AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2010-10-17, 07:06   Link #1581
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
One thing that I really don't understand, it's not an important part of the anime, but it still bothers me.
Why does Mion have a pistol, but never uses it?
Old 2010-10-17, 11:00   Link #1582
Boinciel
Mii~

It's a model handgun. Firearm laws don't allow for the real thing, but hobby shops are able to sell highly accurate replicas.
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 11:49   Link #1583
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
It's a model handgun. Firearm laws don't allow for the real thing, but hobby shops are able to sell highly accurate replicas.
Does it have anything to do with the story?
Old 2010-10-17, 12:05   Link #1584
Boinciel
Mii~

Not really, but it does help to strengthen Mion's character a bit.
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 12:36   Link #1585
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
Not really, but it does help to strengthen Mion's character a bit.
Ok... It was just confusing to me that she would use a stun-gun all the time when she had a gun.
Old 2010-10-18, 03:35   Link #1586
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Ok... It was just confusing to me that she would use a stun-gun all the time when she had a gun.
As I recall, there was a manga-based explanation:

Spoiler for Size:
Old 2010-10-18, 05:19   Link #1587
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

LOL I see... Thanks.
Old 2010-10-19, 12:47   Link #1588
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

What does 'Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (kay/rei)' mean? I know that Higurashi are a special kind of insect, and I can tell from the rest of the sentence that there doing somthing.
Thanks.
Old 2010-10-19, 13:21   Link #1589
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
What does 'Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (kay/rei)' mean? I know that Higurashi are a special kind of insect, and I can tell from the rest of the sentence that there doing somthing.
Thanks.
"When the Cicadas Cry" is the title name. I don't know what Kai or Rei refer to.
Old 2010-10-19, 13:37   Link #1590
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The Kanji for Kai, 解, means solutions, while for Rei, 礼, means gratitude.
Old 2010-10-21, 02:58   Link #1591
KoiYuki

Quote:
Shion's the one with the tazer, if that's what you mean by stun gun..
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 19:03   Link #1592
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Hey, just wondering... does anyone know how it would be possible to get hold of the original Higurashi sprites as drawn by Ryukishi07? They seem to be pretty difficult to find...
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 19:59   Link #1593
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Which version of the game do you have? The original (NScripter) or Manga Gamer's? It's fairly easy to extract from the NScripter version.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 13:58   Link #1594
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Which version of the game do you have? The original (NScripter) or Manga Gamer's? It's fairly easy to extract from the NScripter version.
Well, I actually have the iPad versions... That said, if it is possible to extract from NScripter versions, shouldn't it be possible to extract the sprites from the Onikakushi demo?

Edit: Oh cool! I used nsaout and managed to get hold of all those lovely graphics! Heh heh. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Yirba; 2010-12-10 at 14:59.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 15:42   Link #1595
celasvictoria

I just have one simple question. In minagoroshi-hen, does it really make difference which choyces you make trough the game?
celasvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 15:43   Link #1596
Lishy

No it does not.
Lishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 18:24   Link #1597
AyaSai

There are alot of unanswered questions regarding to the 4 DS series, Higurashi Kizuna; and I hope these are answered:

1. There's not enough info about Tokihogushi-hen (Untangling Arc, in the 3rd DS game). So I wanna know what happens at Tokihogushi-hen? And what was Nagisa Ozaki's role in it? What happen to her at the end?

2. I am aware of what happens at Miotsukushi-hen (Canal Drying Chapter) from the PS2 game, Higurashi Matsuri, but I heard the NDS version is a little different from the PS2 version. All I know is that Natsumi and Tomoe's storyline is "continued" from Tokihogushi-hen. But what happen? Did Tomoe finally solve the case? Was Natsumi able to overcome the "curse" and her solution was solve, just like the ones that involve with Rena (preventing Rina away from her father), Shion (truth behind Satoshi's dissappearance), and Satoko (her uncle's return) in Miotsukushi? Is the NDS ending of Miotsukushi-hen different from the PS2 version? Who is Hanada Shirou, and what was his role in Miotsukushi-hen?

3. I am also aware about Yoigoshi-hen (Beyond Midnight Chapter). The NDS version is maybe a little similar to the manga, but the difference is that there's a new character added there, Miyuki Sorimachi. I am aware of who she really is, but what was her role in it? And what's with the "gunfight scene"? Is she battling "Mion" or someone else?

4. Kotohogushi-hen (Congratulating arc (or something, I don't know, no one translated what it means so a friend of my believe it's called Congratulating)) is an arc that is more detailed about Hanyuu's past. It even introduce Riku Furude (the one of the Furude member that fell in love with Hanyuu), and Ouka was there. It also reveal was Hanyuu's real name. But my question is, what happen? Is it a little similiar from the PS2 game? What are the other infos in NDS that didn't appear in the PS2 version. What happen to Riku?

5. maybe some info about kageboushi-hen, I know it's now a little similar to Onisarashi-hen, but my question is: how did Tomoe die?

6. And this question: who are these people in Higurashi Kizuna (I only found a little info but but not much. Ex: Shingo is a police officer, but what does he do in the arcs?), and what are their roles? What happen to them?
-Madoka Minai
-Shingo Fujita
-Kaoru Yamaoki
-Nagisa Ozaki
-Tsukada Satoshi
-Hatakeyama Kazumi
-Hatakeyama Aoi
-Kimiyoshi Shino
-Sonozaki Mao

I hope my question will be answered soon. I would really appreciate it.
AyaSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 22:37   Link #1598
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

^ I'll try to answer your questions, but since my Japanese is not so good, I might not be able to fully answer them...

1. I remember this arc taking place about a year before the events of the main games... I believe Tomoe goes to Hinamizawa to investigate Ryuuguu Reina in regards to the incident where she went beserk at her previous school (apparently caused by attempted rape by 3 male students who were injured in the process). Ozaki was a relative of one of the male students. She dies at the end of it, but I don't remember the cause of it.

2. Don't remember much from this one. I do recall that Natsumi did recover from the Sydrome by the end, with Tomoe getting killed at her hands. I also don't know much about Hanada, only that he betrayed Tomoe.

3. Miyuki, I think was an undercover detective (as a journalist), who went along with the journalist guy (can't remember the name). In the gunfight scene, the fight is against a group of Sonozaki goons led by a faction leader (whose name I don't remember), who have come to kill "Mion" and claim a bell that will ensure he becomes the leader of the Sonozaki clan (rather than Shion).

4. I haven't bothered to finish this one. I think I said something about this arc in this thread or another one.

5. Stabbed by Natsumi, I think.

6. Madoka is Tomoe's younger sister, also in the police force as an officer. Shino is possibly the wife of the Kimiyoshi head/is the head during Riku's time. Mao would have been the head of the Sonozaki clan during said time.

That's about all I know, I'm afraid.

Last edited by blaze0041; 2010-12-24 at 16:58.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 23:15   Link #1599
AyaSai

HOLY- Tomoe died in Miotsukushi-hen?! I thought she's still alive (because saw this blog about it (in japnese and still doesn't have enough detailed info), shows that after this scene with Natsumi and Tomoe (what it looks like it), there was this CG scene of Tomoe in some kind of car chase to an injured then crying Tomoe infront of her police car). So, if Tomoe died in Miotsukushi(if she did), then does that mean that Hanyuu died as well like the PS2 (the blog I mention doesn't explain, but there was a CG scene of Rika falling then a scene when Rika was "possessed" by Hanyuu/Oyashiro-sama)?! Speaking of Miotsukushi-hen, did Natsumi killed her parents again, like Someutsushi-hen and Kageboshi-hen? or are her parents still alive?

So Hanada is a bad guy in Miotsukushi-hen, and how did he betray her?

Well, I hope my other questions (some that are still not answered) are answered soon.

The other reason I want to know more info Higurashi Kizuna is because I'm creating a fanfic that involves crossover characters taking roles of characters of Higurashi (Howard Wright from Siren: Blood Curse as Keiichi, Kairi from Kingdom Hearts as Rika, Yomi Takanashi from Black Rock Shooter as Natsumi, Norman Jayden from Heavy Rain taking Tomoe's role, etc), and I became interested with Kizuna that I decided to based it off the series, hoping to make Kizuna well known.

But there was not enough info on the new arcs in the internet (even in Higurashi Wikia, it's not enough or there's no info about Kizuna).

But, thank you! I really appreciate your help!
AyaSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 23:41   Link #1600
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

^ The last ime I played Kizuna 4 was well over 2 months ago. I apologise if my memory is a little fuzzy (in regards to Miotsukushi-hen). And again, because my Japanese is poor, I don't understand most of it (e.g. How Hanada betrays Tomoe, though Ozaki makes an appearance).

Last edited by blaze0041; 2010-12-24 at 16:59.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote