AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-09-26, 16:54   Link #181
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
so true, instead of maito gai(i think it was pronounce might to guy a) they named him might guy, dude, WTF!!
All they did is de-Engrish the name...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 17:53   Link #182
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
One more reason to hate subs is the way they butcher the Japanese culture. I just don't get the same level of respect some characters get when they are introduced, referred to, or addressed. It is true when you go to a High context culture in Japan and trying to convert it to a low context culture that we have in the United States and most English speaking countries. A lot of things just don't translate well like Sama, and stuff.
Of course. There are people in my area who didn't know Naruto was Japanese, just because they were dubbers only. As I mentioned before...geared towards teens, drew in a bigger audience.
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 18:06   Link #183
rasudoken

since toonami set up dub naruto, one day, i saw a bunch of little kids playing naruto on the grass, one was like, I use sharingan! another was like i use fireball jutsu!!!i didn't like this really much, the dub voice will also be bad for the later episode.
rasudoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 18:19   Link #184
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
Quote:
since toonami set up dub naruto, one day, i saw a bunch of little kids playing naruto on the grass, one was like, I use sharingan! another was like i use fireball jutsu!!!i didn't like this really much, the dub voice will also be bad for the later episode.
I hate the voices they use in the dubb, the one interpreting Naruto shouldn't have such a deep voice. And they are cutting out all the real stuff. It is just plain annoying.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 18:49   Link #185
rasudoken

1, they cut off cursing
2, naruto was probably meant for 14 year old teens
3, it's not for 7 years old
4, yes, they're voices sucks, especially the girls
5, sasuke's voice, not deep enough
6, no subtitle at beggining, sub title at GO!!!
7, at first, they replace tebayo with believe it! and then they don't use it!!
rasudoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 19:05   Link #186
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
1, they cut off cursing
2, naruto was probably meant for 14 year old teens
3, it's not for 7 years old
4, yes, they're voices sucks, especially the girls
5, sasuke's voice, not deep enough
6, no subtitle at beggining, sub title at GO!!!
7, at first, they replace tebayo with believe it! and then they don't use it!!

8, The fact that they didn't use Haruka Kanata and the same opening animation for season 2! That annoyed me so much, I just.. AARRGGH

I thought that opening was one of the most fitting openings I've ever seen for a period of episodes I've ever seen in an anime. When I see that opening I recollect pretty much all of that season and it's great.
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 01:16   Link #187
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
One more reason to hate subs is the way they butcher the Japanese culture. I just don't get the same level of respect some characters get when they are introduced, referred to, or addressed. It is true when you go to a High context culture in Japan and trying to convert it to a low context culture that we have in the United States and most English speaking countries. A lot of things just don't translate well like Sama, and stuff.
Well, the honorifics are cut out because they don't work in English. Japanese is a language of respect and restraint. Titles are used constantly to all but the closest of friends and family, whereas English is more relaxed and informal. We only use titles like "Mr." and "sir" when the situation calls for it, which is often much less than Japanese. Also, you have to realize that not everyone watching these shows is an otaku. We know what the honorifics mean, and how they're used, but average people don't. And if they were used in English, you would hear things like "Mr. Naruto" and "Ms. Sakura" every time someone spoke. Lee would sound goofy as hell if they did that, since he applies honorifics to every name. They still use sensei, and sama is usually replaced with lord and lady, the english equivalent. Other than that, the titles really just don't fit when making a translation into English.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 03:30   Link #188
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Question

Why did this thread die?

Anyways, I have a question, should I make a new thread for discussion about the Naruto Shippuden Dub, or is it alright to just talk about it here?

Oh by the way, I enjoyed the dub for the original Naruto, watched episodes 1-209 as they aired on Cartoon Network, and then watched episodes 210-220 thanks to iTunes.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 17:36   Link #189
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
Why did this thread die?

Anyways, I have a question, should I make a new thread for discussion about the Naruto Shippuden Dub, or is it alright to just talk about it here?

Oh by the way, I enjoyed the dub for the original Naruto, watched episodes 1-209 as they aired on Cartoon Network, and then watched episodes 210-220 thanks to iTunes.
I thought the dubs for Naruto was great too
Old 2010-09-02, 20:13   Link #190
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Does anyone feel like discussing the German dub...the English one is incredible in comparison.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:48   Link #191
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I guess since no one answered me, I'll make a new thread......
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 16:15   Link #192
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
I guess since no one answered me, I'll make a new thread......
The thread likely died because people stop caring for dubs on this site
Old 2010-09-20, 13:21   Link #193
xlilyx
Hello Friend ^-^ x

I just wanted to send this to everyone who might look at this soon so here goes...
I really like Naruto English Dub and I like it more in Naruto Shippuden because the women who plays as Naruto's voice in the English Dub sounds much better. In Naruto Unleashed he sounds a bit shouty and crocky but I didn't mind. Except for Naruto all of the other character's voices were excellent. I really liked the Sand Sibling's voices in English but I guess it's because I've heard them in other anime's I really liked. For characters like Kakashi, Shikamaru, Ino, Shino and Hinata they choose voices that go well with their personality's. I think they chose really good voices for most of the cast but overall I love the English Cast but I must admit I like listening to the Japanese Cast sometimes. In Naruto Shippuden the voices in the Akatsuki are amazing, I really love Jonny Yong Bosch who voiced Sasori. As all of Naruto Unleashed character's had to adgust their voices a bit I really think they did a great job. Like I said before I think Naruto's voice changed a lot because the loudness and crockyness of his voice lowered and become much softer. And like I said before I don't mind how the voices sound as I think the English cast has done an excellent job with it but I also like the Japanese cast.
Thanks for reading and I hope people write in this discussion soon.
Old 2010-09-20, 19:01   Link #194
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlilyx View Post
I just wanted to send this to everyone who might look at this soon so here goes...
I really like Naruto English Dub and I like it more in Naruto Shippuden because the women who plays as Naruto's voice in the English Dub sounds much better. In Naruto Unleashed he sounds a bit shouty and crocky but I didn't mind. Except for Naruto all of the other character's voices were excellent. I really liked the Sand Sibling's voices in English but I guess it's because I've heard them in other anime's I really liked. For characters like Kakashi, Shikamaru, Ino, Shino and Hinata they choose voices that go well with their personality's. I think they chose really good voices for most of the cast but overall I love the English Cast but I must admit I like listening to the Japanese Cast sometimes. In Naruto Shippuden the voices in the Akatsuki are amazing, I really love Jonny Yong Bosch who voiced Sasori. As all of Naruto Unleashed character's had to adgust their voices a bit I really think they did a great job. Like I said before I think Naruto's voice changed a lot because the loudness and crockyness of his voice lowered and become much softer. And like I said before I don't mind how the voices sound as I think the English cast has done an excellent job with it but I also like the Japanese cast.
Thanks for reading and I hope people write in this discussion soon.
I know I loved when Naruto Shippuden was dubbed besides the fact that it was on Disney which shocked me yet I loved it especially when the had Johnny Young Bosch did Sasori (Which might become tough later on since he does Ichigo) that was perfect. I loved how the made Dedira's voice much tougher than the Japanese version. I always loved how Viz dubbed there anime especially when there Adult Swim. Naruto Shippuden dubbing was a master piece
Old 2010-09-22, 13:15   Link #195
xlilyx
Hello Friend ^-^ x

I totally agree with you there secretzfan. I was also shocked and also upset when I heard that Naruto is only on the Disney Channel. Anyway I think Johnny Yong Bosch has an amazing voice because as ichigo and Sasori he does he tone so differently I love it. I also agree with you about Deidara's voice. I also love that character and of course his voice. Yes, Naruto Shippuden dubbing of English is definately a master piece.
Old 2013-01-12, 10:30   Link #196
narutoxtreeme

I love the engish dubs. Who cares of some moments sound corny?Some are. Those english voices are the ones we all grew up with, so you can not say they are out of character, they were there from the beginning. Subtitles on tv will only become annoying after a while because you will have to read and watch at the same time. If I want to read, i would grab a book, not turn on the TV. Lol.
narutoxtreeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 16:21   Link #197
takai
Easy Muffin

The english dub for Naruto was really well done. I love it. Malie Flannagan has done such a great job with Naruto, starting off as an annoying little kid, to now a mature and focused young adult. Sure, it was a bit bumpy the first 10+ episodes, not just for Malie but the whole cast as well, but things like this take time. And now, I consider it one of the best english dubs out there.

I remember watching Naruto on Cartoon Network and Toonami, like when they did the Naruto Hundo(which was awesome).

Along with other voice actors like Dave Wittenberg and Kate Higgins. Dave's Kakashi is so perfect, he sounds cool, mysterious, wise, and even funny. I think he is a very superb voice actor. Kate Higgins has this unique voice that can sound girly, and strong at the same time. Which is really perfect for Sakura. And now that Sakura has grown up, Kate is able to speak in her actual voice for her, making her sound more realistic and natural.

I could really go on and on about the dub cast. I think they're a very talented group of individuals that have really shaped their characters over time. I'll admit, I'm a bit biased towards them due to the fact that I grew up listening to them. I really couldn't imagine the characters having any other voices. There's so much unjustified hate for the dub too, just due to the fact it is a dub, which in my opinion is very close minded.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 13:20   Link #198
Monster0

It's a cliche' for a dub version to get put down by fans that fancy themselves purist . But that's fine , i prefer the Spanish version of the 1933 Dracula film (it's actually not a dub , but a Spanish speaking cast same script),that has nothing to do with Naruto.But the English dubs are great.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 16:31   Link #199
pisceanreve

oh god...I'm sorry, but the only reason I watched it was because I wanted to see the big fight between Sasuke and Naruto right before Shippuden. Sasuke's voice SUCKS in the Japanese dub, which surprised me. As it's slightly better in English, I just went with that and got used to Naruto's voice on the way -_-
pisceanreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 07:39   Link #200
Sbetsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
dub sux /period/

not only in naruto but in any kind of dubbing...imo
dub sucks indeed unless it's done properly, which is sadly all too rare so dubs usually suck.