AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-29, 11:13   Link #221
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Not sure...I didn't read that anywhere but it might of been brought up some place I'm not aware of.

Novels, perhaps.
Old 2010-01-29, 11:17   Link #222
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Which brings up the question: why does Fate have magical potential when Alicia didn't? Or did Alicia have the potential and simply never had it developed like Linith developed Fate's?
Old 2010-01-29, 11:29   Link #223
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Fate was a prodigy to the point where she self-taught herself most magic. Linith simply perfected them and helped her along the way with the more complicated stuff. Afterall, Fate managed to make a familiar on her own at the age of 7-ish.

I don't know why Alicia was lacking in the magic department...I suppose even when you try to clone, there will be differences. But as far as I know, Alicia wasn't capable of high level magic, or any at all.
Old 2010-01-29, 11:48   Link #224
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Fate was a prodigy to the point where she self-taught herself most magic. Linith simply perfected them and helped her along the way with the more complicated stuff. Afterall, Fate managed to make a familiar on her own at the age of 7-ish.

I don't know why Alicia was lacking in the magic department...I suppose even when you try to clone, there will be differences. But as far as I know, Alicia wasn't capable of high level magic, or any at all.
You also have to consider that Alicia was younger, and thus not developed; depending on what you feel, she was 5 to 7 years old by the time she died. Perhaps it takes time for a linker core to full develop, like other organs. Perhaps, if she had lived longer, she could have made it rank S+ like Fate.

Fate was motivated more to develop her magic, to please her mother, and Precia did make Linith a familiar to specifically teach Fate, so there are a few extenuating circumstances.
Old 2010-01-29, 11:50   Link #225
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I think she's the only reason Fate wasn't completely screwed in the head during season one.
It is in fact. In the Movie manga chapter four, Arf states that since Linith died Fate changed. She was forcing herself to act happily in front of Arf but she always looked sad and lonely when she was by herself.

Quote:
Which brings up the question: why does Fate have magical potential when Alicia didn't? Or did Alicia have the potential and simply never had it developed like Linith developed Fate's?
God Knows. Having had Precia's genes, however, it could easily be that Alicia had a lot of latent potential that was never developed or was simply never inactive; whereas Fate's potential showed up and developed very early on. That sort of thing happens sometimes.
Old 2010-01-29, 11:52   Link #226
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

But that begs the question, if Alicia was capable of high level magic, then it should have had no baring on Precia's realization that Fate and Alicia are two different people. Then again, Precia wasn't a very rational thinker...
Old 2010-01-29, 11:56   Link #227
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
But that begs the question, if Alicia was capable of high level magic, then it should have had no barring on Precia's realization that Fate and Alicia are two different people. Then again, Precia wasn't a very rational thinker...
If a talent hasn't shown itself, can you possibly know whether a child possesses it or not? I said maybe Alicia had potential that was never developed before the accident; if that was the case, then Precia would have never known. Meanwhile, Fate also had this potential but it developed very early on. It could be a plausible theory...
Old 2010-01-29, 11:59   Link #228
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Perhaps Alicia was simply too young? After all, Fate had to be trained for it, and Nanoha herself didn't use magic until she was nine. But then that begs the question of why Precia never trained her for it, since she seemed aware that Alicia had the poential if she created Linith to train Fate...
Old 2010-01-29, 12:00   Link #229
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
But that begs the question, if Alicia was capable of high level magic, then it should have had no baring on Precia's realization that Fate and Alicia are two different people. Then again, Precia wasn't a very rational thinker...
Precia didn't want Alicia because of magic. Precia wanted Alicia because Alicia was Alicia. She loved Alicia, and Fate was only a copy in looks, not quite in personality. Remember the famous flashback Fate has, seeing her mother making a crown of flowers for Alicia? And calls her name, and Fate gets confused, thinking, "Alicia? No mother, I'm Fate."

That's why Fate remembers her mother as kind, because of the memories she had from Alicia.
Old 2010-01-29, 12:07   Link #230
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Perhaps Alicia was simply too young? After all, Fate had to be trained for it, and Nanoha herself didn't use magic until she was nine. But then that begs the question of why Precia never trained her for it, since she seemed aware that Alicia had the poential if she created Linith to train Fate...
Not really... Fate was recreated at Alicia's death-age which is 7 years old. Maybe Precia simply didn't want Alicia involved in magic? There is a possibility of that too... or maybe she simply wasn't aware that Alicia had that potential in the first place, even if she could have suspected. Being her daughter and all...
Old 2010-01-29, 12:19   Link #231
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

the story is vague on the Alicia area after all it focused mostly around Fate and Nanoha what little story there was to Alicia is what is leading us to believe what we currently know, for all we know is Alicia had potential but decided not to use that power for some reason maybe Precia like stated before didn't want Alicia to use magic we will never know
Old 2010-01-29, 12:25   Link #232
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Not really... Fate was recreated at Alicia's death-age which is 7 years old. Maybe Precia simply didn't want Alicia involved in magic? There is a possibility of that too... or maybe she simply wasn't aware that Alicia had that potential in the first place, even if she could have suspected. Being her daughter and all...
But all things considered, wouldn't have Precia wanted to train Alicia so she could defend herself? Or maybe she was planning to do it, and then Alicia was killed, so she never had the chance.
Old 2010-01-29, 12:26   Link #233
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Precia didn't want Alicia because of magic. Precia wanted Alicia because Alicia was Alicia. She loved Alicia, and Fate was only a copy in looks, not quite in personality. Remember the famous flashback Fate has, seeing her mother making a crown of flowers for Alicia? And calls her name, and Fate gets confused, thinking, "Alicia? No mother, I'm Fate."

That's why Fate remembers her mother as kind, because of the memories she had from Alicia.
Still doesn't change the fact Precia realized Fate and Alicia were different because Fate knew magic.

Precia didn't originally create a clone of her daughter just to use and abuse her. She's pretty twisted, but even for her...
Old 2010-01-29, 12:35   Link #234
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
But all things considered, wouldn't have Precia wanted to train Alicia so she could defend herself? Or maybe she was planning to do it, and then Alicia was killed, so she never had the chance.
Why would she? Precia herself is a pretty powerful mage in her own right, so she could have protected Alicia and I think they lived alone in the Garden of Time, so...
Old 2010-01-29, 12:36   Link #235
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Still doesn't change the fact Precia realized Fate and Alicia were different because Fate knew magic.

Precia didn't originally create a clone of her daughter just to use and abuse her. She's pretty twisted, but even for her...
After the enforcers attempt to arrest Precia and she defeats them, there is a scene where Alicia is revealed and Precia talks to the bridge of the Asura. She says, "Alicia was a bit selfish, but she always listened to what I had to say."

Nowhere in there did Precia mention magic as being a difference. While we don't know all the physiology of linker cores, given they are genetically identical, I'd say Alicia held the same potential, and like Rev Beam said, I think Precia always planned to teach Alicia magic someday. She was just enjoying being with her daughter for now.

True, it can go either way, I just tend to assume the most logical conclusions until proven otherwise.
Old 2010-01-29, 12:40   Link #236
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
After the enforcers attempt to arrest Precia and she defeats them, there is a scene where Alicia is revealed and Precia talks to the bridge of the Asura. She says, "Alicia was a bit selfish, but she always listened to what I had to say."

Nowhere in there did Precia mention magic as being a difference. While we don't know all the physiology of linker cores, given they are genetically identical, I'd say Alicia held the same potential, and like Rev Beam said, I think Precia always planned to teach Alicia magic someday. She was just enjoying being with her daughter for now.

True, it can go either way, I just tend to assume the most logical conclusions until proven otherwise.
It was mentioned somewhere, although I don't believe it was directly in the anime. "Alicia was a bit selfish, but she always listened to what I had to say." <-- that really doesn't have any meaning, especially so coming from a crazy women. It's not like Fate didn't always listen to what she had to say as well. Precia was just looking for a way to depress Fate at that point.
Old 2010-01-29, 13:04   Link #237
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
It was mentioned somewhere, although I don't believe it was directly in the anime. "Alicia was a bit selfish, but she always listened to what I had to say." <-- that really doesn't have any meaning, especially so coming from a crazy women. It's not like Fate didn't always listen to what she had to say as well. Precia was just looking for a way to depress Fate at that point.
Maybe, but you can't toss away the few pieces of evidence we have, just because you don't like it. Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.
Old 2010-01-29, 13:11   Link #238
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Perhaps not, but it wouldn't have taken her too long to realize that Fate wasn't a perfect copy of Alicia. Maybe for a little while she was kind enough to Fate, but I don't doubt it didn't last very long.
Old 2010-01-29, 13:15   Link #239
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

@Kaijo: Precia's comment completely disregards how Fate acted to her. If the emphasis was on Fate never being selfish to her, then she would have a point, but heck, Fate's sole objective was listening to Precia's every demand.

And I'm saying we do have something to go on...Considering I heard it from a source, I can't confirm it though. But it should imply somewhere that Precia jumped to those conclusions because of Fate's magical potential. Any one know where it mentions that?
Old 2010-01-29, 13:17   Link #240
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Precia never cared about Fate, not to the extent that she cared about Alicia. It doesn't matter if her comment makes no sense in context; she was just saying it to show how inferior Fate is to how Alicia was. It never meant anything to her that Fate listened to her and did everything she wanted.