practice playing guitar.
my new inspiration is Paul McCartney and the Beatles
Old 2010-09-02, 00:43   Link #148
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Are you saying paul mcCartney because of his solo stuff?

Anyways has there been any rock references in the second season, i've only watched the first season and i'm not even going to bother with it unless there are some rock refs to make somewhat better to watch.

WARNING possible BECK fanboyism coming ahead!
Old 2010-09-02, 02:03   Link #149
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
dude , I'm playing Beatles on my guitar , too. If you want some sheets PM me.
Old 2010-09-02, 05:09   Link #150
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

heck...this is new...

K-on's songs insipred me to make fandubs with vocaloids loool.
Old 2010-09-02, 07:22   Link #151
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:

Anyways has there been any rock references in the second season, i've only watched the first season and i'm not even going to bother with it unless there are some rock refs to make somewhat better to watch.

yes, plus i like the fact he is a lyrical master mind, created amazing songs, was part of one of the best bands of all time and learned how to play right hand guitar even though he is a lefty becuase they dident have left handed guitars at the time, he is also a good solo singer when performing guitar by him self
Old 2010-09-02, 10:52   Link #152
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
That's awesome ^^ I've never really gotten into The Beatles. If anything, I was more into The Who's and Paul Gilbert's stuff.

Quote:

Dude, if you know you're going to dislike K-ON why bother wasting your time :P Music is it's theme, but it isn't focused purely on music. Just drop it now and save yourself and K-ON fans from the hate :P

There aren't any rock references asides from the very rare occasional mention. The show revolves around the characters more than the music. Like I said, music's just the theme.
Old 2010-09-02, 12:27   Link #153
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
That's awesome ^^ I've never really gotten into The Beatles. If anything, I was more into The Who's and Paul Gilbert's stuff.

Dude, if you know you're going to dislike K-ON why bother wasting your time :P Music is it's theme, but it isn't focused purely on music. Just drop it now and save yourself and K-ON fans from the hate :P

There aren't any rock references asides from the very rare occasional mention. The show revolves around the characters more than the music. Like I said, music's just the theme.
I'm just saying my opinion, yeah I could just not say it and avoid flames, but I feel the need to express myself.

I know K-on is more about the girls than the actual music part of it and thats all the music is in the show, a small part of it

But even Beck is not the master music anime, it also focuses on the relationship of the main and his girlfriend and the harsh reality of surviving in a band and making it big

But if you enjoy moe girls playing instruments and it inspires you for whatever reason thats your opinion

you could hate BECK for all I care, I can name several mistakes about it , but its still my fav.
Old 2010-09-02, 12:52   Link #154
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
I'm just saying my opinion, yeah I could just not say it and avoid flames, but I feel the need to express myself.

I know K-on is more about the girls than the actual music part of it and thats all the music is in the show, a small part of it

But even Beck is not the master music anime, it also focuses on the relationship of the main and his girlfriend and the harsh reality of surviving in a band and making it big

But if you enjoy moe girls playing instruments and it inspires you for whatever reason thats your opinion

you could hate BECK for all I care, I can name several mistakes about it , but its still my fav.
And you're completely missing the point as to how K-On can inspire people to play music. K-On inspires by showing how fun it is to be in a band while showing a coming-of-age story.

Also, while I understand that you have your right to your own opinion, saying it like that comes of as abrasive and will more likely result in flames than actual discussion.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:46   Link #155
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
And you're completely missing the point as to how K-On can inspire people to play music. K-On inspires by showing how fun it is to be in a band while showing a coming-of-age story.

Also, while I understand that you have your right to your own opinion, saying it like that comes of as abrasive and will more likely result in flames than actual discussion.
I see, but don't most music animes do

Black Heaven showed how fun it look to play guitar as well and it even had an even more amazing soundtrack

Beck does it almost the same way K-ON! does showing the fun in the band as well as putting passion and your soul into your own music, even the way how they play in the clubs and see the crowds reaction

Nodame made piano look interesting to me, the way a great pianist plays and how it's as if their hands are floating

Most music animes show how great it is to be in a musical group

Sure some argue in some groups and even real music groups do, but they show how determination and trust can pull through

Quote:
yes, plus i like the fact he is a lyrical master mind, created amazing songs, was part of one of the best bands of all time and learned how to play right hand guitar even though he is a lefty becuase they dident have left handed guitars at the time, he is also a good solo singer when performing guitar by him self
thats cool! you should check out David Gilmour and Pink Floyd, they might be hard to get in to but once you get through the 30 minute intros( i'm exaggerating of cours,but they do have pretty long intros) you'll see the musical geniuses they are

Some songs from them I thought were great

Time
Great gig in the sky
Comfortably numb
Brain Damage
On an Island
Us and Them
Smile

Last edited by Kazu; 2010-09-02 at 14:09.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:50   Link #156
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post

Yeah, that :P

It sure sounds more like hate talk than discussion, but that might be unintentional xD

I'm not saying K-ON is a great or bad show, but it's obvious that it isn't the show for you :P Beck is more slice-of-life + drama + romance and K-ON is more slice-of-life + comedy + moe. You're making it seem like we're attacking you or something because you prefer Beck over K-ON.

Edit: By the way, Kazu, since you've seen a lot of anime about music, asides form Beck, which one would you recommend the most? I'm just wondering
Old 2010-09-02, 14:06   Link #157
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Yeah, that :P

It sure sounds more like hate talk than discussion, but that might be unintentional xD

I'm not saying K-ON is a great or bad show, but it's obvious that it isn't the show for you :P Beck is more slice-of-life + drama + romance and K-ON is more slice-of-life + comedy + moe. You're making it seem like we're attacking you or something because you prefer Beck over K-ON.

Edit: By the way, Kazu, since you've seen a lot of anime about music, asides form Beck, which one would you recommend the most? I'm just wondering
I'm just letting you know my opinion

I see what you think you see what I think= discussion sort of

It's not like i'm going be Spamming K-ON! SUCKS! BECK RULZ!

I don't hate the show completely though, just so you know

I actually liked Azusa ,she was such a pure lovely musican, till she was defiled by that so called cake and tea, more like lazy food

That was my horrible attempt for joke

I actually haven't seen much Musical anime, have you read the Beck manga it goes father than the anime and the art actually gets a whole lot better

Black Heaven was pretty good but it only had like three songs
one thats played pretty much every episode and then there is this one amazing song that just blew by brains across the computer at the last episode.

Nodame Cantabile is pretty good, but it's classical music so if that ain't you're thing the too bad

I don't really look for much music, but rather animes/manga with instruments in them

like Solanin a manga(yes, a manga, use your brain, to imagine the songs) featured instruments but is more on the drama side
Old 2010-09-02, 14:30   Link #158
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
I see, but don't most music animes do
In K-ON!!, music takes a distinct second to the cutesy slife-of-life (serving primarily as a source of merchandising.) In season two, we have ( . . . counts . . . ) six episodes having to do with music, and a couple more episodes where music is part of the B plot.

From that, we get five performances. One rhythm guitar solo (of a season one song) from Yui in Episode 1, a band performance in episode 7 (an episode having nothing to do with music,) Yui and Azusa doing a traditional Japanese re-interpretation of one of the season 1 songs in episode 9, Sawako's old band shredding everyone's faces off in episode 10, and the final school festival performance in episode 20.

I don't know how it is for other "music" anime shows, but that a bit less than a quarter of the episodes devoted to music.

Quote:
Beck does it almost the same way K-ON! does showing the fun in the band as well as putting passion and your soul into your own music, even the way how they play in the clubs and see the crowds reaction
We get this four times in the second season. The episode 7 performance, episode 10, episode 12 (where the girls are spectators, and not performers,) and episode 20.

Quote:
Most music animes show how great it is to be in a musical group
K-ON!! shows how great it is to be a girl in high school with a tight group of friends; all of whom just happen to be in the music club.
Old 2010-09-02, 15:03   Link #159
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
I'm just letting you know my opinion
I see what you think you see what I think= discussion sort of
It's not like i'm going be Spamming K-ON! SUCKS! BECK RULZ!
I don't hate the show completely though, just so you know
I actually liked Azusa ,she was such a pure lovely musican, till she was defiled by that so called cake and tea, more like lazy food
That was my horrible attempt for joke
I actually haven't seen much Musical anime, have you read the Beck manga it goes father than the anime and the art actually gets a whole lot better
Black Heaven was pretty good but it only had like three songs
one thats played pretty much every episode and then there is this one amazing song that just blew by brains across the computer at the last episode.
Nodame Cantabile is pretty good, but it's classical music so if that ain't you're thing the too bad
I don't really look for much music, but rather animes/manga with instruments in them
like Solanin a manga(yes, a manga, use your brain, to imagine the songs) featured instruments but is more on the drama side
Ah, alright, my bad then, haha.

So have you decided whether you're going to finish the series?
Old 2010-09-02, 15:11   Link #160
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Ah, alright, my bad then, haha.

So have you decided whether you're going to finish the series?
possibly,maybe for azusa,maybe