AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-18, 03:24   Link #1121
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for Chapter 250:
Old 2013-09-18, 16:59   Link #1122
marvelB

Heh, I like Midora's counter to Minority World. "I'll just eat both the minority AND the majority!"

Also.... I guess Midora's ultimate goal is to deprive humanity of food or something so he can have it all for himself? If that's the case, then I guess that pretty much means he's King Dedede.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 17:18   Link #1123
Breimoon

he will eat the world too xD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 11:47   Link #1124
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh, I like Midora's counter to Minority World. "I'll just eat both the minority AND the majority!"

Also.... I guess Midora's ultimate goal is to deprive humanity of food or something so he can have it all for himself? If that's the case, then I guess that pretty much means he's King Dedede.
Ironically his attack is more similar to Kirby than anything, EAT EVERYTHING, NOTHING SHALL RESIST.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 15:15   Link #1125
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

No wonder he created a technique to devour everything given his childhood. Seems like Frohze found him first. I agree that he looked similar to Toriko when he was younger. I wonder how long the flashback will be, well we already know the outcome of the battle anyway.
Old 2013-09-19, 15:49   Link #1126
Vahanar
Disabled By Request

Toriko is the son of the Midora and Frohze.
Vahanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 16:01   Link #1127
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Ironically his attack is more similar to Kirby than anything, EAT EVERYTHING, NOTHING SHALL RESIST.

Well, Dedede can do the whole "suck stuff into his mouth" thing too, so I think that's still a more legit comparison.
Old 2013-09-19, 19:45   Link #1128
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanar View Post
Toriko is the son of the Midora and Frohze.
What has been seen cannot be unseen.

And finally some proper flashback for background story to fill missing pieces in the manga. I hope we also get to see our main four heavenly king's past too but I guess it will have to wait a bit longer. I think we will see their past when they are totally in dire situation just like Midora but Toriko was almost killed so flashbacks will come in a random time. Anyways I think Midora is the strongest human in the world with an endless apetite like that and I don't think there will be any technique that will counter him so I am waiting an encounter between Joa/Frohze and Midora. I wonder what will be his reaction when he see pseudo Frohze.
Old 2013-09-25, 13:46   Link #1129
marvelB

My goodness, does the new chapter look to be an awesome one:

Spoiler for Toriko 251:
Old 2013-09-26, 01:35   Link #1130
marvelB

Translation's out, so bump!

Yeah, I found this chapter a lot more awesome now that I read the translation. Also we definitely know now that Ichi and Midora (as well as Jirou) aren't related by blood as all 3 seem to be war orphans. Also, I thought that Pair was supposed to be an ingredient, but Acacia talked about it as if it were a person, oddly enough (or maybe the ingredient is named after the person?). It also looks like the Nitro were originally responsible for the Four Beast's human world invasion. Now this is kinda making me wonder if Joa is actually a Nitro himself? After all, it was implied that Nitro eat humans, and Joa tends to describe the people/creatures he brainwashed as having "cooked" them. So maybe he's actually a super-evolved Nitro, probably even the species' leader....?

Oh, and of course, I'm definitely interested in the "farthest land" Acacia mentioned. Could he be referring to a Gourmet World location, or perhaps someplace even farther....?

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-09-26 at 02:02.
Old 2013-09-26, 02:06   Link #1131
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ It is a possibility...As for Pair, it can still be an ingredient, maybe like the ehou maki that is used in fortune telling. So, Midora was born with gourmet cells and was picked up by Frohze, Acacia stopped the war, sent Ichiryuu to defeat the four beast and then disappeared to the edge of the world? Well, taking into account the fact that the Gourmet World is huge, it's not much of a surprise that nobody has been able to find him...

Looking forward to the rest of this delicious story
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 15:39   Link #1132
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

If Acacia and Frohze went to so called place "Farthest Land" together then I am assuming that they were attacked by either some species greater than them and kidnapped Frohze and disguised as her and now acting as Joe in the human world in order to bring chaos to it. I wouldn't be suprised like Kafriel mentioned if they are Nitro. And I also assume that Acacia is still alive and either lost in this Farthest Land or still investigating something in this place. Now all we need is our four heavenly king go there and explore this land too but if this place is not Gourment World then they have to take on GW first of course. Anyways things are getting as always and I am a bit worried that story is progressing rather too fast. And lastly Frohze is such a gorgeous lady. She looked rather creepy when we saw her for the first time as Joe but now that she treated Midora with really kindly heart now she looks rather angelic being on my eyes from now on. Also she seemed a bit worried when Acacia said I need your power and I guess she is unwilling to go there as if foreshadowing something bad will happen there and so something did bad happen ;<

edit: Oh how careless of me. I was editing this comment back when I was about the sleep but now fixed. Sorry for the trouble :3

Last edited by Qpax; 2013-09-27 at 11:25.
Qpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 16:48   Link #1133
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ You're messing your mangas, move that edit next door.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 04:00   Link #1134
ShiroiRyu

Ok guys ...
Please, stay calm and look at this chapter.
It's how you do a Flashback chapter and how you love the beauty of a female character in Toriko. They are so rare (and not so young... ).
Old 2013-09-29, 22:11   Link #1135
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

For some reason i always thought Jirou would be older than Ichiryuu. Acacia talked about "pair" like it was a person. So the farthest land might be the location of god.
Old 2013-10-02, 14:26   Link #1136
marvelB

Only saw a few pics from the raw so far, but it definitely looked interesting:

Spoiler for Toriko 252:
Old 2013-10-03, 01:27   Link #1137
marvelB

Once again, bumping due to a released translation!

Man.... these flashback chapters are great. To think I'm actually liking the younger Midora. I also like how the chapter mentions a few beasts/ingredients from past arcs like the devil serpent (or I guess devil Orochi as it's now called) and the rainbow fruit. In fact, speaking of the serpent, I notice Acacia mentioned that largest class of serpent rivals the world's strongest beasts. I wonder if that also includes gourmet world beasts, because that would explain how the Devil Orochi was once considered to be a rival of the Battle Wolves of the GW (Terry's ancestors, in other words).

And yeah, I guess it figures that Midora's gourmet cells are considered special even for others like him. But once again, I have to wonder if Pair really is the same ingredient from Acacia's menu? Now it seems more like he's one of those Nitros.....
Old 2013-10-03, 02:02   Link #1138
ellifeedn
Thinker

I imagine the giant crow and giant serpent are other legendary beasts.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 05:47   Link #1139
Battler-kun

Damn, Blue Nitros are "undefeatable", even for Acacia!

So this is the big task of the Heavenly Four in this manga I guess, to defeat them and their boss.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 10:09   Link #1140
Homura7

I'm more thrilled by that supposed fairy tale.

The chapter explains a lot of things, and also confirms that Mohyan Shaishai didn't revive the Four Beast... because it never died, the main body.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen