AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 13 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 68 47.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 20.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 17.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.10%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-29, 18:32   Link #61
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@poor tsugumi - what no s* comments (thank goodness). I loved the way they animated her especially in light of how she doesn't realise her feelings

But the thing is how many of you actually emphasise with Nagi? In the old days our roles were set by what family we were born in, but recently we make our own careers/destinies. I know Nagi has the whole memory loss thing going, but with Jun emoing I think it highlights the whole thing of lack of a given path the most modern day kids are presented with. <- Sorry too much mulled wine here
Old 2008-12-29, 18:50   Link #62
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
HAHAHA...

Funny how Tsugumi didn't go NICE BOAT on them both XD

Joke

Anyway a good ending episode for the series. It is left open so I would be expecting for more in the future.

It was great to see this rare side of Nagi when she has been such a strong character throughout the series so it got rather emotional when she realised that she really isn't all that strong. But it's good to see the usual Nagi which we know by the end. Poor Jin who did absolutely nothing again XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-12-29, 20:21   Link #63
static-flare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Super ending? 10/10? are you people insane? That was like the cheapest scene ever to end the series with!

Oh but wait, that's what it's all about. Guess I'll just take Kannagi for what it is, give it a nice burial...yeah we won't be seeing any more of it! 7/10.

What is your problem? Are you a blockhead? IF you are not satisfied with this ending..what are you expecting? A "nice boat" ending? Or a "hentai"fied ending?
Seriously..don't just come in here and mutter nonsense..this ending is soooooo well done..it ended with a slight touch of humor and it leaves it open so a second season can be made possible..
Old 2008-12-29, 20:54   Link #64
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by static-flare View Post
What is your problem? Are you a blockhead? IF you are not satisfied with this ending..what are you expecting? A "nice boat" ending? Or a "hentai"fied ending?
Seriously..don't just come in here and mutter nonsense..this ending is soooooo well done..it ended with a slight touch of humor and it leaves it open so a second season can be made possible..
Perhaps he was refering to what I was complaining about, the need to offset an entirely serious episode with 11 seconds of schmucky humor that somehow manages to fuck up everything the previous 21 minutes and 49 seconds before it had created.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2008-12-29 at 21:27.
Old 2008-12-29, 21:25   Link #65
Falkor

this is the second time I hear the phrase "Yes we can" outside of Obama's presidential speech--oh Zange-chan... (the first time was delivered by Minami-ke's Kana for the upcoming season)... a new trend, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the promised DVD bonus episodes. I'm expecting comedy/omake material, but we'll see!
oh I remember reading about those bonus episodes. Yamakan was supposedly working on some unaried episodes of Kannagi, or so I read. I didn't know it was actually that. Anyway, something to look forward to before a possible new season is announced, I guess... (a beach episode, anyone? an anime cannot "be complete" without one)...
Old 2008-12-29, 21:28   Link #66
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

SECOND SEASON!!! PLEASE!

It really does feel like there will be a second season... "fingers crossed"
Old 2008-12-29, 22:57   Link #67
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Anyway, something to look forward to before a possible new season is announced, I guess... (a beach episode, anyone? an anime cannot "be complete" without one)...
That happens in volume 4! But don't expect to see it as an unaired episode considering that leads into part of the god storyline.
Old 2008-12-30, 02:15   Link #68
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I have to say this was probably my most favorite episode of all of them. Tsugumi in this episode was epic.

I needz a second episodez!!
Old 2008-12-30, 02:47   Link #69
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Simply beautiful.
Spoiler for JinxNagi:

Nothing definitive, but it was a wonderful moment.

I think the ending leaves too much open for them not to be planning a second season. I'll be very surprised (and disappointed) if there isn't more to come.
Old 2008-12-30, 02:54   Link #70
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Simply beautiful.
Spoiler for JinxNagi:

Nothing definitive, but it was a wonderful moment.

I think the ending leaves too much open for them not to be planning a second season. I'll be very surprised (and disappointed) if there isn't more to come.
It kinda sucks that the show got some strong development on the character side and it ends D:

I always knew they were gonna start having feelings for eachother... Just wasn't sure when D:
Old 2008-12-30, 03:18   Link #71
Decel

Gave this a 9, as Tsugumi's scene at the end was worth a good 6 points alone. The ending is very nice but felt as if it went up Mount Everest (previous 2 eps of drama) only to slide it down in a quarter episode or so.

Also, while the opening (no intro) followed the staple of series ending, the ending itself (credits) felt cheapened, as if they actually ran out of money and had to resort to recycling of memorable scenes (even the backround was black!).

Easily one of the best shows this year though. Also hoping for a second season.
Old 2008-12-30, 03:30   Link #72
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I always knew they were gonna start having feelings for eachother... Just wasn't sure when D:
Yeah, but how will the feelings sort out in the end?

They obviously care about each other, but Nagi may have a purpose for existence in the end that can't include romance in the human realm. It's difficult for me, as a westerner, to consider the nature of "gods" in Japanese culture and how they can exist in human terms while having a godly nature.

The only instance that comes to my mind, of an ongoing relationship of that nature, is Oh My Goddess! and the Belldandy/Keiichi relationship.

Something I haven't seen brought up, or I missed if it was, is just what was Jin trying to say when Tsugumi broke in on the scene? A confession?

I watched that ending again and the little tee-hee from Nagi as she looks back over her shoulder, while holding the towel around her, is priceless. What a delightful, upbeat final gesture.
Old 2008-12-30, 03:42   Link #73
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

And so ends one of the real surprise packets of the year. I thoroughly enjoyed that, even if it did seem to run out of momentum in the second half of the final episode.

I'm trying to think up a way to address the criticisms regarding the transition between comedy and drama which seem to me to be that, while the show did comedy well, and did drama well, it didn't do a very good job of melding the two together. But, I really can't think of a way that they could have done much better at melding them together. The transition seemed fairly obvious to me about half way through ep 11 that it was going to be fairly serious from then on. A few people complained about the comedic filler episodes maybe leaving them with too much to do at the end (I may have been among them, I can't remember in all honesty now), but I think in the end I'm happy to accept a "sacrifice" in good pacing (as small as a sacrifice as it was, since I didn't find the final few episodes rushed... quite the opposite, if anything) because the comedy in these filler episodes was so damn funny. And I did think that they served a purpose in making the characters more sympathetic.

I do have a few minor criticisms about the plot though, as it left so many loose endings. It implies two possibilities: either there's going to be a second season (damn, I'm so sick of sequels, even for good series like this one) or the plot points they raised at the beginning were fairly meaningless and just there to pad the mystery at the moment. Anyway, the list of loose ends includes Nagi's loved on, everything about Zange/Hakua, the story behind Nagi's more divine secret personality, etc, etc.
Old 2008-12-30, 03:46   Link #74
pparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Perhaps he was refering to what I was complaining about, the need to offset an entirely serious episode with 11 seconds of schmucky humor that somehow manages to fuck up everything the previous 21 minutes and 49 seconds before it had created.

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. That was one of the best endings I've seen for this type of show. It's a romantic comedy, right? It's not Clannad. The setup episodes and emotional ending were well-paced and very authentic, and necessary for the storyline. The final scene was a subtle wink and parody, and simply delivered some fanservice reward for the fans, IMHO. Tsugumi's reaction was priceless, almost equal to her "victory dance" in the art club initiation ep. And as mentioned, the little closing line from Nagi was perfect. The beauty of it was that in those few seconds, the entire tone of the show came back to me, my reason for liking it in the beginning. The drama's over, and we're right back on track, hopefully for season two.
Old 2008-12-30, 04:09   Link #75
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I do have a few minor criticisms about the plot though, as it left so many loose endings. It implies two possibilities: either there's going to be a second season (damn, I'm so sick of sequels, even for good series like this one) or the plot points they raised at the beginning were fairly meaningless and just there to pad the mystery at the moment. Anyway, the list of loose ends includes Nagi's loved on, everything about Zange/Hakua, the story behind Nagi's more divine secret personality, etc, etc.
All that does get addressed in the later manga volumes, as well as how Jin became friends with Daitetsu and what he did to Tsugumi he felt guilty over.
Old 2008-12-30, 04:29   Link #76
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Yeah, but how will the feelings sort out in the end?

They obviously care about each other, but Nagi may have a purpose for existence in the end that can't include romance in the human realm. It's difficult for me, as a westerner, to consider the nature of "gods" in Japanese culture and how they can exist in human terms while having a godly nature.

The only instance that comes to my mind, of an ongoing relationship of that nature, is Oh My Goddess! and the Belldandy/Keiichi relationship.

Something I haven't seen brought up, or I missed if it was, is just what was Jin trying to say when Tsugumi broke in on the scene? A confession?

I watched that ending again and the little tee-hee from Nagi as she looks back over her shoulder, while holding the towel around her, is priceless. What a delightful, upbeat final gesture.
One word really... "Demi-Gods"

The procreation of Humans and Gods.
Old 2008-12-30, 05:27   Link #77
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Sorrow-K: Actually, the anime had about one real filler episode (Episode 7, or the Closet episode), and even then it preserved the spirit of the source material (meaning it was easily as funny as the previous episodes).

I'm hoping that the DVDs continue to sell well, to give more ammunition for the Production Committee to push for a sequel. Also, Volumes 4 to 6 of the manga should have enough material for another 13-episode season.
Old 2008-12-30, 05:32   Link #78
Westlo
Lets be reality

There's enough material really (filler ep and pad out a few chapters and viola!), the problem is there's no decent stopping point like the end of Vol 3 which we just saw. The current manga arc finish will be the end of the second season, pretty much assured of that.
Old 2008-12-30, 05:52   Link #79
SkoolRumble4Ya

Damn this was a great episode except for Tsugumi crying in the end. It didn't feel like an ending that's what I hate about it.
Old 2008-12-30, 06:57   Link #80
Grif

I hope for a second series, this one was great

I laughed at the ending :P. Tsugumi's face was awesome xD.

Sad to see her cry though.

Somewhat open ended, hopefully that means more on the way ^^.
Closed Thread