AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-25, 00:37   Link #1341
Sixth
Hu Tao

Might be slightly off-topic.

What kind of rank/power level if Naruto somewhat drop into the Index universe? Naruto can use everything that he had so far in his own manga, yes, including Kyubi transformation.
Old 2010-04-25, 01:01   Link #1342
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

He would most likely be a magician, whose abilities are centered around Shinto, as the Kitsune is a divine creature in Shinto tradition. And since there are no known classification of magicians, I can say that he is an artificial magical Angel, which has two forms: the human form and the Angel form, which is, the Kyuubi.

Pretty much the same aspect goes for the remaining eight Jinchuuriki.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-25, 01:58   Link #1343
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Don't know where this question belongs, so I'll just ask in this thread.

So, about the audio dramas, including the radio dramas and the ones in the Archives CDs. Did the author say anything about the "canonicality" of those?

I wasn't quite into Index yet when the audio dramas started coming out, so I never really read anything about them. I even forgot that they exist until recently. Now that the Railgun anime is over and there's probably gonna be a while until vol. 21, I figured this would be a good time to listen to them.
Hmm, everyone I've talked to treats the dengeki dramas and the characters introduced in them as canonical.

As for the archive cd dramas, my first thought back when I listened to them was that they couldn't be canon. But now that they seem to be pushing the idea that the anime series take place in their own canon, those cd dramas might be part of the anime canon for all I know.

They can be pretty funny though for what it's worth.
Old 2010-04-25, 02:35   Link #1344
tsunade666

so its cannon on itself. Being a part of the anime that makes it a canon for the anime.

If its naruto to be put on index it will surely be magician's side specially when he attain the level of a sage. But please naruto fans or even if bleach fans don't associates them in indexverse.
Old 2010-04-25, 09:14   Link #1345
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Hmm, everyone I've talked to treats the dengeki dramas and the characters introduced in them as canonical.

As for the archive cd dramas, my first thought back when I listened to them was that they couldn't be canon. But now that they seem to be pushing the idea that the anime series take place in their own canon, those cd dramas might be part of the anime canon for all I know.

They can be pretty funny though for what it's worth.
I finished listening to all of them last night, and that's what I thought. I accept the radio dramas as canon, but not the Archives dramas. The level of detail and the general direction of the Archives are just different from the radio dramas and the regular canon material. And it's kind of funny how Archives 1 had bit of a serious tone, but the seriousness just decreases by each episode. By Archives 4, it's just a plain comedic episode. The Railgun Archives 1 is not any better.

Edit: I guess I should also note that the level of fanservice seems to increase by each episode too.
Old 2010-04-25, 10:26   Link #1346
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
I finished listening to all of them last night, and that's what I thought. I accept the radio dramas as canon, but not the Archives dramas. The level of detail and the general direction of the Archives are just different from the radio dramas and the regular canon material. And it's kind of funny how Archives 1 had bit of a serious tone, but the seriousness just decreases by each episode. By Archives 4, it's just a plain comedic episode. The Railgun Archives 1 is not any better.

Edit: I guess I should also note that the level of fanservice seems to increase by each episode too.
Do you think you can post a basic summaries for the radio dramas, please?
Old 2010-04-25, 12:45   Link #1347
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Summary for radio drama:
Spoiler for radio drama:
Old 2010-04-25, 16:15   Link #1348
tsunade666

"whoever can get Mikoto to use her full power, that person's love for her will blossom

Interesting! very interesting! but why those it had an opposite effect on touma and instead of blossoming its more like she's being ignored and the one who's heart reach full bloom is mikoto
Old 2010-04-25, 23:33   Link #1349
stillmissing

Quote:
Summary for radio drama:
Spoiler for radio drama:
Ah you reminded me of one of my favorite parts.

Spoiler for radio drama:
Old 2010-04-25, 23:46   Link #1350
tsunade666

on what time or period this radio drama occur? Because by the looks of it. Its from the later part because mikoto is included on their conversation about the supposed to be secret stuff of the world.
Old 2010-05-31, 01:44   Link #1351
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
My kanji-reading isn't the best, but according to margafred and stuopidget, there really is an Index S2 in the works already. Although, no offense to them, due to the lack of an official announcement so far, I'd like to see a second opinion on the translation (as I said, my kanji-reading isn't that good ) before I start celebrating, and even then just because a VA for a character on the series says so doesn't mean it's truly for real. (though it's a bit hard to believe she'd outright lie) However it's still a good sign.

Kudos to marg and stuo for finding and translating the article, and in the event it pans out, I go back to

**** YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Old 2010-05-31, 05:11   Link #1352
tsunade666

can you read it? or other info? well I'm craving now for more answers but the only thing I could say is.

HELL YES!!!
Old 2010-05-31, 05:41   Link #1353
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
My kanji-reading isn't the best, but according to margafred and stuopidget, there really is an Index S2 in the works already. Although, no offense to them, due to the lack of an official announcement so far, I'd like to see a second opinion on the translation (as I said, my kanji-reading isn't that good ) before I start celebrating, and even then just because a VA for a character on the series says so doesn't mean it's truly for real. (though it's a bit hard to believe she'd outright lie) However it's still a good sign.

Kudos to marg and stuo for finding and translating the article, and in the event it pans out, I go back to

**** YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Oh, I did hear the same thing, but I'm not utterly convinced... hearing S2 in the works pretty much gives me a relief, but not a single official announcement of when we'll be seeing the 2nd season kind of makes me feel a bit insecure. Maybe I'll save my big, red YES for that lol.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-05-31, 07:23   Link #1354
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
can you read it? or other info? well I'm craving now for more answers but the only thing I could say is.

HELL YES!!!
It's pretty much all kanji, so no I can't really make out much unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Oh, I did hear the same thing, but I'm not utterly convinced... hearing S2 in the works pretty much gives me a relief, but not a single official announcement of when we'll be seeing the 2nd season kind of makes me feel a bit insecure. Maybe I'll save my big, red YES for that lol.
I believe that's almost exactly what I just said.

Quote:
Although, no offense to them, due to the lack of an official announcement so far, I'd like to see a second opinion on the translation (as I said, my kanji-reading isn't that good ) before I start celebrating, and even then just because a VA for a character on the series says so doesn't mean it's truly for real.
Quote:
and in the event it pans out

Last edited by Shinji103; 2010-05-31 at 07:33.
Old 2010-05-31, 07:45   Link #1355
tsunade666

well I also said that even if their would be S2 of Index. I doubt it would be air this 2010. It's more likely to be aired 2011 at most early point.

But still just having a rumor or a sign for Index S2 to show up than Railgun S2. It just makes me happy.
Old 2010-05-31, 12:19   Link #1356
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

HELL YES!!!
I would like to second this motion. Excuse me while I do my happy dance.
Old 2010-05-31, 12:51   Link #1357
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

i'm actually very interested where S2 would end though. Would we end at volume 11, the Italy arc, or would we end at vol 13 with Fuse=KAZAKIRI?

it'd be pretty poetic though, to have both seasons end with the arcs concerning Hyouka.
Old 2010-05-31, 14:25   Link #1358
Honoakari
Lurking Member

^ If they do 3 or 4 episodes per volume, there might be just enough space to fit volumes 7-13 into the supposedly 24 episodes of the anime.

* Happiness meter over 9000 due to the announcement of Index season 2. *

Last edited by Honoakari; 2010-06-23 at 13:15.
Old 2010-05-31, 16:22   Link #1359
tsunade666

no that would probably ruin vol 13. Could you imagine vol 12 and 13 in 3 episodes? it would be too cramped in it. Vol 11 or the end of daihasei is enough for me.
Old 2010-05-31, 16:28   Link #1360
Ashaman

I'm torn, but I think Vol.11 would be good.

Then it would begin and end with Anize (I think that's her name)

Last edited by Ashaman; 2010-05-31 at 17:04.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen