AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-07, 17:36   Link #1
TRUETBOY

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

any1 heard of it?
also does any1 knw where i can get the anime to download or download the manga? i was told by some friends that it was really good. but i cant seem to find its bit torrent on sites. please help if u knw.
TRUETBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 12:16   Link #2
Super Ska Master

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I was wondering why this manga was never given a full fledged anime series. It has only gotten an OVA and a movie. Where's the long series? Isn't it the second longest running manga ever?
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 15:04   Link #3
sirtao

it's over 90 volumes and 7 series(the 7th, Steel Ball Run, is ongoing)

also, it's not a mainstream manga...
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 17:19   Link #4
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
I was wondering why this manga was never given a full fledged anime series. It has only gotten an OVA and a movie. Where's the long series? Isn't it the second longest running manga ever?
Well, as far as I know it's damn hard to make Jojo into an anime especially starting from part 4. The battles are more brain battle than strength battle;It relys on how well you use your Stand abilities rather than destroying everything with your super strength. If you don't do a good job expressing that into anime, you'll make it even more confusing..

Even if there will be another Jojo anime coming out, I really don't wish the same people who made the movie and the (first part of the)OVA makes it.
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 19:19   Link #5
sirtao

an anime series of JoJo would mean a series where 90% of the characters fight like Shikamaru, only they have powers a LOT weirder(and are a lot less lazy)-

for exemple, there is a fight of Koichi Hirose, whose Stand Echos(Act 1) has the power to place Onomatopoeias on things, against Tamami Kobayashi, whose Stand The Lock is a lock on the chest of his victim, becomes heavieras the victim's feeling of having done a wrong grows.

or the "fight" at Tonio's restaurant.

a good part of JoJo 4th Series is more like Death Note than Naruto...
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 18:48   Link #6
Kalimah
Fallen Idol

I loves me some jojo ^_^
Kalimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 19:30   Link #7
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I want to see them make Steel Ball Run to anime.
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 14:35   Link #8
ubernoob11

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtao View Post
an anime series of JoJo would mean a series where 90% of the characters fight like Shikamaru, only they have powers a LOT weirder(and are a lot less lazy)-

for exemple, there is a fight of Koichi Hirose, whose Stand Echos(Act 1) has the power to place Onomatopoeias on things, against Tamami Kobayashi, whose Stand The Lock is a lock on the chest of his victim, becomes heavieras the victim's feeling of having done a wrong grows.

or the "fight" at Tonio's restaurant.

a good part of JoJo 4th Series is more like Death Note than Naruto...
A TAD belated to respond on this thread but...... REALLY? You're going to compare Shikamaru with this series?
ubernoob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 08:38   Link #9
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Where is the Dio and Johnathan OVA's?

Phantom Blood

Old 2010-09-18, 18:19   Link #10
marvelB

Jojo.... one of my top favorite mangas of all time. While I'll always like Stardust Crusaders the best, both Diamond is Unbreakable and Stone Ocean (parts 4 and 6 respectively) come pretty close behind it. I also greatly enjor Steel Ball Run, which seems to be nearing its end (the battle against Valentine has been dragging on forever, though ). I'd especially love for Araki to approve of a new Jojo fighting game sometime in the near future (preferably featuring characters from ALL of the different generations, not just part 3).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 00:49   Link #11
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Where is the Dio and Johnathan OVA's?

Phantom Blood
Apparently, Hirohiko Araki, and I assume the Japanese audience as well, hated the movie so that's why no one's uploaded it.

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2010-11-09 at 01:16.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 20:37   Link #12
marvelB

Wooo! Bump time!

Anyway, in case anyone hasn't heard yet, Steel Ball Run ends this month. The final chapter is too freaking awesome for words. I won't spoil the details, but if anyone wants to know how it ends, then I'd recommend checking out this place.

Aaaand...... with the end of part 7, we learn new details about part 8! So now without further ado I present to you...... JOJOLION!

New main character looks pretty neat, if I do say so myself (kudos to Araki for making the new Jojo gap-toothed ). And the best part? The new series will take place in Morioh DUWANG! Boy, oh boy, I can't wait for next month.......
Old 2011-04-25, 22:40   Link #13
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Apparently, Hirohiko Araki, and I assume the Japanese audience as well, hated the movie so that's why no one's uploaded it.
Aw that's too bad.
Old 2011-04-26, 03:13   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
New main character looks pretty neat, if I do say so myself (kudos to Araki for making the new Jojo gap-toothed ). And the best part? The new series will take place in Morioh DUWANG! Boy, oh boy, I can't wait for next month.......
You should make a thead in the manga section. I'm only following the scanlations but I've started reading the summaries ever since that Dio appeared. I can't wait to read the end of SBR. It sounds absolutely amazing.

I was shocked when I saw the gapped teeth
It's not often you see a manga character with teeth like that. Since it takes place in Morioh and it might be a "remake" of part 4, I wonder if this Jojo will be touchy about his teeth (did you say something about my teeth!?).
Old 2011-04-26, 16:01   Link #15
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You should make a thead in the manga section.

Done! I was actually considering making a manga thread for Jojo for quite some time, but procrastinated for some reason. Anyway, I checked and saw that there was only an SBR thread in the manga section, so I went ahead and made a general JJBA thread. Besides, I think this is pretty appropriate now that we've got Jojolion to look forward to next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Since it takes place in Morioh and it might be a "remake" of part 4, I wonder if this Jojo will be touchy about his teeth (did you say something about my teeth!?).

Yeah, I've seen a lot of speculation about whether or not this will be a part 4 remake. Personally, I like the theory about the new Jojo being the son of Shizuka Joestar (the Achtung Baby user that Joseph adopted in part 4), but there's kind of the issue of her not being blood-related to the Joestars. But then again, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Araki came up with some completely nonsensical explanation for the birth (like alternate-universe Shizuka having blood relations to a Joestar after all, Giorno Giovanna ends up being the father, the new MC is some new incarnation of Dio, etc.).....

Tags
action, adventure