Notices

Old 2004-07-29, 19:47   Link #1901
Shay
Monarch Programmer

My two quids........
Spoiler:

Changes depending on my mood swings.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by shinobi_shay; 2004-07-29 at 20:13.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 19:58   Link #1902
Stofzuiger
Bubblewrap!!!

Spoiler:

I know.. I'm an a-hole for useing my own picture as my desktop... but hey! Don't we all like the feeling someone is using ur pic as a desktop :fingers:

edit... oops sorry, pressed the wrong button
Stofzuiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 20:44   Link #1903
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
New desktop again! (actually it's rotating, but who cares?)
Aww...

Anyway, here's my latest one, courtesy of Nightwish's bandwidth (hope it doesn't take up too much)...

Spoiler:

I always feel somewhat inadequate when I see the fantastic art that AS members have for their desktops. If I were a little better at image editing and manipulation I could probably put together something I'd be happier with. Until then, I guess the simple stuff stays...

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 20:47   Link #1904
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Well here's my desktop. I wonder if you can tell who my favorite Hunter x Hunter character is?

Spoiler for 1208x1024:
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 20:50   Link #1905
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
Do you mean this?
Spoiler:

All you have to do is to put the line 'font=MS UI Gothic' in your pledit.txt files.
Also if it still doesn't work, try putting your regionnal parameters in Japanese.
You get this (notice the jap characters in winamp) :
Spoiler for big pic, too lazy to cut:

Deh, there's nothing wrong, my winamp just happens to be there (sorry to desapoint you, no nudity )
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
I found another way if your skins don't have pledit(most of mine are single .wsz files).
Go to winamp.ini and look for the lines:
playlist_custom_font=Arial
custom_plfont=0

Change the 0 to 1 and replace Arial with any Japanese supported font.
Thanks for the replies Thany and SlugZilla! I appreciate it. Sorry I haven't posted back, it's been a while since I've been here.

Anyways, I tried out the things that you guys suggested, but it still didn't work. Hmm. Here's a screenshot:
Spoiler:

You'll notice that I have set the font stuff in both Winamp.ini and pledit.txt to fonts that can display Japanese characters - Lucida Sans Unicode and MS Gothic. My system local has also been set to Japanese, and I have Japanese checked in the language settings list.

However, the MP3 ID3 tags still showed up in jibberish. To make sure that it wasn't just those MP3's that were messed up, I editted my own ID3 tags. But you'll notice that after writing some random japanese and hitting enter, that it all just changes to "????????????" So like... I switch to Hiragana and type, "ano..." which shows up as, "あの。。。" I then hit enter to confirm and it turns into "?????"

Any other suggestions? What versions of Winamp are you guys using? Mine says v5.03a. I recall that people on the Winamp forums say that Winamp does not and will not support unicode or something like that. So, I dunno. lol
rcxAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 21:30   Link #1906
Skuld
ヽ(`д´)ノww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Ah, looks like the character artist for war of genesis and Magna Carta is at it again. It looks very nice... may I ask the name of the game along with the source?

Thank in advance.
Magnacarta: Crimson Stigmata coming out Sept of 04 on JP PS2. Remake of the original Korean version with the coolest seiyuu cast (w

Oh and here http://magnacarta.jp ...stunning music
Skuld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 23:18   Link #1907
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuld
Magnacarta: Crimson Stigmata coming out Sept of 04 on JP PS2. Remake of the original Korean version with the coolest seiyuu cast (w

Oh and here http://magnacarta.jp ...stunning music
That's funny. Why is it the Japanese one has better voice acting than the original Korean one? Korean voice acting in video games is very weak. The voices often don't match the characters and in some occasions some of the voice actors do multiple characters(like 3-4 characters).

Ah well. Hopefully this game will come to the US as well. The character designs are fantastic and the gameplay isn't too shabby either.

Thanks for the site .
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 02:51   Link #1908
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcxAsh
Thanks for the replies Thany and SlugZilla! I appreciate it. Sorry I haven't posted back, it's been a while since I've been here.

Anyways, I tried out the things that you guys suggested, but it still didn't work. Hmm. Here's a screenshot:
Spoiler:

You'll notice that I have set the font stuff in both Winamp.ini and pledit.txt to fonts that can display Japanese characters - Lucida Sans Unicode and MS Gothic. My system local has also been set to Japanese, and I have Japanese checked in the language settings list.

However, the MP3 ID3 tags still showed up in jibberish. To make sure that it wasn't just those MP3's that were messed up, I editted my own ID3 tags. But you'll notice that after writing some random japanese and hitting enter, that it all just changes to "????????????" So like... I switch to Hiragana and type, "ano..." which shows up as, "あの。。。" I then hit enter to confirm and it turns into "?????"

Any other suggestions? What versions of Winamp are you guys using? Mine says v5.03a. I recall that people on the Winamp forums say that Winamp does not and will not support unicode or something like that. So, I dunno. lol
You should also do this : (all infos in the image)
Spoiler:

So : did you put your language to Japanese in advanced too?
Also, did you reboot the computer?
Also, please, try MS UI Gothics instead of that other font.
Note that you won't get to see the text in the infos without Winamp PRO : with it, you should be able to get all to work though, but you need to buy it
Old 2004-07-31, 01:32   Link #1909
odin

Spoiler for My Desktop:

odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 02:30   Link #1910
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
OMG StoneColdCrazy... isnt that Thief II? I love that game! I should play it again.

I finally cleared my desktop, (it was cluttered with icons all over it) so I decide to give it a try to this thread
Spoiler:
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 02:31   Link #1911
Entropy
Flame warrior

Here ya go

Spoiler:
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 03:10   Link #1912
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
Spoiler:
Is that Grandia 2 I see on your desktop? Plz tell me there exists a version for PC, I own it on Dreamcast and would give a leg and half to get it on PC... To be fair, here's my dektop...
Spoiler for good shows die hard:
EDIT: wow. I had no idea the quality was so bad. Let's all blame photobucket now for their ugly compression...
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 03:19   Link #1913
Harogenki
Victim of Zeta Reticulins

Send a message via AIM to Harogenki
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
Aww...

Anyway, here's my latest one, courtesy of Nightwish's bandwidth (hope it doesn't take up too much)...

Spoiler:

I always feel somewhat inadequate when I see the fantastic art that AS members have for their desktops. If I were a little better at image editing and manipulation I could probably put together something I'd be happier with. Until then, I guess the simple stuff stays...

SCC
You've got a flawness wallpaper, absolutely flawless its awesome lol (im mainly sayin' that for my love of bunny girls)
Harogenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 03:45   Link #1914
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Is that Grandia 2 I see on your desktop? Plz tell me there exists a version for PC, I own it on Dreamcast and would give a leg and half to get it on PC... To be fair, here's my dektop...
Spoiler for good shows die hard:
EDIT: wow. I had no idea the quality was so bad. Let's all blame photobucket now for their ugly compression...
I think Grandia 2 do exist on PC as far as I know.
BTW, you shouldn't reduce the size of your desktop, since you're using spoilers, people just have to be warned about the large size.
Old 2004-07-31, 04:28   Link #1915
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
I think Grandia 2 do exist on PC as far as I know.
BTW, you shouldn't reduce the size of your desktop, since you're using spoilers, people just have to be warned about the large size.
Actually, for reasons unknown to me, Photobucket auto-resized it. I created using Photoshop set for 254 kb, but it got shrunken to 209 without my consent. A retry yielded the same results.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 04:51   Link #1916
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Actually, for reasons unknown to me, Photobucket auto-resized it. I created using Photoshop set for 254 kb, but it got shrunken to 209 without my consent. A retry yielded the same results.
How about trying to use WinGrab?
It's a good way to make screenshots without having to open any stuffs like Photoshop.
Old 2004-07-31, 19:46   Link #1917
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Spoiler:

Just reformatted...
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 20:07   Link #1918
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!

Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
new one:
http://www.philmowatt.com/files/geti...sktoppppp.jpg&
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 08:23   Link #1919
Sihr
Assamite blood sorceror

Spoiler:

Here's my clean desktop

btw, first post!
Sihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 08:37   Link #1920
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOTOBUCKET
Valid file types: jpg, gif, png, bmp
Images larger than 250kb are automatically resized
^_____~

I love your wallpaper Sihr, can I have a clean version!?
Same to you chibidusk!
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customize, desktop, rainmeter, wallpaper