AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-21, 17:09   Link #841
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Are people that convinced that it's 'EEWW YAOI'? Hell, I've seen more HoYay in stuff like Bleach. Besides, Italia blushed at Neko too, not just Kuro.

I found the manga online and read the first chapter...I don't think HOMRA are the baddies at all now though maybe Izumo could be. Though I agree with whomever said if Izumo was up to something, the Goth Loli would've figured it out.

Kuro is freakin' awesome; as long as this show doesn't kill him, Izumo, Neko or the Robots off, I'll stick around, though I do wonder if this show's gonna be able to explain everything and wrap it up in 13 episodes. For something like this, I'd would've thought they'd go for the full 26.

And not only am I already looking forward to episode four..with Kuro's backstory...but I. CAn. NOT. WAIT for Sousuke Aizen to show up.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 17:37   Link #842
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Are people that convinced that it's 'EEWW YAOI'? Hell, I've seen more HoYay in stuff like Bleach. Besides, Italia blushed at Neko too, not just Kuro.

I found the manga online and read the first chapter...I don't think HOMRA are the baddies at all now though maybe Izumo could be. Though I agree with whomever said if Izumo was up to something, the Goth Loli would've figured it out.

Kuro is freakin' awesome; as long as this show doesn't kill him, Izumo, Neko or the Robots off, I'll stick around, though I do wonder if this show's gonna be able to explain everything and wrap it up in 13 episodes. For something like this, I'd would've thought they'd go for the full 26.

And not only am I already looking forward to episode four..with Kuro's backstory...but I. CAn. NOT. WAIT for Sousuke Aizen to show up.
It's highly likely Homra are going to be the second protagonists besides Shiro's crew
Old 2012-10-21, 17:49   Link #843
Bern-san

I don't know... It's one-cour so aside from the whole Tatara thing and the conflict with Scepter4 I don't think they'll get that much attention
Old 2012-10-21, 17:53   Link #844
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's highly likely Homra are going to be the second protagonists besides Shiro's crew
Probably you're right, which makes me a bit disappointed because I'm more into Team Blue... ah well. At least I hope they'll give me lots of Reishi vs Mikoto action.

(Btw, the novel focusing on Scepter 4 is already out, though I haven't managed to find a comprehensive review/plot outline yet... But apparently Reishi has a beautiful back. )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 19:08   Link #845
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

There's a novel?
Old 2012-10-21, 22:26   Link #846
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, one on Scepter 4 and one on Homra.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 02:09   Link #847
Becquerel
Time waits for no one.

I feel like Tatara Totsuka is a main key here. I mean in the first episode he's "shot" and in this one he's declared dead. I understand that he can be both but with the emphasis that HOMRA puts on bonds I feel the two terms wouldn't be switched out trivially. Also correct if I'm wrong but I thought that the bounty HOMRA put out for Shiro said that Tatara was shot (and I'm pretty sure they would use the "death" factor to rally up the bounty hunters if that was the case). I just feel like GORA wouldn't put out a bio for a character that had a whole 1 second of screen time (and I'm being generous here). I understand he is the main plot drive but..... I dunno I guess I'm just being picky .
All in all I'm really liking this show and all the "ekky YAOI eveywuere!!" isn't putting me off at all (if there was any to begin with). The plot is really interesting and the visuals are incredible. Also all the boys are hot and the fanservice is plentiful so there's not much to complain about at all.
Becquerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 04:32   Link #848
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Probably you're right, which makes me a bit disappointed because I'm more into Team Blue... ah well. At least I hope they'll give me lots of Reishi vs Mikoto action.

(Btw, the novel focusing on Scepter 4 is already out, though I haven't managed to find a comprehensive review/plot outline yet... But apparently Reishi has a beautiful back. )
I won't say SEPTER 4 are antagonists either

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Yes, one on Scepter 4 and one on Homra.
You getting?
Old 2012-10-22, 04:56   Link #849
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I won't say SEPTER 4 are antagonists either
Not antagonists, but they currently occupy the "bad guys" position. Black/White/Cat are obviously good guys, Team Red is presented in a positive light, even with their violent tendencies and Mikoto allegedly being sort of a psycho WMD, but Team Blue houses Saruhiko the traitor, Seri who is pretty scary, and Reishi who may or may not have kichiku tendencies...

I expect this to change sooner or later, though.
Old 2012-10-22, 08:03   Link #850
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becquerel View Post
I feel like Tatara Totsuka is a main key here. I mean in the first episode he's "shot" and in this one he's declared dead. I understand that he can be both but with the emphasis that HOMRA puts on bonds I feel the two terms wouldn't be switched out trivially. Also correct if I'm wrong but I thought that the bounty HOMRA put out for Shiro said that Tatara was shot (and I'm pretty sure they would use the "death" factor to rally up the bounty hunters if that was the case). I just feel like GORA wouldn't put out a bio for a character that had a whole 1 second of screen time (and I'm being generous here). I understand he is the main plot drive but..... I dunno I guess I'm just being picky .
All in all I'm really liking this show and all the "ekky YAOI eveywuere!!" isn't putting me off at all (if there was any to begin with). The plot is really interesting and the visuals are incredible. Also all the boys are hot and the fanservice is plentiful so there's not much to complain about at all.
I'm pretty sure Tatara's murder isn't the only reason Homura is after Yashiro, or SCEPTER4 for that matter. I think it's because the video is their only lead to the "Colorless King". Why else will Homura only want to capture Yashiro, and not to kill him (unlike Kuroh)? But yeah, pretty sure Tatara holds a major role. Yes, Tatara is probably dead, but he'll definitely appear in tons of flashbacks (he even appears in one of the PVs). That shows that he's definitely very important.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 13:54   Link #851
Becquerel
Time waits for no one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
I'm pretty sure Tatara's murder isn't the only reason Homura is after Yashiro, or SCEPTER4 for that matter. I think it's because the video is their only lead to the "Colorless King". Why else will Homura only want to capture Yashiro, and not to kill him (unlike Kuroh)? But yeah, pretty sure Tatara holds a major role. Yes, Tatara is probably dead, but he'll definitely appear in tons of flashbacks (he even appears in one of the PVs). That shows that he's definitely very important.
Hmmm..you're right I forgot that he was in the PV plus I suppose he is one of the main focuses of the manga . Also I must have missed the part where they ordered Shiro's capture (thanks!!) and now that you mention that I do see how it's pretty odd...
Becquerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 16:34   Link #852
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't see much of the good/evil things. Scepter-4 seems like your typical gang of paladins. Conversely, HOMRA are rogues.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 17:16   Link #853
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, after seeing ep 3 I think I will add this to the "actively following" series.
Old 2012-10-22, 19:03   Link #854
Drexon

Does anyone know if the very first song, played at the beginning of episode 1 is available somewhere? Or has it not been released separately yet?
Drexon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 20:03   Link #855
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I'm waiting for Kuroh's cooking song to be released...
Old 2012-10-24, 09:35   Link #856
Tworble

Perhaps they want him "captured" instead of "killed" because they haven't found a body yet. Notice they use the phrase "Shot" instead of "Killed" twice.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 09:51   Link #857
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

For a moment, until Kuroh Yatogami introduced the entire spectrum, I was thinking: What is your color?

The clans and their methods almost fit the "colour pie" — blue for control, red for flashy violence, etc. That said, I'd readily concede that it's a common-enough colour-mood association that it doesn't really much.

So, at the moment, we have the blue, red, black and white players introduced. Waiting now for the greens, and the gold and colourless kings to appear.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 13:24   Link #858
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
So, at the moment, we have the blue, red, black and white players introduced. Waiting now for the greens, and the gold and colourless kings to appear.
Well, there's also silver (Weismann is the Silver King) that may or may not overlap with white... and isn't Shiro the current colorless king, by psycho!Shiro's own admission? Of course it may turn out that Shiro is, as his name implies, the elusive white king.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:15   Link #859
Tworble

We only know for sure that there is a Gold a Silver, a Red a Green a Blue and a Colorless King. That is six, so it doesn't leave room for white and black if the colorless king is the seventh king.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 18:02   Link #860
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Maybe Neko is the Pink King.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural